Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭bigroad

I cant believe the Garda were not watching these boyo s.
    Where were the Eru ,on a tea break or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭bigroad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

sasta le wrote: »
    Were the Gardai monitoring this event?

Was just thinking that
    A major crime family who are known to of ordered the hits on quite a few major crime figures in Ireland stage an event in Dublin and there's no mention of a heavy Garda presence before the incident
    Or else they got the nod to go on a tea break around 2:30 you'd wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

That video is mental

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

bigroad wrote: »

I don't think there would be too many jumping into a river to separate two fighting crocodiles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I blame the political classes over the CT years that let this underclass fester, the 'let them wipe each other out' argument doesn't hold any water, you could have had half a dozen innocent people killled in that room alone with kids being there as well.

A country like this shouldn't have anymore of an organised crime scene or anti-social behavior issues than Norway or Finland. Gombeen Man laughs all the way to the bank and the rest of us can go to hell and if we get struck by a stray bullet or end up in a trunk in the Grand Canal then it's because we were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And they wonder why people leave for good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

With the gang-land war acoming now after that, I hope no innocent folk get shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

dd972 wrote: »
    I blame the political classes over the CT years that let this underclass fester, the 'let them wipe each other out' argument doesn't hold any water, you could have had half a dozen innocent people killled in that room alone with kids being there as well.

A country like this shouldn't have anymore of an organised crime scene or anti-social behavior issues than Norway or Finland. Gombeen Man laughs all the way to the bank and the rest of us can go to hell and if we get struck by a stray bullet or end up in a trunk in the Grand Canal then it's because we were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And they wonder why people leave for good...

Most of these guys live abroad. At least the guys at the top do.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Mick McCaffrey ‏@mccaffreymick 3h
    Man shot dead is a 35 year-old from Crumlin. Regarded as being in charge of logistics for Kinihan cartel's drugs shipments

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Surely your not advocating the police harassment of major criminals by the police are you ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Benteke wrote: »

With my tinfoil hat firmly in place maybe the shooters weren't disiguised as Eru officers nod nod / wink wink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

price690 wrote: »
    They should give Matthew Macklin a shout and ask what he thinks of it all. A boxer with a good education behind him aswell you'd imagine he wouldn't have wanted to be associated with that shower.

Has he ever spoken about the time his trainer Jamie Moore got shot in a case of mistaken identity? I'd imagine he is told to keep his mouth shut.

The Boxing body in Ireland now should show a strong hand and ban this MGM crowd from running any shows in this country and the entire boxing world should follow suit and refuse to sanction shows they run anywhere.

The fighters need to show some brain cells aswell and not go near that outfit. Some of them are probably so far in over their heads though

You would think that the Criminal Assets Bureau would shut them down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,999 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I don't think there would be too many jumping into a river to separate two fighting crocodiles.

You might have a different opinion yourself if you happened to be an innocent bystander or employee or whatever in the hotel when all this was kicking off. All very well and good to say let them take each other out but when these turf wars or whatever break into very public gatherings like this with kids and everyone around.. question does have to asked.. what did the Guards know, where where they I am sure a presence of some sort would have put of this hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Will the fight go ahead tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

mikeym wrote: »

I'm sure a fight will...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

mikeym wrote: »

Nope it's cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

With my tinfoil hat firmly in place maybe the shooters weren't disiguised as Eru officers nod nod / wink wink

The general under 24/7 hr Garda watch until he left his home and was shot to death.
    Alan Ryan under 24/7 Garda watch until he left his home and was shot to death.
    David Byrne Senior kinahan gang member under 24/7 constant watch until shot to death.

Or maybe they just don't care...

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

Benteke wrote: »

cool where do i send my CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

The Costa boys made a huge mistake in taking out Gary. They then compounded it by targeting Del boy in prison. The final straw was trying to put the hammer on the Monk's brother for money. He was nearly left with no option but to come out of retirement swinging. Very, very silly move by the Costa's. It smacks of young guns losing the run of themselves. Targeting the family of the man who masterminded the Brinks robbery who has shown that he is very bright and can plan operations to a tee, was idiotic.

One thing is for sure, today was a game changer. I'm waiting to hear it confirmed who it was that got shot in the leg. The lads who carried out this today were a cut above. They could have just as easily gone for three head shots. If it was Dan Jr. who got it in the leg, then today was just a warning of what is possible and Dan Sr. may broker peace. Interesting times.

• Advertisement

The Costa boys made a huge mistake in taking out Gary. They then compounded it by targeting Del boy in prison. The final straw was trying to put the hammer on the Monk's brother for money. He was nearly left with no option but to come out of retirement swinging. Very, very silly move by the Costa's. It smacks of young guns losing the run of themselves. Targeting the family of the man who masterminded the Brinks robbery who has shown that he is very bright and can plan operations to a tee, was idiotic.

One thing is for sure, today was a game changer. I'm waiting to hear it confirmed who it was that got shot in the leg. The lads who carried out this today were a cut above. They could have just as easily gone for three head shots. If it was Dan Jr. who got it in the leg, then today was just a warning of what is possible and Dan Sr. may broker peace. Interesting times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

^^^^^ chilling and gritty analysis there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

bajer101 wrote: »

They're saying Roe is dead and the Byrne brothers in hospital. That's just word on the street. No Kinahans shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

And if the police were following these guys 24/7, people would be whining about police harassment. You can't have your cake and eat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I thought Sinn Fein, in its vigilante capacity, was protecting communities against this sort of violent outburst?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

realies wrote: »
    The general under 24/7 hr Garda watch until he left his home and was shot to death.
    Liam Byrne Senior kinahan gang member under 24/7 constant watch until shot to death.

Aren't dead criminals a good thing?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Tilly wrote: »
    They're saying Roe is dead and the Byrne brothers in hospital. That's just word on the street. No Kinahans shot.

Indo is reporting David Byrne is the man who died

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Aidric wrote: »
    I thought Sinn Fein, in its vigilante capacity, was protecting communities against this sort of violent outburst?

Nah, I would guess that most of the guys might be "good republicans".

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

I suppose twelve pages before somebody trotted out the same 'blame the shinners for everything'' s*ite is not a bad run :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

realies wrote: »
    Liam Byrne Senior kinahan gang member under 24/7 constant watch until shot to death.

Lived in Rathmines in an apartment opposite the general's house in the 1980's - beautiful house by the way.

He certainly was monitored by the guards 24/7. They even had guards on his roof one night.

He was shot on my route home from work one day. I was a little freaked out at the time - meaning I was glad wasn't caught up in the incident and had to be a witness.

Today's events are just plain mad.

Stheno wrote: »
    Indo is reporting David Byrne is the man who died

Yeah I just read that too. Seems to be the three of them tho and not a Kinahan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

'The headlining boxer, Jamie Kavanagh, is managed by a member of one of Ireland's most powerful crime families, the Kinahans. They are based in Marbella in Spain, but frequently attend boxing events here in Ireland.

Kavanagh's father and uncle were both shot dead in the recent past for allegedly double-crossing them. I always got the feeling that sooner or later something like this would happen at a boxing related event. Most likely a rival gang avenging a previous hit on one of their own.'
    From a comment on /r/boxing (great subreddit btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

It's amazing the Soap Opera culture of crime in this country. I wonder are other similar sized countries on a first name basis with all the major gangland figures. I've lived almost half my life between Dublin and London and can only think of the name of 1 active organised crime gang in London, who are coincidentally of Irish origin. We nearly know the names of the low level soldiers family pets in Dublin. It's weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

'The headlining boxer, Jamie Kavanagh, is managed by a member of one of Ireland's most powerful crime families, the Kinahans. They are based in Marbella in Spain, but frequently attend boxing events here in Ireland.

Kavanagh's father and uncle were both shot dead in the recent past for allegedly double-crossing them. I always got the feeling that sooner or later something like this would happen at a boxing related event. Most likely a rival gang avenging a previous hit on one of their own.'
    From a comment on /r/boxing (great subreddit btw)

He is managed by someone who's after killing both his father and uncle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,243 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

sinn fein have nothing to do with such activity. the activities are caried out by vermin using the ira name to get some legitimacy

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Advertisement

Tilly wrote: »

Liam Rowe? David Byrne I heard. Rowe would have been with him and Liam Byrne. This is The Monk we are talking about, so whoever got killed was the one who it was decided would be killed. Different person, different message. I reckon David Byrne (not Liam Byrne), and a non-fatal to Dan Jr.

Despite all the histrionics in the tabloids of mayhem and kids screaming, this was without a shadow of a doubt the best planned hit that has happened here in a long, long time. Headshot to the lesser Byrne (or maybe Rowe), and a leg wound to Dan Jr. is my bet. Calculated, but not all out war. In its own way, it's an olive branch.

I've met him and have heard enough tales. He really is a clever fúcker. If he had been born in the leafy suburbs he would be the CEO of a Fortune 500. He made his money the hard way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

murpho999 wrote: »
    Shocking video.

This should put paid to the barstoolers who promote the idea of gangland figures taking each other out.
    This shows the collateral damage of possible innocent victims an traumatised bystanders.
    That poor kid and many others won't sleep well for a long time.

Lads remember, these are the people who end up with your money when you buy a coke or a baggie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

He is managed by someone who's after killing both his father and uncle?

Who knows?
    https://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/kinahan-cartel-broker-deal-with-associates-after-brothers-murder

These guys are slippery as hell. I wouldn't be surprised if Jamie felt he needed to stay in their ranks to avoid being topped himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Aren't dead criminals a good thing?
    Berserker wrote: »
    Nah, I would guess that most of the guys might be "good republicans".

I thought it was the Garda job to protect us against this sort of incidents, but then you don't give a **** about that ,it's just another bizarre reason for a go against Sinn Fein , whatever your into I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Liam Rowe? David Byrne I heard. Rowe would have been with him and Liam Byrne. This is The Monk we are talking about, so whoever got killed was the one who it was decided would be killed. Different person, different message. I reckon David Byrne (not Liam Byrne), and a non-fatal to Dan Jr.

Despite all the histrionics in the tabloids of mayhem and kids screaming, this was without a shadow of a doubt the best planned hit that has happened here in a long, long time. Headshot to the lesser Byrne (or maybe Rowe), and a leg wound to Dan Jr. is my bet. Calculated, but not all out war. In its own way, it's an olive branch.

I've met him and have heard enough tales. He really is a clever fúcker. If he had been born in the leafy suburbs he would be the CEO of a Fortune 500. He made his money the hard way.

Made his money the hard way FFS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Strumms wrote: »
    You might have a different opinion yourself if you happened to be an innocent bystander or employee or whatever in the hotel when all this was kicking off. All very well and good to say let them take each other out but when these turf wars or whatever break into very public gatherings like this with kids and everyone around.. question does have to asked.. what did the Guards know, where where they I am sure a presence of some sort would have put of this hit.

Many innocent people died as a result of the activities of these criminals and low-lives. I doubt too many care when they're killing each other though.
    The Garda can't obviously be everywhere just like they weren't there when wee Campbell the plumber was shot in some druggies house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

warpdrive wrote: »
    "and fired a number shots"

Aren't independent supposed to be one of the more respected news outlets in Ireland? Jesus, do we not aspire to have a good command of written English in this country anymore?

No Like the UK They are called the RAGDEPENDENT

since Alan Ryan got whacked are the IRA still involved in 'taxing' drug dealers?seems the perfect crime,taking money from crimanals and claiming to be anti drugs to joe soap.although didnt go well for Ryan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

"best planned" sums it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Many innocent people died as a result of the activities of these criminals and low-lives. I doubt too many care when they're killing each other though.
    The Garda can't obviously be everywhere just like they weren't there when wee Campbell the plumber was shot in some druggies house.

The Campbell case was just so sad - wrong place at the wrong time. Terrible for his family.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Your post comes across in a really bad way, it's almost as if you admire those criminals who did this

Aineoil wrote: »
    The Campbell case was just so sad - wrong place at the wrong time. Terrible for his family.
    was that really the case?he was in one of the top druglords house,not the kind of guy who rings up random plumbers id imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Aineoil wrote: »

I am not having a go at you but I hated that term being used for that young lad. He was out trying to learn a trade and make a living. It was the animals who killed him in cold blood who were in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was exactly where he should have been.

Tragic case.

was that really the case?he was in one of the top druglords house,not the kind of guy who rings up random plumbers id imagine

Don't. Just don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Hope I have taken you up wrong but I am not sure I like what you're implying

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement