Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The northside gang aren't having an easy time.

The hotel job is looking like a really bad mistake that was badly executed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Of all places to be driving with AK 47s they chose Ratoath 24hrs after there was a murder there and police are all over it,mind boggling Irelands dumbest criminals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I heard the deceased was a butcher at first.

Then he sold fruit and veg in Smithfield as a cover for the smuggling.

Then he bought the gaff in Ratoath.

I'd say he lived in Ratoath Road Cabra... natch?

These people are no angels ever.

Who will be next. The guns are out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

humberklog wrote: »
    The northside gang aren't having an easy time.

The hotel job is looking like a really bad mistake that was badly executed.

Three men have been arrested after gardai seized two handguns, two AK47s and a hundred rounds of ammunition.
    The three men have strong connections to associates of the late Gary Hutch, who was murdered in Spain last September.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/men-with-connections-to-associates-of-gary-hutch-arrested-in-meath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Three men have been arrested after gardai seized two handguns, two AK47s and a hundred rounds of ammunition.
    The three men have strong connections to associates of the late Gary Hutch, who was murdered in Spain last September.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/men-with-connections-to-associates-of-gary-hutch-arrested-in-meath

As loath as I am to quote Paul Williams, he may be right about this. He said that members of the Regency hit team were turning State's evidence. This points to that. A few of them were caught "bang to rights" - Patrick and Tyrone dissident especially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Any new nicknames coming up, it's boring without the nicknames?

bajer101 wrote: »
    As loath as I am to quote Paul Williams, he may be right about this. He said that members of the Regency hit team were turning State's evidence. This points to that. A few of them were caught "bang to rights" - Patrick and Tyrone dissident especially.

When did he say that bajer101 ? curious like, as you said it could be on the cards alright, immunity and a new life abroad (not spain) if you give up the others involved,The pressure is really on the monks side now to react.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Was Patrick one of the people caught?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Was Patrick one of the people caught?

he was the "woman" allegedly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Just noticed the media speak - if you are an ordinary person, you are murdered - if you are a gangster, you are slain

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Who's Patrick and Tyrone?

When did he say that bajer101 ? curious like, as you said it could be on the cards alright, immunity and a new life abroad (not spain) if you give up the others involved,The pressure is really on the monks side now to react.

He said it during an interview on the Pat Kenny Show on Newstalk this morning. I hate giving him any credence, but he might be right about this. I can't see Patrick turning, but the dissie with the flat cap was caught full on. But then again - he would have just been a bought gun via the Shinner Councillor, so wouldn't be privy to other movements. There is so much information and disinformation and disinformation floating about that you wouldn't know what to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Coat22 wrote: »
    Honestly? No. We have 4 fewer scumbags than we had at the start of last month so I think that's a good thing.

Only pity is the amount of resources being spent on Gardaí as we all pretend we give a sh*t if these people all kill each other at one anothers funerals.

The Hutch gang have 22 people/associates of Gerry Hutch who are assessed by the Guards as being under a death threat, given the fertile ground for further tit for tat murders and escalation of this feud, it is only a matter of time before more innocent people get killed. So the leave them at it attitude is folly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ixus

Why do the Gardai only appear to be able to intercept "Hutch Associates"? This and previous AK47 intercept.

How does a man of "the.monk's" status react to the death of brother and best bud?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Chap shot in the leg in Ballyfermot tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

He said it during an interview on the Pat Kenny Show on Newstalk this morning. I hate giving him any credence, but he might be right about this. I can't see Patrick turning, but the dissie with the flat cap was caught full on. But then again - he would have just been a bought gun via the Shinner Councillor, so wouldn't be privy to other movements. There is so much information and disinformation and disinformation floating about that you wouldn't know what to believe.

don't be surprised if a lot of that disinformation is coming from official sources through a puppet on social media.

I think the guy who said the Kinahans are the actually the biggest cartel in the solar system has uncovered whats really going on

Chap shot in the leg in Ballyfermot tonight

Around 10 pm tonight, don't know who was involved though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

It's disgusting. You get shot in the head 5 times and are left over night outside in a tent. That's fúcking disgusting. Family or not, that's disgraceful.

M

ixus wrote: »
    How does a man of "the.monk's" status react to the death of brother and best bud?

Yes wondered that myself, losing a brother for me would be the nuclear option, whatever that would be would depend on access to weapons but I'd use the lot I'd have any anything I could get access to.

• Advertisement

Tilly wrote: »
    It's disgusting. You get shot in the head 5 times and are left over night outside in a tent. That's fúcking disgusting. Family or not, that's disgraceful.

Ever hear of forensics?
    Do you want gardai to collect all evidence? That has to be done in daylight.

M

Gardaí were looking today for information about a BMW leaving the scene, they were also looking for information about a BMW found burnt out. Could the 2 be linked I wonder??? Sherlock Holmes would probably say yes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

He said it during an interview on the Pat Kenny Show on Newstalk this morning. I hate giving him any credence, but he might be right about this. I can't see Patrick turning, but the dissie with the flat cap was caught full on.

If Williams really said that he's even stupider and less informed than I thought. There's zero chance of someone being given a deal on a murder charge. How does that even make sense when murder is the most serious crime on the statute books? They give up two slam dunk life convictions to maybe have a chance of getting someone on trial for ordering it or drug smuggling? No judge or minister would sign off on that in a million years-the Regency Hotel was all over the news worldwide.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Ever hear of forensics?
    Do you want gardai to collect all evidence? That has to be done in daylight.

Of course I have, in fact the other side of my family were doing that.

It's still disgusting to leave somebody dead in a car all night when his wife, daughter, son and family couldn't be with him. I hope you never lose anyone in this way or in general

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

It's still disgusting to leave somebody dead in a car all night when his wife, daughter, son and family couldn't be with him. I hope you never lose anyone in this way or in general

Yes, following best police practice is disgusting. They probably did it on purpose just to annoy the family, or maybe they were just being lazy. And you hope the other poster never "loses anyone in general"-unless he's from a line of immortal gods I don't see this happening.

sabat wrote: »
    Yes, following best police practice is disgusting. They probably did it on purpose just to annoy the family, or maybe they were just being lazy. And you hope the other poster never "loses anyone in general"-unless he's from a line of immortal gods I don't see this happening.
    hey I've a load of plastic here, wanna wrap it all crooked the way your sentences are doing? I won't be replying to your shíte again.

• Advertisement

So you prefer if the state let you take the body away there & then & didn't bother their arse to collect evidence?
    You don't care if they can find the people responsible??

So you prefer if the state let you take the body away there & then & didn't bother their arse to collect evidence?
    You don't care if they can find the people responsible??

Of course I do it's just very hard on the family for the body to be left there overnight.

Would you not like it to be done quicker if it was your family?

Of course I do it's just very hard on the family for the body to be left there overnight.

I would like it to be done right.
    So that every bit of evidence that could be taken would be.
    If that meant not getting a body back for a few days, then so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

...losing a brother for me would be the nuclear option...

Would you not just organise a search and rescue?

I would like it to be done right.
    So that every bit of evidence that could be taken would be.
    If that meant not getting a body back for a few days, then so be it.

I'm pissing against the wind here....

• Advertisement

I've been hearing a lot of conflicting stories about all of this. It's as if there is a PR war going on! I do know that the Gardai have issued GIMs to people on the Hutch side who have had nothing to do with Hutch, or crime for a long time. Whereas, on the Kinahan side only the obvious players like Paul Rice have received GIMs. The Kinahans seem to be running around threatening everyone and taking out soft targets, while The Monk is sitting back. He has been meeting with George Mitchell and then returning home and leaving his key in his hall door like he doesn't give a fúck. It's hard to know what is really going on.

On the on side you have the Kinahans, who are now run by a younger crew and have no qualms about murdering older, "respected" old school lads, and just generally threatening everyone. On the other side is Gerry Hutch, who is calmer and also extremely intelligent. People both inside and outside of Ireland are being dragged into this and will maybe have to pick a side. The serious money men will want it finished as all these murders are just bad for business.

On the plus side, if there's someone you don't like tell the Kinahans that they're part of the Hutch gang :p

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

On the plus side, if there's someone you don't like tell the Kinahans that they're part of the Hutch gang :p

It was only a matter of time :)

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/garda-tell-the-viper-foley-of-threat-to-his-life-34571256.html

Gardaí tell 'The Viper' Foley of threat to his life

Is there anyone who hasn't tried to kill him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Ak 47s and 500 rounds of ammunition discovered in Ratoath last night It's being linked to the fued

3 men in custody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Tilly wrote:

I've seen this a few times with murders when I lived in Dublin, it is horrible but I think the reason is they prefer to do the forensics when its bright out.

sabat wrote: »
    If Williams really said that he's even stupider and less informed than I thought. There's zero chance of someone being given a deal on a murder charge. How does that even make sense when murder is the most serious crime on the statute books? They give up two slam dunk life convictions to maybe have a chance of getting someone on trial for ordering it or drug smuggling? No judge or minister would sign off on that in a million years-the Regency Hotel was all over the news worldwide.

If the state think they can get more and bigger convictions in letting one get away they will do it and have done so,The state looks at the bigger picture, as well as below there is also the time when they let go the lad who was stealing cars for the rIRA involved in the omagh bombing,he got a pass to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Bowden_(criminal)

Granted complete immunity from prosecution for the murder of Guerin, he was the only witness to give evidence against all four drug gang members at their trials in the Special Criminal Court: Patrick Holland; Paul Ward; Brian Meehan; and John Gilligan.[1]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

It was only a matter of time :)

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/garda-tell-the-viper-foley-of-threat-to-his-life-34571256.html

Gardaí tell 'The Viper' Foley of threat to his life

Is there anyone who hasn't tried to kill him?

This fella will live to 100 years old. He must have a horseshoe stuck up his hole he's that lucky.

I've been hearing a lot of conflicting stories about all of this. It's as if there is a PR war going on! I do know that the Gardai have issued GIMs to people on the Hutch side who have had nothing to do with Hutch, or crime for a long time. Whereas, on the Kinahan side only the obvious players like Paul Rice have received GIMs. The Kinahans seem to be running around threatening everyone and taking out soft targets, while The Monk is sitting back. He has been meeting with George Mitchell and then returning home and leaving his key in his hall door like he doesn't give a fúck. It's hard to know what is really going on.

On the on side you have the Kinahans, who are now run by a younger crew and have no qualms about murdering older, "respected" old school lads, and just generally threatening everyone. On the other side is Gerry Hutch, who is calmer and also extremely intelligent. People both inside and outside of Ireland are being dragged into this and will maybe have to pick a side. The serious money men will want it finished as all these murders are just bad for business.

Seriously, which side of the fued are you on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ak 47s and 500 rounds of ammunition discovered in Ratoath last night It's being linked to the fued

3 men in custody

I think I read that 1 was being held in Ashbourne Garda Station.

Not liking how close they're getting to my doorstep.

I'm pissing against the wind here....

Think you're just pissing!
    Your argument reads like a caller to the phoneshow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

So intelligent that anyone that is related to him or knows him well is likely a target to be murdered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Simply Red wrote: »
    3 arrested in Ratoath after gardai seize AK47s

Just how many AK47 are out there from the Regency raid?

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2016/03/10/donegal-man-arrested-and-ak47s-seized-in-regency-hotel-murder-probe/

It's a fairly standard technique to stir things up among the remaining gangs. Remember the Gardai doing the 'Elmo is a Rat' graffiti in Love/Hate?

It backfired spectacularly in Belgium. Within a day of the prosecutor announcing that one guy was cooperating nicely, 34 people were killed in two follow up attacks.

Williams is playing or participating in dangerous games...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

I'm far from believing half of the rubbish that the papers write/make up to sell copies, but todays star alleging that Duggan was trying to recruit dissidents from the north to side with the Hutches in recent days so maybe not completely unrelated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

RainyDay wrote: »

Williams is playing or participating in dangerous games...

He can afford to. He's under 24/7 Garda protection

flanzer wrote: »
    He can afford to. He's under 24/7 Garda protection

No he isn't, hasn't been for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

No he isn't, hasn't been for years.

I can tell you now, he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Not this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

His family at a good life.... Left over night in a car is a small price to pay

I can tell you now, he is not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

So intelligent that anyone that is related to him or knows him well is likely a target to be murdered

wtf does that comment even mean?

if you are saying that he can't protect people...people need to protect themselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement