Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

bigpink wrote: »
    Oh how do people know its him

Miss drag queen was on in the pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

xabi wrote: »
    Miss drag queen was on in the pub.

Oh silly me lol just got the joke.......

Was he in there today?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭TheFatHombre

murpho999 wrote: »
    How would a garda with an assault rifle have prevented to days attack?

The situation here, whilst dramatic, does not put Dublin/Ireland anywhere near the levels of killings in Mexico.

Well what would warn of criminals about to commit a crime a guard with a batton or a guard with an assault rifle or hand gun.. The problem is Gettin out of control, maybe someone like you doesn't see that in your big house in sandy mount but I'm in here, born here in the inner city and I want my kids to be safe, and there not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I think it is high time Kinahan, Hutch and their cronies were rounded up and put behind bars pending a trial. We are pussyfooting around trying to build a case against these fukkers while they run rings around the state using the best legal advice money can buy.

I think it is high time Kinahan, Hutch and their cronies were rounded up and put behind bars pending a trial. We are pussyfooting around trying to build a case against these fukkers while they run rings around the state using the best legal advice money can buy.

Fight fire with fire

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Well what would warn of criminals about to commit a crime a guard with a batton or a guard with an assault rifle or hand gun.. The problem is Gettin out of control, maybe someone like you doesn't see that in your big house in sandy mount but I'm in here, born here in the inner city and I want my kids to be safe, and there not

You wont be hoping they all have guns when a rogue or 2 shoots innocent people with their arms like they do in murica,the problem is with the courts,they are a joke sentences arent strict enough simple as that bigger penalties are needs,40 years for posseasion of a firearm not 5 should be in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Agree 1000%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

GTFO out with your Sandymount sh1te. What an attitude.

An armed guard would not have prevented today.

Zero tolerance is the key and all suspected "gangland" or scumbags as I call them should be subject to internment.

Society need sto take control too and responsibility. These people would not exists if it weren't for nomal citizens drug habits.

Gamebred wrote: »
    You wont be hoping they all have guns when a rogue or 2 shoots innocent people with their arms like they do in murica,the problem is with the courts,they are a joke sentences arent strict enough simple as that bigger penalties are needs,40 years for posseasion of a firearm not 5 should be in place.

Well the right training isn't giving to officers in America police men in Spain and other country's carry weapons and don't kill innocent civilians, the judiciary system is as corrupt as the criminals they seek to prosecute it's all a farce, they make millions and millions and can tie a trail up for years and years, this men need hard justice

Well the right training isn't giving to officers in America police men in Spain and other country's carry weapons and don't kill innocent civilians, the judiciary system is as corrupt as the criminals they seek to prosecute it's all a farce, they make millions and millions and can tie a trail up for years and years, this men need hard justice

The civil rights morons have most judicial systems ruined,everyone is a great chap and deserves a 55th chance,prisons are holiday camps sky digital in a cell you couldnt make it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭Augme

Seen a video of the victim getting medical attention out in the middle of the street corner well away from the pub.

What kind of **** records something like this and then passes it around to their mates?

Augme wrote: »
    What kind of **** records something like this and then passes it around to their mates?

Its on twitter,someone from an office shot it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Its on twitter,someone from an office shot it.

Unfortunate choice of words, given the circumstances :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

murpho999 wrote: »
    GTFO out with your Sandymount sh1te. What an attitude.

An armed guard would not have prevented today.

Zero tolerance is the key and all suspected "gangland" or scumbags as I call them should be subject to internment.

Society need sto take control too and responsibility. These people would not exists if it weren't for nomal citizens drug habits.

GTFO with your internment ****e; where do you think we are; North Korea?

There's enough legislation in place to deal with this; the problem is resourcing and enforcement.

Judges: If a person has come before you multiple times then maybe it's time to remove them from society for a substantial period of time.

CAB: Good work being done but disappointing it took an escalation of violence to finally see the cars etc these lads have being taken off them. If you can't prove that you earned the money to purchase a high value item then we'll take it. Won it down the bookies? Show me the slip? Where did you get the money for €0000 stake if you're on social welfare? We'll take that.

Gardai: I think you do a phenomenal job given the resources; keep it up & keep hassling these lads. Make their lives as difficult as possible; tax/insurance/nct anything that might not be there = hammer them for it.

Government: Give the resources to do their jobs to the above; build the prisons for serial offenders, invest in regeneration and have enough Gardai to effectively police the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

cson wrote: »

There's enough legislation in place to deal with this; the problem is resourcing and enforcement.

Judges: If a person has come before you multiple times then maybe it's time to remove them from society for a substantial period of time.

CAB: Good work being done but disappointing it took an escalation of violence to finally see the cars etc these lads have being taken off them. If you can't prove that you earned the money to purchase a high value item then we'll take it. Won it down the bookies? Show me the slip? Where did you get the money for €0000 stake if you're on social welfare? We'll take that.

Gardai: I think you do a phenomenal job given the resources; keep it up & keep hassling these lads. Make their lives as difficult as possible; tax/insurance/nct anything that might not be there = hammer them for it.

Government: Give the resources to do their jobs to the above; build the prisons for serial offenders, invest in regeneration and have enough Gardai to effectively police the country.

Agree completely.

On the issue of arming every cop, I'd love to see examples of where this has caused a reduction in crime. As far as I can see the places I can think that every cop carries a gun the crime and murder rates are higher. It seems that it just escalates things further.

I can certainly sympathise with any Guard that would want to carry a gun for personal protection but on the whole it's not something I'd be rushing into.

Proper sentences for people who commit serious offenses or multiple offenses would be the fist place to start imo.

Was the victim a convicted armed robber like some sources reported?

If he is an associate of the hutches, what suprising or innocent about him?

I think you're over complicating an enormously simple issue here. The government give the Gardai resources, the Gardai do an incredible job of targeting these f*ckers and building complex cases against them, the prosecutions and the juries take the time to examine these cases and very often convict... And then the judges say "difficult childhood / drug problem / out of character / whatever, suspended sentence".

The justice system does a perfectly fine job until it gets as far as the judge. Either judges in this country need to cop the f*ck on and stop letting convicted scumbags go, or the government need to legislate mandatory minimum sentences for gangland related activity so that the judges are not legally allowed to continue this utter muppetry.

Apparently unknown to Gardai.
    I think you're over complicating an enormously simple issue here. The government give the Gardai resources, the Gardai do an incredible job of targeting these f*ckers and building complex cases against them, the prosecutions and the juries take the time to examine these cases and very often convict... And then the judges say "difficult childhood / drug problem / out of character / whatever, suspended sentence".

The justice system does a perfectly fine job until it gets as far as the judge. Either judges in this country need to cop the f*ck on and stop letting convicted scumbags go, or the government need to legislate mandatory minimum sentences for gangland related activity so that the judges are not legally allowed to continue this utter muppetry.

That's essentially what he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Panel of three judges should put a stop to ridiculous sentencing...

Many minds etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

North Korea?

Do you realise that it happened in Northern Ireland not so long ago.

Anyhow my point was that something different needs to be done, and simply arming a guard will not prevent shootings as you can see in other countries.
    Agree with your other points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

Not sure how serious I can take that post TBH. Do you think Judges don't know that? Remove criminals and you remove revenue stream. Gardai, Phenomenal Job? All these organisations need to work together along with Dept of Social Protection, who need man power in fraud detection. There needs to be a will all round to do do something. There is too much focus on perception rather than reality. As long as it perceived by the public that a good job is being done then all of the above are happy. They are not happy when headlines spark public outrage which only seems to engage some fire fighting tactics. Get tough for a generation and you'll see a difference down the line but the will doesn't exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭baldbear

IF he knew the Hutches and IF he has convictions he deserves to get murdered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I'll just go to SaorSean on Twitter for the inside track.......right..........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Bet its gonna play havoc with traffic this evening too - do the Hutchs and Kinahans not think of commuters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,656 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

baldbear wrote: »

Why?

What if he was a neighbour and had a 3 year old conviction for shoplifting?

Would he still deserve to die?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I'll just go to SaorSean on Twitter for the inside track.......right..........

Has he still got an online presence?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The ERU already have assault rifles and had them on patrols after the last shootings. The ues HK416 A5s along with the MP7 and Uzi SMGs.

It's a while since any of the Gardai had Uzis.

Coat22 wrote: »
    Bet its gonna play havoc with traffic this evening too - do the Hutchs and Kinahans not think of commuters?

Poor thing having to sit in traffic while an innocent man is in a morgue now,god love ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Has he still got an online presence?

No. I'm just being sarcastic ! I wish he did have a presence somewhere

Poor thing having to sit in traffic while an innocent man is in a morgue now,god love ya.

Said in jest. I think if you look back over the thread you'll see I was the first person to point out he was an innocent man and expressed my pity.

Now chill out.

• Advertisement

baldbear wrote: »

You said that, I asked was he innocent.

Apparently the young man was down on sheriff street just to buy abit of grass, poor lad woke up this morning not knowing he'd be sleeping in a morgue tonight, tragic.. ****in scum need to be dealt with a strong hand, they have so much money they can tie court cases up for years, all this ****ing left wing side of fixing things need to stop, it's no wonder you have vigilante groups roaming the city when the guards are out of there element.. Most guards who police the inner city are boggers from small villages in the country the only bit of crime there used to is someone tipping the local cow over... They are not equipped to protect the citizens FACT!!

Apparently the young man was down on sheriff street just to buy abit of grass, poor lad woke up this morning not knowing he'd be sleeping in a morgue tonight, tragic.. ****in scum need to be dealt with a strong hand, they have so much money they can tie court cases up for years, all this ****ing left wing side of fixing things need to stop, it's no wonder you have vigilante groups roaming the city when the guards are out of there element.. Most guards who police the inner city are boggers from small villages in the country the only bit of crime there used to is someone tipping the local cow over... They are not equipped to protect the citizens FACT!!

Yet again the farcical drugs laws in this country (and most others) puts normal people who just want to smoke a bit of weed in harms way.

Sort the drugs laws in Ireland and put the likes of these gangs completely out of business.

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Panel of three judges should put a stop to ridiculous sentencing...

Many minds etc.

Given how rampant lenient sentencing is in Ireland, I think you'd find that this would just reinforce it - those advocating harsher sentencing seem to be a minority, so you'd probably find them being overruled most of the time!

Given how rampant lenient sentencing is in Ireland, I think you'd find that this would just reinforce it - those advocating harsher sentencing seem to be a minority, so you'd probably find them being overruled most of the time!

Should minimum sentencing be introduced?

One way to solve this - legislation. Minimum sentences. By pass the liberal judges. Works for murder - why not do the same for other crimes? Have an illegal weapon? 20 years. Attempted Murder? Life - you meant to murder him/her so life. Being a scumbag? Hanging.

Sorted

Jayop wrote: »
    Yet again the farcical drugs laws in this country (and most others) puts normal people who just want to smoke a bit of weed in harms way.

Sort the drugs laws in Ireland and put the likes of these gangs completely out of business.
    The poor lad isn't even known to locals just wandering down looking for some smoke, **** me it's sickening, hope the little **** is caught, although noting will happen to him probably get a few years in a 5 star cell with steak everyday for dinner

Adolf hitler had the right idea, throw them all in a camp and work them till there fingers blister and bleed, then recycle them

Mod-Banned

Adolf hitler had the right idea, throw them all in a camp and work them till there fingers blister and bleed, then recycle them

Erm.....

That's not a line you read too often!

That's ****ed up!
    Hope the gunman gets whats obviously coming to him!

• Advertisement

Erm.....

That's not a line you read too often!

Take your head out of state run history books so! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

From RTE.IE/news ;
    A man in runners was seen running away towards Spencer Dock.

That narrows it down some!.

From RTE.IE/news ;

That narrows it down some!.

Yeah, usually runners wear runners!
    It would be equally strange if they reported a man in brogues or doc martens was Seen running away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Yeah, usually runners wear runners!
    It would be equally strange if they reported a man in brogues or doc martens was Seen running away!

I just hope he wasn't wearing MMA gloves :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

That's ****ed up!
    Hope the gunman gets whats obviously coming to him!

Ya that is ****ed up, there is people going to dodgy places all the time for a bit of weed.
    Everyday of the week in every county in Ireland.

RIP

Ya that is ****ed up, there is people going to dodgy places all the time for a bit of weed.
    Everyday of the week in every county in Ireland.

RIP

I'm an avid campaigner for legalisation even though I barely touch it myself anymore. It's totally unfair to force people to seal with these scumbags for a little hash or grass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Autonomous Cowherd

Poor young fella. It really is savage. :( Very sorry for him an his loved ones.

Get on with legalisation and rational regulation of drug supply,
    and then concentrate policing on rooting out the areas where scumbags like these people migrate to next, such as trafficking etc. Zero tolerance.

I'm an avid campaigner for legalisation even though I barely touch it myself anymore. It's totally unfair to force people to seal with these scumbags for a little hash or grass.

Which is exactly the strongest argument for legislation and taking it away from the underground .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭Augme

Pretty sure the sources said the intended target was a convicted armed robber, not the actual victim.

• Advertisement

Augme wrote: »
    Pretty sure the sources said the intended target was a convicted armed robber, not the actual victim.

I get that now.
    Intended target was an associate of Gary Hutch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement