Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I don't know why, but I burst out laughing when I read this

It scrolled across the screen so quickly that I thought it was Robbie Williams at first. And then my heart sank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

In all honesty, what's the mistake? I'm not seeing one. Maybe I've been reading tabloids for too long? O_o

Should be 'a number of shots'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

bajer101 wrote: »
    It was David Byrne who was killed.

psycho killer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Daniel Kinahan one of those shot! Don't cross The Monk!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Heard it was Danial Kinahan that got killed, Still no confirmation though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

RayM wrote: »
    I deleted the RTE News app from my phone when it beeped in the middle of the night to tell me that Robin Williams had died.

Huh, the RTE News App is basically like my mother so. If the alert went along the lines of "C'mere, I've just had an awful shock. You'll never guess who died. Do you remember Johnny Mac's sister. You met her that one time. You were seven. She was home on holidays. Anyway, it doesn't matter. She was married to a man from Leitrim. What was his name...I can't remember. But anyway, she watched a film one day and this man was in it and now he's dead. It's very sad.

Ah you do remember her. She had a red coat. Sure it doesn't matter anyway.

Very sad altogether."

For better or worse, I can't delete the mammy app. :pac:

If that's the case there'll be an all out gang war on our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

smash wrote: »
    Downgraded to handguns...

"Breaking: Four hundred men in tanks, wearing full military attire, smashed through the hotel walls before indiscriminately launching rocket propelled grenades into the crowd. An ICBM armed with a nuclear tipped warhead was also found at the scene. More to follow..."

If they were going to embellish the story they could at least have gone all in.

• Advertisement

"Breaking: Four hundred men in tanks, wearing full military attire, smashed through the hotel walls before indiscriminately launching rocket propelled grenades into the crowd. An ICBM armed with a nuclear tipped warhead was also found at the scene. More to follow..."

If they were going to embellish the story they could at least have gone all in.
    "It is believed that North Korea have dropped an atomic bomb in to a hotel foyer in Dublin."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Ya there'll be hell to pay if it's Christy Sr's son who was killed. Still no confirmation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

Hutchs i presume.out of the loop lately on this but arent the Kinahans viewed as the best of the worst ie the guards would rather they where in charge of gangland over the other psycho gangs.things seemed quieter lately until now.

Hutchs i presume.out of the loop lately on this but arent the Kinahans viewed as the best of the worst ie the guards would rather they where in charge over the other psycho gangs

I don't think so. He rules a drug network as sizeable as most large cartels. He's thought to be one of the largest in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

From talking heads? Talk about wrong place wrong time. It must have been a psycho killer

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

I heard the shooter was dressed as a woman..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

silverharp wrote: »
    From talking heads? Talk about wrong place wrong time. It must have been a psycho killer

You're on the road to nowhere with that.

derra_121 wrote: »
    I heard the shooter was dressed as a woman..

Panty strikes...

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

Ally Dick wrote: »
    That's the end of Talking Heads so

Do you think when the gunmen arrived one told the other This Must Be The Place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

YFlyer wrote: »
    You're on the road to nowhere with that.

This must be the place where all the puns go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

Noticed its on sky sports news in the yellow bar..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

And don't expect the gardai to get too involved either. I must stay out of north Dublin for a while. Don't want to get killed by friendly fire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

"It is believed that North Korea have dropped an atomic bomb in to a hotel foyer in Dublin."

Nope that was me, had a few Guinness last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

AK47s :eek: this is a weapon you have heard for years that these gangs have but this is the first time one has been used i believe.scary these headers have automatic weapons.these guns are different league.

Samuel L Jackson quote incoming in......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If you are going to come out of retirement announce it in style

Style meaning 'dressed as a female Garda' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Eye witness on RTE Radio now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Waiting for lawyers for MGM to action the Kinahans over their use of MGM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,151 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

So you believe Gerry Hutch is behind this?

Eye witness on RTE Radio now.

he sounds stunned

• Advertisement

So you believe Gerry Hutch is behind this?

Who has departed? Wee Daniel?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

AK47s :eek: this is a weapon you have heard for years that these gangs have but this is the first time one has been used i believe.scary these headers have automatic weapons.these guns are different league.

Samuel L Jackson quote incoming in......

Think it's been changed to handguns now

he sounds stunned

Mel always sounds like that.

Stheno wrote: »

Not surprised, not sure Jabba the hut could conceal an AK47

M

It even makes the BBC...
    The pay-per-view channel Box Nation was due to broadcast the event from Dublin's National Stadium but has said it has now been cancelled.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35503937

Stheno wrote: »

Hand guns at the front

fancy dress gardai with machine guns at the back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

my friend wrote: »
    Waiting for lawyers for MGM to action the Kinahans over their use of MGM

They should give Matthew Macklin a shout and ask what he thinks of it all. A boxer with a good education behind him aswell you'd imagine he wouldn't have wanted to be associated with that shower.

Has he ever spoken about the time his trainer Jamie Moore got shot in a case of mistaken identity? I'd imagine he is told to keep his mouth shut.

The Boxing body in Ireland now should show a strong hand and ban this MGM crowd from running any shows in this country and the entire boxing world should follow suit and refuse to sanction shows they run anywhere.

The fighters need to show some brain cells aswell and not go near that outfit. Some of them are probably so far in over their heads though

price690 wrote: »
    They should give Matthew Macklin a shout and ask what he thinks of it all. A boxer with a good education behind him aswell you'd imagine he wouldn't have wanted to be associated with that shower.

Has he ever spoken about the time his trainer Jamie Moore got shot in a case of mistaken identity? I'd imagine he is told to keep his mouth shut.

The Boxing body in Ireland now should show a strong hand and ban this MGM crowd from running any shows in this country and the entire boxing world should follow suit and refuse to sanction shows they run anywhere.

The fighters need to show some brain cells aswell and not go near that outfit. Some of them are probably so far in over their heads though

+1

All the sports hacks ignore this too

Now, my theory as to why Katie Taylor pulled out of the Limerick fight has been granted weight

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

A lot of drugs money goes into these events so they stay stum

• Advertisement

Hand guns at the front

fancy dress gardai with machine guns at the back

And Mel stuck in the middle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Liam Roe not Kinahan I'm hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

price690 wrote: »

I thought there would have been some law prohibiting convicted criminals from being involved in the promotion of the sport.

It's how the various governing bodies went about getting the mob out of the sport in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

This is a big one indeed. Instead of sending one hitman they sent three. I can see a nasty gangland war from this.

A man has died and another two are seriously injured after three men dressed as members of the Garda ERU burst into a Dublin hotel armed with what is believed to be AK47s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Macklin should f**k off associating with this filth. He knows well what the craic is. Let them wipe one another out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Someone here could post a link to a story about a flesh-eating virus rapidly spreading across Dublin, and the comments would still be about the quality of journalism in the piece, even though it's absolutely fine.

I've written lots and lots of news stories and omitting words such as 'of' and 'it' are par for the course sometimes. You could read the final piece 10 times and still miss it. They're especially excusable in a story like this, which has to be written at speed and updated every time a new bit of information comes to light.

It's also Friday so don't be surprised if the journalist here is dreaming about the weekend. You do the same in your job.

It doesn't matter how perilous the situation, there's no call for shoddy journalism.

• Advertisement
    M

On TV3 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

my friend wrote: »
    +1

All the sports hacks ignore this too

Now, my theory as to why Katie Taylor pulled out of the Limerick fight has been granted weight

The media have such disrespect for pro boxing that its probably seen as a hazard of the business that comes with the territory.

Lets face it, im a boxing fan myself but pro boxing is an absolute joke in reality and has very little credibility outside of the so called "superfights".

You can only hope our own promising amateur boxers don't turn pro after Rio and get drawn to the likes of MGM.

I know Michael Conlan's brother was supposed to be fighting on that card tomorrow night and would have been more than likely present at that weight in.

Jamie Kavanagh was topping the bill (his dad and uncle were both executed in drug related feuds in the last couple of years) in a WBO european lightweight title fight whatever the hell that is, theres your problem with boxing. The title probably wasn't even in existence before this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

I can't see them using AK-47's. I'd say they used sub-machine guns. Witnesses don't understand the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

osarusan wrote: »
    Should be 'a number of shots'.

Jesus, I didn't even notice that that was missing and assumed that it did indeed say "number of shots".

Amazing how you can think you've read missing words when your brain just inserts them where it knows they should be :D

M

TV3 have footage of it happening, no sound or shots visible.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement