Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

the zept wrote: »
    Their still around .keep an eye in the paper over next week or two bout a famous irish footballers family attackin a local in the racecourse in baldoyle

Who is still around???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

tomofson wrote: »
    Who is still around???
    They are. Try to keep up.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Shadow Play

Wonder who this was?

No idea who he is, but you should check out herald.ie/news/alleged-car-thief-is-charged-with-raft-of-motoring-offences-34509934.html

Very interesting article. Amazing how people can just drive around without a license, insurance, NCT and tax and expect to get away with it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

those two lads are wearing the same tracksuit :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

arayess wrote: »

They must be Paul Costelloe :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

arayess wrote: »

Not the tracksuits fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod:

Reminder number fourty-twelve: don't even think about naming suspects who haven't themselves been named by authorities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ucntcme

Who is still around???
    What's your name???

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the zept

Has to be nicola tallant

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Has to be nicola tallant

Doubtful.
    Not enough spelling and grammar mistakes in the posts.

Doubtful.
    Not enough spelling and grammar mistakes in the posts.

Ouch.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

NO murders for a while thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

NO murders for a while thankfully.

Thank you for that information.......

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I see mr big won his war with the gym .the flyefit is not opening bx up again

Yeah I expected that TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Danye

The ironic thing is, IF a criminal gang was behind this attack, because they didn't want this chain of gyms enticing their customers, and if the attacked gym doesn't open back again, the members of this gym won't just decide to join the criminals gym. They wouldn't touch it with a barge pole and potentially, the customers of the criminals gym, who might of been unaware of its links, (If there is any) might decide to leave that gym.

The closure and the reasons for the closure could end up being more detremntial to their gym than if the branded gym stayed open.

This is the 3rd att on that gym . Where u ever in the coolock training until dayne . If ur a member of that gym u know exactly that its run by gangsters . Its a really cheap gym right next to darndale so going to have no promblem gettin members

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Have you a link to that story?.

My mate is a personal trainer their and he is getting transfered to the south circular road cause coolock is closing down

My mate is a personal trainer their and he is getting transfered to the south circular road cause coolock is closing down

Ahh, gossip/rumor mill :rolleyes:

I bet u will be in papers by end of the week .better yet drive up and read the sign on the door

I bet u will be in papers by end of the week .better yet drive up and read the sign on the door

Sorry, I know I might sound like I'm being an asshole with you. I've a gut feeling you're right about it not re-opening, but I hope you're wrong.

Excuse me if I sound like I'm being a dick, but it infuriates me that someone can dictate to a whole community like this and be totally immune to the powers of AGS and government. It drives me insane.

And then the God damned media bigging the guy up on top of all that!.. Jesus wept.

Ah i no mate .i hope it does open its a lovely gym and it will stick it to big .i hate that prick hate even callin him that stupid name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭bugler

Pretty brazen, and a real loss to the area. Hopefully this guy is put away for long time next year (not that will stop him directing his operation...but still)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭DonalK1981

Any ideas about why they are not going to reopen?

Is it lack of funds, no insurer will insure them again, or their equipment etc is beyond repair?

Will they give members their money back? Is there any way the community, even the boards community can do one of those crowd funding if viable?

Even for shutters so the windows cannot be smashed in at a minimum?

As Mr Miagi (sorry) said it infuriates him that nothing can be done but if people in the know would see if the gym owner would welcome this kind of thing maybe we can contribute something in some way...

This is the 3rd att on that gym . Where u ever in the coolock training until dayne . If ur a member of that gym u know exactly that its run by gangsters . Its a really cheap gym right next to darndale so going to have no promblem gettin members

No pal I haven't.

Will the members of the gym that was burnt down think, "Ah we'll just join that other gym now" or will they more than likely give it a wide bearth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭Augme

Danye wrote: »
    The ironic thing is, IF a criminal gang was behind this attack, because they didn't want this chain of gyms enticing their customers, and if the attacked gym doesn't open back again, the members of this gym won't just decide to join the criminals gym. They wouldn't touch it with a barge pole and potentially, the customers of the criminals gym, who might of been unaware of its links, (If there is any) might decide to leave that gym.

The closure and the reasons for the closure could end up being more detremntial to their gym than if the branded gym stayed open.

I think you are giving the average person a bit too much moral credit here. Unless there is another gym near-by then a lot of people won't really care if it's owned by gangsters.

DonalK1981 wrote: »
    Any ideas about why they are not going to reopen?

Is it lack of funds, no insurer will insure them again, or their equipment etc is beyond repair?

Will they give members their money back? Is there any way the community, even the boards community can do one of those crowd funding if viable?

Even for shutters so the windows cannot be smashed in at a minimum?

As Mr Miagi (sorry) said it infuriates him that nothing can be done but if people in the know would see if the gym owner would welcome this kind of thing maybe we can contribute something in some way...

Probably not worth the hassle to re-open if this is going to be an on-going issue.

better yet drive up and read the sign on the door

I meant to say earlier, I pass by a number of times a day and there's been no signs on the door at any time. I drove down today, nothing on the door.

Although I think it'll close I'll live in hope until I hear a statement from the gym.

FF's last FB post, in answer to a quiry if they're opening up again in the same area;
    Hi there, we don't have all the information yet. There are a number of parties who have yet to meet ( landlords, banks, company directors, investors and Garda ) We will post as soon as a decision has been made. Thank you .

Doesn't sound too optimistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

January February is their seasonal peak time.
    They could open again if they found a suitable business partner.
    The Mexicans or somebody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I meant to say earlier, I pass by a number of times a day and there's been no signs on the door at any time. I drove down today, nothing on the door.

Although I think it'll close I'll live in hope until I hear a statement from the gym.

FF's last FB post, in answer to a quiry if they're opening up again in the same area;

Doesn't sound too optimistic.

Sometimes I wonder why I decided to stay in this country.

There really is a horrible generation out there.

Augme wrote: »
    I think you are giving the average person a bit too much moral credit here. Unless there is another gym near-by then a lot of people won't really care if it's owned by gangsters.

Really? I would of thought the average wouldn't go near such a place, especially now with the rumours going around?

What did the members of FF do before it was opened? Where they a member of this other gym?

The other gym was bought bout 3 years ago .the lad put 90,000 into it for equipment and that .few lads i knew where in it .while they were training in it the gym got raided by the guards so when flyefit opened they jumped ship. Now they are going bx to the ctu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,014 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

Can you name the gym that this gangster owns?

He s a prick .on paper he s one of two owners . But the real owner is mr big .paulie is best mates with him .i don t like spreading rumours but if u asked me to name 3 ppl who u could be reading about been found dead .he nearly tops my list . It crazy he was prevousily best mates with alan ryan but switched sides

He s a prick .on paper he s one of two owners . But the real owner is mr big .paulie is best mates with him .i don t like spreading rumours but if u asked me to name 3 ppl who u could be reading about been found dead .he nearly tops my list . It crazy he was prevousily best mates with alan ryan but switched sides

Okay so thats one who would the other two people be? I'm guessing a couple members of the Hutch camp

Okay so thats one who would the other two people be? I'm guessing a couple members of the Hutch camp
    Would you ever fucking stop asking for names? Please.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Would you ever ****îng stop asking for names? Please Nicola, Please

FYP.

• Advertisement

Would you ever ****îng stop asking for names? Please.

Its really not that big of a deal... You're just jumping on the band wagon because that other clown made a big deal out of it a few days ago... Really what does it even matter?

Its really not that big of a deal... You're just jumping on the band wagon because that other clown made a big deal out of it a few days ago... Really what does it even matter?
    There is no other clown...

Not your ornery onager

Anyone know their prices?

What u mean their prices

There is no other clown...

I understand you dont want to say that about your boyfriend.

I understand you dont want to say that about your boyfriend.
    As I said: no other clown.

Not your ornery onager

As I said: no other clown.

I think she's referring to me.

Stick the kettle on Hun, just leaving the office now.
    Xx

What u mean their prices

Whats that?

Ted111 wrote: »
    Anyone know their prices?

U said that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.