Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Perhaps that's what led to Jonathan Dowdall's arrest as he attempted to skip the country, if the bugged van was the vehicle he was using while driving Gerry Hutch around the place?

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/news/former-sf-councillor-jonathan-dowdall-lifted-as-he-flies-to-dubai
    Good job Paddy.
    They were charged with something completely unrelated though. Something to do with incriminating photos on a USB stick they found when they raided his house after the regency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Ucntcme wrote: »
    This first section marked 'Noel' King 'Duggan "as one of the person in the shooting at the Regency Hotel in Dublin, this was a member of the clan Kinahan killed... are we supposed to believe this as well from this fella?

Eh?
    I don't know anything about it , I just want to know how to google translate the article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

[

Was this just today?
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ucntcme

Eh?
    I don't know anything about it , I just want to know how to google translate the article.

Wasn't aiming at you sorry but other people who want us to believe everything from the dutch :D:D

I don't know how to translate if your on Google it just pops up if you want to translate

They were charged with something completely unrelated though. Something to do with incriminating photos on a USB stick they found when they raided his house after the regency.

Usually listening devices are used to get a search warrant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Good boy Ralph.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

This first section marked 'Noel' King 'Duggan "as one of the person in the shooting at the Regency Hotel in Dublin, this was a member of the clan Kinahan killed... are we supposed to believe this as well from this fella?

This first section marked 'Noel' King 'Duggan "as one of the person in the shooting at the Regency Hotel in Dublin, this was a member of the clan Kinahan killed. Eleven days later, the Noel 'King' shot Duggan, he was the best friend of Gerry 'The Monk' Hutch.

That's the paragraph for you!
    First section meaning soarsean!!

I admit English translation isn't great but people get the jest I think!

You seem to have knowledge or want to portray that you have knowledge of this why not give your opinion??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

t's strange aright. Mostly the fact that this is being released through the press. Giving the monk the heads up! This sounds like mind game if you ask me.

Yeah it could well be a mind game. But if it is true that the Gardai bugged the van before the journey up north they should have something incriminating on him, its not like he wouldnt be talking about it.

But the strange thing is he was at Eddies funeral which I think was about a week or 10 days after the Regency- why didnt the Gardai pick him up then before he left the country? If they had him bugged and got evidence of involvement/knowledge of the Regency then surely Eddies funeral was the best time to arrest him.

Id say the bugging is misinformation and a mind game to make the Monk think Interpol have a warrant for his arrest. Probably designed to make him paranoid in the hope he surfaces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah it could well be a mind game. But if it is true that the Gardai bugged the van before the journey up north they should have something incriminating on him, its not like he wouldnt be talking about it.

But the strange thing is he was at Eddies funeral which I think was about a week or 10 days after the Regency- why didnt the Gardai pick him up then before he left the country? If they had him bugged and got evidence of involvement/knowledge of the Regency then surely Eddies funeral was the best time to arrest him.

Id say the bugging is misinformation and a mind game to make the Monk think Interpol have a warrant for his arrest. Probably designed to make him paranoid in the hope he surfaces.
    Surely if he's paranoid the last thing he'll do is surface?

This first section marked 'Noel' King 'Duggan "as one of the person in the shooting at the Regency Hotel in Dublin, this was a member of the clan Kinahan killed. Eleven days later, the Noel 'King' shot Duggan, he was the best friend of Gerry 'The Monk' Hutch.

That's the paragraph for you!
    First section meaning soarsean!!

I admit English translation isn't great but people get the jest I think!

You seem to have knowledge or want to portray that you have knowledge of this why not give your opinion??

I do not have knowledge or portraying I have knowledge and in my opinion I highly doubt that noel duggan wad a shooter at the regency.

Do you believe he was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Maybe the Gardai were holding out for more info and didn't want to arrest him at that early stage of the investigation. Don't forget the Monk has been a thorn in the side of the Gardai for years and has managed to cover his tracks and slip through the net many times. He has a reputation as quite a clever person so maybe they wanted to get him on water tight charges that would put him away for a long time as well as incriminate others. Worth noting also that he didn't show at any of the subsequent funerals.

Could it be possible that a journalist could take a few quid of certain people to print all this so "as you said" try to him him paranoid in the hope he surfaces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Aloneagain

Usually listening devices are used to get a search warrant.

Can you please quote one actual criminal / civil case where a "listening device" was used to secure a search warrant ?

I do not have knowledge or portraying I have knowledge and in my opinion I highly doubt that noel duggan wad a shooter at the regency.

Do you believe he was?

No I don't believe he was directly involved in regency assault!

That part of that article could be lost in translation??Who knows? vlindercrime translated is a rough read alright.
    We're not going to agree :( let's move along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,523 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Aloneagain wrote: »
    Can you please quote one actual criminal / civil case where a "listening device" was used to secure a search warrant ?
    "Confidential source" or some such nebulous term, maybe? Or a 'non-related' stop/search... Information is used, not disclosed. Disinformation, otoh....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Esel wrote: »
    "Confidential source" or some such nebulous term, maybe? Or a 'non-related' stop/search... Information is used, not disclosed. Disinformation, otoh....

Thought we where over that now but here we go again...

tomofson wrote: »
    Thought we where over that now but here we go again...
    Was that a hint or a riposte? Touché if so. I won't feint, but I might faint or bite my lip.

Necessitarianism rules - or Needs must, when the devil drives. I have a couple of long spoons.

Not your ornery onager

Aloneagain wrote: »

Cases no but have a read.
    http://corkonlinelawreview.com/editions/2010/CRIMINAL%20JUSTICE-BARRY.pdf

• Advertisement

The Listeners by Walter de la Mare

WBY ... pass by

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Tilly wrote: »
    Haha, While I might have a few doubts about the finer details. I think this has been more or less known by most people that something like this happened to start it all off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Haha, While I might have a few doubts about the finer details. I think this has been more or less known by most people that something like this happened to start it all off.

I call BS on that version. While they were busy extorting 200k from Gary and having the Monk act as a go between, they had all the time in the world to go after his brother but only kneecapped him.

It doesn't add up.

Oh the Galway races are on ��

Well if the Sun says it's true....

Nothing is ever true in gangland and in the eyes of its feathered minions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

That's the version I heard way before the regency attack, Gh was told to stay out of costas business and Spain and the boxer was to be paid the 200k in compensation.None of that happened and it came out later that GH was more involved then previous thought in what would seem a very hostile takeover bid of the costas business.I am of course open to correction on this.

• Advertisement

I wonder did it ever even enter Garys head for a millisecond of the absolute s**tstorm he would ultimatley be responsibe for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

I wonder did it ever even enter Garys head for a millisecond of the absolute s**tstorm he would ultimatley be responsibe for.

In theory it probably looked all so easy, Just take out Y blame it on F and everything else will fall into place ?, What could possibly go wrong ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

In theory it probably looked all so easy, Just take out Y blame it on F and everything else will fall into place ?, What could possibly go wrong ?

Well it has absolutely been raining horse cocks on everyone close to him since then alright, although I think that's probably more down to the Regency job than anything that went before it - they only seem to have targeted people who were either at the hotel or had been involved in organisation or transport of people/guns.

Well it has absolutely been raining horse cocks on everyone close to him since then alright, although I think that's probably more down to the Regency job than anything that went before it - they only seem to have targeted people who were either at the hotel or had been involved in organisation or transport of people/guns.

Which makes it even more confusing as to why the Monk would look to bail him out, unless of course he sanctioned it and isn't averse to extortion of drug dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rondog

Which makes it even more confusing as to why the Monk would look to bail him out, unless of course he sanctioned it and isn't averse to extortion of drug dealers.

Patsy ,the Monks brother im sure would have pleaded with the monk to act as go between.Who wouldn't if your sons life was on the line.The same Patsy that wanted this war to avenge his sons death.

People are wondering why Gary would have risked going after Daniel Kinahan,well you would have to understand the mentality of him.He was a loose cannon who took ALOT of drugs.Him and that crew would have been jacked up on roids too.Ive heard of many fights Gary would have been in over there over something simple.He thought he was untouchable cos he was in the cartel.I don't think he would have had the foresight to consider the consequences of killing DK.He would have thought 'kill DK and im the top dog'.Its common knowledge Christy Junior is no threat and a bit of a simpleton and with the dapper don retired and living it up in Dubai,gary would have thought it would be all good having the contacts he has.
    PLus with DK out of the way and a suitcase(not fully sure on that part) with 1 million in cash it would set him up nicely to start pulling in some serious cash from drugs.

rondog wrote: »

Patsy ,the Monks brother im sure would have pleaded with the monk to act as go between.Who wouldn't if your sons life was on the line.The same Patsy that wanted this war to avenge his sons death.

People are wondering why Gary would have risked going after Daniel Kinahan,well you would have to understand the mentality of him.He was a loose cannon who took ALOT of drugs.Him and that crew would have been jacked up on roids too.Ive heard of many fights Gary would have been in over there over something simple.He thought he was untouchable cos he was in the cartel.I don't think he would have had the foresight to consider the consequences of killing DK.He would have thought 'kill DK and im the top dog'.Its common knowledge Christy Junior is no threat and a bit of a simpleton and with the dapper don retired and living it up in Dubai,gary would have thought it would be all good having the contacts he has.
    PLus with DK out of the way and a suitcase(not fully sure on that part) with 1 million in cash it would set him up nicely to start pulling in some serious cash from drugs.
    It makes sense he would ask, but the monk is so anti drugs is he not?
    Or is it only when it's someone else making money off them that he makes a stand.?

Anti drugs, but sure I'll give 200k for a loose cannon and pay another 100k to cover the funeral.
    As for the rest of the family after the regency.....they are on their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rondog

When your brother asks for help in helping his son escape an assassination bid id think a lot of people would overlook the drugs issue.
    I think the general thought was that the Monk would help out gary and gary would disappear-end of.This obviously wasn't the case and we are where we are now.
    Gary had the audacity to go after his boss and 'friend' so the gloves were off and DK wanted Gary out of the picture.
    The fact that the gunman (who is currently before the courts on the david byrne murder) who is a VERY close relative of garys was the one out to shoot DK it makes sense for the cartel to want to wipe out any hutch that could potentially pose a threat.
    Del boy will be locked up for some time to come but on his release I think he will be a top target as this is personal now and a case of get or be got.

rondog wrote: »
    When your brother asks for help in helping his son escape an assassination bid id think a lot of people would overlook the drugs issue.
    I think the general thought was that the Monk would help out gary and gary would disappear-end of.This obviously wasn't the case and we are where we are now.
    Gary had the audacity to go after his boss and 'friend' so the gloves were off and DK wanted Gary out of the picture.
    The fact that the gunman (who is currently before the courts on the david byrne murder) who is a VERY close relative of garys was the one out to shoot DK it makes sense for the cartel to want to wipe out any hutch that could potentially pose a threat.
    Del boy will be locked up for some time to come but on his release I think he will be a top target as this is personal now and a case of get or be got.

That's highly likely I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Ffs I just knew someone would fúcking quote that post. Can you delete that quote please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Ffs I just knew someone would fúcking quote that post. Can you delete that quote please?

Just in case someone missed it the first time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Careful now could be the start of a feud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I'm on a iPad and me thumb has a six pack now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

nocoverart wrote: »
    I'm on a iPad and me thumb has a six pack now.

First time ive genuinely lol'd at a post online in ages!

Bravo! :D

I found it in case anyone is interested I did not delete the comment for tilly but for the other readers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I found it in case anyone is interested I did not delete the comment for tilly but for the other readers...

I wouldn't mind a link, buddy.

pablo128 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a link, buddy.

https://ganglandireland.wordpress.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

I knew most of them in real life, know most of the killers, some on the list killed another on the list, then wound up killed, fuck them, I really don't give a fuck, it's a snake eating it's own tail and none of them had a conscience.

Life goes on regardless.

stuar wrote: »
    I knew most of them in real life, know most of the killers, some on the list killed another on the list, then wound up killed, fuck them, I really don't give a fuck, it's a snake eating it's own tail and none of them had a conscience.

Life goes on regardless.

I would seriously doubt you knew "most of them"

But life goes on regardless no matter who it is that dies... A human being is a selfish entity alls that it serves is itself very few human beings really do have a conscience...

I would seriously doubt you knew "most of them"

But life goes on regardless no matter who it is that dies... A human being is a selfish entity alls that it serves is itself very few human beings really do have a conscience...

Shut the fuck up, your trying to conjure a reaction out of me coz your a garda mole as I said in the PM I sent you, happy digging.....:rolleyes:

stuar wrote: »
    Shut the fuck up, your trying to conjure a reaction out of me coz your a garda mole as I said in the PM I sent you, happy digging.....:rolleyes:

I think you're just a bit of an angry ant pal

I think you're just a bit of an angry ant pal

I'm not your pal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement