Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

As I said they seem to be decent enough shots bar the kid in finglas. This isn't Compton with drive by shootings

My sister my nephew and my uncle all live in kilcronan. I'm hoping I don't get a phone call during the night. I hope you sleep well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,523 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Sherlock Holmes probably gone to bed so I will do his work based on basic web news from today, could it be the missing Audi A6 that's been broadcast wall to wall all day over radio and news sites?

http://www.thejournal.ie/paralympian-adapted-car-stolen-2734970-Apr2016/

Unlikely. Getaway cars are normally 'sourced' well before use.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Esel wrote: »
    Unlikely. Getaway cars are normally 'sourced' well before use.

Yes looks to be a silver A6 rather than the black that was reportred stolen earlier...
    A silver coloured Audi A6 car, with a partial registration 04C, was later recovered on Walsh Road, Drumcondra, Dublin 9 and has been seized for technical examination.

http://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-shooting-man-dead-2735363-Apr2016/

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Would you be willing to get shot by some prick who thinks that they are a gangster for 23k a year starting salary?

Ganstas start on 23K a year these days? :)

Can you buy yourself out, like in the army?

Is there "dyin' sick" pay?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Michael Barr named as the first victim in the indo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

As I said they seem to be decent enough shots bar the kid in finglas. This isn't Compton with drive by shootings

As someone who knew Shane Geoghegan well, I can say that not only are you completely wrong, you're also a truly horrible human.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

I'm going out on a limb here and guessing the second lad shot was Magoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

bad thing to say but i really hope the hutches strike back the kinahan crewis to powerful for the state to take down they have more power than the provos in their hay day

"Thirty is a dangerous age, Cynthia."

That's the name of a film, in case anyone thinks I know anything.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

lol sunset house, absolute kip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Capone79

The Kinahan gang are gonna bite off more than they can chew! Next thing there will be car bombs and we know who will win that one! It's just horrific that innocent people will get caught up in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

I don't condone all these shootings but the monk seems to be the only one standing up to the Kinahan crew. He must be confident in himself to take them on. Pity this is real life and people are losing their lives though, if it were a storyline in a tv show it would be worth watching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

LaVail wrote: »
    I don't condone all these shootings but the monk seems to be the only one standing up to the Kinahan crew.

Is he though? AFAIK he had no involvement in the Regency hit and has made no subsequent attempt to hit back at the Kinahans, even after his brother was killed. IMO the best thing that could happen now is for the Kinahans to decide the Regency debt is paid and drop it. Is there any informed speculation regarding their overall game plan, assuming they can't get at Gerry Hutch himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

What is this "Add your reply here" thing? I've seen it quite a bit in the last few days and still not worked out what it's about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Samaris wrote: »
    What is this "Add your reply here" thing? I've seen it quite a bit in the last few days and still not worked out what it's about.

Is it something to do with the new layout

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

I dunno, I don't seem to particularly have the new layout that's been mentioned in that site banner. At least, everything looks the same to me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,231 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Timistry wrote: »
    Got a text about this just after it happened. I was in the area all weekend staying with my brother and friends. Caught a taxi just outside the Sunset house last night too...

Wow! You should write a book about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Got a text about this just after it happened. I was in the area all weekend staying with my brother and friends. Caught a taxi just outside the Sunset house last night too...

Close call eh.

double post.

• Advertisement

Close call eh.

You will find there is a difference between drug dealers claiming they are dissidents to actual IRA members. Dissident's don't exist in Dublin, a few drug dealers doing favours for some boys in armagh does not make a dissident

Dissidents don't exist in Dublin?
    Your gas!

They most certainly do, in fact this particular dead dissident was supposed to be in the special criminal court this Thursday, for a sentencing hearing.
    Trials in the special criminal court are being listed for 18 months later, that's how busy it is, there is in fact a 2nd special criminal court opening soon to relieve the pressure on the one.

So, maybe you know a few lads who like to pretend to be in the Ra, but there are many members of dissident organisations in Dublin, and throughout the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

Close call eh.

Think you've made your point now.:rolleyes:

WarZ, any clues to who Magoo is apart from maybe he wears big glasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

There is definetly certain people on the take. These gangs are two steps ahead of the law.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

septictank wrote: »
    Think you've made your point now.:rolleyes:

WarZ, any clues to who Magoo is apart from maybe he wears big glasses.

Do you mean Maggo/Mago? His name is well known and has been in a number of papers.

spurious wrote: »
    Do you mean Maggo/Mago? His name is well known and has been in a number of papers.

Google time, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Don't thinks it mago cause guards are saying its not related to the current feud. I'd say it could be related to the d22 gang or even one of the Freeman's.

Silly question I know but why are the Gardai not watching the pubs these people frequent the area these people are operating in is very small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Silly question I know but why are the Gardai not watching the pubs these people frequent the area these people are operating in is very small

Not a silly question.

I think it's an obvious answer why their not.

spurious wrote: »

Your right Mago not Mr Magoo.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Paul Williams is pulling himself raw over the latest shootings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Paul Williams is pulling himself raw over the latest shootings.

Another opportunity to appear on the Late Late this Friday perhaps? RTE will have him on something in the coming days no doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Close call eh.

Edit, delete. It's that easy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Close call eh.
    24 hours is hardly a ''close call'' in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

chillin117 wrote: »
    24 hours is hardly a ''close call'' in fairness
    Whoosh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Our useless gardai haven't upped their game to reflect the more dangerous times. In fact, it's deliberate. They're moaning about their lack of wages, and are on a work to rule as a result. Paralysis has set in

The Gardaí are given the bare minimum of resources to do their job. For example. the driver of the first patrol car to respond to the Regency shooting had no advanced or blue-light driver training.

The first guard to deal with the recent Buncrana drowning tragedy was first offered counselling three days after the event - all the other emergency services involved that night would have had stress debriefings for their members.

They can't even email attachments to each other. It's pretty hard to up your game when you've nothing to work with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

ectoraige wrote: »
    The Gardaí are given the bare minimum of resources to do their job. For example. the driver of the first patrol car to respond to the Regency shooting had no advanced or blue-light driver training.

The first guard to deal with the recent Buncrana drowning tragedy was first offered counselling three days after the event - all the other emergency services involved that night would have had stress debriefings for their members.

They can't even email attachments to each other. It's pretty hard to up your game when you've nothing to work with.
    It's one of the striking differences between the PSNI and AGS. Go into any area in NI no matter how rural, and police will be armed and in unmarked bullet proof Insignias. Contrast that with the guards and their 20 year old corolla.

Obviously there's a whole different level of policing needed in NI but even for the likes of Dublin it seems proper investment is lacking

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Excuse my ignorance about this matter but I understand that it has been another one of Hutch's associates that has been assasinated. Am I right in saying that it was the Hutch's who owed their enemy a bullet? Is that not how these things work?

The kenehan's seem to be on another level of viscous and ruthless..

M

ectoraige wrote: »

They are a good 20 years behind where they need to be, working so much harder to do basic tasks that could be done so much quicker with technology. It must be frustrating to see how **** they are equipt when they see the tools their counterparts in the UK have. The funny thing is that technology would actually save millions, not cost millions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance about this matter but I understand that it has been another one of Hutch's associates that has been assasinated. Am I right in saying that it was the Hutch's who owed their enemy a bullet? Is that not how these things work?

This is pretty much a tit for tat affair. If you want to see ruthless, go look at what some of the Mexican cartels are doing. If I p1ssed a cartel off, they would have no problem killing me, my family, my uncles, aunties, friends, work colleagues etc. We are lucky we don't have that here - yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

They are a good 20 years behind where they need to be, working so much harder to do basic tasks that could be done so much quicker with technology. It must be frustrating to see how **** they are equipt when they see the tools their counterparts in the UK have. The funny thing is that technology would actually save millions, not cost millions.

What type of equitment could have stopped last night happening for example?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,558 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

BattleCorp wrote: »
    This is pretty much a tit for tat affair. If you want to see ruthless, go look at what some of the Mexican cartels are doing. If I p1ssed a cartel off, they would have no problem killing me, my family, my uncles, aunties, friends, work colleagues etc. We are lucky we don't have that here - yet.
    Not much tit for tat about it..... I make it 5-1 to the Kinahans to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

I strongly doubt Kinahan snr is sanctioning these murders

It cant be good for " Buisness "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Yeah it's a bugger pouring a Kinahan down the sink alright.:p

Like I said earlier, you'd wonder at what point they decide they've got their revenge for the Regency. Are they going to keep on taking out 'Hutch associates' till the end of time?

M

What type of equitment could have stopped last night happening for example?

3 simple ones to start with...
    • Freeing up Gardaí from doing mundane desk work that could have all been done with either computers in the patrol car or tablet computers out in the field.
    • Tracking of all mobile phone activity of known criminals and their associates to see what area they are in and police that area accordingly.
    • ANPR throughout the motorways and Dublin city would track curently stolen and cars currently being chased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

I strongly doubt Kinahan snr is sanctioning these murders

It cant be good for " Buisness "

I would also assume he has nothing to do with all this and it's prob the likes of the fat Freddie and the Byrne fella ordering these shootings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Augme

I drove past the Sunset house about 6 months ago. This close brush with death has given me a new lease of life.

Yeah it's a bugger pouring a Kinahan down the sink alright.:p

Like I said earlier, you'd wonder at what point they decide they've got their revenge for the Regency. Are they going to keep on taking out 'Hutch associates' till the end of time?

I would say Gerry is the prize

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I'd have thought that revenge was fuelling the Hutch gang moreso than the Kinihan gang. The Kinihan's are extinguishing a serious threat to their business interests.

That attack last night was interesting. It shows a good level of intelligence gathering and audaciousness.
    To get assassins into that area, get a kill and get out at such a time of heightened alertness was really quite something.

I read somewhere recently that when the Kinihan's attended their mothers funeral there was up to 100 local people hired as spotters for any intended attack.

Been very one sided this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

What next

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement