Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭melissak

bubblypop wrote: »
    I can tell you now, he is not.

If he was exposing all these big baddies and he is not under police protection would that suggest the guards don't believe these stories are true if they don't think he is in danger?

melissak wrote: »
    If he was exposing all these big baddies and he is not under police protection would that suggest the guards don't believe these stories are true if they don't think he is in danger?

Gardai don't just decide someone's life is in danger. There must be a clear threat to someone. Like, they have received intelligence about the threat. There are different levels of threats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭melissak

Gardai don't just decide someone's life is in danger. There must be a clear threat to someone. Like, they have received intelligence about the threat. There are different levels of threats.

If his books are even approaching true you would have to imagine a threat i would have thought. These people he exposes are supposedly dangerous lunatics who wouldn't take kindly to being exposed. Don't know much about the whole thing but his books seem very makey uppey. Maybe it is just the sensationalist style of writing in fairness

If his books are even approaching true you would have to imagine a threat i would have thought. These people he exposes are supposedly dangerous lunatics who wouldn't take kindly to being exposed. Don't know much about the whole thing but his books seem very makey uppey

He was under threat years ago, after veronica guerin was killed, but he hasn't had protection now for some years.
    Yea, I don't read his books, they just seem like rehashed stuff that everyone on the street knows.
    I reckon he is a great bluffer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

sabat wrote: »
    If Williams really said that he's even stupider and less informed than I thought. There's zero chance of someone being given a deal on a murder charge. How does that even make sense when murder is the most serious crime on the statute books? They give up two slam dunk life convictions to maybe have a chance of getting someone on trial for ordering it or drug smuggling? No judge or minister would sign off on that in a million years-the Regency Hotel was all over the news worldwide.

says you but it's happened already .
    people involved in murder where given a deal before.
    The fella who ratted on gilligan (bowden) was given immunity from Guerin's murder.
    Granted complete immunity from prosecution for the murder of Guerin,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Bowden_(criminal)

as for the regency "lady" that make-up was too good. we all know who it is but unless something else comes up that won't be enough for a murder charge.
    plus if he is who they say he is , he'll suck it up as he'd be ratting on people close to him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Slightly unreleated but jeez the Independent is some rag, running that taxi going on fire as it's cover story and trying to hint it was a bomb with the 1916 commemoration going on nearby, when the taxi driver has come out already and said what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

Anybody watching utv's gangland Exposé? It's the same as anything on tv3 over the last year or so.
    The interesting thing is seeing a cop at Vinnie Ryan's murder scene literally bursting out of his forensic suit. His belly is so big that the zip has given out.
    Could fibers from his clothes corrupt the evidence?

He still has the shoe covers, mask and gloves on though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Dawn Rider wrote: »
    The interesting thing is seeing a cop at Vinnie Ryan's murder scene literally bursting out of his forensic suit. His belly is so big that the zip has given out.

He still has the shoe covers, mask and gloves on though.

Britain's Whales is on UTV Ireland are the moment, is that the same program?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,187 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

the gardai are too stretched at the minute to even think about williams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Seriously, which side of the fued are you on?

Would have thought with the incredible hard on he has for anything to do with Gerry Hutch that would be obvious by now :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

The Sunday World is claiming that the kinahan gang is going after The Viper.

Not sure why they would even try to attack The Viper because its not possible to kill The Viper:D

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/martin-the-viper-foley-told-of-threat-on-his-life-from-kinahan-mob

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

the gardai are too stretched at the minute to even think about williams

They sound pretty stretched, well at least their pants are.

Dawn Rider wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I wonder who the two brothers are who were nicked with the AK47s the other day. Apparently they are due in court very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

pablo128 wrote: »
    I wonder who the two brothers are who were nicked with the AK47s the other day. Apparently they are due in court very soon.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/armed-gardai-deployed-as-two-men-appear-in-court-charged-in-relation-to-arms-seizure-34574916.html

Joseph Jones with an address at Ashbourne in Co Meath and Alan Donohue with an address at Rathoath in Co Meath appeared at a special sitting of Trim District Court this evening.

but....
    The nephew of Gerry Monk, Derek is serving a 10-year term for the stabbing of Alan Donoghue in 2007. http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/armed-gardai-deployed-as-two-men-appear-in-court-charged-in-relation-to-arms-seizure-34574916.html

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/armed-gardai-deployed-as-two-men-appear-in-court-charged-in-relation-to-arms-seizure-34574916.html

Joseph Jones with an address at Ashbourne in Co Meath and Alan Donohue with an address at Rathoath in Co Meath appeared at a special sitting of Trim District Court this evening.

but....
    The nephew of Gerry Monk, Derek is serving a 10-year term for the stabbing of Alan Donoghue in 2007. http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/armed-gardai-deployed-as-two-men-appear-in-court-charged-in-relation-to-arms-seizure-34574916.html

?

it's all very confusing.

Who are thee two lads connected to?

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    it's all very confusing.

Who are thee two lads connected to?

I'm guessing kinhanans if the hutch lad stabbed one of them? I could be and probably am way off base.

We'll have to wait until the lads are back from thier easter night activities to find out more :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,558 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm guessing kinhanans if the hutch lad stabbed one of them? I could be and probably am way off base.
    At this stage I'm guessing it depends what day of the week it is.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    At this stage I'm guessing it depends what day of the week it is.

That's probably a more accurate way to determine at this stage :pac:

There all living side by side in Ratoath .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

We'll have to wait until the lads are back from thier easter night activities to find out more :pac:

I think Alan Donohue is attached to the Hutch gang as he was arrested with Del Hutch for manslaughter of Barry Maguire in '07.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Jones worked with Special Needs kids ????
    Hope the emphasis is on "worked".

Right so these ttwo lads got sentenced for killing a lad and stabbing another on ST. Stephens day 2007.

Derek ‘Del Boy’ Hutch will serve six years in jail for the manslaughter of 23-year-old Barry Maguire, after Mr Justice Patrick McCarthy suspended four years of his sentence to “keep light at the end of the tunnel” and ensure “the business of sentencing” was not about “locking someone up and throwing away the key”.

He also remarked that Donohue, who has 21 previous convictions, had “even less reason” for becoming involved in the incident leading to the death of Mr Maguire.

Mr Justice McCarthy said although Donohue was of a different character and the mitigation circumstances were greater in his case, he would impose on him a sentence of eight years for manslaughter and a concurrent five-year sentence for causing serious harm.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/icrime/the-monks-nephew-gets-10-years-for-killing-146470.html

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/two-men-charged-for-ashbourne-murder-1.748874

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/christmas-carnage-as-man-killed-in-night-of-the-knives-26341023.html

I think the reports he stabbed alan o donguhe are incorrect, bad journalism, unless there's another guy murdered by that name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

As far as i know they were from the hutch side and one of them is/was in a relationship with the unfortunate Noel duggans daughter.

As far as i know they were from the hutch side and one of them is/was in a relationship with the unfortunate Noel duggans daughter.

Nothing unfortunate about it if she's choosing to get involved with this crack and enjoy the proceeds

Jones worked with Special Needs kids ????
    Hope the emphasis is on "worked".

"for the last number of years" :eek:

Have you seen his record?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,558 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Nothing unfortunate about it if she's choosing to get involved with this crack and enjoy the proceeds
    I think s/he might have meant that Noel Duggan, not his daughter, was the unfortunate one.....

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I think s/he might have meant that Noel Duggan, not his daughter, was the unfortunate one.....

If so, change she to he in my comment and it still works!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Right so these ttwo lads got sentenced for killing a lad and stabbing another on ST. Stephens day 2007.

Derek ‘Del Boy’ Hutch will serve six years in jail for the manslaughter of 23-year-old Barry Maguire, after Mr Justice Patrick McCarthy suspended four years of his sentence to “keep light at the end of the tunnel” and ensure “the business of sentencing” was not about “locking someone up and throwing away the key”.

He also remarked that Donohue, who has 21 previous convictions, had “even less reason” for becoming involved in the incident leading to the death of Mr Maguire.

Mr Justice McCarthy said although Donohue was of a different character and the mitigation circumstances were greater in his case, he would impose on him a sentence of eight years for manslaughter and a concurrent five-year sentence for causing serious harm.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/icrime/the-monks-nephew-gets-10-years-for-killing-146470.html

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/two-men-charged-for-ashbourne-murder-1.748874

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/christmas-carnage-as-man-killed-in-night-of-the-knives-26341023.html

I think the reports he stabbed alan o donguhe are incorrect, bad journalism, unless there's another guy murdered by that name?

Not sure what article you're referring to but humberklogs post is correct.

sleeping with the enemy.

• Advertisement

Not sure what article you're referring to but humberklogs post is correct.

These articles, but I think they are incorrectly reporting

The nephew of Gerry Monk, Derek is serving a 10-year term for the stabbing of Alan Donoghue in 2007.http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/gangland-dublin-who-are-men-involved-hutch-kinahan-families-crime-war-1542793

In 2011 he got a 10-year term with four suspended for the manslaughter of Alan Donoghue.http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/pictures-show-convicted-killer-derek-6610809

Half way down in blue box won't copy and paste http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3437808/Man-shot-dead-Dublin-suspected-revenge-attack-shooting-hotel.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Cluster****

n

These articles, but I think they are incorrectly reporting

The nephew of Gerry Monk, Derek is serving a 10-year term for the stabbing of Alan Donoghue in 2007.http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/gangland-dublin-who-are-men-involved-hutch-kinahan-families-crime-war-1542793

In 2011 he got a 10-year term with four suspended for the manslaughter of Alan Donoghue.http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/pictures-show-convicted-killer-derek-6610809

Half way down in blue box won't copy and paste http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3437808/Man-shot-dead-Dublin-suspected-revenge-attack-shooting-hotel.html

I see, I wasnt sure which you mean. I think it just shows the appalling standard of Journalism these days. The fact 3 different articles make that mistake just shows at least 2 done a copy and paste job.

I see, I wasnt sure which you mean. I think it just shows the appalling standard of Journalism these days. The fact 3 different articles make that mistake just shows at least 2 done a copy and paste job.

I'm not suprised, I linked the same article twice in my first post :o

Wait a minute!

These guys are hutch side and they were involved? in the "kingsize" incident, who was also hutch side?

Division in the camp?

It seems they got bail, so ......

• Advertisement

Looks like the Gardai are mainly concentrating on the Hutch side and targeting them. The Cartel is too powerful and wealthy, they can throw money at people do their dirty work lounge around Spain. The Hutch side though are involved for personal reasons, easier to know, track and are smaller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,187 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

lets not forget the hutches and kinehans had links to eachother back then too

humberklog wrote: »
    I think Alan Donohue is attached to the Hutch gang as he was arrested with Del Hutch for manslaughter of Barry Maguire in '07.

Is this the same Alan Donohue who owns a mobile phone shop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

After having watched a tv programme about one of those crime gangs' antics in Europe what I'm left wondering is how they aren't all arrested.

I had 2 cop cars at my door a few years back over a speeding offence. Is it just a case that if you are going to commit a crime make it that big that the cops won't go near you.

I blame goodfellas. Everyone wants to whack someone. Get a grip.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Simon2015 wrote: »

Haven't a clue.

Just on the other papers that reported Del as killing Donohue- it really does show up the shoddy nature of a lot of journalists.

• Advertisement

Simon2015 wrote: »
    Google throws up very interesting results for this search and some good threatening customer service :pac:

Could it be the same guy, how does he find the time to be manager and director of all them companies?

Anyone got a picture of the stabber alan donoghue, my google seems to be lacking

Haven't a clue.

Just on the other papers that reported Del as killing Donohue- it really does show up the shoddy nature of a lot of journalists.
    Journalism is dying as an industry. The rise of Social Media personalities and bloggers claiming to be journalists is a large part. Anybody with a Twitter or Facebook can claim to be a journalist. Ironically many of these people are probably as good if not better than people still employed writing shoddy artictles like those in question. But its dliuted the industry along with the rise of online news.

But also decline in standards has been rapid and nearly all papers now are tabloid clickbait. I once wanted to be a Journalist but its mostly all about who you know, and its slowly dying with the Independent closing down in Britain today the first of many I would assume. There is room for Investigative journalism but it is not big here. There was plenty of opportunity here with the amount of political, criminal , police financial scandals but we get very little. I guess its easier to sit in an office tweeting while copy and pasting rubbish...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I have had a few so take that into consideration

Media is very friendly to the Hutches Why?

Are some of the establishment making
    Money from this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

The IBtimes, just who are they !

The article is lifted word for word from an Irish Times article that was published on 9/2. It was corrected on the 13/2. They made some amount of mistakes with victims mixed up with assailants.

Google throws up very interesting results for this search and some good threatening customer service :pac:

Could it be the same guy, how does he find the time to be manager and director of all them companies?

Anyone got a picture of the stabber alan donoghue, my google seems to be lacking

Maybe the companies are just fronts for something else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭JackieBauer

Apparently, Mexican Muslims from the Southside of Guadalajara are to blame for the whole thing.

Watch this space.

Or not.

Reading today's SW ,some one has to do it, its saying they reported that seansaor twitter account to twitterr HQ, saying he alleged that ND was an informer etc etc and then he was murdered, SW also said the account was incitement to murder and detectives are investigating it and it was blocked ...I got lots of tweets from it this morning and in my opinion t was giving more news and facts about what was going on than the usual ,Paul Williams ,Nicola talent crap that is put out there.

pity we dont have real investigative crime journalists anymore,just ones with there own personal slant on news.

Looks like ND wasent as innocent as some are trying to make out..

Duggan (58), one of the country's biggest tobacco smugglers, was suspected of helping to organised the logistics of the Regency attack by sourcing guns and a hit man from Northern Republican terrorists who were business associates in the smuggling rackets.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/hit-men-who-targeted-hutch-are-identified-34575130.html

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

"Staff and customers in the bar identified the masked men because they were wearing the exact same clothing they had worn during earlier visits."

Hit men who targeted Hutch are identified http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/hit-men-who-targeted-hutch-are-identified-34575130.html

"Staff and customers in the bar identified the masked men because they were wearing the exact same clothing they had worn during earlier visits."

Hit men who targeted Hutch are identified http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/hit-men-who-targeted-hutch-are-identified-34575130.html

He was in the bar when they came looking for him:eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement