Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭buswankers

Coat22 wrote: »
    Somehow I doubt if many of the neighbours objected......

Exactly what I was thinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

It's a big slide, if you go round the side you can see it popping over the fence.

Nice lot of security cameras out the front, what does he need them for? - to stop unauthorized use of the slide?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

It's a big slide, if you go round the side you can see it popping over the fence.

Nice lot of security cameras out the front, what does he need them for? - to stop unauthorized use of the slide?

LOL - great spot.

Some extensions to the side and back. CAB could turn that place into the childrens hospital with the wing on the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Seen armed Gardaí and CAB raiding a house earlier, They really take no messing when it comes down to the serious stuff in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

They won't have that house for long. CAB have been building a case against them for a while and recent events served to expedite the case. CAB may be a bit slow to get cases finalised, but they are like a juggernaut once they get going. They don't need to hurry as they keep track of all the assets and will get them eventually.

The betting slip that was found would have been used as an attempt to launder money. Lots of bets get placed, with the losing bets written off and the winning bets used in an attempt to show how a legitimate €5k was "luckily" transformed into "clean" €500k through a serious of winning bets, with no record of the losing bets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

What I want to know is did he put the money on Liverpool or United, the match is tonight :pac:

Liverpool , by the way I wonder what the state do with the docket? I'm thinking they would contact paddy power and void the bet and give the 38k to CAB.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Liverpool , by the way I wonder what the state do with the docket? I'm thinking they would contact paddy power and void the bet and give the 38k to CAB.

Let the CAB lads go for a few pints and let the bet ride. Be grand.

I'm sure there's due process to go through - doubt they could void the bet unless they're granted possession in the next few hours.

PP or whoever (more likely some associate bookie than a chain I'd say) might want to watch who's coming through the front door tomorrow morning if Liverpool win......

Rte news said it was a paddy power betting slip last night.
    It was also RTE who said the bet was on a Liverpool win.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Just aside there's very little chance it's a betting slip for a high street bookies. You try going into your local PP and asking to place a 38K bet on Liverpool tonight. Unless the customer was very well known, which could be the case I guess.

EDIT: Although now I think about it, it would have to be an official bookmakers in order to launder the cash wouldn't it?

• Advertisement

What about the former Sinn Fein counciler' house being raided today? Jonathan Dowdall.
    Any link?

wardides wrote: »
    Just aside there's very little chance it's a betting slip for a high street bookies. You try going into your local PP and asking to place a 38K bet on Liverpool tonight. Unless the customer was very well known, which could be the case I guess.

RTE say it was a Paddy Power betting slip.

What about the former Sinn Fein counciler' house being raided today? Jonathan Dowdall.
    Any link?

Of course not - there's no link between SF and crime - Gerry and Mary Lou said so ;)

LOL - great spot.

Some extensions to the side and back. CAB could turn that place into the childrens hospital with the wing on the side.

The wall with the foot long spiky railings on top must be the best at preventing burglary. Often there is threads here on boards asking if you can put broken bottles etc to stop people climbing over. This is illegal to do, but those railings are the business. Learn from the best ;)

The wall with the foot long spiky railings on top must be the best at preventing burglary. Often there is threads here on boards asking if you can put broken bottles etc to stop people climbing over. This is illegal to do, but those railings are the business. Learn from the best ;)

I was expecting a moat behind the hedge in the front but just manicured lawns instead - wonder if they've got land mines under them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Yes, because investigations like that take time. I wonder do the accountant and solicitor know the activities that their client are involved in? Any charges pending for these white collar scumbags? They are as much a part of the criminal class as those who handsomely reward them for their efforts..

I noted that the Indo article this morning named the car dealer that was raided, but didn't name the accountant or solicitor. Double standards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hard to know, they could say they won the €38k on the horses and used that for the bet ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

septictank wrote: »
    It's a pub in the north inner city.

Hmmmm... whereabouts in the North inner city? There are several supremely dodgy pubs around Amiens St, Summerhill and Ballybough, but that seems too deep in Hutch territory for a Kinahan-controlled pub. There are one or two rough spots in or around the Smithfield and Stoneybatter (up around the NCR) areas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Is the Blue Lion in Summerhill still around? That used to be a well known haunt of north side gangsters back in the nineties. There was an attempt on Gerry Hutch's life there way back in 1998.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Ogogo

Just as a point of interest, I am assuming that there is oversight / due process etc built into CAB and the powers it has or can someone explain how that works?

Dont get me wrong, I think the principle of confiscating the ill gotten gains of criminals is good for society but just curious that there is general protection built-in that those powers dont get abused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

They wait until after the match.
    If it wins they put the 38 K into CAB's coffers.
    If it loses then the bookie wins.

If liverpool won, payout would be in the region of 110,000 I think, nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'd say someone's snapping!

The CAB lads and Garda be on the rip tonight with that one up in coppers.

But it is not the states money to gamble.
    They would have had to void the bet with paddy power and put the 38k stake into CAB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

For those intrested , there is Twitter account saying lots of information that is actually making more sence of this ....saorsean on Twitter, lad with mask profile picture, seems to know in advance what's going on ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Just on the news that more than 10 gaffs in the south inner city being raided at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Interested to hear more about Jonathan Dowdalls alleged involvement. He was heavily involved in politics with SF. Same story with him house, a rake of security cameras on the front and a flashy car.

Also apparently an aquarium out the back so big that the Garda dive team had to be called in to take a look in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

But it is not the states money to gamble.
    They would have had to void the bet with paddy power and put the 38k stake into CAB.

Did the state win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Tigger wrote: »
    Did the state win

The State always wins. Even if they dont

Hummm, was going to post something else but I think that link for the Twitter should be removed, there's some very suspect photos on there.

• Advertisement

FalconGirl wrote: »
    Interested to hear more about Jonathan Dowdalls alleged involvement. He was heavily involved in politics with SF. Same story with him house, a rake of security cameras on the front and a flashy car.

Also apparently an aquarium out the back so big that the Garda dive team had to be called in to take a look in it!

That sounds very fishy...

I can help but wonder if also the gangs are only getting raided and the Garda are coming down very hard on them because they fúcked up Endas election campaign !

TallGlass wrote: »
    I can help but wonder if also the gangs are only getting raided and the Garda are coming down very hard on them because they fúcked up Endas election campaign !

Don't think so, would think it's more to do with the embarrassment of the Garda after the hotel attack,That attack got worldwide headlines and questions were asked as why there was no Garcia around the hotel or immediate vicinity.

I mean they drove away in a transit van and then collected by taxies, Also the lavish funeral given to David Byrne had people asking who is actually running the streets.

It be also my opinion that the two gangs and dissentents are going to be crushed by the state, as this was up there with/like the Veronica guerin attack.

Having said that it won't interfere with other gangs making there millions while there compitition is being put out of business.

Some lad from CAB heading down to Paddy Power this morning to collect their €100k - the poor scum bag who placed it must be raging:):):)

The Dowdall lad another "salt of the earth" type according to ex Shinner Christy Burke.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/garda-raid-home-of-mary-lous-former-political-ally-34530797.html

Gardaí f*cked up on that raid though - should have been this day 2 weeks ago :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Gerlad

Belgard Motors currently being raided

Gerlad wrote: »

Cool:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Gerlad wrote: »

how do you know that?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

TallGlass wrote: »
    Hummm, was going to post something else but I think that link for the Twitter should be removed, there's some very suspect photos on there.

I'm not great at navigating Twitter but have gone through his page best to my ability but I didnt see any unusual or suspect photos.

He does seam ahead of the media curve in previous posts. He's recently said that Freddie Thompson has been arrested- will be interesting to see how much his contacts are on the money.

I think a lot of main stream media reporting has been very restrained since the Hutch murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlimpyBoy

jobless wrote: »
    how do you know that?

Not OP but a friend of mine works out that way and said the same thing to me earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

The Dowdall lad another "salt of the earth" type according to ex Shinner Christy Burke.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/garda-raid-home-of-mary-lous-former-political-ally-34530797.html
    Where did Christy Burke state this, link please?

The quote I got from your link makes no such personal reference to Jonathon Dowdall, but does mention his family...

"He comes from a family of street traders in the city centre; they are honest, hard-working people. He always seemed to be a quiet and shy guy..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Where did Christy Burke state this, link please?

The quote I got from your link makes no such personal reference to Jonathon Dowdall, but does mention his family...

"He comes from a family of street traders in the city centre; they are honest, hard-working people. He always seemed to be a quiet and shy guy..."

As far as I know he has been involved in construction for over 10 years and now has an electrical wholesale business.

humberklog wrote: »
    I'm not great at navigating Twitter but have gone through his page best to my ability but I didnt see any unusual or suspect photos.

He does seam ahead of the media curve in previous posts. He's recently said that Freddie Thompson has been arrested- will be interesting to see how much his contacts are on the money.

I think a lot of main stream media reporting has been very restrained since the Hutch murder.

There are two photos on his page that other media outlets are blocking due to any criminal proceedings that take place. I know the person wants to be seen as a leak/mole/insider, but they should really take them down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

As far as I know he has been involved in construction for over 10 years and now.

Thats why his hands are so smooth. Hes a union delegate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Gardaí f*cked up on that raid though - should have been this day 2 weeks ago :-)

he is on Liveline now

he is on Liveline now

Christy or Dowdall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

Christy or Dowdall?

Dowdall, gone now.

Dowdall, gone now.

He didn't do nuffin" ;)