Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

"their" ??? Standard of education as high as ever.
    Get off your high horse. I hate grammar Nazis in threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭TheExile1878

Get off your high horse. I hate grammar Nazis in threads.

I hate ignorant thick morons. Looks like we both lose.

Sorry "loose" for the likes of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

"their" ??? Standard of education as high as ever.

Attacking my grammar conveys a high level of education in yourself alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I hate ignorant thick morons. Looks like we both lose.

Sorry "loose" for the likes of you.

The likes of me? Are you playing with the full deck?
    Go and have a nap or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

schizo1014 wrote: »
    12 of the 15 that have been arrested have been released and 3 have been charged with in connection with terrorist offences which is wide ranging tbh, any lawyer worth their salt will have them out depending what evidence is used against them. The general feeling is that the police, in order to save face, have basically gone in and arrested men in military uniform with no faces covered forming a guard of honour after pressure from Unionists politicians regarding another funeral in Derry in which the INLA marched masked in front of a coffin and fired shots which outraged them.

Good

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

schizo1014 wrote: »
    Attacking my grammar conveys a high level of education in yourself alright.

you know your winning the argument when they attack the grammar

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Anyone think PH looks very like his even younger sibling? They wouldn't start them that young would they?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Actually getting back on track I thought there was some crazy gangland laws brought in about ten years ago. Members or leaders could be convicted pretty much on the word of a superintendent and little else. Some pair of brothers from Galway got lenghtly jail sentences this way.

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/article/52825/galway-brothers-jailed-for-nine-years-under-new-anti-gang-legislation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭wokingvoter

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Neither do I.

Is forming a Guard of Honour proof of membership of an illegal organisation?
    The PSNI know every single dissident republican . It's when they appear at these "events" dressed up in their Halloween costumes and trying to flaunt it on the basis of "it's a funeral, they won't come near us st a funeral" that they get lifted.
    The PSNI don't give a damn who's sobbing into a hanky or clutching a red rose, if you give permission for this pathetic posturing at your loved ones funeral, prepare for it to be interrupted by Plod and his handcuffs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

The PSNI know every single dissident republican . It's when they appear at these "events" dressed up in their Halloween costumes and trying to flaunt it on the basis of "it's a funeral, they won't come near us st a funeral" that they get lifted.
    The PSNI don't give a damn who's sobbing into a hanky or clutching a red rose, if you give permission for this pathetic posturing at your loved ones funeral, prepare for it to be interrupted by Plod and his handcuffs

Kinda unbecoming tbf....as you said they know the dissidents

Why go in and disrupt a funeral and upset people who are grieving

Do people wish to see a return to the pitched battles/excessive policing of funerals of the late 80s

Do people wish to see a return to the pitched battles/excessive policing of funerals of the late 80s

Vulnerable young people living on the fringes of society can be impressed by the "hard man" image and the mystique associated with the tinted glasses et al.
    Would you be happy if your young adult wanted to associate with these people?
    It's also an insulting slap in the face to the many victims of these organisations to see they're assailants strutting along the street like peacocks.
    It's also against the law to be a member of an illegal organisation.
    I have it from the horses mouth that the decent people of Strabane were sickened by the spectacle of this funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Vulnerable young people living on the fringes of society can be impressed by the "hard man" image and the mystique associated with the tinted glasses et al.
    It's also an insulting slap in the face to the many victims of these organisations to see they're assailants strutting along the street like peacocks.
    I have it from the horses mouth that the decent people of Strabane were sickened by the spectacle of this funeral.

If your kids are that impressionable that their impressed by this....you've done a poor job rearing them

It'll still be illegal to be a member tomorrow...this is pure the psni spoiling for a fight and very unbecoming to cause more upset to grieving relatives (or do they not count in your view??)

Who was arrested there that couldn't have been picked up the day before/after the funeral

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

As far as I read the psni did wait until after the funeral to arrest these republican clowns. These republicans certainly like to keep a low profile. Lol.

The fat fella at the front looked like the villain from operation wolf ffs.

A funeral doesn't give you a free ticket from General ballbaggery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

If your kids are that impressionable that their impressed by this....you've done a poor job rearing them

It'll still be illegal to be a member tomorrow...this is pure the psni spoiling for a fight and very unbecoming to cause more upset to grieving relatives (or do they not count in your view??)

Who was arrested there that couldn't have been picked up the day before/after the funeral

Are you supportive of the current murdering republicans Tom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

timthumbni wrote: »
    Are you supportive of the current murdering republicans Tom?

There is support and sympathy and outright opposition - there are many of each category in the republic .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Can we all just go back on topic of talking about the feud

tomofson wrote: »
    Can we all just go back on topic of talking about the feud

yes i have heard today through a source one of the cartels main hitmen is a guy with the initials rt and the brother to one of the sunday worlds most wrote about figures anyone know if there is any truth to this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭melissak

I think the fact that people are being shot like dogs on the street and by this thread a lot of people think it is exciting/gossipfodder like a soap opera instead of terribly sad and alarming is an indictment of Irish society as a whole.

Everyone is entitled to bury their dead and Mourne them as they see fit. There are kids involved and mothers etc. Do they lose their right to basic human dignity because their son father etc was involved in crime. Are little kids children of a lesser God by association? Many of the mourners are completely innocent. Have they no rights?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

melissak wrote: »
    I think the fact that people are being shot like dogs on the street and by this thread a lot of people think it is exciting/gossipfodder like a soap opera instead of terribly sad and alarming is an indictment of Irish society as a whole.
    Ireland is a sick society and largely does not know it .

The way that this "Gangland" and these Murders are dressed up as entertainment is evidence of this .

It also allows our Politicians and Gardai a free hand to do nothing about the causes of such terrible crime.

Its a sick little society hiding behind...."Gangland"...Crooked Politicians....Crooked Gardai.....Crooked Gardai....Crooked Bankers.

Its all part of the same illness.

• Advertisement

The IRA and its derivatives have been attracting vulnerable young men in particular since they're reemergence at the start of the Troubles. There has never been any shortage of impressionable young lads and girls eager to join in the excitement and the danger.
    Maghaberry prison is full of young lads doing time while their puppet masters relax at home in front of their 52" TVs courtesy of the British taxpayer
    The grieving relatives had the power to decline the offer of a military funeral and they didn't so no sympathy from me there.

Everyone is entitled to bury their dead and Mourne them as they see fit. There are kids involved and mothers etc. Do they lose their right to basic human dignity because their son father etc was involved in crime. Are little kids children of a lesser God by association? Many of the mourners are completely innocent. Have they no rights?

The grieving relatives had it in their power to decline the offer of a military funeral and they didn't, so no sympathy at all from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

yes i have heard today through a source one of the cartels main hitmen is a guy with the initials rt and the brother to one of the sunday worlds most wrote about figures anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Isn't rt the elder brother who had the leg broken a few years back, hadn't heard his name mentioned since that loss of face.

What do you suggest we do?

The grieving relatives had it in their power to decline the offer of a military funeral and they didn't, so no sympathy at all from me.

That's it, the Ryan's for example were hoodwinked into hosting an ira pr exercise for their sons funeral. I doubt the ira gave a fiddlers about the Ryans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Crime/gangsters/mafia/south American cartels/London firms etc etc is followed by a very large movement of people everywhere ,hence the huge success of films like The godfather, scarface, goodfellows, the krays,the general, veronica gurren etc etc all of which are based on true accounts of people involved, and the public lap it all up ,I don't get your point at all.

And you could go back futher, jesse james,dalton gang,dillenger,ma baker etc etc

That's it, the Ryan's for example were hoodwinked into hosting an ira pr exercise for their sons funeral. I doubt the ira gave a fiddlers about the Ryans

Well I would imagine the Ryans knew exactly who was organising their loved ones funeral and what it was going to be like so I wouldn't say "hoodwinked".

septictank wrote: »
    Isn't rt the elder brother who had the leg broken a few years back, hadn't heard his name mentioned since that loss of face.

yea thats him i never really heard much about him before except for when him and his wife were attacked and his leg was broken so i was sceptical when i heard this wondering if anyone else has heard anything about him

yea thats him i never really heard much about him before except for when him and his wife were attacked and his leg was broken so i was sceptical when i heard this wondering if anyone else has heard anything about him

I never heard that particular persons name being mentioned in regard to this feud, but with the contacts him and hes brother have it would be very possible

Well I would imagine the Ryans knew exactly who was organising their loved ones funeral and what it was going to be like so I wouldn't say "hoodwinked".

I'm not convinced they were aware that they were being used.. That's what I meant by hoodwinked.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Any ideas on who the Finglas individual in the papers this week regarding the gym incident is? Tbh like others have said there is that many involved at this point it's hard to keep track. Can see this going on for a long time.

Any ideas on who the Finglas individual in the papers this week regarding the gym incident is? Tbh like others have said there is that many involved at this point it's hard to keep track. Can see this going on for a long time.

A certain hitman from that area is out on bail for a gang murder awaiting trial could very well be him.

Crime/gangsters/mafia/south American cartels/London firms etc etc is followed by a very large movement of people everywhere ,hence the huge success of films like The godfather, scarface, goodfellows, the krays,the general, veronica gurren etc etc all of which are based on true accounts of people involved, and the public lap it all up ,I don't get your point at all.

And you could go back futher, jesse james,dalton gang,dillenger,ma baker etc etc
    If my point was not clear you need to read it again and think a bit more. These are real life real time people. There was a public outcry and the country damn near ground to a halt when veronica guerilla died and rightly so. This is just gossipy ****e. No compassion for dead people. Like gawkers at a car wreck. If your children take a few wrong turns in life will their brutal murder be trashy entertainment fodder. This **** is spreading faster than you would think, don't think the possibility of it spreading to comfy smug suburbia is remote. The fact that so many young people look at the short stressful violent lives of "gangsters" and say hey that looks like my best option in life is a sign that our system is very very sick. This may be the last generation with the chance to stop it before it has spiralled out of all control and we are completely burying our collective heads in the sand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

Mind you the lad that done it didn't last long after that and it was very brutal.

blinding wrote: »
    Ireland is a sick society and largely does not know it .

The way that this "Gangland" and these Murders are dressed up as entertainment is evidence of this .

It also allows our Politicians and Gardai a free hand to do nothing about the causes of such terrible crime.

Its a sick little society hiding behind...."Gangland"...Crooked Politicians....Crooked Gardai.....Crooked Gardai....Crooked Bankers.

Its all part of the same illness.
    Couldn't agree more. We will not be well remembered. I don't know if it is the internet age of instant gratification or the void left where religion used to be or what but we are the generation that compassion and empathy forgot.

I think this is an act of provocateurism a la the Stone funeral shooting in the 80s. It suits someone's agenda to keep poking this hornets nest.

Couldn't agree more. We will not be well remembered. I don't know if it is the internet age of instant gratification or the void left where religious used to be or what but we are the generation that compassion and empathy forgot.

If you lived in an area blighted and ghettoised by the anti social behaviour and non stop intimidation of these gangsters you mightnt be so quick to empathise with these criminals or find compassion for their family and friends when they reap what they so.

I think this is an act of provocateurism a la the Stone funeral shooting in the 80s. It suits someone's agenda to keep poking this hornets nest.

You've ignored the fact that the family of this man had to give permission for the military display at his funeral.
    They clearly did give permission.
    It backfired on them.
    So what?
    They made a desicion to take up the offer.
    Why do you think we should have sympathy for them ?

septictank wrote: »
    Mind you the lad that done it didn't last long after that and it was very brutal.

yea true and the guy that done it with him was shot at in the mcdonalds carpark when the little boy was nearly hit a few weeks ago. if rt is one of their main hitmen hes done well to keep his name out of the media maybe its due to the fact david speedie got compo off the papers because they said he was associating with rt

• Advertisement

If my point was not clear you need to read it again and think a bit more. These are real life real time people. There was a public outcry and the country damn near ground to a halt when veronica guerilla died and rightly so. This is just gossipy ****e. No compassion for dead people. Like gawkers at a car wreck. If your children take a few wrong turns in life will their brutal murder be trashy entertainment fodder. This **** is spreading faster than you would think, don't think the possibility of it spreading to comfy smug suburbia is remote. The fact that so many young people look at the short stressful violent lives of "gangsters" and say hey that looks like my best option in life is a sign that our system is very very sick. This may be the last generation with the chance to stop it before it has spiralled out of all control and we are completely burying our collective heads in the sand.

And my point being that there is always a facinationation with Gangsters etc for many years, hence this thread .And you don't have to go back as far as VG, go back to the dundons in limerick and see how parts of that city were held in virtual control by the gangs.
    And btw I am not from a comfy suburbia area ,i am from Dublin 10,and until this **** hits comfy suburbia nothing will be done about it or as in limerick until complete innocents are being killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

You clearly don't live in an area where this is going on, nor have you lost family members to gang warfare. I and my partner have lost family members in recent years to gangland shootings. One of them was referred to in the last couple of pages in fact.

So you can keep your wishy washy bollox to be honest, unless you have a solution to the problem.

pablo128 wrote: »
    You clearly don't live in an area where this is going on, nor have you lost family members to gang warfare. I and my partner have lost family members in recent years to gangland shootings. One of them was referred to in the last couple of pages in fact.

So you can keep your wishy washy bollox to be honest, unless you have a solution to the problem.

If it is wishy washy bollix to say that this **** is spiralling out of control and it is being very badly handled then so be it. This sensationalism here and from the likes of Paul Williams is distracting us from the fact that there have been hundreds of people murdered and ****ed all solved and this is a sign of something very very rotten in the state of ireland and to have the sure they were into drugs they deserved to die attitude prevalent in this thread is not helping anyone. What solutions do you have. Because solutions are what is needed. All these people have someone who loved them and this is a public forum that they can read. Just a thought. I'm sure you know people who have made mistakes with drugs etc and died for their mistakes. I know I do and I by no means live in the thick of it. My condolences for your loss BTW.

If it is wishy washy bollix to say that this **** is spiralling out of control and it is being very badly handled then so be it. This sensationalism here and from the likes of Paul Williams is distracting us from the fact that there have been hundreds of people murdered and ****ed all solved and this is a sign of something very very rotten in the state of ireland and to have the sure they were into drugs they deserved to die attitude prevalent in this thread is not helping anyone. What solutions do you have. Because solutions are what is needed. All these people have someone who loved them and this is a public forum that they can read. Just a thought. I'm sure you know people who have made mistakes with drugs etc and died for their mistakes. I know I do and I by no means live in the thick of it. My condolences for your loss BTW.

Is this not a discussion board ? Where people give there opinions ? or as in some posts here actually telling us what's really going on,I haven't seen any sensationalism here, just people giving there views with some knowing more than others, much better insight than PW,NT etc etc
    Anyway its obvious a poplar thread as its being running since feb and for the most part a well behaved thread ,imo.

If you like to start a separate thread on the background and circumstances that bring all this sort of conflict out, feel free to do so.

Is this not a discussion board ? Where people give there opinions ? or as in some posts here actually telling us what's really going on,I haven't seen any sensationalism here, just people giving there views with some knowing more than others, much better insight than PW,NT etc etc
    Anyway its obvious a poplar thread as its being running since feb and for the most part a well behaved thread ,imo.

If you like to start a separate thread on the background and circumstances that bring all this sort of conflict out, feel free to do so.

Sorry. You are right. I am reacting to all the media coverage as much as this thread to be fair.bi will take a step back now. I do lose the run of myself sometimes.

i see micheal frazers parents house was shot at nine times last night its a wonder the house is still standing after previously having a frag grenade lobbed through the front door there been that many attempts on the mans life he could be the new viper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

A man arrested for the murder of Eddie Hutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 slowdive74

Is there truth in the rumour about DK's sexuality and this had something to do with Gary Hutch's shooting???

Good stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 slowdive74

Good stuff!

Was that regarding my post or the one before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

slowdive74 wrote: »
    Was that regarding my post or the one before?

guess

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement