Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

ooh pm me if anyone has it

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

No i wasnt sending a random bloke on twitter my email lads no chance hahah

Larsso30 wrote: »
    No i wasnt sending a random bloke on twitter my email lads no chance hahah

Especially when you have to say, "hey follow me so they can direct mail"

Hello!! I'm over HERE!!!! :pac:

Especially when you have to say, "hey follow me so they can direct mail"

Hello!! I'm over HERE!!!! :pac:

yup :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

your man on twitter @saorsean has sent out his email :lol:

anyone get it?

A friend of mine received it and sent it on to me.
    Its only part 1 of 3 and nothing that wasn't in the Sunday World over the years. Maybe it will get more juicy in parts 2 and 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

It's all on his twitter page now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Dancor wrote: »
    A friend of mine received it and sent it on to me.
    Its only part 1 of 3 and nothing that wasn't in the Sunday World over the years. Maybe it will get more juicy in parts 2 and 3.

I got my hands on a copy of it myself. It's an interesting enough read, despite being in bad need of editing / proofing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

LOL that "article" on twitter is priceless! It reads like it was written by some 16 year old Dutch lad with a penchant for exclamation marks!!

Great read to amuse one during the last hour of the day but not sure any of it ads up.

!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

arayess wrote: »
    The affair story is a red herring ..
    Cunningham escaped from jail in 1996 September

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/officers-defend-running-of-open-prison-system-1.88559

and guerin was shot - june 1996

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veronica_Guerin

the blog was a good read nonetheless

I have my doubts about that Dutch story now. I initially jumped on the Cunningham/Guerin thing as being potentially huge, but as you have pointed out it was impossible due to the dates. A very strange piece of misinformation and a horrible slur on a very fine journalist. I apologise for giving it any credence. There are also a couple of other obvious mistakes in that piece. He says that Gary was Gerry's cousin, when he was his nephew. And he says that Christy K. Snr lives in a mansion in Spain, when it is being reported elsewhere that he has now retired to Dubai.

That article and the twitter feed do contain some correct information which hasn't been reported in the mainstream media, so there is something going on there. Who knows who is feeding what to whom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

spotlight bbc 1 tomorrow night

Special report on the Kinehan gang and how big their operation has become

Bump, this starts in about 20 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Bump, this starts in about 20 minutes.

BBC1 NI ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They have a statement from the Kinehans

And they also own their own container ship for importation

They have a statement from the Kinehans

And they also own their own container ship for importation

I'd say this statement goes along the lines of saying they are honest hard working people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

bajer101 wrote: »
    I have my doubts about that Dutch story now. I initially jumped on the Cunningham/Guerin thing as being potentially huge, but as you have pointed out it was impossible due to the dates. A very strange piece of misinformation and a horrible slur on a very fine journalist. I apologise for giving it any credence. There are also a couple of other obvious mistakes in that piece. He says that Gary was Gerry's cousin, when he was his nephew. And he says that Christy K. Snr lives in a mansion in Spain, when it is being reported elsewhere that he has now retired to Dubai.

That article and the twitter feed do contain some correct information which hasn't been reported in the mainstream media, so there is something going on there. Who knows who is feeding what to whom.

The rumour back in the day was to do with John Traynor, not Cunningham if my memory is right.

Tilly wrote: »
    I'd say this statement goes along the lines of saying they are honest hard working people!

"It's not our container"

Sure you need your own port if you have your own container ship

This is premier league trafficking

A container SHIP, I missed the ship bit

Sounds like a threat to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

This is all old hat, for a NI audience who may not be up to speed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

We need to get Lieutenant Gregory Stevens on the case :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

The Spanish justice system works at a snail's pace compared to other countries. They'll get their men eventually

You must all be gangsters with your bbc NI, the other bbc has people complaining about the new houses the council built for them in scotland - depressing

it'd be appreciated if anything else like the ship etc could be posted, it's fascinating the empire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Just got my gangsters email this morning, Don't know what to think of it at the minute, but it's better than reading the herald over my croissant and coffe,with orange juice on the side of course.

Missed that programe last night as my real life got in the way, was it good ?

Just got my gangsters email this morning, Don't know what to think of it at the minute, but it's better than reading the herald over my croissant and coffe,with orange juice on the side of course.

is there more to it than what he posted on twitter?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

How do you get on his email list ? Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Was alright. There was nothing really new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

blinding wrote: »

Email him

MOD - No email addresses on the thread please

Just emailed his address that's on his tweeter account, I still alive :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

I used one of those temp email addresses to get it, he replied straight away. Its exactly as is posted on twitter, just in pdf format

is there more to it than what he posted on twitter?

Its just more compacted together and makes interesting reading if this is the kind of stuff you interested in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

A load of crap. Full of guesswork, innuendo and make-believe. Rubbish and sensationalist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

A load of crap. Full of guesswork, innuendo and make-believe. Rubbish and sensationalist.

Yeah I expected more from the BBC. Interesting thought I knew before the Spanish never moved on them, I wonder do they not give a **** and wont move on them. I wouldn't trust the Spanish police force as far as I can throw them TBH.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Yeah I expected more from the BBC. Interesting thought I knew before the Spanish never moved on them, I wonder do they not give a **** and wont move on them. I wouldn't trust the Spanish police force as far as I can throw them TBH.
    I wouldn't trust the Gardai either . Gangsters don't get this big without having Police on their Payroll !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I wouldn't trust the Gardai either . Gangsters don't get this big without having Police on their Payroll !

I'm inclined to agree. Add in custom agents, lorry drivers, ship captains, etc.
    There is a reason most of their product gets through. Lets see Paul Williams do an expose on this? As regards the Kinahan Gang being dismantled, the Spanish reckon their judical process is slow, but that they will eventually all be behind bars. A cynic might be forgiven for being dubious about this.

for a little place, Ardee pops up a lot in news

TallGlass wrote: »
    I'm inclined to agree. Add in custom agents, lorry drivers, ship captains, etc.
    There is a reason most of their product gets through. Lets see Paul Williams do an expose on this? As regards the Kinahan Gang being dismantled, the Spanish reckon their judical process is slow, but that they will eventually all be behind bars. A cynic might be forgiven for being dubious about this.

In the grand scale of criminal networks,without a doubt the kinahan's are up there,but the Irish media would have you believe that there the only ones working over in spain.

whereas in fact there be many,The big london manchester and scottish gangs,The russians,Israelis,french and dutch also the various moroccan algerian spanish gangs,and of course the scousers,as there everywhere.

A courtesy look at any of the spanish english newspapers and you will see huge drug and arms seizures nearly every week and also the shootings that come with them.

Also the Spanish have there own south armagh area way up there in the north east of the country,( centuries old smuggling traditions)plus they have the basque problem not forgetting the threat from isis just 25km across the sea from africa,They kinda have there hands full without prioritising the few paddys there.

3 gun shots heard near east wall around 11.30.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

3 gun shots heard near east wall around 11.30.....

Heard them clear as day from Buckingham Street at 23.17. Sirens and helicopter soon after.

Any links?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

Tilly wrote: »
    Any links?

Nothing yet. Plenty of rumours on twitter that's all, but I definitely heard what sounded like 3 shots in rapid succession, sirens maybe 10 minutes later around Summerhill.

• Advertisement

Well we all know who's area that is. This needs to end.

Calls about Shots fired in different areas of Dublin at least once a week.
    Ongoing thing, has been for years.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Calls about Shots fired in different areas of Dublin at least once a week.
    Ongoing thing, has been for years.

one caller said he heard the shots though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

That SaorSean fellow on Twitter has apparently got another one of his articles ready to go. Does anyone have a copy of this one that they could send me?

Nevermind, I got myself a copy

That SaorSean fellow on Twitter has apparently got another one of his articles ready to go. Does anyone have a copy of this one that they could send me?
    I am blocked from following @saorsean . I don't know why. Maybe its because I am not on twitter myself and just want to read his twitter .

When the page comes up it just says 'You are blocked"

Was it something I said or did (I done nuffin).

Maybe the system just won't let me in because I am not on twitter but it had done previously.

I hope I am not a criminal or a terrorist and don't know:eek: That would be a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I am blocked from following @saorsean . I don't know why. Maybe its because I am not on twitter myself and just want to read his twitter .

When the page comes up it just says 'You are blocked"

Was it something I said or did (I done nuffin).

Maybe the system just won't let me in because I am not on twitter but it had done previously.

I hope I am not a criminal or a terrorist and don't know:eek: That would be a surprise.

It's a private account. Only registered Twitter users who follow him can see his posts.

bajer101 wrote: »
    It's a private account. Only registered Twitter users who follow him can see his posts.
    Is there anything there worth my time registering . I am nosy (well about this anyway) but can I be ar**d registering.

Nevermind, I got myself a copy
    If there is anything interesting can you share please.

If there is anything interesting can you share please.

likewise? fire off a Pm please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Why don't you just register and follow him on twitter.

Load of nonsense really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement