Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Vinny Ryan, Alan Ryan's brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

pablo128 wrote: »

funny they didnt mention his name. Now you mention it the knife attack does ring a bell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

pablo128 wrote: »

If Vinny Ryan dies we can probably expect to see another big IRA funeral in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Is there anyone left to go to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

smash wrote: »
    panda revenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

another one bites the dust,on another note, the "lockdown" on the city and "zero tolerance" on organised crime is going a treat, how many out of date tax disks did they catch? thank god the gardai are armed to the teeth. tax dodging scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭Augme

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Seeing as how it happened at 15.30 I assume he was on a half day from work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

mitresize5 wrote: »
    Seeing as how it happened at 15.30 I assume he was on a half day from work

Was in the papers while back he works in a barbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

another one bites the dust,on another note, the "lockdown" on the city and "zero tolerance" on organised crime is going a treat, how many out of date tax disks did they catch? thank god the gardai are armed to the teeth. tax dodging scum.

Do you really expect the Garda to be holding these big tough lad's hands?

Do you really expect the Garda to be holding these big tough lad's hands?

No but I expect them to be effective enough to disrupt normal gangland business, wasn't that the idea?

No but I expect them to be effective enough to disrupt normal gangland business, wasn't that the idea?

I'm sure if it was so easy they'd have done it already.

I'm sure if it was so easy they'd have done it already.

All these guys are "known to gardai", it's no surprise to the gardai who's involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

still wondering why two individuals who had their faces clearly photographed fleeing from the Regency Hotel shooting with weapons in their hands have not been arrested yet. Not being critical of anyone involved but just seems very odd...

Strumms wrote: »
    still wondering why two individuals who had their faces clearly photographed fleeing from the Regency Hotel shooting with weapons in their hands have not been arrested yet. Not being critical of anyone involved but just seems very odd...

Intelligence are working on it ;)

Enhance

Enhance

Enhance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Confirmed that he died from his wounds.

Yikes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Gintonious wrote: »
    Confirmed that he died from his wounds.

Yikes.

OH ****.

All these guys are "known to gardai", it's no surprise to the gardai who's involved

But they do have to have proof surely. Knowing who did something is fine but proof is required. Plenty of murders committed in my part of the country, Dundalk, but the Garda can't prove it.

But they do have to have proof surely. Knowing who did something is fine but proof is required. Plenty of murders committed in my part of the country, Dundalk, but the Garda can't prove it.

I think this shows that the strength of force shown by the gardai of late does not intimidate the gangsters.

Proof is one thing, you are correct and I would question judges who repeatedly let these lads out.

But this campaign was supposed to disrupt the gangland activities, like it did in Limerick, we were told. It'd doesn't appear as if the ganglands think twice about travelling through the city with weapons to carry out hits. The campaign is ineffective, a waste of time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Unfortunately the Gardai started investigating from their shoes up and its going to take a while to work up to their faces.

They are slaves to meticulism (?) them guys and gals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Vinny Ryan was an ongoing target for "Mr. Big" who was responsible for killing his brother Alan. He is not involved in the Hutch/Kinehan feud so probably saw this as an opportunity while Gardai resources were deployed elsewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

bajer101 wrote: »
    Vinny Ryan was an ongoing target for "Mr. Big" who was responsible for killing his brother Alan. He is not involved in the Hutch/Kinehan feud so probably saw this as an opportunity while Gardai resources were deployed elsewhere.

It's not too hard to find out who Mr Big from Coolock actually is, but of course thats assuming he was involved here and in the Alan Ryan murder like the papers said.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/overtime-out-the-door-amid-fears-of-gangland-hit-34302995.html

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/cops-foil-mr-big-bid-to-kill-ryan-brother

http://www.herald.ie/news/mr-big-is-isolated-and-broke-as-pressure-from-rivals-and-gardai-mounts-31591986.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i think that's it exactly....parts of dublin (liberties, crumlin and north inner) are on constant alert, safe to say from croke park to the border are lacking armed response!

Also if people thought David Byrnes funeral was big, this one will be even bigger. When Alan Ryan was murdered the Real IRA funeral operation made international news.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭dashdoll

To be fair, this fella and his crew had to have known that he was living on borrowed time. Didn't someone come up to him on Dorset Street or somewhere a few months back and attempt to slit his throat?

Anyway.....another week or more with the papers filled with thugs to look forward to. ��

He's not actually from Coolock, but is from a leafier area on the Malahide Road. The "Mr. Big" moniker is just another typical tabloid name and he is not known as that. Any time I have heard him referenced it is by his surname, with an "er" suffixed. He has very few convictions but I think that he recently got done for money laundering. He was remanded in the North and had to be put into solitary for his own safety. There is little doubt that he was responsible for Alan Ryan's murder.
    i think that's it exactly....parts of dublin (liberties, crumlin and north inner) are on constant alert, safe to say from croke park to the border are lacking armed response!

Yep. Parts of the northside have been patrol free for the last few weeks and these guys took the opportunity.

While this had nothing to do with the main feud, any of the gangs could get dragged into it. Hutch has been talking to George Mitchell in Holland and it is unclear whether he is trying to broker a truce or is mustering up allies.

If Paul Williams really had his finger on the pulse of gangland, he would be reporting all this - but he doesn't. I used to know a few of the lads involved in all this and none of them reckoned he had a fúckin clue. They reckoned all his info came from a few sources in the Gardai, and that was it.

Also if people thought David Byrnes funeral was big, this one will be even bigger. When Alan Ryan was murdered the Real IRA funeral operation made international news.

well hopefully the authorities take a more in your face approach to illegal hordes of scumbags firing off shots in public whist in balaclavas in broad daylight....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It will be sick seeing a tricolour on the coffin.

He no more a republican then Ian Paisley.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Why isn't he?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Why isn't he?

Are we any closer to an united Ireland after his contribution to this earth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Are we any closer to an united Ireland after his contribution to this earth?

That's a bit stupid in fairness.

He's not actually from Coolock, but is from a leafier area on the Malahide Road. The "Mr. Big" moniker is just another typical tabloid name and he is not known as that. Any time I have heard him referenced it is by his surname, with an "er" suffixed. He has very few convictions but I think that he recently got done for money laundering. He was remanded in the North and had to be put into solitary for his own safety. There is little doubt that he was responsible for Alan Ryan's murder.

Yep. Parts of the northside have been patrol free for the last few weeks and these guys took the opportunity. While this had nothing to do with the main feud, any of the gangs could get dragged into it. Hutch has been talking to George Mitchell in Holland and it is unclear whether he is trying to broker a truce or is mustering up allies.

If Paul Williams really had his finger on the pulse of gangland, he would be reporting all this - but he doesn't. I used to know a few of the lads involved in all this and none of them reckoned he had a fúckin clue. They reckoned all his info came from a few sources in the Gardai, and that was it.

Yeah interesting post. Yeah his name is well known but papers refuse to name him because of supposed upcoming Charges. I'm very surprised he hasn't been killed since the Alan Ryan murder, Eamonn Kelly was murdered probably because he was and easy target and had supposed involvement.

"Mr Big" has had armed gardai monitoring him for years, although the RIRA seem to be in disarray I seriously cannot see Mr Big getting away with this. As for Paul Williams, hes a shill for the Gardai and stirs up **** regularly.

Another young man with a young child being assasinated is not something to celebrate IMO.

That's a bit stupid in fairness.

Ryan was "Real IRA" was he not. According to wiki that's their aim. How good was he at it? not very by the looks of things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Irish_Republican_Army

The Real Irish Republican Army or Real IRA, also referred to as the New IRA, is an Irish republican paramilitary organisation which aims to bring about a united Ireland.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Why isn't he?

Cause he is a thug, you really that arrogant?

The question I ask you is what has he done to get United Ireland?

Yeah interesting post. Yeah his name is well known but papers refuse to name him because of supposed upcoming Charges. I'm very surprised he hasn't been killed since the Alan Ryan murder, Eamonn Kelly was murdered probably because he was and easy target and had supposed involvement.

"Mr Big" has had armed gardai monitoring him for years, although the RIRA seem to be in disarray I seriously cannot see Mr Big getting away with this. As for Paul Williams, hes a shill for the Gardai and stirs up **** regularly.

Yeah. Eamonn Kelly was a soft target. He was retired and had no active involvement. And even still, it was a botched hit and Sean Connolly was convicted easily - which is practically unheard of in these so-called professional hits. It's been a good few years since I talked to any of the lads involved in this sort of stuff, but even back then they didn't take the dissidents seriously. I had them described to me as "a bunch of amateurs bumping into each other in the dark".

The Ryans were throwing their weight around for years extorting money. They cut off two of Jay O'Connor's fingers in Fairview a few years back and that seemed to make up a few people's minds that they were becoming a nuisance. If you are going to get involved in that business and carry on like that, you will have a lot of difficulty getting a reasonably priced life assurance policy.

Ryan was "Real IRA" was he not. According to wiki that's their aim. How good was he at it? not very by the looks of things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Irish_Republican_Army

The Real Irish Republican Army or Real IRA, also referred to as the New IRA, is an Irish republican paramilitary organisation which aims to bring about a united Ireland.

I know nothing about them but insulting one man for not being able to help bring about a United Ireland is a bit much. 'That cancer researcher who was murdered last week didn't cure cancer.....the bastard'.

I know nothing about them but insulting one man for not being able to help bring about a United Ireland is a bit much. 'That cancer researcher who was murdered last week didn't cure cancer.....the bastard'.

If there is an award for the most idiotic post of the week im guessing you should make a space on your mantle.. if you have room..

So what makes him a good republican?

Did he turn up at every training session running around in the mountains with a hurley pretending it's a gun?

or just collect the drug and extortion money?

• Advertisement

If there is an award for the most idiotic post of the week im guessing you should make a space on your mantle.. if you have room..

There's plenty of room on the mantle, I tend to box up my awards on a monthly basis. You'll be surprised to learn that January's box had no awards in it though.

Cancer researchers get offed more in Austria than Republicans do in Dublin, take that fact and stick it on the welcome mat.
    So what makes him a good republican?

Did he turn up at every training session running around in the mountains with a hurley pretending it's a gun?

or just collect the drug and extortion money?

I don't know if he was a good Republican or not, do you?

Cancer researchers get offed more in Austria than Republicans do in Dublin, take that fact and stick it on the welcome mat

One would presume quite logicially that cancer researchers are in the main at least providing some kind of service that might be of value to cures.. treatment etc... and harming nobody with the intention of doing a bit to help sombody.. this individual and his ilk.. known gangsters acting under the banner of a legimitate worthy political cause.. yeah some comparission to make alright... but thank you for your contribution and congratulations again ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

That would be defiling our national flag.
    The tricolour belongs to all of us, even though it's been hijacked by republican scumbags.
    We should be proud to fly our flag instead of being afraid of being associated with scumbags if we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Another young man with a young child being assasinated is not something to celebrate IMO.

It's not at all but not exactly the same as Joe soap on the street with no involvement in crime or subversives being shot dead.

You live by the sword and you die by it....end of.

Bunny must be Ryan cousin or something, seriously wtf

One would presume quite logicially that cancer researchers are in the main at least providing some kind of service that might be of value to cures.. treatment etc... and harming nobody with the intention of doing a bit to help sombody.. this individual and his ilk.. known gangsters acting under the banner of a legimitate worthy political cause.. yeah some comparission to make alright... but thank you for your contribution and congratulations again ;)

You're one naive dude. Cancer researchers tend to go in deep and when they're in, there's no coming out. Sometimes they will try to escape the game but their past always catches up on them. There's some interesting reading available if you do a Google search on your computer or tablet.

Now, to deal with the lesser issues here. I have no idea what these Republican gangsters are getting up to on a daily basis but I'd wager that some of them just might be in it for 'the cause' and to bring about a united Ireland. I would also think that there is a lot of scumbags involved that are in it just to 'play gangster' and have no political beliefs whatsoever.

I don't know if the Ryan's were genuine or not but I imagine a lot of people on here don't know either so I find it a bit strange that there's posters talking like they knew them. Insulting them with comments like "what did they do for a united Ireland" is a bit daft because even if they were actually genuine, I would think that a United Ireland could not be achieved by one person and one person only. That's as daft as the Cancer Research comparison that some idiot made earlier :D

My approach would be to say nothing because I don't have a clue what's going on in Dublin's underworld. Paul Williams might know but he's not to be trusted according to this thread.

• Advertisement

I was on 32 posts as well before I saw this...

Strange choice of username if so. Bunny Colvin was the police chief in The Wire who recognised the idiocy of the war on drugs and set up "Hamsterdam" where drugs could be traded without any police intervention as long as they remained non-violent. While on the surface, the dissidents are anti-drugs, they don't mind allowing the trade to flourish as long as they get their cut. And violence is very definitely are the forefront of this arrangement. It is the antithesis of what The Wire's Bunny Colvin was trying to achieve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

they name him in a roundabout way, tis all over the google as well

I used to know him years ago, quiet fella back then, wouldn't have thought he'd end up the way he is

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/mr-bigs-right-hand-man-moves-to-spain-to-expand-bosss-empire
    http://www.herald.ie/news/courts/two-men-sent-for-trial-on-660k-raid-charges-29968200.html

Williams is clueless of course, it's easy to print fantasy when there's never going to be any proof required

My approach would be to say nothing because I don't have a clue what's going on.

Well you said it... never to late to start talking sense to yourself :D

Im impressed !

BMJD wrote: »
    they name him in a roundabout way, tis all over the google as well

I used to know him years ago, quiet fella back then, wouldn't have thought he'd end up the way he is

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/mr-bigs-right-hand-man-moves-to-spain-to-expand-bosss-empire
    http://www.herald.ie/news/courts/two-men-sent-for-trial-on-660k-raid-charges-29968200.html

Williams is clueless of course, it's easy to print fantasy when there's never going to be any proof required

lol at this loser in the side bar of the sunday world link :pac::pac:
    http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/martin-the-viper-foley-demands-to-be-called-kevlar
    Martin ‘The Viper’ Foley demands to be called ‘Kevlar’
    “Foley was recently approached by detectives over a matter unrelated to crime, and when gardai addressed him by his first name he asked to be called ‘Kevlar’, a source said.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement