Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

bajer101 wrote: »
    Yep. I doubt they give a toss about the RA. I remember talking to some lads a few few years ago and they described the RA at the time as a bunch of clowns bumping into each other in the dark. Rightly or wrongly, they don't rate them. But I think they are wrong. This "New" IRA could prove to be very formidable.
    Can only comment on the northern element - but this "New IRA" from what I can recall is a combination of some hardened and experienced ex Provo RIRA types, a few CIRA nutjobs and some younger, more extreme Republicans like the ones that ended up killing McGibbon in N Belfast. You've got some professional types and then the slightly more careless ones.. a lot of them are very paranoid about informers in the ranks. In fact that statement about them being lured in reeks of paranoia. It's a bit of a mix up - either way, in the north, they're being watched like hawks by the security forces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Someone shot in Clondalkin tonight.

Another one.
    It's becoming expected at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Shot up to four times.. Not thought to be life threatening.

https://twitter.com/search?q=clondalkin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Someone shot in Clondalkin tonight.
    it's open season at this stage ...anyone with a score to settle can do it now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Garda need resources ASAP and decent management, absolutely no fear from anyone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

it's open season at this stage ...anyone with a score to settle can do it now

That appears to be the case alright. I mean the man that was murdered last week in Clondalkin there was very little word about that afterward which I find odd.

One of the rumours put out there was whoever was responsible used the opportunity of the Murder in the Sunset House with having all Gardai in that area and struck in the aftermath. As for solving these Murders the Gardai seem to have a pathetic success rate in solving these murders. Something like over 200 unsolved gangland murders one of the papers claimed last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Which side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Which side?

Tonight's shooting? Not connected with the feud apparently...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

TallGlass wrote: »
    Garda need resources ASAP and decent management, absolutely no fear from anyone.

Samaris should offer the spreadsheet.
    Samaris wrote: »
    The only way I'm keeping up with this a spreadsheet. Not even kidding, I was bored one evening and started making a spreadsheet to figure out who was on which side and how they were connected. LB - Liam Byrne, yes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I'm from that estate. Folks are still living there. There's plenty of shootings around that estate you don't hear of. Coked up wannabes mostly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

The papers love these shooting as most people are waiting to hear progression on the monk-kinihan fued. Don't worry the gardai were out in Clondalkin tonight as usual checking for tax and insurance for the rest of the public.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

armaghlad wrote: »
    Can only comment on the northern element - but this "New IRA" from what I can recall is a combination of some hardened and experienced ex Provo RIRA types, a few CIRA nutjobs and some younger, more extreme Republicans like the ones that ended up killing McGibbon in N Belfast. You've got some professional types and then the slightly more careless ones.. a lot of them are very paranoid about informers in the ranks. In fact that statement about them being lured in reeks of paranoia. It's a bit of a mix up - either way, in the north, they're being watched like hawks by the security forces

I believe the "New IRA" is a combination of RAAD (Republican Action Against Drugs), the Real IRA, and smaller independent groups who merged in 2012. The CIRA and Oglaigh na hEireann are the other armed groups, but aren't very active. As far as I'm aware after AR, the Dublin brigade was stood down and most of the members were expelled, both from the Reals and politically the 32Csm. Indeed some were kneecapped in the aftermath.

I'm not sure this merger went down well, as I dont believe RAAD have a very good reputation in the republican community. Many believed they were directed and controlled by MI5, also numerous controversial incidents such as mothers having to drop off their sons to be shot obviously don't help gain support. This picture with a drug dealer from a couple years ago probably says it all about them, somehow I doubt they will be reinacting this in Dublin anytime soon!!

https://aldousduke.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/chronicle-scan_cr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Focus_sligo

I believe the "New IRA" is a combination of RAAD (Republican Action Against Drugs), the Real IRA, and smaller independent groups who merged in 2012. The CIRA and Oglaigh na hEireann are the other armed groups, but aren't very active. As far as I'm aware after AR, the Dublin brigade was stood down and most of the members were expelled, both from the Reals and politically the 32Csm. Indeed some were kneecapped in the aftermath.

I'm not sure this merger went down well, as I dont believe RAAD have a very good reputation in the republican community. Many believed they were directed and controlled by MI5, also numerous controversial incidents such as mothers having to drop off their sons to be shot obviously don't help gain support. This picture with a drug dealer from a couple years ago probably says it all about them, somehow I doubt they will be reinacting this in Dublin anytime soon!!

https://aldousduke.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/chronicle-scan_cr.jpg

And one of them in that photo was present at the regency hotel shooting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

2nd from the left has very bad posture, could it be lurch from the adams family?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

How come the cartel never got involved in crumlin / drimnagh feud ? Or did they ?

all the cartels main men in dublin are from one side of the feud freddie the byrnes and roe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

2nd from the left has very bad posture, could it be lurch from the adams family?

Which Adams family?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

14 costumed men at Barrs funeral today were detained under the Terrorism Act

why cant we do that at funerals down here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

14 costumed men at Barrs funeral today were detained under the Terrorism Act

why cant we do that at funerals down here?

Arrested for what, wearing cammo clothes, berets and sunglasses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

14 men were arrested for 'alleged terror offences', I am not sure it was the 'costumed' men that were arrested ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

That paramilitary gear at funerals is so childish. As if they have nothing else in their lives except Dressing Up for the occasion in combat gear. OMG.

Hard men hah!

Anyway, fair play to PSNI for arresting some of them at Barr's funeral.

The Gardai down here would not ever contemplate anything like that. But maybe the backlash would be too much for a depleted force anyway. Which is not a good thing either really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

This is going to turn into a disso/RIRA (agus ruaille buaille lol), CIRa etc. thing now.

Do we actually have the resources to face these people down, the gangsters I mean, leaving aside their possible connections with dissidents etc. Who I hope stay North of the Border.

This is going to turn into a disso/RIRA (agus ruaille buaille lol), CIRa etc. thing now.

Do we actually have the resources to face these people down, the gangsters I mean, leaving aside their possible connections with dissidents etc. Who I hope stay North of the Border.

i dont think the state has the capabilities to take on the cartel anyway they have too much money and grown into a monster there is defo more people than criminals on their payroll

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

i dont think the state has the capabilities to take on the cartel anyway they have too much money and grown into a monster there is defo more people than criminals on their payroll

I would suggest that if you are on the payroll of a crime cartel then you may be a criminal unless you are completely oblivious to who you are working for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

A feared gangster, who is a suspect in at least two feud-related murders, terrified gym staff when he demanded subscription refunds for four of his associates who are either on-the-run or locked up
    There were terrifying scenes when the Finglas criminal stormed into the Dublin northside gym and threatened two female members of staff.

Sources have revealed that the gangland thug had paid annual membership fees for six of his associates earlier this year, but four of his mates are no longer based in Dublin.

“So he decided he wanted the money back and the belief is he got his way,” a source said.

“What that animal said to the two female employees, should not even be repeated. He bullied his way into meeting the manager, who was initially too concerned to deal with him.

“They then had a private meeting and the criminal went on his way,” the source added.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/suspect-in-gangfeud-murders-leaves-gym-staff-in-terror-as-he-demands-refund-for-ontherun-friends-34690569.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

If it were me I'd be handing the cash over right away - the less you have to deal with these thugs the better

Were the lads arrested at the funeral the same guys who were wearing the cammo gear and berets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

I'm beginning to lose track of who's who at this stage... Is this guy one of the well-known names that has been circulating?

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/feared-mobster-suspected-of-three-gangland-hits-demands-gym-refunds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Were the lads arrested at the funeral the same guys who were wearing the cammo gear and berets?

It looks that way yes, others who weren't part of the Guard of Honour where arrested also

• Advertisement

schizo1014 wrote: »
    It looks that way yes, others who weren't part of the Guard of Honour where arrested also

How is being a member of a Guard of Honor illegal? Did they do anything illegal? Surely it isn't illegal to wear combats and a beret?

They didn't fire a volley of shots from illegal firearms? What did they do that was illegal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

How is being a member of a Guard of Honor illegal? Did they do anything illegal? Surely it isn't illegal to wear combats and a beret?

They didn't fire a volley of shots from illegal firearms? What did they do that was illegal?

They were arrested on a suspicion basis. I don't think anyone has been charged. Yet at least.

I don't know about you - but I don't keep a beret, combat trousers and a balaclava in my wardrobe for when one of my mates croaks it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Isn't being a member of the organization illegal in itself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

presumably this http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/11/section/13

They were arrested on a suspicion basis. I don't think anyone has been charged. Yet at least.

I don't know about you - but I don't keep a beret, combat trousers and a balaclava in my wardrobe for when one of my mates croaks it.

Neither do I.
    dinorebel wrote: »

Is forming a Guard of Honour proof of membership of an illegal organisation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

:rolleyes:
    Probably another one of those JobBridge Schemes

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

dinorebel wrote: »

Yes. And the ridiculously camp way they "marched" in front of the coffin was the last straw for the psni. Someone needed to take those guys aside and have a word. It's good to see that these republicans are trying to keep a low profile anyway. (Snigger)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Does anyone else think the FlatCap gunman might have people gunning for him in both factions, after all he is the only gunman whose face was properly caught on camera as I dont think PH's face was caught accurately enough to 100% prove it was him. No doubt their is worries about him turning supergrass now. I'm surprised he's still kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Surely there must be some technology for measuring faces that can prove the identity of someone in a photo.

20Cent wrote: »
    Surely there must be some technology for measuring faces that can prove the identity of someone in a photo.

I'd imagine that their is, but since flatcap is more of a blow in i'd say there is a bigger threat of him turning informer than draglady. I dont think PH would grass up hes own.

• Advertisement

I'd imagine that there is, but since flatcap is more of a blow in i'd say there is a bigger threat of him turning informer than draglady. I dont think PH would grass up hes own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

yep plenty of biometric face recognition software around that would do it.

Neither do I.

12 of the 15 that have been arrested have been released and 3 have been charged with in connection with terrorist offences which is wide ranging tbh, any lawyer worth their salt will have them out depending what evidence is used against them. The general feeling is that the police, in order to save face, have basically gone in and arrested men in military uniform with no faces covered forming a guard of honour after pressure from Unionists politicians regarding another funeral in Derry in which the INLA marched masked in front of a coffin and fired shots which outraged them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭TheExile1878

A few weeks after the commemoration of ACTUAL rebels - these knobheads dressing up like Action Man for a knacker criminal's funeral is a p**s take.

They should be ashamed.

Oh and next time some scumbag drug dealer gets shot, can the tabloids refrain from showing his Communion photo ? Yeah he was an angel at 7 and scum at 23.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

12 of the 15 that have been arrested have been released and 3 have been charged with in connection with terrorist offences which is wide ranging tbh, any lawyer worth their salt will have them out depending what evidence is used against them. The general feeling is that the police, in order to save face, have basically gone in and arrested men in military uniform with no faces covered forming a guard of honour after pressure from Unionists politicians regarding another funeral in Derry in which the INLA marched masked in front of a coffin and fired shots which outraged them.

That is all it is.

I'm still amazed dissidents can be arrested on suspicion of been a member of an organisation.

What about criminal gangs who are a threat to the state seems their killing innocent people?

Why can't they be arrested under the same law?

We all know who they are. Once again something doesn't add up and people are been paid off.

Neither do I.

What "Honour" is there in being a scumbag ????

JustTheOne wrote: »
    That is all it is.

I'm still amazed dissidents can be arrested on suspicion of been a member of an organisation.

What about criminal gangs who are a threat to the state seems their killing innocent people?

Why can't they be arrested under the same law?

We all know who they are. Once again something doesn't add up and people are been paid off.

I honestly think a cartel like the kinihans with a billion euro industry are paying off cops, and if they can get away with it why not. Criminal gangs at this stage can take on dissidents without fear, surely they are a bigger threat to the state at this present moment?

What "Honour" is there in being a scumbag ????

Calm down their Paul Williams. Its a gaurd of honour from his friends, it usually happens in some shape or form at anyone's funeral but whatever...

yep plenty of biometric face recognition software around that would do it.

yea but you know his defense will will raise the idea that hes not the only person in the world with a face that exact shape creating reasonable doubt

Calm down their Paul Williams. Its a gaurd of honour from his friends, it usually happens in some shape or form at anyone's funeral but whatever...

"their" ??? Standard of education as high as ever.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement