Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Wow, I've only just joined the dots together now. Although it has been hinted at in the media the last while, I never guessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I'm trying to join the dots but I don't have a pen and none of the dots are numbered. Help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Ronald Wilson Reagan

Charlie Haughty knew how to keep subversives under control, by importing guns from Belgium, because as we know more guns is always the best solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Wow, I've only just joined the dots together now. Although it has been hinted at in the media the last while, I never guessed.

I think they've made it as clear as they could without actually saying it right from time of the incident itself. Sad but hardly surprising really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

I'm trying to join the dots but I don't have a pen and none of the dots are numbered. Help.

A little bit of googling using what The Flying Mouse said as a starting point will more or less give you your answer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Haven't heard nothing from him in weeks, his Facebook and Twitter accounts were blocked after objections from Nicola notallant and SW,he said he be back up and running soon, awful pity as he seemed to know what was going on and gave a good IMO balanced story.

On what basis could either NT or SW object to his twitter account? Seems very strange that they could have any sort of influence over twitter and facebook removing him from their site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

A little bit of googling using what The Flying Mouse said as a starting point will more or less give you your answer...

Why is everyone here so afraid to say what it is?
    I think it's hilarious, it's an Internet forum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

daRobot wrote: »
    On what basis could either NT or SW object to his twitter account? Seems very strange that they could have any sort of influence over twitter and facebook removing him from their site.

Nicola Tallant and SW closed him down because they said that he leaked the story that Duggan was her informant. also copyright infringement of photos of lads coming out of hotel after shooting, also SW went to the house of the MD of twitter Ireland to say above was putting lives in danger.

It was in the SW maybe two weeks ago or in links from above posts,
    What i find strange is the lengths the SW went to close SS down ?
    What he wrote made more sense,
    What they write is complete fabrication of what is happening ,(most people with an interest in this type of stories have an idea whats going on)
    What is the SW/HERALD/PW real agenda ? as it certainly not giving the truth or as near as one can possibly get to it re this situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mod: We're subject to any court order blocking the identification of a child here too, so please don't give any information away that can do that. I've edited/deleted a few posts here just to be safe.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

Would it by any chance have anything to do with this.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/gardai-appeal-for-information-about-masked-hit-squad-following-botched

Looks like a right cock up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

septictank wrote: »
    Would it by any chance have anything to do with this.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/gardai-appeal-for-information-about-masked-hit-squad-following-botched

Looks like a right cock up.

Look where he was photographed,google what court is in the area,do the math.

It seems a few lads here would never make detective :pac::pac::pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Just so you are aware, if you make public the identification of a certain person involved, you will probably end up in court yourselves. Be warned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,187 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Independent reporting today that the Kinahans are linked with the Mexican Sinaloa Cartel.

El Chapo's boys. These Kinahan chaps seem to be seriously connected. A Major operation, not some street gang.

My local pub has links to international drinks company diageo....not really news

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

State of him and his man bag. Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

So confused!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

Gamebred wrote: »
    Look where he was photographed,google what court is in the area,do the math.

I don't know where the picture was taken but presume the court is the one in park gate street, not that it makes anything any clearer.

My thinking was that while he was there on camera something else was happening in Finglas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,187 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

septictank wrote: »
    I don't know where the picture was taken but presume the court is the one in park gate street, not that it makes anything any clearer.

My thinking was that while he was there on camera something else was happening in Finglas.

Or Smithfield perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I had wondered that myself - I had my suspicions about something and if true, that confirms them.[

Looks like your suspicious are correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Jaysus, I was in town earlier and have never seen so many Gards on the streets, particularly north of the Liffey. Large presence around the Abbey theatre, and looked like there was some SDU lads around Connolly. Anyone know if anything was up? Something to do with 1916 perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

There was a 1916 and Good Friday Agreement celebration event on at the Abbey today. The president and other dignitaries in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Gardai haven't been doing too badly of late, making lots of arrests etc.
    Ball is in the well court's court now.

Was good to see they have someone in court now for the murdrr of that poor innocent young fella, looked like nobody was going to get charged for quite a while.
    http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/dad-of-teen-accused-of-lorcan-oreilly-murder-must-attend-court-judge-34592743.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Gardai haven't been doing too badly of late, making lots of arrests etc.
    Ball is in the well court's court now.

Was good to see they have someone in court now for the murdrr of that poor innocent young fella, looked like nobody was going to get charged for quite a while.
    http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/dad-of-teen-accused-of-lorcan-oreilly-murder-must-attend-court-judge-34592743.html

How is this unfortunate killing related to gangland shootings in Dublin, Supernintendo?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

UsedToWait wrote: »
    How is this unfortunate killing related to gangland shootings in Dublin, Supernintendo?

It's all relative

It seems a few lads here would never make detective :pac::pac::pac::D

Just the sort the Gardai actively hire!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,523 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Just the sort the Gardai actively hire!!! :D

Wilma!!!!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

bajer101 wrote: »
    It's all relative

Give this man a prize. :D

Since anyone with a functioning brain and an ability to use a Google search can now easily figure out why Fat Freddie was where he was at the time he was spotted, here are a couple of stories related to the Hutch gang:

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/spotter-for-regency-attack-gang-may-have-had-children-with-him

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/hutch-gang-hunt-for-rat-following-garda-raids

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Personally I wouldn't believe a letter of a word that Nicola Tallant writes ...
    (She misspelt Kinahans as Kinehans on one of her twitter articles last week, and the mistake is still there). Last week she was writing about a huge riff between the Byrnes and the Kinahans, and now it's been reported elsewhere that the two attended the boxing in the O2 together last Saturday night...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Lads you're skirting the line here, no more speculation about protected cases. Even if you're going about it in a roundabout way. I've deleted a few more posts.

• Advertisement

Lads you're skirting the line here, no more speculation about protected cases. Even if you're going about it in a roundabout way. I've deleted a few more posts.

Understood. I'll say no more about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Ha i give up!

The press knew where he would be, that tells me nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Well I'm lost - you could have put it in black and white and it probably still would have gone over my head.

I blame Paul Williams for Ms Tallant generating stories that can be tied to other stories by saying it was sunny on the same day both stories happened so it must be true!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

I wonder how this "Fat Freddie" character became so famous ? He's not even that interesting.

The Herald use to have him on the front page almost every day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Simon2015 wrote: »
    I wonder how this "Fat Freddie" character became so famous ? He's not even that interesting.

The Herald use to have him on the front page almost every day.

He would've come to public attention during the crumlin- drimnagh feud.

humberklog wrote: »
    He would've come to public attention during the crumlin- drimnagh feud.

I know but he's just a common criminal he doesn't deserve all the air time he gets.

At least back in day we had interesting criminals like Martin Cahill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

I know but he's just a common criminal he doesn't deserve all the air time he gets.

Sure everyone loves a good feud.

Source: this thread.

Common criminals, interesting criminals,nice criminals, ordinary decent criminals,

there's some difference there ok,

not.

Martin Cahill was the people's criminal :D

• Advertisement

Martin Cahill was the people's criminal :D

Martin Cahill was a vicious thug, who ruined many lives.
    And he wouldn't have thought twice about doing you serious harm if you got in his way.

Just look at Dr Donovan, past director of forensic science lab.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Common criminals, interesting criminals,nice criminals, ordinary decent criminals,

there's some difference there ok,

not.
    Criminals are put on a pedestal in this country.

Look how many of them we put in the Dail !

We need to "Re- Incarnate " Tom Clark , Eamonn Ceannt, and James Connolly for a Week . The undertakers would be busy and there would be a lot of by-elections for the Dail.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

he mighnt deserve the glorification
    as for cahill he was nowhere near as powerful in terms of gang/weapon or money as those dealers today. I'm guessing thompson being near the top of that chain has a lot more money than cahill ever dreamt of.

he was leader of a gang than was involved in a feud that resulted in years of violence and 15 death..sadly that is newsworthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

blinding wrote: »
    Criminals are put on a pedestal in this country.

Look how many of them we put in the Dail !

We need to "Re- Incarnate " Tom Clark , Eamonn Ceannt, and James Connolly for a Week . The undertakers would be busy and there would be a lot of by-elections for the Dail.:eek:

yawn fcuking yawn.

you just picked on my pet hates
    TDs.

...TDs are under the same laws as the rests of us.
    If they broke the law they are charged like the rest of us.
    If you know of a criminal in the dail - go to the police with your evidence.
    otherwise stfu

people banging on about the 1916 leaders most of them died before they could have any power. you have no idea how they would have turned out. I'd bet most of them would never have gotten within an asses roar of power the electorate would have never voted in communists like james connolly ...there just wasn't that appetite in ireland.

we had one 1916 leader deValera survive and rule ireland...and let's just say he isn't too popular on boards.
    you can't say the other would have been any better.
    the best thing for their legacy is they died .

Pablo Escobar was heavily involved in charity!
    Built schools and medical facilities and even handed out money to the poor!

Still he was a vicious criminal if crossed.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Martin Cahill was a vicious thug, who ruined many lives.
    And he wouldn't have thought twice about doing you serious harm if you got in his way.

Just look at Dr Donovan, past director of forensic science lab.

I know but many people saw him as sort of Robin Hood type character.

Did Robin Hood claim the dole, have 2 houses, 2 families and laugh at every hard working member of society?

Or are you trying to say Cahill stole money and paintings to give the proceeds to poor families in society?

Thought not.

Did Robin Hood claim the dole, have 2 houses, 2 families and laugh at every hard working member of society?

Or are you trying to say Cahill stole money and paintings to give the proceeds to poor families in society?

Thought not.

I remember in the film about his life he was giving out free stuff to poor families.

Not sure if that actually happened in real life ?

Well they were very wrong weren't they?
    And they obviously never got on his wrong side.

• Advertisement

I remember in the film about his life he was giving out free stuff to poor families.

Not sure if that actually happened in real life ?

Tv3 now, watch it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement