Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

seerscryer wrote: »
    The person who allegedly made that comment to the Gardai was Gately, one of the ERU shooters who perpetrated the Regency Hotel attack! What amazes me is why the perpetrators have not been arrested as the Gardai know almost everything concerning the attack!

Incidentally, it is believed that there were undercover Gardai at the Regency Hotel attack. Although in fairness they were unarmed and could not have done anything to apprehend the perpetrators. Although this belies the comments made by the Garda Commissioner in the aftermath of the shooting, if indeed she knew of these undercover Gardai?

it wouldnt surprise me if there were undercover gardai at it seen as the sunday world were talking about all the cartel members that would be at the hotel weeks before it happened, maybe thats why there is no arrests been made would be very embarrassing for the guards if the attack happened rigth in front of there undercover officers and they escaped then as well. From your sources were the 3 shooters in garda gear then gately rb and gf?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

I thought RB and F bros sided with kinahan side? That's what a paper claimed other day and we're on opposite side of Gatley?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boom_Bap View Post
    MOD
    No. Even if this is a joke, we will not agree that someone needs to be murdered and that type of discussion is not tolerated.
    Apologies, I'm just sick of one side being battered. I hate bullies.All this prob wouldn't have happened if Gary Hutch wasn't murdered by his so called associates!

I personally do not see a good side here nor do I see a "bully"! My understanding of the situation is that the feud started when a ex boxer by the name of Jamie Moore was shot it the grounds of Kinahan's son's villa, allegedly by Patrick Hutch, the younger brother of Gary Hutch, who was later allegedly, the "drag queen" assailant at the Regency Hotel attack!

This was, as I understand to be the actually beginning of this so called "feud". Later it has been suggested that when the Kinahans realised that the earstwhile friend Gary Hutch had actually been involved in what it now seems the Kinahan faction believe was a murder attempt on Daniel Kinahan, he was murdered. Furthermore, there was a second murder attempt on Daniel Kinahan at a boxing event at the Red Cow Hotel, although the newpapers (in their wisdom) reported this as a murder attempt on Liam Roe (who was not actually in attendance on the night).

Finally it would appear that the Regency Hotel attack (If indeed the former reports are true) was the third attempt on the life of Daniel Kinahan. I would see this as sufficient provocation if one was a criminal drug dealing gang to try to eradicate your enemies! What I think the question should be, who was really behind the initial attack, because I cannot believe that Gary Hutch or Patrick Hutch conspired on their own to attempt to murder Kinahan, who had by all accounts been very close with Gary Hutch! Does anyone have an opinion on this?
    Kinahan Senior, hasn't met Gerry "the Monk" Hutch in more than 14 years according to the reports that I have seen. There was no deal reached between Christy Kinahan and Gerry Hutch! But there are reports that Christy Kinahan met with Patsy and Johnny Hutch in an airport in Spain to de escalate things after the Red Cow attempt on his son's life.

My reports say that it is believed that Kinahan was of the opinion that everyone was to meet in attempt to resolve their differences and that there would be a cease fire until this meeting took place, the meeting, I believe happened in January of this year. It came as a great shock to him by all accounts when the Regency Hotel attack was perpetrated.

Futhermore, contrary to all newspaper reports no money was ever received by the Kinahan's from the Hutchs for any reason. This was what they said in a statement to the Sunday Times newspaper and it was circulated as factual and still is!
    POA is correct Kinahan snr., born in London. Went to school in a catholic high school in Greenford. Family came back to Ireland in 71, he went to O'Connell's CBS Ballybough. Studied Open University in Prison, as the PO would know! Won a scholarship to TCD studying Single honours Psychology in 1991 on his release from Prison.

Kinahan senior was extradited to Belgium to finish off a 4 year prison sentence for money laundering in 2011 was released in 2013 and is still living in Spain despite reports to the contrary. He was spotted two weeks ago by Spanish undercover police having breakfast near Puerto Banus with his buddy John Cunningham. He was again spotted in a golf course club house the following day. However, they lost him and he has gone to ground, whereabouts unknown. Why can the newspapers not research their articles and give us the facts 60% of this info is a matter of public record perhaps even more!!!

Lastly, conspiracy theory concerning "RB" who is known is untrue, but has become an urban myth and this is doing the rounds!

This is the closest to the truth of this as far as I know, but of course we are all open to correction.;)

Finally it would appear that the Regency Hotel attack (If indeed the former reports are true) was the third attempt on the life of Daniel Kinahan. I would see this as sufficient provocation if one was a criminal drug dealing gang to try to eradicate your enemies! What I think the question should be, who was really behind the initial attack, because I cannot believe that Gary Hutch or Patrick Hutch conspired on their own to attempt to murder Kinahan, who had by all accounts been very close with Gary Hutch! Does anyone have an opinion on this?

It be just an opinion of mine that the plan was to take out leading members of the costas,GH as he had lived in Spain and a trusted member,and knew all the contacts in there world,would have stepped up to run things from there,his associates in this would have then run and controlled 80% of the drugs into Ireland and huge shipments into uk and elsewhere in Europe, The dissos then would have begun taxing every dealer in Dublin and beyond,like Alan Ryan tried.

It had to have backing and direction from more experienced long time criminals, how far it went up the ladder is anyone's guess ? But it's high enough.The whole plan has backfired dramatically and I cant see it ending in the immediate future just yet, there are still scores to settle .

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seerscryer

Larsso30 wrote: »
    I thought RB and F bros sided with kinahan side? That's what a paper claimed other day and we're on opposite side of Gatley?

I would have to say that I agree with you on that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seerscryer

It be just an opinion of mine that the plan was to take out leading members of the costas,GH as he had lived in Spain and a trusted member,and knew all the contacts in there world,would have stepped up to run things from there,his associates in this would have then run and controlled 80% of the drugs into Ireland and huge shipments into uk and elsewhere in Europe, The dissos then would have begun taxing every dealer in Dublin and beyond,like Alan Ryan tried.

It had to have backing and direction from more experienced long time criminals, how far it went up the ladder is anyone's guess ? But it's high enough.The whole plan has backfired dramatically and I cant see it ending in the immediate future just yet, there are still scores to settle .

Of course this is only a theory of mine, but I think you may been moving in the right direction, however, there is no evidence that I have seen to support this that I have seen or heard of. But there is certainly a lot of circumstantial support for this argument and a number of coincidental meetings that would support this line of thought! Who knows? The Gardai know a lot more than they are letting on that's for sure.

the guards main target seems to be the dissidents who they seem to think is the main threat to the state so my opinion would be that the guards want to see the side the dissidents are on to lose

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 260 ✭✭Jimlh86

That's why I was asking were they still in the country, I thought the cops would have them pulled in by now.

I get where you and the previous poster are coming from but bring them in and put why evidence to them exactly? Everyone knows it's you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Any bad blood between the kinahans and the russians?

if rb and the f bros are kinahan sided that sounds like the hutch side has **** all big hitters with them no wonder they are getting wiped out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Their not the F bros they're cousins

Benteke wrote: »
    Their not the F bros they're cousins

still if there kinahan sided hutch side looks thread bare

They're both thread bare, Take one or 2 out on both sides then you are left with a couple of dunces who would not know how to run a tap, Many are walking around coked up to keep themselves awake because they are paro that their next for the pearly gates

If true that the Hutch side have the support of the ra then their pretty big hitters, I'm sure they will retaliate but I'm getting the impression it would be more spectacular to take out as many as possible instead of one at a time, Either way the government need to to take their heads out of their backsides and start tackling the problem instead of trying to save their own bacon

They're both thread bare, Take one or 2 out on both sides then you are left with a couple of dunces who would not know how to run a tap, Many are walking around coked up to keep themselves awake because they are paro that their next for the pearly gates

kinahan side dont seem thread bare at all rb and gf and bf would be with them then so it seems then liam byrne liam roe fat freddie paul rice all heavy hitters in gangland in their own right then they have the griffin brothers and prenderville doing the dirty work in prison seem the kinahans are easily the bigger side in this

kinahan side dont seem thread bare at all rb and gf and bf would be with them then so it seems then liam byrne liam roe fat freddie paul rice all heavy hitters in gangland in their own right then they have the griffin brothers and prenderville doing the dirty work in prison seem the kinahans are easily the bigger side in this

If the Hutches have the support from the north then they have competition, No retaliation from the Hutch side is telling that they have something planned and dare I say it the best hitmen are on the Hutch side, It's like talking about Love/Hate but it's real life, kinahans use junkies the hutches use pros

IRA have released a statement admitting mickey barr was a IRA volunteer they claim he had no involvment with the hutch kinahan feud and are claiming the state somehow had a hand in his death and are trying to draw the IRA in to a feud with a criminal gang they also state the weapons used in the regency are nothing to do with the IRA. This just get stranger and stranger

If the Hutches have the support from the north then they have competition, No retaliation from the Hutch side is telling that they have something planned and dare I say it the best hitmen are on the Hutch side, It's like talking about Love/Hate but it's real life, kinahans use junkies the hutches use pros

i would have thought gf was the best hitman involved in the whole thing this hitman your referring to isnt the drag queen by any chance because he seems to be useless from what i gather

IRA have released a statement admitting mickey barr was a IRA volunteer they claim he had no involvment with the hutch kinahan feud and are claiming the state somehow had a hand in his death and are trying to draw the IRA in to a feud with a criminal gang they also state the weapons used in the regency are nothing to do with the IRA. This just get stranger and stranger

History shows when they say one thing they mean another

i would have thought gf was the best hitman involved in the whole thing this hitman your referring to isnt the drag queen by any chance because he seems to be useless from what i gather

Not talking about the drag, Theirs others who have been involved in the more professional hit ie the don etc

Not talking about the drag, Theirs others who have been involved in the more professional hit ie the don etc

from what i heard gf gavin abbot who is now dead and a convicted sex offender (who i still dont know who is) were all part of the dunne hit team

• Advertisement

I can only go by what I heard and I would not underestimate the hutch side in all of this they are pretty handy, I would usually say let them wipe each other out but the shooting of the young lad in sheriff st shows that does not work

from what i heard gf gavin abbot who is now dead and a convicted sex offender (who i still dont know who is) were all part of the dunne hit team

BF was a convicted sex offender could it be him? I was told someone on the hutch side was involved I don't know if he fired the shots I can't say for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

JustTheOne wrote: »
    I think it's pretty clear now that dissidents helped a certain side.

Is it though, or was it just one loose cannon/gun for hire, the late Mr Barr?

BF was a convicted sex offender could it be him? I was told someone on the hutch side was involved I don't know if he fired the shots I can't say for sure

yea it could be him i heard the sex offender was just a spotter and abbott was the driver while gf and a 35 year old taxi driver went in with guns

the IRA are claimin barr as a member but saying he had notjing to do with the feud and i dont see them mentioning anythig about getting revenge which is quiet strange, their just saying the state had something to do with barrs murder and that their trying to draw the dissidents into a criminal feud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

What was flatcap doing at the hotel shooting then?

apparently flat cap was booted out of dissident organisation long before that for his ties to criminality looks like just a gun for hire, the only connection i see between him and barr is their from the same county

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭poa

the IRA are claimin barr as a member but saying he had notjing to do with the feud and i dont see them mentioning anythig about getting revenge which is quiet strange, their just saying the state had something to do with barrs murder and that their trying to draw the dissidents into a criminal feud

Barr and the New IRA took over from Alan Ryan and the Real IRA. He was part of 6 New IRA that planned the Regency Shooting, and supplied the AK47's. He was closely linked to flatcap.
    Hutch paid Barr to carry out the Regency shooting, Daniel was the number one target.
    There wont be any retaliation from the New IRA as the SDU are closely monitoring Daniel and Fat Freddy etc; they are too hot to go near. The New IRA have the arms, and finance (via Hutch) to carry out more hits on the Regency scale. The problem being they don't have the level of intelligence that the Kinahan's have.
    Daniel has the arms, funds, and intelligence to carry out further hits on the New IRA and Hutches. Eddie Hutch was the number one target at the Sunset House, but as he fled Barr was number two.
    I don't see a retaliation coming from the Hutch's as the Kinahan's are all protected by the SDU's monitoring.
    It actually suits the SDU that the Kinahan's are wiping out dissidents such as Barr in Dublin. When it comes to Kinahan's v New IRA/Hutch's the SDU see the Kinahan's as the lesser of two evils.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

poa wrote: »
    Eddie Hutch was the number one target at the Sunset House, but as he fled Barr was number two

Sorry to be pedantic. I assume you mean Ross ?

• Advertisement

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Sorry to be pedantic. I assume you mean Ross ?

Apologies, yes I meant to type Ross not Eddie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Wait, I thought Rb, Gately and F bros were all kinahan crew? I know Gf was childhood friends with Gary Hutch, did they split from the Kinahans after his death or something or why all of a sudden is there talk of them at the regency?

Apologies, yes I meant to type Ross not Eddie.

why would ross be the number 1 target though from what i hear he is just a low level nobody barr would certainly be the big fish to get

These GF brothers, do they come from family of old school villians, who ran the toss schools back in the day ?

Hard to keep up :)

Barr and the New IRA took over from Alan Ryan and the Real IRA. He was part of 6 New IRA that planned the Regency Shooting, and supplied the AK47's. He was closely linked to flatcap.
    Hutch paid Barr to carry out the Regency shooting, Daniel was the number one target.

But was the hit approved by NIRA at a leadership level is the question. The latest statement would appear to suggest not.

why would ross be the number 1 target though from what i hear he is just a low level nobody barr would certainly be the big fish to get

Gerry Hutch's nephew. Any Hutch close to Gerry is a target for Daniel. Of course Barr and flatcap are priority targets due to the Regency, but Daniel is keen to target any Hutch.

• Advertisement

But was the hit approved by NIRA at a leadership level is the question. The latest statement would appear to suggest not.

Barr was the leadership. Flatcap was his gun for hire, and means to get the NIRA's AK47's down from the North before and returned after. Hutch paid Barr, and Barr hired Flatcap.
    Did Barr sanction it? Yes. Flatcap was a dissident closely connected with Barr, but he had been excluded from the IRA. Barr and the NIRA had looked to take over where Alan Ryan and the RIRA had failed in taxing Dublin drug dealers.

I love the way everyone is posting here like their news is gospel!

Funny. It's like old ladies gossiping.

bubblypop wrote: »
    I love the way everyone is posting here like their news is gospel!

Funny. It's like old ladies gossiping.

i am gangster gossip after all lol

one thing i dont get is these aks they found on the IRA man that was printed all over the paper linking the IRA to the regency never came up again i suspect because when the ballistics were done it turned out they werent used in the regency attack

It will be interesting to see what happens with Jonathan Gill now.
    He had Alan and Vincent Ryan taken care of. But now it looks like his own firm want him taken care of as they suspect him of being an informant. Lucky for him the SDU found an arms stash close to where he signed on for bail or he could be dead now.
    He is operating independently of the Kinahan's, so I wonder would they offer any protection?
    The question is, friend or foe of the Hutch's?
    I suppose the Kinahan v Hutch feud takes heat off his operation as the SDU are tied up monitoring the dissidents/Hutch's/Kinahan's.

• Advertisement

Barr was the leadership. Flatcap was his gun for hire, and means to get the NIRA's AK47's down from the North before and returned after. Hutch paid Barr, and Barr hired Flatcap.
    Did Barr sanction it? Yes. Flatcap was a dissident closely connected with Barr, but he had been excluded from the IRA. Barr and the NIRA had looked to take over where Alan Ryan and the RIRA had failed in taxing Dublin drug dealers.

Well if that's all true then the Regency hit has clearly massively backfired. If there is no retaliation for Barr then the Kinahans and anyone under their wing will have no fear of the dissos from here on...

It will be interesting to see what happens with Jonathan Gill now.
    He had Alan and Vincent Ryan taken care of. But now it looks like his own firm want him taken care of as they suspect him of being an informant. Lucky for him the SDU found an arms stash close to where he signed on for bail or he could be dead now.
    He is operating independently of the Kinahan's, so I wonder would they offer any protection?
    The question is, friend or foe of the Hutch's?
    I suppose the Kinahan v Hutch feud takes heat off his operation as the SDU are tied up monitoring the dissidents/Hutch's/Kinahan's.

i never heard of his own crew thinking hes an informer but you must have a good source to hear that what i do know is hes been very friendly with paul rice recently and what im hearing is that him and rice are planning to take the northside with the kinahans backing and they will be getting all their drugs from the kinahans

Well if that's all true then the Regency hit has clearly massively backfired. If there is no retaliation for Barr then the Kinahans and anyone under their wing will have no fear of the dissos from here on...

from the statement they released today it seems they want no trouble with the kinahans at all and are distancing themselves from the hutches and the regency attack and are blaming the state for tying them to it

one thing i dont get is these aks they found on the IRA man that was printed all over the paper linking the IRA to the regency never came up again i suspect because when the ballistics were done it turned out they werent used in the regency attack

I think the different AK47's were a decoy. Leave the ones used in Dublin, and Flatcap smuggles a second set up to the North. This then takes the heat off the NIRA being linked to the Regency, as they can claim it wasn't their arms used. Barr would have used the NIRA's arms dump for the AK47's, and Flatcap to move them as he was closely linked to Barr. The arms used at the Regency would have been too hot to move from Dublin after. I think its most likely they are still stashed or disposed of there. Usually with hits they are left at the scene clean.

Agreed, the Regency has been a massive failure for the Hutch's. Daniel was the target and escaped unharmed. Flatcap was caught moving their AK47's. Barr was killed, so the NIRA lost their leader. So the Hutch's lost a lot of money, arms, and Barr who was their main connection to the dissidents. Daniel then had Barr taken out to prove a point the Kinahan's aren't are capable of taking out top dissidents, so don't fear them.

Why would barr be so brave to work behind the bar knowing all the hits been carried out?

Surely he knew he was a target and would have been keeping a low profile?

Sure the dissos were finished when they never retaliated proper for Alan Ryan death, then the other lad deccy smith was killed then AR brother, and nothing from them,
    I would say this operation was not authorised from leadership in north, but would have been claimed if it had worked the way it was suppose to have, hence the statement from Cira after hotel attack, But it didn't work and now there all in denial saying nothing to do with us etc etc, Would think there is some pressure on monk financially and phycology now, as the dissos will still want to be paid. And the northen lads will be saying what you getting us involved in drug dealing gangs wars for, we have a real war to fight :pac::pac::pac::D

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Why would barr be so brave to work behind the bar knowing all the hits been carried out?

Surely he knew he was a target and would have been keeping a low profile?

He was due in the Special Criminal Court, and under SDU monitoring; so probably thought he was safe from hitmen as a result.

Sure the dissos were finished when they never retaliated proper for Alan Ryan death, then the other lad deccy smith was killed then AR brother, and nothing from them,
    I would say this operation was not authorised from leadership in north, but would have been claimed if it had worked the way it was suppose to have, hence the statement from Cira after hotel attack, But it didn't work and now there all in denial saying nothing to do with us etc etc, Would think there is some pressure on monk financially and phycology now, as the dissos will still want to be paid. And the northen lads will be saying what you getting us involved in drug dealing gangs wars for, we have a real war to fight :pac::pac::pac::D

The reality is that once Alan Ryan was killed there was no one powerful for take over the RIRA, so they were finished. Jonathan Gill had the Taliban at his disposal; and they are suspected of 7 murders. So the RIRA had no one of their capability to hit Gill back.
    His close link to Pascal Kelly meant he had the funds, and the Taliban meant he had the means.
    Barr and the NIRA saw the power vacuum from Alan Ryan and the RIRA gone as a chance to build the power base of the NIRA in Dublin.
    Hutch paying him for a hit on Daniel provided much needed funds for the NIRA's expansion. He would have been paid up front to take out someone of Daniel's status as it was high risk with consequences if it didn't come off.
    The problem Hutch has now, is Barr was his connection to the NIRA and that is gone. The NIRA now don't have a leader, and no one suitable to replace Barr either.
    Daniel wont stop until he has taken out every single member involved with the Regency; and Hutch is powerless without Barr.

The reality is that once Alan Ryan was killed there was no one powerful for take over the RIRA, so they were finished. Jonathan Gill had the Taliban at his disposal; and they are suspected of 7 murders. So the RIRA had no one of their capability to hit Gill back.
    His close link to Pascal Kelly meant he had the funds, and the Taliban meant he had the means.
    Barr and the NIRA saw the power vacuum from Alan Ryan and the RIRA gone as a chance to build the power base of the NIRA in Dublin.
    Hutch paying him for a hit on Daniel provided much needed funds for the NIRA's expansion. He would have been paid up front to take out someone of Daniel's status as it was high risk with consequences if it didn't come off.
    The problem Hutch has now, is Barr was his connection to the NIRA and that is gone. The NIRA now don't have a leader, and no one suitable to replace Barr either.
    Daniel wont stop until he has taken out every single member involved with the Regency; and Hutch is powerless without Barr.

They did hit back at eamon Kelly and a few other things but the gards caught them all red handed in the act.

Now their all locked up or awaiting trial.

So strange the gard's can wipe out the dissidents but can't catch one of the drug gangs in the act.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement