Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

cadaliac wrote: »
    Fasht typing
    I read that in a Sean Connery voice :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Threads merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

There's a video going around of a Garda doing CPR on the victim. Word is the wrong person was hit but they weren't an innocent bystander.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

An associate of a relation of gerry hutch was at the pub but not shot ....twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Time for the government to act quickl... oh, wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

rough aul shop that pub
    Rubbish :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I'm a little confused here - I thought the Sheriff Street area had lost its gangland connections in the mid-90s when it was gentrified and they demolished all the heroin infested estates there to make room for the IFSC?

Is the area just a coincidence in this case, or has Sheriff St actually retained some of its former associated anti social behaviour despite the redevelopment, a bit like the area around Herberton in Rialto? I've never heard of Noctors as a dodgy spot until now, but a lot of people this morning are reacting to this by saying things like "Ah well sure Noctors, what would ye expect" as if it has a bad name for this kind of carry on O_o

Regardless, is this shooting thought to be related to the Hutch feud or is it a separate thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Time for the government to act quickl... oh, wait.

No problem clamping down on protestor and republicans!

There is no will to stop this. Have to start wondering why. Is there darker forces at work here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

TheJournal.ie reported that Gardaí were at the scene of a shouting...

Ah here!! Leave it out!!

• Advertisement

JustTheOne wrote: »

There is no will to stop this. Have to start wondering why. Is there darker forces at work here.

Why don't you throw up a comparison of the number of gang members prosecuted compared to the number of protesters and republicans prosecuted. My god, your post is so moronic it gave me a headache.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Close one for draglady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Close one for draglady.
    I wondered if it was himself that got hit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭Augme

JustTheOne wrote: »

Ridiculous. Gangland crime is almost impossible to stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

I'm a little confused here - I thought the Sheriff Street area had lost its gangland connections in the mid-90s when it was gentrified and they demolished all the heroin infested estates there to make room for the IFSC?

Is the area just a coincidence in this case, or has Sheriff St actually retained some of its former associated anti social behaviour despite the redevelopment, a bit like the area around Herberton in Rialto? I've never heard of Noctors as a dodgy spot until now, but a lot of people this morning are reacting to this by saying things like "Ah well sure Noctors, what would ye expect" as if it has a bad name for this kind of carry on O_o

Regardless, is this shooting thought to be related to the Hutch feud or is it a separate thing?

Noctors is fairly well known for being one of the dodgiest, if not the dodgiest pubs in Dublin.

The street its on would remind you of the road into CJs gaff in GTA San Andreas :p

Augme wrote: »
    Ridiculous. Gangland crime is almost impossible to stop.

It's not in cases of family feuds like these. Every one of these scumbags has previous convictions in the double digits, they should be serving life sentences already for general scumbaggery. Our judiciary has no will to lock these f*ckers up, they get suspended sentence after suspended sentence and it's an absolute joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

cson wrote: »
    Noctors is fairly well known for being one of the dodgiest, if not the dodgiest pubs in Dublin.

The street its on would remind you of the road into CJs gaff in GTA San Andreas :p

Cue the vox pop on tonight's news of residents "shocked" and "nothing like this ever happens around here"

It's not in cases of family feuds like these. Every one of these scumbags has previous convictions in the double digits, they should be serving life sentences already for general scumbaggery. Our judiciary has no will to lock these f*ckers up, they get suspended sentence after suspended sentence and it's an absolute joke.

My understanding is the actual target of the shooting got a ten year sentence in 2010. Pretty poor if that's correct. Only half his time done and already in the pub at lunch time.

cson wrote: »

Wow. I thought that entire area had only had a bad reputation because of an isolated council estate in the 80s which wasn't properly policed and got overrun by drugs, a la Fatima - and that it quietened down after they were cleared to make room for the IFSC. And in my own general neck of the woods in the South Inner City where my college is, the Barn House pub at the Dolphin's Barn bridge is widely regarded as the dodgiest pub in Dublin, with the comparatively tame Bridge House across the road being notorious for people getting confused and wandering into the Barn House across the road instead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Close one for draglady.

So am I right in saying that today the Kinihan gang went to try kill draglady from the regency but shot an innocent bystander instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

My understanding is the actual target of the shooting got a ten year sentence in 2010. Pretty poor if that's correct. Only half his time done and already in the pub at lunch time.

Well when you work at night his lunch time is your 6pm.....:)

• Advertisement

Sure look at that mother who got four years for the most horrific abuse of her kids a few days ago. Our judicial system is bollocksed at the moment.

So am I right in saying that today the Kinihan gang went to try kill draglady from the regency but shot an innocent bystander instead?

Curious about that myself - everyone and their mother knows who the draglady is, so I would be shocked if he was hanging out in broad daylight in Dublin.

Why not just name the scum bags if they have been convicted of the crimes already? That's not illegal and there not gonna come looking for Little CuChulainn :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭Augme

They'll always have people to step in and take their place. These aren't family feuds, these are large gangs fighting for turf/money. If it wasn't a nephew in a prominent position it would just be someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Curious about that myself - everyone and their mother knows who the draglady is, so I would be shocked if he was hanging out in broad daylight in Dublin.

that part of town is very insular esp around noctors not much passing traffic , a non local is noted immediately.

maybe he felt safe...

it's easier said than done to hide away all the time, maybe he needed a stretch of his legs.

but overall I do agree with you

Augme wrote: »
    They'll always have people to step in and take their place. These aren't family feuds, these are large gangs fighting for turf/money. If it wasn't a nephew in a prominent position it would just be someone else.

My understanding is that the Kinahan / Hutch thing is more personal at this stage than business, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Close one for draglady.
    First person that came to mind too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Reports now say that the victim was a case of mistaken identity as he is unknown to Gardai.

This should put an end to people saying just leave them at it as they wipe each other out.

Victim is also now confirmed to have died.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭TheFatHombre

I wonder if it will ever get to a stage were the Gardai will have to carry assault rifles to tackle the drug gangs in this country, we all seen how bad it got in Mexico and how bad it still is, ATLEAST with an armed police force we can tackle the gangs on an equal level, instead of using Battons and mace

• Advertisement

I wonder if it will ever get to a stage were the Gardai will have to carry assault rifles to tackle the drug gangs in this country, we all seen how bad it got in Mexico and how bad it still is, ATLEAST with an armed police force we can tackle the gangs on an equal level, instead of using Battons and mace

If I was a guard I would be demanding personal protection to match these scum bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

The mexicans would eat this lot for breakfast. With salsa.

We're nowhere near that level.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

What could a Garda with a gun done to stop any murders in this fued? wouldnt of made 1 iota of difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The ERU already have assault rifles and had them on patrols after the last shootings. The ues HK416 A5s along with the MP7 and Uzi SMGs.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So the person murdered was 'mistaken identity', some innocent person murdered on the streets of Dublin.

Gamebred wrote: »
    What could a Garda with a gun done to stop any murders in this fued? wouldnt of made 1 iota of difference.

If you are referring to me...
    I said if I was a guard I would demand personal protection to match the scum bags, I never said they could have stopped anything else.
    I'm talking about a time when they come close to the scum and they need protection.

FFS.
    The independent now confirming it was a mistaken identity.
    RIP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Close one for draglady.

Who?

bigpink wrote: »
    Who?

The draglady from the regency shooting he is referring to I presume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭TheFatHombre

Yea but the ERU are a unit of a few hundred maybe a thousand strong, who don't patrol the inner city like all crimes they respond after the crime is committed, they are no were as tough or as aggressive as the police force in Mexico who kidnap gang members and blind fold them bring them to unknown locations and interrogate them aggressively.. And as for the criminals, the Kinahan cartel is widely regarded as been on par if not as massing more money through its criminal enterprises then the cartels, so there is a real issue at hand, and the Gardai are under resourced and don't have the training to deal with this threat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭secman

Who?

Presume it's the guy dressed as a wowam at the Regency shooting

I hope the Sunday World give him the name "Bunny"... That could make for all sorts of funny headlines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

murpho999 wrote: »
    Reports now say that the victim was a case of mistaken identity as he is unknown to Gardai.

This should put an end to people saying just leave them at it as they wipe each other out.

Disgraceful, the poor guy.
    Also hearing he was younger then 20 ?
    This is just awful news

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭xabi

Disgraceful, the poor guy.
    Also hearing he was younger then 20 ?
    This is just awful news

RIP

Did he die?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Seen a video of the victim getting medical attention out in the middle of the street corner well away from the pub.

• Advertisement

xabi wrote: »
    Did he die?

Joe Duffy is saying he did .

How would a garda with an assault rifle have prevented today's attack?

The situation here, whilst dramatic, does not put Dublin/Ireland anywhere near the levels of killings in Mexico.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Oh how do people know its him

Oh how do people know its him

What do you mean?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement