Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Tilly wrote: »

any idea where this happened??

Sunday World suggest it was 2 members of the Kinihan gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Terrible article.
    One sentence followed by the same old videos being posted again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

No idea, i'd say more will come out later if it just happened. Why cant they all just piss off back to Marbella :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Hypothetically, if the blood on <mod snip> please don't speculate on names </mod snip> clothing is proven to be a match for the latest murder victim, he could be a dangerous animal until the results are in.
    He was identified as the shooter in the blasting of <snippy> in his own bed years ago but charges were not pressed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

It was his own blood according to the rags.

Gamebred wrote: »
    It was his own blood according to the rags.

Ya, he'd a bad cut on his had, apparently.

Were's Lt. Lenk when ya need him?

I wouldnt blame him either not pulling in for the police if it was undercover pulling him in,could of been anyone trying to shoot him pretending to be police.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Hypothetically, if the blood on <mod snip> please don't speculate on names </mod snip> clothing is proven to be a match for the latest murder victim, he could be a dangerous animal until the results are in.
    He was identified as the shooter in the blasting of <snippy> in his own bed years ago but charges were not pressed.

he would be the most stupidest criminal in the world if he left blood all over his clothes driving around town hours after a murder:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

The SCC has been in operation for 70 year's, Labour party were against it in 2009. Fcuking hilarious this has become an election issue.

I'm undecided on the issue because in Ireland, usually the panel of judges are made up of barristers appointed by the current government elected, so they have their "bias" to the government at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

garda reps whingeing again..........never stops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hitchens wrote: »

It's a great time for them to do it in fairness so why wouldn't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Hitchens wrote: »

Yeah? What about ?

If ppl are complaining that the guards should somehow have prevented these incidents before they occurred then yeah I'd moan too. You have to have funding to employ the clairvoyant experts who can foresee these types of events before they happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

colossus-x wrote: »
    Yeah? What about ?

If ppl are complaining that the guards should somehow have prevented these incidents before they occurred then yeah I'd moan too. You have to have funding to employ the clairvoyant experts who can foresee these types of events before they happen.
    I have great admiration for the Gardai on the beat, but the union reps are another thing. No matter what is ever proposed they will find fault with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

colossus-x wrote: »
    Yeah? What about ?

Couple of quid would have bought the papers a week before the event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Gerry Hutch is apparently back in Dublin. I recall there was a time when he use to hate the constant garda surveillance on him and his crew, and would do his best to give them slip. He might be glad of it now in the weeks ahead. I wonder would himself and Kinahan come too see that it is mutually beneficial to call truce, but i guess they don't think that way. One other thing there has been every little said about the BUI allowing MGM to have an event here. Can you imagine if the FAI or GAA were seen to be involved with company that allegedly had links to organised crime there would be uproar. Well at least the BUI won't be dealing with them from now on though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Has Hutch just hit back? 1m of coke busted in tallaght area tonight.

Can't link but it was on the RTE Radio 1's 10'Clock news.

He could be hitting them where they hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

here you go,
    Almost €1m worth of cocaine has been seized by Gardaí in Dublin.
    Just over €900,000 worth of the drug was found after a house was searched in Tallaght yesterday evening.
    Gardaí discovered approximately 13 kilos of Cocaine, along with a small quantity of ecstasy tablets during.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/almost-1m-worth-of-cocaine-seized-in-dublin-720024.html

How would the monk know were his rival gang was storing drugs,ratting on fellow criminals is not on his agenda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

How would the monk know were his rival gang was storing drugs,ratting on fellow criminals is not on his agenda.

As you say the guys at the top, like the monk, don't operate that way. Its more likely a garda informant within one of the gangs gave the Guards this information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

As you say these guys don't operate that way. Its more likely a garda informant gave the police this information.

Or gardai have been told to lift anyone they've been watching from afar. High visibility policing.

His dead nephew worked for them. And was killed by them

humberklog wrote: »
    His dead nephew worked for them. And was killed by them

So he'd know what house in tallaght where they keep drugs? you seriously believe this?

So he'd know what house in tallaght where they keep drugs? you seriously believe this?

His nephew wasn't selling drugs on the street. He was part of a team supplying drugs into the country and therefore knowing his supply line names.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭King Cantona

More likely Gardai pulling in anyone remotely suspect - they need some good news, the pressure will be on from govt and senior rankings as they've been made to look incompetent (rightly or wrongly)in the eyes of many over the past week. The 1m seizure was probably information they were sitting on to investigate, or if you were to be cynical...

More likely Gardai pulling in anyone remotely suspect - they need some good news, the pressure will be on from govt and senior rankings as they've been made to look incompetent (rightly or wrongly)in the eyes of many over the past week. The 1m seizure was probably information they were sitting on to investigate, or if you were to be cynical...

Some much needed good pr aye

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Yeah they'd never snitch like that in a feud, even on sworn enemies. Would be seen as a pathetic move. These yokes crave respect more than anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

STB. wrote: »

I just saw Francis Fitzgerald the Minister for Justice on Prime Time tonight. By jaysus is she some fúckwit, claiming that this government have put so much resources into tackling crime etc. ?

Whitehall Garda Station was right across the road from the regency

If it had'nt been shut down by the government I doubt very much that this would have happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭secman

Wasn't it reported that Rice is back in town to find out who is snitching from within the camp. . Looks like he's not found the snitch yet.

Gardai have ample resources to take on these people.
    They have ERU, sophisticated surveillance techniques, helicopters and masses of informers.
    Boosting their resources wouldn't have stopped any of this.

Where they have failed inexplicably though is in not having any intelligence gathering units at this weigh in.
    We're talking about a massive cartel.
    One of the biggest criminals in Ireland broadcast that he would be there.
    Him being someone who it seems sets foot here fairly rarely.
    The special branch used to religiously stake out every republican event there was
    Watching this event would have seemed to be a forefone conclusion.
    Lack of resources can't be blamed here.
    This was a Garda fcuk up no matter what.

That's not to mention round two.
    Showy armed checkpoints everywhere, except close enough to the main reprisal target's family home.
    This is basic stuff and hard to understand how it wasn't done right.

• Advertisement

Gardai have ample resources to take on these people.
    They have ERU, sophisticated surveillance techniques, helicopters and masses of informers.
    Boosting their resources wouldn't have stopped any of this.

Where they have failed inexplicably though is in not having any intelligence gathering units at this weigh in.
    We're talking about a massive cartel.
    One of the biggest criminals in Ireland broadcast that he would be there.
    Him being someone who it seems sets foot here fairly rarely.
    The special branch used to religiously stake out every republican event there was
    Watching this event would have seemed to be a forefone conclusion.
    Lack of resources can't be blamed here.
    This was a Garda fcuk up no matter what.

That's not to mention round two.
    Showy armed checkpoints everywhere, except close enough to the main reprisal target's family home.
    This is basic stuff and hard to understand how it wasn't done right.

100% agree

The thing that annoys me is that they have no admitted any error in this,but yet they will claim the glory when they do some good work yet wont take the critiscism when they **** up like this clearly was.

100% agree

The thing that annoys me is that they have no admitted any error in this,but yet they will claim the glory when they do some good work yet wont take the critiscism when they **** up like this clearly was.

Exactly.
    Their only progress will prob be based on those photos of the two making their escape.
    We're used to these hits never resulting in convictions.
    If this any different it'll prob be down to those bizarre photos.

Like you said, an admission of failing would be nice.
    I read about this event months ago.
    How the NDU wasn't there in any shape or form is beyond belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Bambi wrote: »

If it had'nt been shut down by the government I doubt very much that this would have happened

There was a patrol car there within 60 seconds of 999 call.

Do you really think a station still been open would stop these lads?

They don't care either way. Gangland shootings have been happening for years.

230 since 1996.

There was more during the boom when there was the highest amount of gards and stations ever.

But don't let that stop you trying to score points for your party sf by blaming the guberment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I believe that the actions of the government, and by extension the Gardai, in forcing through the Irish Water situation isn't going to do them any favours in terms of seeking help in solving these crimes.

It's not a perception that I particularly agree with, but I think that many people in working class areas now see Gardai as being enforcers of an unfair tax on them while those the cost us many billions were allowed to walk away.

And meanwhile or leader and wannabe leaders are slinging mud at each other :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I seriously doubt that. These scumbags know better than to shoot a Garda, the repercussions from both the gardai and their own gang members for doing it would be immense. The shooters would be taken out pretty quickly, the gangs wouldn't want a p1ssed off police force coming after them or coming down hard on their operations. Gardai would cut off their cash flow.

100% correct. A Garda presence would more than likely have caused the hit to have been postponed/cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

BMJD wrote: »
    I believe that the actions of the government, and by extension the Gardai, in forcing through the Irish Water situation isn't going to do them any favours in terms of seeking help in solving these crimes.

It's not a perception that I particularly agree with, but I think that many people in working class areas now see Gardai as being enforcers of an unfair tax on them while those the cost us many billions were allowed to walk away.

And meanwhile or leader and wannabe leaders are slinging mud at each other :rolleyes:

Jesus wept...does Irish Water have to come into everything!!

Ireland's gangland culture has nothing, absolutely nothing, do with IW. Once again can we please please stop with the scapegoating and level the blame where it's actually warranted....the gangs themselves. They are to blame for their own actions, no-one else.

Ireland's gangland culture has nothing, absolutely nothing, do with IW. Once again can we please please stop with the scapegoating and level the blame where it's actually warranted....the gangs themselves. They are to blame for their own actions, no-one else.

Not sure if you can't read or your reading comprehension is poor. The poster never said that gangland culture has anything to do with IW.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

to be honest that is nonsense imo

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

emmetlego wrote: »
    Whitehall Garda station was closed in the recent cost saving measures, but it's less than 2 minutes walk, never mind a 15 second drive from the Regency. I can assure you, this hit would not have taken place so close to a Garda station. I'm not saying it wouldn't have happened elsewhere, but defo not last Friday in that location if the station was fully manned and open! Therefore the Gov have a lot to answer for.

men years ago two men where shot after they walked across road from blanch garda station, so i cant agree at all. These guys are out for blood and the close proximity of an unarmed garda station doesnt necessarily impede them.

Had the event like many boxing events over the years been manned by the ERU on the other hand......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Communities, trust, etc. Not rocket science.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

well i would hope that people are not stupid enough to harbour and protect criminals just because the gardai attended an IW protest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

JustTheOne wrote: »
    There was a patrol car there within 60 seconds of 999 call.

Do you really think a station still been open would stop these lads?

They don't care either way. Gangland shootings have been happening for years.

230 since 1996.

There was more during the boom when there was the highest amount of gards and stations ever.

But don't let that stop you trying to score points for your party sf by blaming the guberment.

Yeah gangsters tend not to try pull off massive hits on the doorsteps of a copshop.

They're cautious like that.

Sin Fein are my party? lol My enemies enemy chief...

well i would hope that people are not stupid enough to harbour and protect criminals just because the gardai attended an IW protest.

It is not that difficult to understand is it??

If you were having a particularly bad day and you met a stranger at a bus stop, would you tell them all about it?? No

If you were having a particularly bad day and you met someone you knew and trusted, would you tell them about it?? Yes.

It's the same basis with Gardai, if they are known and trusted they'll pick up info in passing and can build on that. Low level intelligence gathering is vital to an police force, it's why countries around the world try to implement "community policing" schemes.

If they are rarely seen in an area, and only when harassing water protesters, dragging 16yos out of bed at 6am it causes resentment and puts a wedge between communities and the Gardai. We can debate whether it should or not, but the fact is that it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It is not that difficult to understand is it??

If you were having a particularly bad day and you met a stranger at a bus stop, would you tell them all about it?? No

If you were having a particularly bad day and you met someone you knew and trusted, would you tell them about it?? Yes.

It's the same basis with Gardai, if they are known and trusted they'll pick up info in passing and can build on that. Low level intelligence gathering is vital to an police force, it's why countries around the world try to implement "community policing" schemes.

If they are rarely seen in an area, and only when harassing water protesters, dragging 16yos out of bed at 6am it causes resentment and puts a wedge between communities and the Gardai. We can debate whether it should or not, but the fact is that it does.

Oh its not difficult to understand. You would have to be intellectually deficient to think that way but there is no shortage of people like that in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Yeah gangsters tend not to try pull off massive hits on the doorsteps of a copshop.

They're cautious like that.

Sin Fein are my party? lol My enemies enemy chief...

As someone said earlier there was 2 lads shot seconds after walking out from blanch garda station few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I sincerely hope that the Irish public is not so stupid and petty as to hide away violent gangs just because they don't like Irish Water or the fact that the Gardai were at the protests about it, doing their job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

JustTheOne wrote: »
    As someone said earlier there was 2 lads shot seconds after walking out from blanch garda station few years ago.

I remember it was down the road that day , they were actually still on the steps and ran back in

The cop shop argument is not a valid one. A shooting takes seconds it takes cops a few minutes to be notified and get active. Criminals esp on a motorbike are a few miles up the road by then provided they are not dumbasses
    Even having cops nearby doesn't always stop them if they have local knowledge and the desire to succeed.

This killer was on a bicycle in the height of the sherrif street feud and still never caught
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/two-held-over-dublin-gang-killing-1.861007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,645 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Taking the armed Gardai away from Dundalk and N. Louth areas to Dublin.

http://talkofthetown.ie/2016/02/11/armed-gardai-transferred-from-louth-to-dublin/

People are not happy with this in Dundalk as the area has been relatively quiet with all the armed checkpoints in the area. Feck it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭benny79

On prime time tonight following the aftermath of recent shootings 21.00.

The problem in this country is withnesses & prison. No withness is going to stand trial in a gangland murder as they are putting themselves in danger & its well know by the guards and they are powerless to stop it. Take some of the cases in the Limerick feud for example.

Plus prison in this country is a joke, time spent and doing the time with tellys playstations high end gyms etc.. The likes of the Larry Murphy's should be giving life sentences not let back out... (just an example)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭benny79

On prime time tonight following the aftermath of recent shootings 21.00.

The problem in this country is withnesses & prison. No withness is going to stand trial in a gangland murder as they are putting themselves in danger & its well know by the guards and they are powerless to stop it. Take some of the cases in the Limerick feud for example.

Plus prison in this country is a joke, time spent and doing the time with tellys playstations high end gyms etc.. The likes of the Larry Murphy's should be giving life sentences not let back out... (just an example)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement