Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just on the lad that was killed yesterday. Was it really mistaken identity or is it that he owed money, flexing their muscle etc.

If not, any idea how the mixup happened ?

Some media reported yesterday that he was wearing the exact same jacket as the intended target. Not sure if true but the gun being found in a nearby wheelie bin smacks of amateur hour and panic to me, doesn't sound like a profeessional hit, probably more likely someone who had a debt to pay being used by the gangs to carry out the hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Just on the lad that was killed yesterday. Was it really mistaken identity or is it that he owed money, flexing their muscle etc.

If not, any idea how the mixup happened ?
    He was apparently wearing a similar coat to the intended target who was in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Danye wrote: »
    Sorry gangstergossip this isn't a personal attack on you but how do you know all this?? Where are you getting it from? Genuine question?

Did you read it in the paper??

That certain man from Tallaght is supposedly still in cahoots with the Kinihan crew even after they killed his best friend! The murdered mans brother & son remained friendly and associated with the Kinihans after his murder also. Surely if the Kinihan mob murdered him they'd know more than the bloody papers and not associate with them?

Again, I'll repeat my point again, if it's that widely known the inner working of an international crime outfit, why / how are these reporters stories not consistent?

Just as an example, for David Byrnes funeral one well known crime reporter who works for UTV tweeted saying 19 limos had left the Byrne household in Crumlin to make its way to the church. Another Sunday World reporter said 11 limos left and a Daily Star reporter said 9 limos left the house. How could they get a simple thing like that wrong?

They make stories up to sell papers and make money not caring who they hurt in the process.

That's it mate in a nutshell. That's what made that seansaor fella so good,Anyway once its not interfering to much with normal Ireland the government's dont really give a fiddlers, now if that shooting had happened in the IFSC centre itself and not around a corner in a different world there be uproar and immediate action taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

Danye wrote: »
    Sorry gangstergossip this isn't a personal attack on you but how do you know all this?? Where are you getting it from? Genuine question?

Did you read it in the paper??

That certain man from Tallaght is supposedly still in cahoots with the Kinihan crew even after they killed his best friend! The murdered mans brother & son remained friendly and associated with the Kinihans after his murder also. Surely if the Kinihan mob murdered him they'd know more than the bloody papers and not associate with them?

Again, I'll repeat my point again, if it's that widely known the inner working of an international crime outfit, why / how are these reporters stories not consistent?

Just as an example, for David Byrnes funeral one well known crime reporter who works for UTV tweeted saying 19 limos had left the Byrne household in Crumlin to make its way to the church. Another Sunday World reporter said 11 limos left and a Daily Star reporter said 9 limos left the house. How could they get a simple thing like that wrong?

They make stories up to sell papers and make money not caring who they hurt in the process.

i get some of it from the media some from reliableish sources take nothing as fact just the same as you would the papers. When a journalist with a very good source gets a story the rest of the media jump on it change a few details and print it themselves most of the time its bull but these guys do fall out a lot of the time and get back talking because of the amount of money they can make together.Im not sure they killed hatchet is what i was saying as you said his son is still friendly with them which would be extremly ****ed up if they did kill him but i do think they had his uncle killed. im going to post a link now about his hit if you read the bottom of it it talks about him and his friend from tallaght trying to collect a debt from a guy in dublin maybe this is what it was over.As im i new user i cant post links so copy and paste and take out the spaces and it should be ok

www. irishmirror. ie/news/irish -news/crime/ woman-set-up-costa-de l-4181112

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Some media reported yesterday that he was wearing the exact same jacket as the intended target. Not sure if true but the gun being found in a nearby wheelie bin smacks of amateur hour and panic to me, doesn't sound like a profeessional hit, probably more likely someone who had a debt to pay being used by the gangs to carry out the hit.

it was meant to be the same guy who killed mad mickey from ballymun and hes from that area any number of safe houses he could go to and with the gun been dumped in a bin it dont matter where it was dumped once theres no dna on it he will get off scott free again

Why would the hitter keep the gun ? its no good to anyone else and there is no shortage of them ,most guns used in professional hits as far as i know are left there, If your caught with a gun used in a previous shooting/murder you have lot more on your plate than whatever you been arrested for..The hitter escaped was most likely doubled gloved ,get rid of gun and clothes asap and you have a chance even if stopped later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

He had a speaking part in Borstal Boy!

He had a speaking part in Borstal Boy!

must of been hoping the judge was a fan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

A crowd that seems to be very quiet of late is the Dundon gang in Limerick and Limerick gangs in general.

Do they have any links with what's going on my on now with the Hutch gang ?

• Advertisement

A crowd that seems to be very quiet of late is the Dundon gang in Limerick and Limerick gangs in general.

All the Dundons are locked up doing long sentences bar one, Of course the gangs in limerick are still there and still making there thousands of euros every week , What happened in limerick was the underworld of gang violence spiraled out of control,mainly due to the dundon, and started to encroach on normal society, It took a while but the government's weren't having any of that, so now its more or less back to normal with everybody back in there boxs.

Don't know of any links to hutches or kinahan's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Why would the hitter keep the gun ? its no good to anyone else and there is no shortage of them ,most guns used in professional hits as far as i know are left there, If your caught with a gun used in a previous shooting/murder you have lot more on your plate than whatever you been arrested for..The hitter escaped was most likely doubled gloved ,get rid of gun and clothes asap and you have a chance even if stopped later on.

The only thing that surprised me is that Sherrif St is about 100 yards from the Liffey, surprised the hitman didn't head towards the river and dump the gun there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,601 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

kfallon wrote: »
    The only thing that surprised me is that Sherrif St is about 100 yards from the Liffey, surprised the hitman didn't head towards the river and dump the gun there.

They'd have to traverse through ifsc area which is fully covered by manned 24 hour CCTV. Also there's no report of an escape vehicle other than the dumped bicycle, maybe he'd a safe house to go to in the immediate area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭Augme

I don't think I've ever heard of a gun being recovered at any other of the major gangland hits. To me the smart thing to do would be to take it with you and get rid of it somewhere that it's very unlikely to be found.

yea all the dundons are locked up bar one but christy keanes son liam was recently released from prison and associates of the dundons tried to kill his father not long ago so things couls start heating back up again.

in dublin news fat freddie was stopped by gardai dressed in drag with a bullet proof vest in the drimnagh area he must be very paranoid about been taking out pressure could be getting to him

Augme wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever heard of a gun being recovered at any other of the major gangland hits. To me the smart thing to do would be to take it with you and get rid of it somewhere that it's very unlikely to be found.

taking the gun with you afterwards would be asking for trouble if there stopped after a hit with the gun there getting done for murder, most leave the gun in the getaway car and set it on fire no dna no case. the gun the guards found in the bin the other day more than likely will have no prints or dna on it and the guards wont be able to link it to anybody

the herald are claiming today that the gunman who killed martin orourke by mistake is actually good friends with the main players in the hutch mob, he grew up in the area and would have known murtagh and the rest of the main players since he was a kid.They are claiming he took up a 100 grand contract from a close associate of david byrne to kill murtagh the associate more than likely been liam byrne. they say the hitman is closely connected to a gang of young thugs from the darndale coolock area and a key member of that crew was arrested in a major operation by the organised crime unit. tipperary raid ring any bells people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

the herald are claiming today that the gunman who killed martin orourke by mistake is actually good friends with the main players in the hutch mob, he grew up in the area and would have known murtagh and the rest of the main players since he was a kid.They are claiming he took up a 100 grand contract from a close associate of david byrne to kill murtagh the associate more than likely been liam byrne. they say the hitman is closely connected to a gang of young thugs from the darndale coolock area and a key member of that crew was arrested in a major operation by the organised crime unit. tipperary raid ring any bells people

That doesn't make sense. If he knew Murtagh so well, how did he shoot the wrong guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Guards are being being brought to Dublin from around the country (on overtime) for the next 5 days. Not sure if its a show of presence or to prevent something more sinister.

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    That doesn't make sense. If he knew Murtagh so well, how did he shoot the wrong guy?

i was thinking the same but apparently according to some media they were wearing the same jacket and both went to run when they seen the gun man and martin orourke ended up inbetween murtagh and the gunman when he opened fire. makes sense they knew each other though the gunman was didnt have a car he was on a bike and dumped it near by and made his escape on foot had to have been from the area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

Augme wrote: »

Sell it to someone from the other gang and then they go down for the hit you committed too.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/rival-gangs-hunting-hitman-who-7766385

The Irish Mirror are saying both gangs want the hitman killed. If true, this eejit may as well hand himself in.

sunday world claiming today the hitman was told murtagh was wearing a blue jacket so he opened fire on 3 guys in blue jackets what great logic he had

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

sunday world claiming today the hitman was told murtagh was wearing a blue jacket so he opened fire on 3 guys in blue jackets what great logic he had

Sunday World you say??!! Has to be true so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

Sunday World you say??!! Has to be true so.

The written equivalent of "a lad in the pub told me..." :pac:

Still, a stopped clock is right twice a day!

• Advertisement

Nicola Tallant getting all arrogant and hot-headed over on her twitter account at anybody who dares to suggest that she bends the truth to sell papers!:D:D

Nicola Tallant getting all arrogant and hot-headed over on her twitter account at anybody who dares to suggest that she bends the truth to sell papers!:D:D

I heard her on the radio the other day. She was under fair pressure stringing her story together. Lots of "umm.....silence....ah.....well...."

they would write anything to fill a page what a fella tells you in the pub is more reliable than whats printed in the paper 100 percent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

Somebody should ask her why the following article of hers was removed from the Sunday World the day after Duggan's murder:

"Criminal veteran Duggan says Gilligan has angered Gangland"

if i didnt know any better id say nicola tallant had a thing with duggan she was distraught at his death

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

if i didnt know any better id say nicola tallant had a thing with duggan she was distraught at his death
    Save that stuff for gossip columns. As noted earlier in the thread, this is not a place for speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Is it just me or do they seem to have a 24/48 page pullout every Sunday about Dublin's 'criminal underworld' in that rag? I mean how much can happen from one week to the next to warrant it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Is it just me or do they seem to have a 24/48 page pullout every Sunday about Dublin's 'criminal underworld' in that rag? I mean how much can happen from one week to the next to warrant it? :confused:

They're tackling the bigger issues.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/jailhouse-choc-fat-freddie-thompson-3630982

HaHa, I can't remember if it was the Sunday World or one of the other rags running a story a few weeks ago about how Liam Keane from Limerick turned into an obese fatty during his time in jail. Then he was pictured about two days after his release looking exactly the same weight as when he entered the jail seven or eight years ago. I think if these papers do actually have "informers" they're just having a laugh with them, Feeding them rubbish and then getting a kick out of it when it's printed as the gospel in the paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

when is Brian Meehan due to be released I know he got life in 98

will it be a 20\25 year sentence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭Augme

Lots when you're making it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

God, they'll have a field day with that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I wouldn't think they would keep the gun after a hit, more likely bring it to somewhere (or pass it to someone) for its immediate disposal, something like burying it on wasteland.

As for throwing it in a wheelie bin just a few hundred yards from the scene of the crime I don't think thats very smart to allow the Gardai a chance of getting DNA or doing ballistics tests from it. Also the Gardai did good work by finding it so quickly which would allow them to figure out which direction he headed after the hit. With that knowledge they can concentrate on gathering CCTV from . specific streets and businesses in the direction he headed. If he escaped by the North Strand for example then something as simple as a Dublin Bus passing by 5-10 minutes after the murder might have him on the busses forward or rear facing CCTV.

If he really had to get rid of the gun that quick the canal would have been a better bet, the Gardai were always going to check the local wheelie bins for evidence but its probably not likely they would have called out the Sub Aqua unit to scour the canal on a pure punt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I wouldn't think they would keep the gun after a hit, more likely bring it to somewhere (or pass it to someone) for its immediate disposal, something like burying it on wasteland.

As for throwing it in a wheelie bin just a few hundred yards from the scene of the crime I don't think thats very smart to allow the Gardai a chance of getting DNA or doing ballistics tests from it. Also the Gardai did good work by finding it so quickly which would allow them to figure out which direction he headed after the hit. With that knowledge they can concentrate on gathering CCTV from . specific streets and businesses in the direction he headed. If he escaped by the North Strand for example then something as simple as a Dublin Bus passing by 5-10 minutes after the murder might have him on the busses forward or rear facing CCTV.

If he really had to get rid of the gun that quick the canal would have been a better bet, the Gardai were always going to check the local wheelie bins for evidence but its probably not likely they would have called out the Sub Aqua unit to scour the canal on a pure punt.
    The hitmen in the Sopranos always dropped their guns at the scene as they walked calmly out. I guess they were professional enough and confident enough to know that the cops would get nothing from it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

RainyDay wrote: »
    The hitmen in the Sopranos always dropped their guns at the scene as they walked calmly out. I guess they were professional enough and confident enough to know that the cops would get nothing from it.

The Sopranos :rolleyes: SMH

• Advertisement

could be any day now a lot of lifers do get out after 16 17 years i seen he had an appeal going which would always throw a spanner in the works but since thats gone he could be released at any stage

could be any day now a lot of lifers do get out after 16 17 years i seen he had an appeal going which would always throw a spanner in the works but since thats gone he could be released at any stage

was it not his appeal that got turned down today?

Edit: Yes Great result for gardai, great result for us' - Brother of Veronica Guerin speaks after Brian Meehan fails in murder conviction appeal
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/great-result-for-gardai-great-result-for-us-brother-of-veronica-guerin-speaks-after-brian-meehan-fails-in-murder-conviction-appeal-34636976.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Gamebred wrote: »
    The Sopranos :rolleyes: SMH

Go shake your head at the Sopranos and the Godfather and Slate if you like

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2007/06/leave_the_gun_take_the_cannoli.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

There's been a bit of talk about the gunman dropping the gun in a bin. They will always be disposed of as quickly as possible. They are one time use items that can never be used again. As long as the necessary precautions have been taken there is no need to hold onto the gun once the shooting has occurred. The gun should just be dropped. It doesn't matter whether it is put into a bin or dropped into a canal or buried. There will be no fingerprints or DNA. More care should be taken about disposing of the two pairs of gloves and the clothing. Guns are often left in the first getaway car that is burnt out purely as a matter of convenience. The guns are irrelevant at that stage and only used to prove that it was that gun that was used to commit the shooting. Fingerprints and DNA are never recovered from the gun. Gloves and clothes with DNA or GSR are disposed of and completely destroyed elsewhere. No one gives a shít about the gun being found. And when you see a newspaper writing an article (as has happened in this case) about the Gardai being confident of finding DNA evidence, you can be sure that the "journalist" hasn't a clue and is just making shít up.

was it not his appeal that got turned down today?

Edit: Yes Great result for gardai, great result for us' - Brother of Veronica Guerin speaks after Brian Meehan fails in murder conviction appeal

yea it was a few people i know that ended up inside and appealed there sentence told me that if you have an appeal going you wont be released until the appeal is over but with the amount of time he has served he could be released any day now especially since his appeal is gone if he had not of appealed he may have been released already but because his was such a high profile crime they may make him serve his sentence to the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

yea it was a few people i know that ended up inside and appealed there sentence told me that if you have an appeal going you wont be released until the appeal is over but with the amount of time he has served he could be released any day now especially since his appeal is gone if he had not of appealed he may have been released already but because his was such a high profile crime they may make him serve his sentence to the day

what would "to the day" mean then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

what would "to the day" mean then?

Until his actual release date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Juan8 wrote: »
    Until his actual release date

does he even have one?

does he even have one?

no sorry he actually does not have a release date a lifer is reviewed by a parole board after they serve 7 years then every so often after that to see if they have mended their ways and are remorseful bout their crime but since he appealed he is showing he is not accepting his guilt so parole could be a long way off. the final decision on weather a lifer can be released lies with the minister and i dont think they would want the bad press of releasing the only man convicted of veronica guerins murder

• Advertisement

I would think it be quite a while before BM gets out, while usually a lifer can look forward to getting out after say 17/18 years,in some cases here the convicted have done up to 30 years,mostly in crimes that have really shook the state.The killing of veronica gurren did that.

In 2015, there were around 350 people serving life sentences in Irish prisons and another 76 ‘lifers’ walking the streets.

As we’re all too familiar with, a life sentence in Ireland does not mean life behind bars, with the average life sentence lasting approximately 18 years. But there are a handful for whom the term has encapsulated most of their lives.

The Dock brings you seven of these longest serving prisoners.
    http://courtsnewsireland.ie/7-irelands-longest-serving-prisoners-3/2016/02/03/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement