Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Simon2015 wrote: »
    Ireland is becoming more and more like Mexico every day at this rate it won't be long before we become a failed state.

I think its time they put the army out on the streets to deal with these scumbags.

Yeah well up there with acapulco

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Ireland is becoming more and more like Mexico every day at this rate it won't be long before we become a failed state.

I think its time they put the army out on the streets to deal with these scumbags.

It's nothing like Mexico, The Mexican police would wipe these gangs out over night and ask questions later, In this country they need to get the go ahead to use pepper spray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Our useless gardai haven't upped their game to reflect the more dangerous times. In fact, it's deliberate. They're moaning about their lack of wages, and are on a work to rule as a result. Paralysis has set in

Useless Government's are the problem, not the Guards. Sure recruitment was stopped for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Should just nuke Dublin altogether tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

magma69 wrote: »
    Should just nuke Dublin altogether tbh.

Here here. Best idea ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

FalconGirl wrote: »
    Useless Government's are the problem, not the Guards. Sure recruitment was stopped for years.

Useless government, and guards who are let decide whether to bother their @rse or not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Our useless gardai haven't upped their game to reflect the more dangerous times. In fact, it's deliberate. They're moaning about their lack of wages, and are on a work to rule as a result. Paralysis has set in

Quick! Put the silver foil over your head before they start reading your thoughts!

Our "useless" Gardai are under resourced and badly managed... Are they on a "work to rule"?

Can we have some facts please? Or at least, support your wild ramblings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,537 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Midnight for a release of the name on Sunday World/Irish Independent?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Midnight for a release of the name on Sunday World/Irish Independent?

Fairly commonly known who the dead person is. Google is a good tool!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

I'm glad you're not in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Simon says:

"lets talk bollox"

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Capone79

I'm sick of the Hutch gang getting hit, they need to strike back very soon!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Probably not related to that at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

BBC reporting that the victim is from Tyrone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Simply Red wrote: »
    BBC reporting that the victim is from Tyrone

Aye, what aboyt him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

The guy with the flatcap at the Regency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Reports of a second shooting in Clondalkin.

M

SB_Part2 wrote: »

At this stage that would be nostalgic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Do you feel personally threatened by gangland shootings? I know I don't .....yeah I could get caught in a crossfire, I could also get hit by a bus ....I'll sleep tonight

• Advertisement

Indo are reporting a man has been shot in Clondalkin now

M

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Do you feel personally threatened by gangland shootings? I know I don't .....yeah I could get caught in a crossfire, I could also get hit by a bus ....I'll sleep tonight

I'd be more worried about additional political corruption impacting on my daily life, at least when the Nigerian politicians did corruption they took billions, the fooking brain dead fooks in this country took hundreds of thousands for impacts on the public worth billions, fooking worthless fooks in life in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Man shot multiple times in Kilcronin estate according to twitter .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

It really is getting like the wild west in Dublin. Yet we have do gooders trying to claim that violent crime is going down.

Its getting beyond a joke at this stage.

The government need to take decisive action and deal with these scumbags once and for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

is the clondalkin shooting related to the feud?

RTE have said the second man has died

Let them kill each other, who gives a ****. They don't come near decent areas.

2 scroungers shot, people should be toasting a glass tonight.probably save the state a good few Bob a year in dole payments aswell!

As someone else said why would anyone feel unsafe, the hitmen seem pretty accurate bar the near miss in finglas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Shooting members of dissident republican groups is going to bring this feud to a whole new level.

M

schizo1014 wrote: »
    RTE have said the second man has died

And the usual brutal RTÉ and Gardaí level of reporting describing the car as a Mercedes, BMW or Audi with no model data whatsover, if it was a Toyota Corolla or Ford Focus they would report that in full.
    A car believed to be linked to the earlier shooting has also been found burnt-out nearby on the Walsh Rd in Drumcondra. It is understood it was an Audi.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0425/784215-shooting-dublin-city/

STB. wrote: »
    Shooting members of dissident republican groups is going to bring this feud to a whole new level.

Who said the person was from a dissident group? You..
    Not everyone from up north is a member and even if they are they hold minimal sway down here.

• Advertisement

Not everyone from up north is a member and even if they are they hold minimal sway down here.

Are you alright there pal.

The papers say it. I already know his name from what the papers have released.

He was arrested for IRA membership so... Yeah

STB. wrote: »
    Are you alright there pal.

The papers say it. I already know his name from what the papers have released.

What papers, I can't see any references online to your comments. Please provide? Cheers

Well this guy is.
    I think you will find dissident groups to be very active in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Timistry

Got a text about this just after it happened. I was in the area all weekend staying with my brother and friends. Caught a taxi just outside the Sunset house last night too...

bubblypop wrote: »
    Well this guy is.

A senior member of the huch gang according to the papers, their goose is Cooked at this stage anyway. You think the ra, whatever exists of them will want to take on the kinehins sp

Let them kill each other, who gives a ****. They don't come near decent areas.

So let innocents who live in these bad areas get caught in the cross fire? Think before ye speak for f*ck sake.

So let innocents who live in these bad areas get caught in the cross fire? Think before ye speak for f*ck sake.

As I said they seem to be decent enough shots bar the kid in finglas. This isn't Compton with drive by shootings

I am not going to grab any of the specific ones as they single him out so I guess you need to look for a headline where Detectives broke up a dissident IRA meeting in Dublin, last year.

• Advertisement
    M

Timistry wrote: »
    Got a text about this just after it happened. I was in the area all weekend staying with my brother and friends. Caught a taxi just outside the Sunset house last night too...

Is there a good pint in the Sunset House?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

A senior member of the huch gang according to the papers, their goose is Cooked at this stage anyway. You think the ra, whatever exists of them will want to take on the kinehins sp
    They have to or they'll be finished.

bubblypop wrote: »
    Well this guy is.

You will find there is a difference between drug dealers claiming they are dissidents to actual IRA members. Dissident's don't exist in Dublin, a few drug dealers doing favours for some boys in armagh does not make a dissident

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Would you be willing to get shot by some prick who thinks that they are a gangster for 23k a year starting salary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Would you be willing to get shot by some prick who thinks that they are a gangster for 23k a year starting salary?

Ah yes. That old chestnut again. Don't enrol for the gardai if you're not going to do the job for the price advertised. I agree that it is a very scabby wage, but if you are in, you do the job, or else get out, and take up employment paying more

Cool_CM wrote: »

That's really a missleading figure. Most people in the private sector work well over 9-5, this "overtime" in the gardai would bring you well over 30k starting. Gardai at any level are well paid once you take this bull**** starting salary and actually analyse it.

I worked till 9am-10 pm every day last week, do you think I get overtime, in my hole I do. This is private sector this is reality.

Let's see a 23k garda work that overtime and see how much it ends up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Ah yes. That old chestnut again. Don't enrol for the gardai if you're not going to do the job for the price advertised. I agree that it is a very scabby wage, but if you are in, you do the job, or else get out, and take up employment paying more

How are you going to change the 'useless' Gardaí if you don't encourage the right people to join? How are you going to encourage the right people to join if you don't pay them a wage that reflects the ****e they have to deal with on a daily basis?

M

And the usual brutal RTÉ and Gardaí level of reporting describing the car as a Mercedes, BMW or Audi with no model data whatsover, if it was a Toyota Corolla or Ford Focus they would report that in full.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0425/784215-shooting-dublin-city/

Sherlock Holmes probably gone to bed so I will do his work based on basic web news from today, could it be the missing Audi A6 that's been broadcast wall to wall all day over radio and news sites?

http://www.thejournal.ie/paralympian-adapted-car-stolen-2734970-Apr2016/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Timistry

Was told to avoid the place like the plague...

Yes. Particularly when the Dub's beat Kerry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Another murder Clondalkin. This is crazy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement