Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,523 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The main drag. The Tenderloin. 52nd Street.

Down in Hollywood (Ry Cooder).

The Blue Highway.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,523 ✭✭✭✭Esel

What did we do before the interweb?

We went to The Big Tree that's what we did.

We took our lumps and we went home.

Straight down the Norrier.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

keith murtagh was the intended target the gunman ran towards him but in the confusion shot dead drug addict martin orourke who was just in the area to buy drugs. the chief suspect in the hit was arrested before for the murder of mad mickey devoy hes supposedly one of a number of young thugs who work as guns for hire for the kinahan crew

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Gamebred wrote: »
    The spot where he was murdered is a known heroin dealing spot,surprised there was no police on hand tbh.

When the Gardaí come round they scurry away then come back out again when they get the green light. None of them would ever have enough on them to get done for a big haul I'd imagine.

The back of our building is on Sherriff St, there is a constant track of people heading up there to buy drugs. Lads checking there little plastic bags on the way back.
    None of them ever seem to have any cigarettes, if I was to give a "smoke bud" to everyone that asked I'd have to buy an extra carton a week.

There was always an unmarked police car on that island near where the lad was shot but I've not seen one in a good few months. of course they all knew what it was but at least it would have acted as a deterrent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

IMO there should be an outcry over this chaps murder. When Shane Geoghan was murdered(another case of mistaken identity) in Limerick there was a huge turnout for his funeral and a huge public condemnation of it.As a result the Powers that be realised that the ordinary people of Limerick were not going to tolerate any more of these scum and their activities. Every elected TD, and I mean all 158, should attend that mans funeral. These drug suppliers and peddlers of misery should be hounded and not glamorised with silly nicknames in the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

A group of men and women attempted to attack a member of gardai and threatened several others within yards of the wheelie-bin where the weapon used in the murder was found.

The man then came out of the house, took off his jacket and aggressively moved towards the detective in an attempt to begin a confrontation. Several others also left their houses and shouted abuse at four gardai present.
    Salt of the earth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Salt of the earth

how dare you even need to say it.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

IMO there should be an outcry over this chaps murder. When Shane Geoghan was murdered(another case of mistaken identity) in Limerick there was a huge turnout for his funeral and a huge public condemnation of it.As a result the Powers that be realised that the ordinary people of Limerick were not going to tolerate any more of these scum and their activities. Every elected TD, and I mean all 158, should attend that mans funeral. These drug suppliers and peddlers of misery should be hounded and not glamorised with silly nicknames in the media.

When Katy french died there was an outcry and the only person ever convicted of supplying drugs that killed someone in the state happened.

Why is this?

As I said there is no will to catch the criminal gangs. They can operate and earn millions, drive flash cars etc without been caught and locked up.

There is something behind all this that's very strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

What are you smoking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

JustTheOne wrote: »
    When Katy french died there was an outcry and the only person ever convicted of supplying drugs that killed someone in the state happened.

Why is this?

As I said there is no will to catch the criminal gangs. They can operate and earn millions, drive flash cars etc without been caught and locked up.

There is something behind all this that's very strange.

Corruption at the highest levels might be the answer

galljga1 wrote: »
    What are you smoking?

Why shouldn't they attend his funeral? it's not as if they are doing anything else worthwhile at present. Or do you reckon because this poor guy had his own drug problems that he is not 'important' enough?

Why shouldn't they attend his funeral? it's not as if they are doing anything else worthwhile at present. Or do you reckon because this poor guy had his own drug problems that he is not 'important' enough?

So you reckon all current TDs should attend this guy's funeral? The mind boggles. I'd just send the Healy-Raes or maybe just a flat cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

Some enlightenment from the Sunday World, helping the hitman to get the right person next time.:rolleyes:

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/face-of-planned-target-in-botched-gangland-shooting-revealed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

septictank wrote: »
    Some enlightenment from the Sunday World, helping the hitman to get the right person next time.:rolleyes:

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/face-of-planned-target-in-botched-gangland-shooting-revealed

I think that SaorSean fella on Twitter named him as one of the Regency Hotel gunmen, if memory serves me correctly.

Actually, on doing a bit of Googling, it looks like he was suspected as a spotter in that job rather than a gunman.

Corruption at the highest levels might be the answer

Like they can arrest republicans on the word of a
    sargaent that they are members of a group under the offences against the state act.

They can be held without trial for 2 or 3 years without bail.

Why can't these gang members be rounded up under the same act in the same manner?

• Advertisement

galljga1 wrote: »
    So you reckon all current TDs should attend this guy's funeral? The mind boggles. I'd just send the Healy-Raes or maybe just a flat cap.

What I do reckon is that 'this guy' as you put it will probably end up as just another statistic in the so called gangland war. Instead of almost glorifying these scum with silly nicknames and allowing them to continue why shouldn't the TD's on our behalf march to that church for his funeral?

What I do reckon is that 'this guy' as you put it will probably end up as just another statistic in the so called gangland war. Instead of almost glorifying these scum with silly nicknames and allowing them to continue why shouldn't the TD's on our behalf march to that church for his funeral?

Personally, I see that as achieving nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Slightly off topic but I have noticed the former Ireland midfielder Graham Kavanagh is now doing boxing training with the MGM Marbella crew.

One you tube video he is joking about with Daniel Kinihan.
    I'm useless at posting links but it's a video of a bunch of amateur boxers facing off against each other.
    Kavanagh is one of them.
    Daniel Kinihan even faces off against the other teams coach at the end.

If you type "MGM Marbella" into you tube.
    It is the first video that comes up "the intense stare offs"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Why isn't Patrick Hutch's face not pixelated like the lad on the left of the picture? We all know why.......

Gutter newspaper. I'm in no doubt they're happy for the fued to continue on as long as there's a story

flanzer wrote: »
    Why isn't Patrick Hutch's face not pixelated like the lad on the left of the picture? We all know why.......

Gutter newspaper. I'm in no doubt they're happy for the fued to continue on as long as there's a story

I don't think I know exactly why? Is it cause the 2 of them have known involvement?
    Tell us why mate...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

flanzer wrote: »

There are plenty of photos of him out there with his face pixelated too...

sargaent that they are members of a group under the offences against the state act.

Why can't these gang members be rounded up under the same act in the same manner?

Maybe you need to re read the legislation so you educate yourself on what they can actually do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭6541

The Hutches are getting fairly hammered.
    I would have expected some sort of fight but it seems to be all one sided.

seems like the feud is very one sided now the regency shooting looks like a spectacular failure cant see it ending until the kinahan/byrnes wipe out northside crew

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MOD
    Can I remind ya'll that this is a discussion on the gangland shootings rather than speculation on who done what and what's going to happen next. Let's not turn this thread into a soap opera or gossip column.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

Slightly off topic but I have noticed the former Ireland midfielder Graham Kavanagh is now doing boxing training with the MGM Marbella crew.

One you tube video he is joking about with Daniel Kinihan.
    I'm useless at posting links but it's a video of a bunch of amateur boxers facing off against each other.
    Kavanagh is one of them.
    Daniel Kinihan even faces off against the other teams coach at the end.

If you type "MGM Marbella" into you tube.
    It is the first video that comes up "the intense stare offs"

Is he anything to Hatchet Kavanagh or his boxing son Jamie?

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/woman-set-up-costa-del-4181112

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Danye

Absolute rag of a paper who love a good feud. If there is no feud they'll do their best to create one. They're making as much money from crime as the criminals they write about!

It's funny how all these "crime reporters" claim to be in the know yet their stories on the same subject always differ.

Is he anything to Hatchet Kavanagh or his boxing son Jamie?

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/woman-set-up-costa-del-4181112

I don't have a clue?

Anyway how is the boxer Jamie kavanagh still involved with the K cartel if they killed his father and uncle?

I don't have a clue?

Anyway how is the boxer Jamie kavanagh still involved with the K cartel if they killed his father and uncle?

Who said "they" killed his father and his uncle?

Danye wrote: »

the media did but some also said that russians were to do with hatchets killing

• Advertisement

Goes to show they had some balls doing the regency shooting.

They really tried to take on such a huge outfit in the Kinahans, surely they knew the repercussions?

The media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

As much as I would like to see this as a possibility, it leaves the door open to a police state and its not as if we've never had a corrupt garda issue here

the media did but some also said that russians were to do with hatchets killing

So the Kinihan / Russian Mob did it together?

Sorry poster, I'm not having a go at you, but your post highlights the fact that the media know nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

IMO there should be an outcry over this chaps murder. When Shane Geoghan was murdered(another case of mistaken identity) in Limerick there was a huge turnout for his funeral and a huge public condemnation of it.As a result the Powers that be realised that the ordinary people of Limerick were not going to tolerate any more of these scum and their activities.

I agree with this, there should be an outcry but I think we all know there won't be because the bystander murdered yesterday was in an area of drug dealing and looks like he was buying drugs himself. He's a homeless guy who was in the wrong place at the wrong time but our media will just see him as collateral damage. Contrast that to Shane Geoghan in Limerick and it is worlds apart. There was public outrage over Geoghan's death and rightfully so.

But when two innocent teenagers were murdered outside the Tesco petrol station in Finglas in late 2010 there was no such outrage
    Gardaí investigating the 2010 murder of two men who were shot outside a petrol station made an arrest in the summer, the Dublin coroner has heard.
    Glen Murphy (19) and Mark Noonan (23) died when gunmen opened fire as they stopped at a petrol station outside the Tesco Clearwater Shopping Centre in Finglas, north Dublin on November 23rd 2010.
    They were there to buy cigarettes when a dark BMW pulled up and the gunmen opened fire. Mr Noonan was hit in the back of the head while Mr Murphy was shot in the head and stomach as he tried to escape.
    Neither victim was involved in organised crime and gardaí believe the murders may have been a case of mistaken identity.

Two young lads murdered because some gangland hitman put a GPS tracker on the wrong car and the two lads ended up dead. But because it happened in Finglas there was no such media outrage like there was in the case of Shane Geoghan. Once gangland moves into a middle class area then it becomes a national outcry. Also think back to the gangland murder of Noel Roche on the Clontarf Road. There was outrage at that too because it happened in Clontarf, a nice middle class area. Joe Duffy, himself a resident of Clontarf led the outrage on his radio programme. Will we hear him lead the same kind of outrage for this murder in Sherriff Street, less than a couple of miles away from Clontarf? I don't think so.

What we have here is a hierarchy of innocent victims of gangland. If you're innocent and shot in a working class/inner city area it doesn't matter. But if there is gangland murders in middle class areas then all hell breaks loose in the media, who by and large are a bunch of hypocrites.

Why is this?

There is something behind all this that's very strange

Without risking getting into tinfoil hat territory I think there is something up here too. Dissident Republicans can't sneeze without the Gardai knowing about it but these gangs appear to operate with relative impunity and they appear to know it too. Why else would they do the revenge hit on Eddie Hutch 3 days after the Regency when Dublin was supposed to be on Garda lockdown with ERU Gardai everywhere, checkpoints set up, etc, etc.

We already know that very senior Gardai in the Louth area were caught colluding with Kieran Boylan in Dundalk. Boylan was a heroin trafficker caught in 2003 and had his international hauliers licence taken off him. Then suddenly senior Gardai were lobbying the Dept of Transport for him to get it back, even giving him a character reference while he was on bail. Here's what Pat Rabbitte had to say about the Kieran Boylan/Garda collusion case when he was in opposition-
    “I am particularly concerned at the recent case involving the alleged drug dealer and Garda informant, Mr. Kieran Boylan, which should be vigorously and efficiently investigated and, if appropriate, matters should be referred to the appropriate authorities. I understand that the commission is engaged in a public interest inquiry in this matter, but there needs to be a timeframe and the report needs to be advanced urgently.

“It is not lightly that I mention the name of any citizen in this House. It has been alleged that Mr. Boylan, a drug trafficker, had a relationship with the Garda that facilitated collusion and resulted in Boylan being shielded from drugs charges by a small group of gardaí in this city. It is alleged that while working with the Garda, Mr. Boylan was trafficking drugs into this jurisdiction with the knowledge of certain members of the Garda who appear to have turned a blind eye and did all in their power to keep him out of prison.

“Questions must be answered in respect of why charges against Mr. Boylan for importing heroin and cocaine worth an estimated €1.7 million, seized at a truckers’ yard in Ardee, County Louth in the Minister’s constituency in October 2005, were dropped and a nolle prosequi entered. It is alleged the reason is that Mr. Boylan threatened to reveal details of his relationship with members of the force, which would cause embarrassment. Moreover, it has been reported that when people discovered drugs on Mr. Boylan’s premises in 2004 and reported the matter to the Garda in confidence, they were subsequently threatened by Mr. Boylan and his associates, and the Garda appears to have failed to act on the information in an appropriate or any manner at all.

So all this leads me to ask that if a small cabal of senior Gardai in Louth were colluding with a known heroin and cocaine trafficker could a small cabal of senior Gardai in Dublin be colluding with the Kinahan gang to get their heroin and cocaine safe passage? You don't need a tinfoil hat to imagine the potential of this theory, we've already seen it happen in Louth and Kinahan is no fool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

If the victim was a middle aged man on his way to work right now their would be go fund me's,marches protests the lot,nobody cares about this guy dying he has no demograph behind him that the government care about upsetting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

There is more violence in Dublin than there is in Derry City and possibly Belfast nowadays but the media tell us otherwise. My old teacher used to say how Dublin was the heroin capital of Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

There is more violence in Dublin than there is in Derry City and possibly Belfast nowadays but the media tell us otherwise. My old teacher used to say how Dublin was the heroin capital of Europe.
    Cool, anymore interesting trivia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Cool, anymore interesting trivia?

I knew a man once, he died.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

A man from the Netherlands arrested in a luxury apartment in Dublin linked to the Kinahan organised crime gang has been refused bail at Dublin District Court.

Naoufal Fassih, 36, a Dutch national of Moroccan origin, was arrested last week during a raid on the apartment on Baggot St, which gardaí believe is connected to the Kinahan gang.https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi2-bWWmJHMAhVGVRoKHcllDo4QFggmMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rte.ie%2Fnews%2F2016%2F0415%2F782018-dublin-district-court%2F&usg=AFQjCNFeCDkI_-Ifo0ITror2PEeASM-U-Q&sig2=ZJ_7UyG27mbGlrvYHZnY-w

A dutch/moroccan, false passports lots of cash, wonder how many more like him are stalking the hutches ?

And on another note, that poor lad martin o rourke shot dead yesterday, may he RIP, Not many people give a **** about him,he just a homeless person with addiction problems .But he was an innocent young man murdered for nothing, just like Shane Geoghegan, Roy Collins, Anthony Campbell, the apprentice plumber also

64-year-old Edward Nugent, who was shot dead outside his home in west Dublin last February,
    Anastasija Varslavane, a beautiful young Latvian woman, is missing in Ireland with Traveller Willie Maughan (34), who disappeared at the same time around April 14 last year. but the fact they were most likely murdered and secretly buried together should be a major issue in this State

There are countless others,maybe we should all care a bit more about them then the millionaire gangsters playing poker with peoples lives.

Something has to be done to stop this feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

you wouldnt be talking about the man in drag here would you?

Ah no, different fella altogether. He used to be Kinahans's main man on the northside and was angered by Gary Hutch's murder. A meeting was arranged and he spotted a bloke in a balaclava and legged it. Then it all kicked off and he has sworn that it will not end until Daniel is killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

Just wondering what would happen to the hitman for this botched hit? I wonder do they just release him from his contract and issue a P45;)

Amazing to think there will be more innocents killed because of gangland crime.

Could be anyone.

So the Kinihan / Russian Mob did it together?

Sorry poster, I'm not having a go at you, but your post highlights the fact that the media know nothing.

i know i was trying to show the media talk complete bull sometimes but the kinahans are in very tight with some russian and spanish gangsters on the costa del sol its not quiet clear who actually killed him but as the rumour goes a gangsters wife asked him to meet her in that bar where he was killed and a certain man from tallaght who escaped a bank robbery on horseback went looking for her after it extremely upset.

id put money on it that the kinahans killed hatchets brother though

• Advertisement

bajer101 wrote: »
    Ah no, different fella altogether. He used to be Kinahans's main man on the northside and was angered by Gary Hutch's murder. A meeting was arranged and he spotted a bloke in a balaclava and legged it. Then it all kicked off and he has sworn that it will not end until Daniel is killed.

i heard about the man in the media before swearing it wouldnt end until daniel was dead it said he was a close associate of gary hutch so i presumed it was the man in drag.. this man you speak would hardly go by the nickname mago would he?

bajer101 wrote: »

or could you be on about the man that runs the gym if so i didnt know he had picked sides this thing is getting very messed up

i know i was trying to show the media talk complete bull sometimes but the kinahans are in very tight with some russian and spanish gangsters on the costa del sol its not quiet clear who actually killed him but as the rumour goes a gangsters wife asked him to meet her in that bar where he was killed and a certain man from tallaght who escaped a bank robbery on horseback went looking for her after it extremely upset.

id put money on it that the kinahans killed hatchets brother though

Sorry gangstergossip this isn't a personal attack on you but how do you know all this?? Where are you getting it from? Genuine question?

Did you read it in the paper??

That certain man from Tallaght is supposedly still in cahoots with the Kinihan crew even after they killed his best friend! The murdered mans brother & son remained friendly and associated with the Kinihans after his murder also. Surely if the Kinihan mob murdered him they'd know more than the bloody papers and not associate with them?

Again, I'll repeat my point again, if it's that widely known the inner working of an international crime outfit, why / how are these reporters stories not consistent?

Just as an example, for David Byrnes funeral one well known crime reporter who works for UTV tweeted saying 19 limos had left the Byrne household in Crumlin to make its way to the church. Another Sunday World reporter said 11 limos left and a Daily Star reporter said 9 limos left the house. How could they get a simple thing like that wrong?

They make stories up to sell papers and make money not caring who they hurt in the process.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Just on the lad that was killed yesterday. Was it really mistaken identity or is it that he owed money, flexing their muscle etc.

If not, any idea how the mixup happened ?

Just on the lad that was killed yesterday. Was it really mistaken identity or is it that he owed money, flexing their muscle etc.

If not, any idea how the mixup happened ?

Saying mistaken identity is probably imo given a bit more credit to the gunman then he deserves,He had a target in mind,he has been named earlier in the thread,
    This lad just happened to be where the target was suppose to be and the gunman just opened up on him, didn't give a **** who it really was, not that this will make a blind bit of difference to any further attacks, as another poster said earlier who is next ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement