Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Saorsean's Twitter account suspended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Not so Saor is Sean now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Saorsean's Twitter account suspended
    Witchie wrote: »
    Not so Saor is Sean now.

Sunday world objected to it, wonder why that was ?? It certainly wasent because they have just got some sort of moral crime journalists,they have posted some complete crap over the years and dont start me on boy wonder williams.

I thought SS gave a good insight in why this was happening and important story's behind the scenes, as a previous poster said here, why is the media soft on the hutch side ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

It's interesting how little focus is placed on the location of the killings when they are in Dublin as opposed to Limerick. It's a gangland thing when in Dublin, it's a Limerick thing when in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ratoath and Ashbourne seem to be the emigration destinations for gangland figures from Finglas and Cabra. Straight down the road. Sorry Up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Saorsean had a new twitter account today but it's after being shutdown now too a while ago. He also has a facebook and webpage on the go now as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Saorsean had a new twitter account today but it's after being shutdown now too a while ago. He also has a facebook and webpage on the go now as well.

Can you post links. Can't find them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Well , was the monk at the funeral of Kingsize?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/the-old-gangland-code-dies-with-kingsize

If its not fabricating lies the sunday world is writing fairy stories about convicted gangsters never read such rubbish in all my life,sickening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

I'd love a keeping up with the Kinahans reality show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Gamebred wrote: »
    http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/the-old-gangland-code-dies-with-kingsize

If its not fabricating lies the sunday world is writing fairy stories about convicted gangsters never read such rubbish in all my life,sickening.

How anyone can read the Scumday World is beyond me

Absolute drivel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

I see the Sunday World has criticized the recent Twitter postings suggesting that they may have been fueling the issue between the two sides. They even had the gall to contact one of the directors of Twitter at their private residence in Dublin about it. Can these so called journalists get any less self aware one wonders.

Sunday World / Nicola Tallant not so long ago published an article entitled "Criminal veteran Duggan says Gilligan has angered Gangland". In that article she gave the impression that Duggan was happy to go on the record about Gilligan being hated in gangland, how everyone wanted him dead and how he since he came out of prison he had been going around demanding money from people. They claimed Duggan had told them Sean Fitzgerald had contacted him on behalf of Gilligan and put the squeeze on him also and that he won't be doing it twice.

Now I don't know if Duggan went on the record about Gilligan and Fitzgerald or not, he may very well have done, but I do know this, in some of the quotes that they ascribed to Duggan in the article they needed to add Gilligan and Fitzgerald's names to the quotes themselves so as the reader would know precisely who Duggan was referring to. Which might not mean anything nefarious as it is quite possible of course that Duggan did indeed refer to the two men by name in those conversations with Nicola that day, just not at the specific time which he was making those specific quotes, but it seems quite odd to me that someone would do that; speak in a surreptitious manner about someone one minute and then be happy to openly name that person the next.

Seems to me that the way Duggan spoke that day was more indicative of someone who was speaking off the record. Someone perhaps that was happy to speak to journalist as an unnamed source but not happy if they were named as such, let alone have an article published on them the following Sunday giving the distinct impression that they had decided to go public, tell tales and name names. It was also revealed in that article that Duggan was staying at a house in Meath. Nicola seems to want to mourn the passing of old school gangster ethics in her latest piece but after having read much of her previous articles I'd be more inclined to mourn the passing of old school journalist codes myself.

That article I reference by the way was pulled from the Sunday World website hours after Duggan was killed.

I still have it open in one of my tabs though :)

Nicola isn't a tallanted writer!

What a load of ****e!
    Why don't you drop your knickers for him luv!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

Cathy.C wrote: »
    I see the Sunday World has criticized the recent Twitter po...
    Thaks Cathy. I read that article before and when I went back to qoute it, it was gone! Yes, twitter is to blame if you believe them! I like your version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Just when the Sunday World was running out of ideas with the Hutch Kinehan feud.

John Gilligan's 'surprise' return to the capital - despite being target of criminal gangs
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/john-gilligans-surprise-return-to-the-capital-despite-being-target-of-criminal-gangs-34589957.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Just when the Sunday World was running out of ideas with the Hutch Kinehan feud.

John Gilligan's 'surprise' return to the capital - despite being target of criminal gangs
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/john-gilligans-surprise-return-to-the-capital-despite-being-target-of-criminal-gangs-34589957.html

LOL. That's not a Sunday World link!

pablo128 wrote: »

I think his point is that the Sunday world will suddenly have a few pages in the next few issues with a breaking story of the Gilligan-Hutch-Kinahan feud!

I think his point is that the Sunday world will suddenly have a few pages in the next few issues with a breaking story of the Gilligan-Hutch-Kinahan feud!

Thank you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

Gilligan isn't looking too bad for someone who was shot in the face.

• Advertisement

Is the independent the. herald and the Sunday world not all part of the same group.they are constantly swapping stories and what you read in one you will read in the other.

Simon2015 wrote: »
    Gilligan isn't looking too bad for someone who was shot in the face.

Well the fat prick does have two of them!

Well the fat prick does have two of them!

He might be invincible just like The Viper :pac:

Simon2015 wrote: »
    He might be invincible just like The Viper :pac:

Must be a nail-biting period of time, for up and coming criminals, while they wait to see what nickname they've been assigned by the media (Paul Williams).
    I'd say it could make or break you.
    Like, I'd be pretty scared if I heard someone called The Viper was after me.
    The Guinea Pig or The Penguin just don't instil the same kind of fear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Must be a nail-biting period of time, for up and coming criminals, while they wait to see what nickname they've been assigned by the media (Paul Williams).
    I'd say it could make or break you.
    The Guinea Pig or The Penguin just don't instil the same kind of fear.

How would you feel if you were monikered "The Corpse" or the "The Next Corpse" "Soon to be Corpse" "Corpse in waiting"

It would be accurate and always available for the next Candidate..... "The Candidate"

blinding wrote: »
    How would you feel if you were monikered "The Corpse" or the "The Next Corpse" "Soon to be Corpse" "Corpse in waiting"

It would be accurate and always available for the next Candidate..... "The Candidate"

It's all in the name.
    I kissed at girl at a teenage disco once (eh, I was also a teenager at the time).
    Turned out that she had a boyfriend,,, and he was looking for me,,, and his nickname was Chainsaw.
    I swiftly affected an escape through an appropriately named emergency exit.
    Probably wouldn't have legged it if I heard that Mouse was after me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

What if the nickname was tongue in cheek? So a 7 foot giant was nicknamed the Midget or something

Synode wrote: »
    What if the nickname was tongue in cheek? So a 7 foot giant was nicknamed the Midget or something

The you could find yourself in a lot of trouble :eek:

Synode wrote: »
    Robin Hood had Little John .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Bajer if you know so much then can you please tell us whats wrong with the Monk giving 200k to Kinahan story....

Just seeing if you're genuinely in the know.

• Advertisement

It's all in the name.
    I kissed at girl at a teenage disco once (eh, I was also a teenager at the time).
    Turned out that she had a boyfriend,,, and he was looking for me,,, and his nickname was Chainsaw.
    I swiftly affected an escape through an appropriately named emergency exit.
    Probably wouldn't have legged it if I heard that Mouse was after me.

wat ya mean buddy i a hard dangerous man :mad::mad::o:pac:

Would you be scared if you heard "fatpuss" was after you or just laugh ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

For years the local trouble maker in my area of town was known as "The Cowboy". Could you imagine my disappointment when I first saw him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭septictank

Was he caught riding the range?

septictank wrote: »
    Was he caught riding the range?
    The kitchen range :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Is that "Saor Sean" lad still publishing his stuff anywhere? After his original Twitter account got suspended he starting posting from another one but that bit the dust too. I miss the gangland gossip!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/child-5-narrowly-escapes-injury-after-shots-fired-in-attempted-gangland-hit-34611883.html

Another shooting a young baby could have been caught up in it, Intended target is suppose to be from tallaght

Benteke wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/child-5-narrowly-escapes-injury-after-shots-fired-in-attempted-gangland-hit-34611883.html

Another shooting a young baby could have been caught up in it, Intended target is suppose to be from tallaght

Wow, sounds like the child had a very lucky escape. An attempted hit on Paul Rice, I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Wow, sounds like the child had a very lucky escape. An attempted hit on Paul Rice, I wonder?

His son was just sentenced today for the melee following Gerard Kavanagh's funeral

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-who-assaulted-bouncer-at-copper-face-jacks-jailed-for-two-years-34611397.html

• Advertisement

Copper face jacks is full of off duty gardas only a complete fool would start trouble there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Independent reporting today that the Kinahans are linked with the Mexican Sinaloa Cartel.

El Chapo's boys. These Kinahan chaps seem to be seriously connected. A Major operation, not some street gang.

Is that "Saor Sean" lad still publishing his stuff anywhere? After his original Twitter account got suspended he starting posting from another one but that bit the dust too. I miss the gangland gossip!

Haven't heard nothing from him in weeks, his Facebook and Twitter accounts were blocked after objections from Nicola notallant and SW,he said he be back up and running soon, awful pity as he seemed to know what was going on and gave a good IMO balanced story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Haven't heard nothing from him in weeks, his Facebook and Twitter accounts were blocked after objections from Nicola notallant and SW,he said he be back up and running soon, awful pity as he seemed to know what was going on and gave a good IMO balanced story.

he certainly showed up the SW and the rest in terms of analysis rather than the usual vague sh1te .

From the mirror.
    Gardai do not believe the finglas shooting is related to gang land crime?

Showing off his man-bag???

This is just getting completely ridiculous at this stage.

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/defiant-freddie-kinahan-mobster-showing-off-after-cartel-homes-raided-34612678.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Showing off his man-bag???

This is just getting completely ridiculous at this stage.

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/defiant-freddie-kinahan-mobster-showing-off-after-cartel-homes-raided-34612678.html

I can't say, but there's a good reason why the press pictured him yesterday out and about. They knew exactly where he would be.;)

I can't say, but there's a good reason why the press pictured him yesterday out and about. They knew exactly where he would be.;)

Brown Thomas checking out the Spring range?

I had wondered that myself - I had my suspicions about something and if true, that confirms them.

I had wondered that myself - I had my suspicions about something and if true, that confirms them.

Hint?

Come on mate let us know.
    No one is going to come looking for Pablo from boards.ie :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement