Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

bajer101 wrote: »
    Just getting back to this. You are right. It was GF who was lured and it was RB who lured him.

if it is true that's some shameful sh1t as clay davis would say...

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭2forjoy

the independent.ie was saying today that its gonna be car bombs next so looks like guns wont be much use in this feud now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

2forjoy wrote: »
    the independent.ie was saying today that its gonna be car bombs next so looks like guns wont be much use in this feud now

Plenty of innocents are going to die

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

2forjoy wrote:

If they're saying it, it must be true...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Time to get back on the bikes so, that will confuse the dizzos :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

The AGS should have access to semtex if that's the case. How can we expect them to fight against these gangsters with one hand tied behind their back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Sunday Worst reporting that an ex Garda detective is under investigation for supplying false passports to the Kinahan cartel. I've long suspected that the Kinahans have certain Gardai in their pockets, this might be the beginning of concrete proof of it.

WarZ wrote: »
    The AGS should have access to semtex if that's the case. How can we expect them to fight against these gangsters with one hand tied behind their back?

What are you on about? The Gardai should have semtex and plant bombs? Jaysis I've read some bull on here but that is pretty out there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Sunday Worst reporting that an ex Garda detective is under investigation for supplying false passports to the Kinahan cartel. I've long suspected that the Kinahans have certain Gardai in their pockets, this might be the beginning of concrete proof of it.

Finally nobody can get that big without inside influence

What are you on about? The Gardai should have semtex and plant bombs? Jaysis I've read some bull on here but that is pretty out there :rolleyes:

And rocket propelled grenades. It's time to get one step ahead of these criminals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

He's right, they should get a few Apache helicopters too, just to be on the safe side.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Dont worry they are quite good at covering up their mates in the force. The amount of confidential and sensitive information the Gardai leak to the press on a daily basis for little personal benefit is absurd. Even though it's totally illegal, and despite GSOC attempting to investigate this, the Gardai coupled with the Media obstructed it saying it was attack on Independent journalism and societys interests. And then to think an International drug cartel worth nearly a Billion euro in a small country, don't have numerous moles in the Garda feeding information is lunacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I would take anything the Independent, Sun or the Sunday World etc say with a pinch of salt. Sources like " an inside gang member" or " a garda source" is a load of crap to me.
    Sensationalism sells papers.

I agree, if you have a business worth close on €1bn then whats €10m or €20m to pay off a few Gardai for information or safe passage of your drugs. €10m or €20m is loose change when viewed in perspective of the profits they're making. CAB should really be keeping an eye on the enemy within because they'll never win against the Kinahans if the cartel is always one step ahead of them by having a few moles within the ranks of the Gardai.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Whoosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 slowdive74

I'm confused. How has the new IRA responded to the Barr killing?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

slowdive74 wrote: »
    I'm confused. How has the new IRA responded to the Barr killing?

by claiming the state had a hand in his killing and are trying to draw them in to a criminal feud and denied any involvement in the regency attack and denied they supplied the weapons

by claiming the state had a hand in his killing and are trying to draw them in to a criminal feud and denied any involvement in the regency attack and denied they supplied the weapons

You're not allowed to post in here. Bold.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 slowdive74

Is that really their position or are they biding their time? Surely they wouldn't have much credibility left. Also, what was Barr's position in the organisation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

WarZ wrote: »
    You're not allowed to post in here. Bold.

Looks like we got us a snitch ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

ban was lifted
    Sweet, keep it coming so.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seerscryer

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Looks like we got us a snitch ;)

Only one?

slowdive74 wrote: »
    Is that really their position or are they biding their time? Surely they wouldn't have much credibility left. Also, what was Barr's position in the organisation?

The New IRA or whatever name they use now are low on credibility at the minute if recent rumours are to be believed.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/murdered-belfast-cabbie-michael-mcgibbon-targeted-by-dissidents-following-remark-to-wrong-girl-34639313.html

I agree, if you have a business worth close on €1bn then whats €10m or €20m to pay off a few Gardai for information or safe passage of your drugs. €10m or €20m is loose change when viewed in perspective of the profits they're making. CAB should really be keeping an eye on the enemy within because they'll never win against the Kinahans if the cartel is always one step ahead of them by having a few moles within the ranks of the Gardai.
    Considering the wages they are on on, €1m alone would gather plenty of intelligence. And once they go down that road there is no coming back, blackmail also an issue. Plenty of rogue cops out there, this wasn't even long ago and on a much smaller scale.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/murdered-exgarda-had-links-to-underworld-28894969.html

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/traveller-mob-whacked-dirty-cop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

But the poor cops are only starting on €23k. They need to supplement their wages in some way

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Possibly another shooting in the Sheriff At area, about 20 gardai cars and vans screaming down the street at high speed about 30 mins ago.. scouring the area looking for something or some one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Possibly another shooting in the Sheriff At area, about 20 gardai cars and vans screaming down the street at high speed about 30 mins ago.. scouring the area looking for something or some one.

Any ambulance with them?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Any ambulance with them?

Not sure tbh.. so many sirens it was difficult to distinguish but I doubt it was for something minor as they were coming from all directions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Seen that also, driving by there. Don't think it was a shooting. Think it was a few youths.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Seen that also, driving by there. Don't think it was a shooting. Think it was a few youths.

Jeez that's some reaction, I counted at least 10 cars, 2 bikes and 2 vans heading down the quays and through the IFSC.. hopefully it's not a shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

i heard the exact same story as you recently pal except i was been told gf instead of rb
    thats some deep betrayal so rb is kinahan sided and gf is hutch sided then?

Yeah. Sorry about me messing that up. I was told the info a few weeks ago when out for a few pints with a couple of lads who know the score. In the intervening few weeks I got it a bit mixed up. So I double checked and got the original story clarified. I was told that it was definitely RB who double crossed GF.

I've heard so many stories at this stage that it is hard to know what to believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Jeez that's some reaction, I counted at least 10 cars, 2 bikes and 2 vans heading down the quays and through the IFSC.. hopefully it's not a shooting.

About the average response for there to be fair. Well I think that's what it was, as they had a few people against the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

It was a shooting alright. Some junkie shooting heroin into his arm the dirtbird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

A garda car got rammed in sheriff Street..place is full of cops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

They caught a guy with his car tax a month out of date

Ally Dick wrote: »
    But the poor cops are only starting on €23k. They need to supplement their wages in some way

i know for a fact guards are been targeted by low level gangsters in gyms the boys start talking to them tell them about steroids to help them train longer and harder gain their trust over a number of weeks and then record the guards buying them then its used as leverage for info over them

Yeah. Sorry about me messing that up. I was told the info a few weeks ago when out for a few pints with a couple of lads who know the score. In the intervening few weeks I got it a bit mixed up. So I double checked and got the original story clarified. I was told that it was definitely RB who double crossed GF.

I've heard so many stories at this stage that it is hard to know what to believe.

thats a pretty low thing to do to a childhood friend guess money makes people turn like that just like a junkie would rob from their family. rb should be worried though id say gf is out for blood and he would know everything about rb, but rb been kinahan sided makes sense someone from that area had to be with hitmen getting such good info on all these northside targets

thats a pretty low thing to do to a childhood friend guess money makes people turn like that just like a junkie would rob from their family. rb should be worried though id say gf is out for blood and he would know everything about rb, but rb been kinahan sided makes sense someone from that area had to be with hitmen getting such good info on all these northside targets

It's hard to know. If RB really did that, then he is fúcked on the Hutch side. He was the Kinahan's main man on the North inner city, but you would have to think that he is now fúcked in that area. G&B F. have been very quiet recently. They haven't been running around trying to take out peripheral players the way LB has. One of the Griffin brothers is getting released this week (who took a few quid to try and kill Del Boy as soon as Gary got killed). I don't think that they'll even bother with him - yet. I don't even think that the New IRA will react yet. George Mitchell will play a huge part here.

It's hard to know. If RB really did that, then he is fúcked on the Hutch side. He was the Kinahan's main man on the North inner city, but you would have to think that he is now fúcked in that area. G&B F. have been very quiet recently. They haven't been running around trying to take out peripheral players the way LB has. One of the Griffin brothers is getting released this week (who took a few quid to try and kill Del Boy as soon as Gary got killed). I don't think that they'll even bother with him - yet. I don't even think that the New IRA will react yet. George Mitchell will play a huge part here.

yea if rb really did that it seems to have backfired big time im hearing pr the horseback bankrobber and mr big have been very close recently and the plan is that they will run the northside for the kinahans if thats true or not is another thing. yea i seen that griffin is been released i dont think they will bother with him either while all this is going on but i reckon he will be trying to take people out to get himself higher up the ladder with lb, aint heard a lot about george mitchell or the monk in a while but id say they are still making plans together i wonder if fatso mitchell is involved at all dk tried to have him killed a few years back in spain

I heard that this was all about a huge takeover bid and that Georgie was heavily involved. Christie Snr. sailed off into the sunset and handed over the reigns Daniel and a gap was spotted. Gerry spotted this gap and asked his nephew to look into it. Gerry talked to some real heavy hitters (Georgie, a Scottish gang and the RA), and said yes. Daniel got word and took out Gary. And that's what kicked it all off.

• Advertisement

I heard that this was all about a huge takeover bid and that Georgie was heavily involved. Christie Snr. sailed off into the sunset and handed over the reigns Daniel and a gap was spotted. Gerry spotted this gap and asked his nephew to look into it. Gerry talked to some real heavy hitters (Georgie, a Scottish gang and the RA), and said yes. Daniel got word and took out Gary. And that's what kicked it all off.

yea just about the same as what i heard any word on who these scottish guys are though? sunday world are reporting today that dk and lb are using the same 2 hitmen in duggan eddie hutch and mickey barrs murders you hear if this is true or anything about them because if it was i was thinking they must be from the northside because the city was on lockdown when eddie hutch was killed and guards were not far away from the sunset house when barr was killed

I don't know about this Scottish connection, but I have heard it mentioned enough and it is always with Georgie. LB throwing around €10k here and there for a hit is meaningless. If I was Christy Snr, I'd be having serious words with LB.

I don't know about this Scottish connection, but I have heard it mentioned enough and it is always with Georgie. LB throwing around €10k here and there for a hit is meaningless. If I was Christy Snr, I'd be having serious words with LB.

yea i heard the scottish thing ages ago but nothing about them id say their defo connected to george some way. id say christy is happy enough now to let lb do what he wants back in dublin once daniels not involved and is able to take care of the business, id say hes happy to let lb lr and the fat one go to war with the hutches if its keeping them off his back and they would all be expendible to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I wonder if Rattigan is sitting back waiting for his enemies to be wiped out by someone else.

pablo128 wrote: »
    I wonder if Rattigan is sitting back waiting for his enemies to be wiped out by someone else.
    By the time he gets out natural causes may have done the job on his enemies..!

yea i heard the scottish thing ages ago but nothing about them id say their defo connected to george some way. id say christy is happy enough now to let lb do what he wants back in dublin once daniels not involved and is able to take care of the business, id say hes happy to let lb lr and the fat one go to war with the hutches if its keeping them off his back and they would all be expendible to him

The Scottish connection was mentioned around February but nothing much since. I personally dont believe the Hutches done all this alone and wanted to takeover. There must have been some other involvement at a higher level other than their associates and a rag tag of Dissident republicans.

Wonder if there is any involvement either from the Scousers, Turks, Russians or North Africans. The half Irish family from London. Or are they all interested observers from the sidelines.

I don't even think that the New IRA will react yet. George Mitchell will play a huge part here.
    The New IRA couldn't even deal with Mr Big nevermind the Kinahans. The Cartel must piss themselves laughing at the prospect.

The New IRA couldn't even deal with Mr Big nevermind the Kinahans. The Cartel must piss themselves laughing at the prospect.

Yep. I doubt they give a toss about the RA. I remember talking to some lads a few few years ago and they described the RA at the time as a bunch of clowns bumping into each other in the dark. Rightly or wrongly, they don't rate them. But I think they are wrong. This "New" IRA could prove to be very formidable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

The only way I'm keeping up with this a spreadsheet. Not even kidding, I was bored one evening and started making a spreadsheet to figure out who was on which side and how they were connected. LB - Liam Byrne, yes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

How come the cartel never got involved in crumlin / drimnagh feud ? Or did they ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement