Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

I thought his parish was Puerto Banus.

Died in Dublin though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

So people are saying that religion is a Farce/Pantomine. It doesn't stand for anything except a fancy dress event and in this case many of the mourners also got into fancy dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

totally off them point, but the Catholic Church in America have refused well known Mafioso church funerals in the past!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I read in the Herald that the Gardai have warned 2 of the shooters from the Regency that their lives are in imminent danger. Ridiculous!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I read in the Herald that the Gardai have warned 2 of the shooters from the Regency that their lives are in imminent danger. Ridiculous!!!

I wonder why they haven't been arrested yet? The man dressed up as a woman and the fella with the cap fleeing the scene must be clearly indentifiable in the pictures the guards have.

Surely that's enough evidence to arrest and charge them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

I wonder why they haven't been arrested yet? The man dressed up as a woman and the fella with the cap fleeing the scene must be clearly indentifiable in the pictures the guards have.

sure ya couldn't arrest them on the day of a funeral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Would they not have to find them first ?? I doubt if there sitting down in there local looking at repeats of love/hate...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Paul Williams onThe Late Late 2moro night...

Edit typo 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

JosDel wrote: »
    Paul Williams on The Late Late tonight...

talking to the wall is it?

• Advertisement

blinding wrote: »
    So people are saying that religion is a Farce/Pantomine. It doesn't stand for anything except a fancy dress event and in this case many of the mourners also got into fancy dress.

Not at all, people are merely correcting those who think the eulogy at a funeral mass should be like a review of someone's rap sheet or an assessment of their crimes. Just because it is correctly pointed out that that is a function of the Courts does not mean every other forum is a "farce/pantomime", the Mass is not a trial and the Priest does not hand down a decision.

realies wrote: »
    Would they not have to find them first ?? I doubt if there sitting down in there local looking at repeats of love/hate...

The Herald is stating that Gardai have warned them that they are in immediate danger. I thought these warnings are usually done in person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

talking to the wall is it?

It would probably be a better interview than Tubs will manage tomorrow night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I suspect that the police are building up a case against these guys and they will hold off on any arrests until they have water tight cases against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

flanna01 wrote: »
    Sure wasn't the poor ould priest affiliated to the worlds biggest gang of kiddie fiddlers....???

The Catholic church may not have worn cut suits and shades, but they too, brought terror too many innocents in Dublin too...

Just saying....

Ah come on. Are you that desperate to demonise the Catholic church? Nothing to do with the topic

Ah come on. Are you that desperate to demonise the Catholic church? Nothing to do with the topic

For some boardsies it's the only thing they know how to do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

PARlance wrote: »
    It would probably be a better interview than Tubs will manage tomorrow night.

Considering the interviewer and interviewee you've more chance of getting a spark out of a fresh fish than anything other than cringeworthy nonsense from that pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

What about Tubridy ?

who is he interviewing tomorrow ?

What about Tubridy ?

who is he interviewing tomorrow ?

Paul Williams, the crime reporter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

smash wrote: »
    Why do tabloids entertain this nickname nonsense. They should assign them names that make a complete mockery of them like "Salad Tosser"

It's been done. Brian Meehan was called The Tosser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The newspaper stated that Gardai called to the houses of two of them to warn them of the imminent threat. I don't think finding them is an issue.

• Advertisement

The newspaper stated that Gardai called to the houses of two of them to warn them of the imminent threat. I don't think finding them is an issue.

Garda when issuing immeinent threat letters etc if they cannot find the named people in said letters will go to the last known address or the people's family's homes and leave them with people who they know be in contact with them. And I do think finding them people is an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Is the warning that your life is in danger, a message to the person that the gardai will be stepping aside when the shooters arrive? Is it like John Voight in The General film telling Brendan Gleeson "There's a bullet waiting for you Martin"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Just to be the devil's advocate here.

There are photos of two lads running away from the scene. Were they armed? If they weren't, is there proof that they were involved in the hit?

People running away from machine gun fire is pretty normal. Being in drag, while not exactly normal isn't a crime either.

Suspecting people were involved in the hit and proving it are two different things.

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Is the warning that your life is in danger, a message to the person that the gardai will be stepping aside when the shooters arrive? Is it like John Voight in The General film telling Brendan Gleeson "There's a bullet waiting for you Martin"?

I think as I have never read or recieved one, that the Garda are officially notifying you that they have intelligence that there is a credibil threat to your life, they won't tell you officially who is excacly threatening you as you and they know who there talking about. And precautions should be taken.

BattleCorp wrote: »

There are photos of two lads running away from the scene. Were they armed? If they weren't, is there proof that they were involved in the hit?

People running away from machine gun fire is pretty normal. Being in drag, while not exactly normal isn't a crime either.

Suspecting people were involved in the hit and proving it are two different things.

The lad with the cap is seen clearly with a handgun in his hand, but of course you are right unless they actually siese the said firearm it's impossible to say whether it's a real one or not and more importantly if it was the one used in the shooting.

Excuse the typo errors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Witnesses at the scene may be able to identify them as being the ones who did the shooting I'd imagine!

kfallon wrote: »
    Witnesses at the scene may be able to identify them as being the ones who did the shooting I'd imagine!

Wouldent think they be getting many people to witness to that, unless they were protected , but who would really want to bother ?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

both had handguns mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Wouldent think they be getting many people to witness to that, unless they were protected , but who would really want to bother ?

True but there must be some CCTV footage in the hotel!

Larsso30 wrote: »
    both had handguns mate

The handguns could have been imitation and they were just innocent lads, in a play, yes that's it, they were in a play and they were acting as cops and robbers.

Those pictures don't mean nothing

• Advertisement

Larsso30 wrote: »
    both had handguns mate

The handguns could have been imitation and they were just innocent lads, in a play, yes that's it, they were in a play and they were acting as cops and robbers.

Those pictures don't mean nothing

They were only trying to get the panto together for the elderly folk and children

salt of the earth,pillars of the community

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I thought it was three lads with Kalashnikovs "wot did de shootin"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Paul Williams, the crime reporter.

Ah Jaysus!

*i'll tune in...

I thought it was three lads with Kalashnikovs "wot did de shootin"?

There was three went in dressed as Garda with the ak,there was one dressed as a woman,there was one just as he is ?? And one driving the van. I am not aware of who actually fired the shots. Ak or handgun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

the lad with the flat cap maybe.
    but the person in drag had very professional make up - knowing who they are and proving it are two very different things - probably wouldn't stand up in court as evidence on it's own

So there isn't much evidence yet - the pics don't prove much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Berserker wrote: »
    I suspect that the police are building up a case against these guys and they will hold off on any arrests until they have water tight cases against them.

There's a high risk that they will take off to Spain. Why would you not arrest them and send an initial file to the DPP so that they don't have access to their passports. Makes no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

WarZ wrote: »
    There's a high risk that they will take off to Spain. Why would you not arrest them and send an initial file to the DPP so that they don't have access to their passports. Makes no sense.

To do that they would have to charge them. They wont charge them until they have enough evidence for a conviction.

There was three went in dressed as Garda with the ak,there was one dressed as a woman,there was one just as he is ?? And one driving the van. I am not aware of who actually fired the shots. Ak or handgun.

From the witness accounts I've read The two with the handguns started firing into the air in the conference room, David Byrne and his two associates ran towards the reception area where they were met by the guys with the AK47s.

Daniel Kinahan got very lucky, he escaped through a window at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

So The Indo have exclusive footage of The Monk at his brothers funeral.

Like, seriously, where else would he be? On the fookin' Caribbean?!

Such gutter news reporting. I'd say Paul Williams is tugging himself raw right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Could someone explain something to me?

So at the funeral Eddie Hutch's family called for no retaliation.

But isn't it likely that any retaliation will come from the Hutch family themselves? Why make the appeal public, instead of turning to his surviving brother The Monk and saying "we don't want any retaliation for this".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

flanzer wrote: »
    So The Indo have exclusive footage of The Monk at his brothers funeral.

Like, seriously, where else would he be? On the fookin' Caribbean?!

Such gutter news reporting. I'd say Paul Williams is tugging himself raw right now

I'd say he is saving himself for tonight's late late so the whole country can watch him give Tubridy the money shot live.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fish out of water

Anybody at the funeral?

NIMAN wrote: »

But isn't it likely that any retaliation will come from the Hutch family themselves? Why make the appeal public, instead of turning to his surviving brother The Monk and saying "we don't want any retaliation for this".

The Kinahan's will come at them again is my bet. Gardai have already warned the suspected shooters from the Regency that their lives are in danger. It's a scary time for people in that family, the Kinahan's have shown that you don't you even need to be involved in crime to become a target.

NIMAN wrote: »

Publicity exercise, moving themselves away from the firing line ? Meanwhile outback in a room with a single bulb hanging from a grimy ceiling, the priest is making his retaliation plans...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

I don't the Garda are sure it was the Hutch gang that were involved in the Regency shooting.
    Is their a third party at play here setting the two against each other.
    If the two gangs wipe out each other than said third party can take over.
    Just a thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

I resent any publicity of/at todays funeral, I don't feel there should have been any media there, Eddie Hutch had no known involvement in crime, simply an innocent life taken and he deserved to be remembered for that.

I simply don't see why anyone aside from the grieving family should care or deserve to know as to whether or not The Monk is in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

At least they had respect not to put on a circus like the other lot.

bigroad wrote: »
    At least they had respect not to put on a circus like the other lot.

Exactly!
    The Kinahan paid service was a "look how powerful we are" show not a funeral!

I'm sure the Monk was glad there was plenty of media and Gardai attention at this funeral so he could attend it!
    its not as if they have to hide anything about what the murdered brother of the monk did.

Way of topic, sorry but

Why is there no gangland killings in Cork or Galway ? Not like Limerick or Dublin. ?

222233 wrote: »
    I resent any publicity of/at todays funeral, I don't feel there should have been any media there, Eddie Hutch had no known involvement in crime, simply an innocent life taken and he deserved to be remembered for that.

I simply don't see why anyone aside from the grieving family should care or deserve to know as to whether or not The Monk is in the country.

It's in the public interest because the Hutch family (not the deceased but close family)are guilty of handling huge amounts of illegal drugs for financial gain, spreading misery and death across the city and country, and have been involved in executions of people who have crossed them, most recently in a hotel full of people including children in the middle of the afternoon.
    Plus taxpayers money is being spent on Gardai at this funeral in order to prevent further bloodspill
    The threat to innocent law abiding people going about their business is increasing
    So yes coverage of this funeral is entirely appropriate

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement