Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

could you pm me who this tb is pal and is he connected to dm? dm seems to not care for anyone apparently he was going after bradley just to prove he was the big dog in finglas sounds like a complete nutcase. yea i would suspect rt walks with a limp he had his leg broken in a pub brawl a few years back his wife was slashed during it to

Trevor is he's first name and he has the same surname as a high profiled feud murder victim, which was earlier this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

tomofson wrote: »
    Trevor is he's first name and he has the same surname as a high profiled feud murder victim, which was earlier this year.

is this guy a sex offender by any chance??

is this guy a sex offender by any chance??

No just a coincidence with the same name.

No just a coincidence with the same name.

i was thinking not often gangsters would be working with a guy like him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Ah yes big trevor him and sos are good friends i'd say both involved

I never mentioned a name, ur spot on though.As for sm,i havnt heard anything about him being involved.

• Advertisement

I never mentioned a name, ur spot on though.As for sm,i havnt heard anything about him being involved.

when you say sm i presume the s is for sos and a few people were mentioning his name but nothing was confirmed he was friends with greg lynch and was in the same age bracket as the guy who was arrested for the hutch murder yesterday. do you know if the namesake of a notorious rapist is been held in custody for questioning at the minute by any chance or if any dogs on the street are saying he is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

could you pm me who this tb is pal

No.

Wasn't he boasting around he was going to kill a certain two murderers who killed a teenager and dumped hes body? and then never done anything, I know one of those individuals brother was killed but that was nothing to do with him.

its going to be interesting this week to see if the 2 guys been held for the hutch murder are released or charged i have a feeling dna has been found in the car or on the petrol can in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,281 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Does rt walk with a limp?

If he does, that's 50 Cent ruled out at least. The divil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭i8mancs

its going to be interesting this week to see if the 2 guys been held for the hutch murder are released or charged i have a feeling dna has been found in the car or on the petrol can in it

Do the gards have till Monday to charge or release?

i8mancs wrote: »
    Do the gards have till Monday to charge or release?

yea they can hold them for 7 days without charge then they have to let them go or charge them

yea they can hold them for 7 days without charge then they have to let them go or charge them

They can apply for more days though before a judge if they think it will make a difference

the mirror are claiming that the eddie hutch suspect is the same man who shot gilligan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

the mirror are claiming that the eddie hutch suspect is the same man who shot gilligan

Apparently tried to take out Gilligan twice, the first time he walked into the wrong pub, Halfway house on Navan road. Gilligan was in another one down the road. Also heard he tried to hunt Gilligan down when he moved to England after that, but Gilligan kept moving and was staying with Travellers in caravan parks and halting sites lol

Apparently its over a prison dispute from Portlaoise. Gilligan used to be the big man in Portlaoise but age caught up with him , hes in his mids 60s now, its a young mans game as they say

Apparently tried to take out Gilligan twice, the first time he walked into the wrong pub, Halfway house on Navan road. Gilligan was in another one down the road. Also heard he tried to hunt Gilligan down when he moved to England after that, but Gilligan kept moving and was staying with Travellers in caravan parks and halting sites lol

Apparently its over a prison dispute from Portlaoise. Gilligan used to be the big man in Portlaoise but age caught up with him , hes in his mids 60s now, its a young mans game as they say

yea really sounding like dm so they were both locked up at the same time and when you search dm up or the gilligan hitman up they both give the exact same associates david cully ledwidge and john daly

Also towards the latter part of his stint Gilligan was seen as a bit of a weak wreck with bad drug and mental issues. Had the **** beaten out of him by that suspect in prison. Apparently some agreement as reached with the Cartel in Spain that he could go about his business in Dublin. Thats why hes been about in pubs in Lucan lately.

But the gardai leak yesterday said that the guy who was after him "could only be described as a dangerous, psychotic lunatic. " Not sure I'd trust that agreement to be a binding contract lol

yea really sounding like dm so they were both locked up at the same time and when you search dm up or the gilligan hitman up they both give the exact same associates david cully ledwidge and john daly
    Yeah could be him or tb, in fact it could possibly be both, although the media say the 2nd arrest was guy in his 20s. Another name floating around is DG, but not who this guy is. Is anyone not involved at this stage new names every day it seems

Also towards the latter part of his stint Gilligan was seen as a bit of a weak wreck with bad drug and mental issues. Had the **** beaten out of him by that suspect in prison. Apparently some agreement as reached with the Cartel in Spain that he could go about his business in Dublin. Thats why hes been about in pubs in Lucan lately.

But the gardai leak yesterday said that the guy who was after him "could only be described as a dangerous, psychotic lunatic. " Not sure I'd trust that agreement to be a binding contract lol

yea apparently its started years back when gilligan had a reporter come in on a visit to interview him which is against prison rules and when the interview came out the governor vetted everyones visits and it ****ed a lot of things up for the inmates so this guy attacked him and they have hated each other since. i wouldnt be trusting any agreement either the guy sounds nuts driving across the city to do a hit 3 days after the regency while the place is in lockdown seems like a person who just dont give a ****

Yeah could be him or tb, in fact it could possibly be both, although the media say the 2nd arrest was guy in his 20s. Another name floating around is DG, but not who this guy is. Is anyone not involved at this stage new names every day it seems

yea i hear the guy in his 20s is meant to be from the north inner city not sure who he is though, was dg connected to the westies? if so i hear hes been very friendly with dm myself

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Boardies seem to know more than the Garda. I don't even know flat cap but could give a good description, WTF ? Same goes for the cross dresser, If you know them then you would know them from pics ? Are they the 2 arrested ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

chillin117 wrote: »
    Boardies seem to know more than the Garda. I don't even know flat cap but could give a good description, WTF ? Same goes for the cross dresser, If you know them then you would know them from pics ? Are they the 2 arrested ?

No they're not

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

No they're not
    Why ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

chillin117 wrote: »
    Why ?

because there are processes and procedures :confused:

yea apparently its started years back when gilligan had a reporter come in on a visit to interview him which is against prison rules and when the interview came out the governor vetted everyones visits and it ****ed a lot of things up for the inmates so this guy attacked him and they have hated each other since. i wouldnt be trusting any agreement either the guy sounds nuts driving across the city to do a hit 3 days after the regency while the place is in lockdown seems like a person who just dont give a ****

I think gilligan knows now he is only a has been and with all the other sh!te thats going on its highly unlikely anyone would waste a spud on an old nobody washed up has been like gilligan. And there was several people involved in eddie hutches murder it wasn't just him acting alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Iv a feeling this thread is just Paul Williams with multiple accounts posting to himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Iv a feeling this thread is just Paul Williams with multiple accounts posting to himself.

Nah, the posts on here are fairly accurate so it can't be Paul and definately can't be Jim Cusack. I remember reading Jims piece in the Sindo one time about a murder in Limerick. He got the name and age of the victim wrong, the name of the estate where it happened wrong, and he hinted that the killer(who was dead) was 'known to Gardai' !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

They can apply for more days though before a judge if they think it will make a difference

Gardai probing the bloody Kinahan-Hutch feud have identified what they believe are five professional hitmen, the Irish Mirror can reveal.

Detectives are linking the so-called “killer elite” to more than a dozen unsolved gangland murders in Dublin.

Sources say all five are from the north side of the capital – and all allegedly work as contract killers for the Kinahan cartel.

A source said: “Investigators have pin-pointed five men in their 20s and 30s from North Dublin who they suspect are linked to several well-planned murders.

“These are not your average guns for hire. Gardai believe some of them are stone-cold killers who carry out shootings in a very clinical, professional manner. In effect, contract killers.”

One of the suspected assassins is a non-drinker who plans his gun attacks in great detail.

The source added: “All five have experience of Garda cells and interrogation rooms.

“They know how to handle themselves in such situations. They say absolutely nothing. They just sit there. They obey a code of silence.

“They are hired because they can do the job – and then keep quiet if lifted. They pick a spot on the wall and stare at it. They sit there but won’t interact. They are hardened and experienced men.

“Anytime they are brought in for questioning, especially-trained garda interrogators are drafted in to assist local officers.”

And they are backed up by experienced detectives who actually know the individuals in a bid to get them to talk.

The suspected hitmen are at the “top of the tree” on the Kinahan killing squad that has brought terror to parts of the capital.

The source added: “There are five who the Kinahan gang can trust to get the job done and then lie low.

“Trust is the big thing. The Kinahan mob don’t want any direct links back to them and they know these fellas won’t talk.”

The suspected professionals are a far cry from other hitmen hired by the gang to carry out murders at short notice.

“It’s believed low-level drug dealers have in the past been ordered to carry out a hit – simply to clear a drug debt.

The insider added: “The amateurs are more likely to botch a job than get the right target.

“They are simply carrying out a murder to earn a clean slate with a middle-ranking Kinahan cartel boss to whom they owe money.

“They couldn’t be more different from this elite band of killers.”

The serious hitmen are believed to have been involved in a number of the murders in the Kinahan-Hutch feud that has so far claimed six lives.

But gardai are confident of a breakthrough and aim to bring the shooters to justice.

The source said: “It’s a matter of time. But the detectives know what they are doing – they are very good at their job. Even professional hitmen slip up,”

This is in the mirror.ie

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/gardai-probing-kinahan-hutch-gangland-7950449

so the first man that was arrested for the eddie hutch murder has been released without charge gardai are still questioning the second man whos a suspect in the murder of baiba saulite in 2006. They didnt even hold him for the seven days just gave up after 2 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

so the first man that was arrested for the eddie hutch murder has been released without charge gardai are still questioning the second man whos a suspect in the murder of baiba saulite in 2006. They didnt even hold him for the seven days just gave up after 2 days

or perhaps they had learned enough after two days? they were never going to charge them straight away. the guards prepare a file and the DPP decides what charges to bring.

or perhaps they had learned enough after two days? they were never going to charge them straight away. the guards prepare a file and the DPP decides what charges to bring.

if they had anything concrete he would of been remanded in custody and charged on the spot they dont take chances with murder charges letting people go in the chance they can abscond or commit more crimes especially a man that they suspect killed 3 people in under 3 months in 90 percent of gangland murder cases in ireland when a man is released without charge thats usually the end of it. it is strange though that he was only kept for 2 days usually the guards would hold a murder suspect for the 7 days even if they knew they were getting nothing just to aggravate them

if they had anything concrete he would of been remanded in custody and charged on the spot they dont take chances with murder charges letting people go in the chance they can abscond or commit more crimes especially a man that they suspect killed 3 people in under 3 months in 90 percent of gangland murder cases in ireland when a man is released without charge thats usually the end of it.

It is the DPP that decides what charges, if any, are to be brought, not the gardai.
    it is strange though that he was only kept for 2 days usually the guards would hold a murder suspect for the 7 days even if they knew they were getting nothing just to aggravate them

so they should waste their time for the craic?

It is the DPP that decides what charges, if any, are to be brought, not the gardai.

so they should waste their time for the craic?

yea the dpp decides the charges but if they got a confession witness statements or forensic evidence the dpp would of got back to the guards quicky and said to charge him, the guards would of held him for the extra 5 days they had while waiting for the dpps instruction.And no not waste their time and hold him for the craic but hold him there to disrupt his operations and make other criminals thats connected to the case sweat that hes talking its a tactic the guards often use since they can rarely put these guys away

yea the dpp decides the charges but if they got a confession witness statements or forensic evidence the dpp would of got back to the guards quicky and said to charge him, the guards would of held him for the extra 5 days they had while waiting for the dpps instruction.And no not waste their time and hold him for the craic but hold him there to disrupt his operations and make other criminals thats connected to the case sweat that hes talking its a tactic the guards often use since they can rarely put these guys away

if they had that kind of hard evidence do you think he would be walking the streets now? do you think he will just confess? that somebody would be willing to make a witness statement?

if they had that kind of hard evidence do you think he would be walking the streets now? do you think he will just confess? that somebody would be willing to make a witness statement?

obviously not i thought they would do their job and hold him for the 7 days and put pressure on him and try crack him your the one who said perhaps they got enough evidence and released him after 2 days

• Advertisement

obviously not i thought they would do their job and hold him for the 7 days and put pressure on him and try crack him your the one who said perhaps they got enough evidence and released him after 2 days

i never said they got enough evidence. i said they had learned enough.

Maybe they were innocent and could prove it in 2 days

Strange how everyone jumps past that possibility

maybe but highly doubtful in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

These lads know what there doing in custody, they've done it all before. What's your name? No comment. Where were you on the night of.... No comment. And so on for days.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

macnug wrote: »
    These lads know what there doing in custody, they've done it all before. What's your name? No comment. Where were you on the night of.... No comment. And so on for days.
    If you can keep it up its not a difficult strategy to remember.

And don't fall for the old good cop bad cop routine !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

macnug wrote: »

Yes but if they ask certain questions and get a no comment reply then the judge/jury can take that into account during the trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

you have the right to remain silent. So by doing so how can the judge take it into account as its your right!

benny79 wrote: »
    you have the right to remain silent. So by doing so how can the judge take it into account as its your right!

it is not an absolute right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Did they plead da fifth?
    Aiiiiiii

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seerscryer

Gardai are clueless as to who murdered Eddie Hutch! They are arresting the usual suspects , probably not because they know they did it, but more likely they have intel that there is a an attack imminent but they do not know who the target is. In this case it was merely a matter of disruption policing. This would suggest the attack is supposedly coming from the Kinahan Cartel side, as this side seems to be less leaky.

Gardai visited Spain last week (3 detectives) looking for statements from a number of people who were present at the Regency Hotel weigh in shooting. This people were boxers and supporters of the boxing Gym MGM, so it took them three months to get around to this! Could be that they had to go through the appropriate channels with the Spanish to organise this. The three Gardai were accompanied by members of the Policia Nacional and an interpreter that couldn t speak English too well apparently.

However, in addition to the photos of flat cap and the drag queen (who is actually as free as a bird ;-)) there were three undercover cops at the Regency Hotel weigh in and still nobody arrested over this attack (Although the Garda Commissioner stated that she did not believe it was necessary to have a Garda presence at the weigh in). Although some of the perpetrators have been served with GIM, strange that? There was also believed to have been a witness from the very beginning, independent of the undercover Gardai, who has bee subsequently threatened by one of the Hutch Faction and this witness is in hiding. This is all known to the Gardai obviously, why have there been no arrests?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

seerscryer wrote: »
    Gardai are clueless as to who murdered Eddie Hutch! They are arresting the usual suspects , probably not because they know they did it, but more likely they have intel that there is a an attack imminent but they do not know who the target is. In this case it was merely a matter of disruption policing. This would suggest the attack is supposedly coming from the Kinahan Cartel side, as this side seems to be less leaky.

Gardai visited Spain last week (3 detectives) looking for statements from a number of people who were present at the Regency Hotel weigh in shooting. This people were boxers and supporters of the boxing Gym MGM, so it took them three months to get around to this! Could be that they had to go through the appropriate channels with the Spanish to organise this. The three Gardai were accompanied by members of the Policia Nacional and an interpreter that couldn t speak English too well apparently.

However, in addition to the photos of flat cap and the drag queen (who is actually as free as a bird ;-)) there were three undercover cops at the Regency Hotel weigh in and still nobody arrested over this attack (Although the Garda Commissioner stated that she did not believe it was necessary to have a Garda presence at the weigh in). Although some of the perpetrators have been served with GIM, strange that? There was also believed to have been a witness from the very beginning, independent of the undercover Gardai, who has bee subsequently threatened by one of the Hutch Faction and this witness is in hiding. This is all known to the Gardai obviously, why have there been no arrests?

you seem to know your stuff

yea apparently there was a spotter whos job was to tell the gunmen where dk was sitting and what he was wearing but he wasnt told the scale of how big the hit was going to be he was told dk was going to be killed by a hitmen when he left the hotel.He brought his kids to the event and was supposedly shocked and horrified when men came in shooting with aks and believes that innocent people could of been killed including his kids he supposedly made his disgust known to members of the crew who hired him and they were not very happy about how he felt and thought he might talk to gardai about it ,the man became worried for his life and it is rumoured he has gone in to hiding

yea apparently there was a spotter whos job was to tell the gunmen where dk was sitting and what he was wearing but he wasnt told the scale of how big the hit was going to be he was told dk was going to be killed by a hitmen when he left the hotel.He brought his kids to the event and was supposedly shocked and horrified when men came in shooting with aks and believes that innocent people could of been killed including his kids he supposedly made his disgust known to members of the crew who hired him and they were not very happy about how he felt and thought he might talk to gardai about it ,the man became worried for his life and it is rumoured he has gone in to hiding

Did the two guys with AKs actually fire their weapons? was the shooting not done by the two with pistols?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Either way it almost doesn't even matter for flatcap, PH, JG, KM and whoever else. A life in jail, or a life on the run, until the day you slip up. Neither option sounds that appealing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement