Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

the zept wrote: »
    U said that

I think its past your bed time.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭the zept

U said what the prices . And i asked wtf u were on about u mad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I'm presuming he meant gym prices? Or maybe it was hit prices :eek:

U said what the prices . And i asked wtf u were on about u mad thing.

the price of the gym :pac:

Ctu is 30€ a month

Ctu is 30€ a month

ah not bad. thks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭Augme

Interesting website....

http://www.coolocktrainingunit.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭honey12345

tomofson wrote: »
    Okay so thats one who would the other two people be? I'm guessing a couple members of the Hutch camp

Why would you even think that gym is owned by hutch members I though MR BIG was on the Kinahan side

Ted111 wrote: »
    ah not bad. thks.

No way don't give them business! I might try it for a day just to see who's there! lol and I will keep everyone posted I will even try and take some pics of who's there pretending to take a selfie!

• Advertisement

honey12345 wrote: »
    No way don't give them business! I might try it for a day just to see who's there! lol and I will keep everyone posted I will even try and take some pics of who's there pretending to take a selfie!

Good luck to ya pal .if u tryed that and where caught u would get a serious hidin .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

Ted111 wrote: »
    Ctu is 30 a month

ah not bad. thks.

Jesus. There really is no such thing as bad publicity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Augme wrote: »
    Interesting website....

http://www.coolocktrainingunit.ie/

Closed down due to unpaid invoices?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

If I was the web designer I'd get that site back up quick!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

tomofson has been banned for a week and banned from the thread. Please report him if he posts in this thread again.

Similarly, please report any unwanted PMs.

Thanks

Mod

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Bit of an in-joke from the proprietors? The first thing that came to mind from that name was this place:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Training_Unit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Peregrine wrote: »
    tomofson has been banned for a week and banned from the thread. Please report him if he posts in this thread again.

Similarly, please report any unwanted PMs.

Thanks

Mod

i kinda feel bad that he never PM'd me :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

arayess wrote: »
    i kinda feel bad that he never PM'd me :confused:

If she is a journalist she is a pretty **** one, I don't even live in Ireland and have no connection to Dublin yet still seem to easily come across these clowns on Facebook

Their was something funny bout him . He was either
    A) paul williams or nicola tallant
    B) A rookie guard trying to get as much info for a promtion
    C) that clown at the bar that thinks he know s every gangster in dublin and who s getting the bullet next .when really he knows sweet **** all

Definitely a rag journalist.

I wonder is there was any truth to what tomofson was saying that the coolock gym is owned by some hutch members.

• Advertisement

I wonder is there was any truth to what tomofson was saying that the coolock gym is owned by some hutch members.

Journalist MO: make a ridiculous claim, see if anyone confirms it, .........front page news, you heard it here first.

No its not owned by hutch men .i use to be a member their 2 years ago .paul heyan and mark (something) i forget his second name .and mr big is the real owner .paul heyen is big best mate .and mark and paul owned a tanning and myo tech shop

I really hope the next shooting victim (if any) will NOT be another hutch

I really hope the next shooting victim (if any) will NOT be another hutch

How many times do you have to show your man love for the "Family"

It's not a football match.

How many times do you have to show your man love for the "Family"

It's not a football match.
    I'm not a man I'm a lady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭Diddley Squat

Strangely enough , the Hutchs have attracted a lot of sympathy from the 'casual' person.

I remember a few months ago when in work, the subject of the shootlings came up . This very well respected lady customer in her 70's butted in with " I wish the Hutch's would have got Kinhans in the Regency".
    It was a real conversation stopper ! Nobody expected that statement :)

I think there was so much attention in the media suggesting the Hutch victims were mostly innocents, such as Eddie Hutch.
    Either way I think people like to follow the underdog - coupled with the idea that the MOnk doesn't do drugs.

Strangely enough , the Hutchs have attracted a lot of sympathy from the 'casual' person.

I remember a few months ago when in work, the subject of the shootlings came up . This very well respected lady customer in her 70's butted in with " I wish the Hutch's would have got Kinhans in the Regency".
    It was a real conversation stopper ! Nobody expected that statement :)

I think there was so much attention in the media suggesting the Hutch victims were mostly innocents, such as Eddie Hutch.
    Either way I think people like to follow the underdog - coupled with the idea that the MOnk doesn't do drugs.
    I never understood that you MUST support the lesser of two evils.
    Neither give a **** that they are destroying lives of families with their activities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I never understood that you MUST support the lesser of two evils.
    Neither give a **** that they are destroying lives of families with their activities.

As a nation we love a bit of crime drama as long as it doesn't happen on our doorstep.

It's like a game to some people.

Just look at love hate and how everyone was walking around saying the expressions and thinking the characters were heroes and hilarious.

Ordinary decent criminals.

I cannot put up links .but if u google the hearld most of what i said is in their today bout the gym and mr big

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I cannot put up links .but if u google the hearld most of what i said is in their today bout the gym and mr big

The only story I can find is from the 27th July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/heavily-armed-garda-storm-city-pub-after-taunts-by-hutch-gang-thugs-34936195.html

Heavily-armed gardai stormed a north inner city pub after a number of criminals linked to the Hutch gang barricaded themselves into the premises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Laika123

The only story I can find is from the 27th July.

independent.ie/irish-news/news/owners-to-decide-on-future-of-gym-wrecked-in-mr-big-arson-attack-34935077.html

Owners to decide on future of gym wrecked in 'Mr Big' arson attack

The future of the Coolock Flyefit gym badly damaged in a recent arson attack hangs in the balance as the owners decide whether or not to reopen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

[quote="Smondie.[/quote]

Last week's pub incident was the second to involve criminals linked to the Hutch mob which has led to a robust garda response.

Last month, in a separate north inner city pub, dozens of officers responded to a 'back up' request from their colleagues after three drunken gangland thugs threatened to shoot gardai when they attempted to arrest them after a pub 'lock-in' descended into chaos.

How many pub's do Hutch affiliated gangsters in Dublin have control over?

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/kinahan-car-thief-escapes-hit-attempt-as-armed-man-lifted

This week, in a milestone for the investigation, detectives secured the first major conviction linked to the probe into the Kinahan-Hutch feud.

Donegal man Shane Rowan (39), was jailed for seven-and-a-half years for possession of assault rifles and ammunition, as well as four years in prison for IRA membership.

He was caught with three assault rifles, as well as three magazines suitable for use in each rifle, at Tuiterath, Balrath, Slane, Co. Meath in March.

The court heard that Gardaí had confidential information that Rowan was to collect firearms on behalf of the IRA in Dublin.

The Sunday World can reveal that the weapons were discovered as a result of intelligence gathered by the Special Detective Unit into links between the Hutch gang and dissident republicans.

Even before the feud started, the Gardaí were monitoring whether northern-based dissidents were supplying guns to the Hutch gang.

Rowan’s arrest came as a direct result of intelligence suggesting he was involved in transporting guns for dissident chiefs based in the North.

In court this week, Detective Sergeant Padraig Boyce said that Rowan was “a volunteer” and “certainly wouldn’t be issuing instructions”.

Very hush hush ha?

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/man-charged-in-connection-with-regency-attack-appears-in-court

Mr Hutch who was wearing a grey shirt and blue jeans was further remanded in custody to appear at the same court on Aug. 17 next for the DPP's directions to be obtained.

Makikomi .are u friends with joe connely and gary morris. Sorry bout been ofc tipic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

Smondie wrote:
    Heavily-armed gardai stormed a north inner city pub after a number of criminals linked to the Hutch gang barricaded themselves into the premises.

Which pub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I wonder if the Guards gleamed anything from the mobile phone he threw at them?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Which pub?

"rushed to the area which has seen a gang feud related murder in its vicinity this year"

Can only be noctors

"However, other lines of investigation are also being pursued."

• Advertisement

Smondie wrote: »
    http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/heavily-armed-garda-storm-city-pub-after-taunts-by-hutch-gang-thugs-34936195.html

Typical of the hutch mob.
    Drug dealing, car theft, assault, kidnapping, murder, detest for the law and members of AGS.

Yet we have "supporters" who think they are heroes of the people.

I don't like to wish death upon anyone, but when another gets knocked off (and they will), I won't care in the slightest.

I wonder if the Guards gleamed anything from the mobile phone he threw at them?

Probably a picture of the monk robbing a bike in the Netherlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Fair play to AGS. These cnuts need every effort they make to ignore the law destroyed. They don't get to set up their warped little kingdom.

Probably a picture of the monk robbing a bike in the Netherlands.

It's quite obvious that's for me😀
    First off I don't think Gerry needs to rob a bike.
    Apparently the phone was a Nokia 3310 twas a good brick alright!

Supporter/criminal sympathizers who cares only you, yet your still here come back to reality

What have the Hutch's done to you that you would wish death on them and not Kinahans ha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Danye

The other gym was bought bout 3 years ago .the lad put 90,000 into it for equipment and that .few lads i knew where in it .while they were training in it the gym got raided by the guards so when flyefit opened they jumped ship. Now they are going bx to the ctu

So people did leave the gym because of its supposed connections to criminals which was confirmed by the raid and went to flye fit.

These same members who were so put of by the raid are now going to go back to the other gym despite the previous raid, the allegations that they may have had involvement in the attack on FF and the supposed criminal connections?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

Any idea what pub it was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

tinpib wrote: »

Any idea what pub it was?
    Nope, but I hope I don't wander in there by accidently for a pint. They really should have named it.

Nope, but I hope I don't wander in there by accidently for a pint. They really should have named it.

The name was suggested by a poster a few posts back and if correct it's in Sheriff Street Lower, North Dock, Dublin

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

The Kenneth O'Brien murder isn't getting much press at the minute despite the fact there's a man in court today. Was the guy in court today known to gardai, is he a major criminal?

The Kenneth O'Brien murder isn't getting much press at the minute despite the fact there's a man in court today. Was the guy in court today known to gardai, is he a major criminal?

One person was already charged with that murder last Feb and due process will have to take its course. I'm sure the reasons behind it will out at some point during the trial. What more needs to be said about it really?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement