Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Did the two guys with AKs actually fire their weapons? was the shooting not done by the two with pistols?

No they didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

Did the two guys with AKs actually fire their weapons? was the shooting not done by the two with pistols?

apparently byrne was finished off with an ak well thats according to nicola tallant

apparently byrne was finished off with an ak well thats according to nicola tallant

A very reliable source! /sarcasm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Haha, Her main sources include peoples unlocked facebook and twitter accounts!

i know well sure shes a fountain of knowledge lol.But on a more serious note its well known now that the security cameras were hacked the day before the attack so that there would be no security footage available and a major dublin drug lord whos based on the continent many years and has been staying in germany recently has been pictured with a dutch man who he meets daily and is close friends with who has been involved in major cyber crime too much of a coincidence for me

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

what does the 'P' in PH stand for?Youe not naming names just a forename.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

"...served with GIM"

Sorry what does this mean? I don't speak gangster :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

davmol wrote: »

Patricia :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

"...served with GIM"

Sorry what does this mean? I don't speak gangster :pac:

Garda Information Message, usually telling people that they may be in danger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

davmol wrote: »

Nicola, is that you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Nicola, is that you?
    There's one way to find out, tell some lies and see if she quotes you as her "source".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Strumms wrote: »

PH finally

PH finally

you sure thats ph pal? if so be interesting to see how it goes and shouldnt be to long till flat cap is picked up to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

you sure thats ph pal? if so be interesting to see how it goes and shouldnt be to long till flat cap is picked up to

Independent.ie reckon it is ph
    Sources suggest that the suspect who was arrested tonight was pictured fleeing the hotel dressed as a woman.

• Advertisement

Independent.ie reckon it is ph

thanks just after reading it there this will be an interesting one no doubt he will remain silent for the questioning we'll find out now if the picture with the makeup is enough to charge him. it also says another man was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving could this be the getaway driver? surely if they seen him dangerously driving tonight he would of been arrested for dangerous driving and not on suspicion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

thanks just after reading it there this will be an interesting one no doubt he will remain silent for the questioning we'll find out now if the picture with the makeup is enough to charge him. it also says another man was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving could this be the getaway driver? surely if they seen him dangerously driving tonight he would of been arrested for dangerous driving and not on suspicion

He hasn't been found guilty of dangerous driving, hence the ''suspicion''.

He hasn't been found guilty of dangerous driving, hence the ''suspicion''.

i know but ive been arrested a few times myself and if your seen dangerous driving by a guard your charged with dangerous driving when your arrested not with suspicion of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Who is this lad in drag.. is that who has been arrested ? ... I know there is PH and various initials in the thread but I'm not on here enough or connected enough to disphifer this stuff.. and my Google isn't as good as some others google... pm if needed.. very interesting thread though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

A close family member to Gerry's side.

• Advertisement

ph is the lad in drag

PH finally

What the F was he doing in coolock that makes for easy pickings since LB's guns dont live to far away

Everybody is always arrested on suspicion as nobody is found guilty on the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

No luck for the hutch faction in all of this.

JustTheOne wrote: »

Things can change just as quick, you never know they might get a little hit in there but I think it will be a one way street. Safest place for PH now I would say is jail

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭i8mancs

The second man arrested is a feared hitman, am i right in saying this is GF ?

i8mancs wrote: »
    The second man arrested is a feared hitman, am i right in saying this is GF ?

Could be margo

But i'd say it is most likely GF

They now know the location of drag. Not good for him if released.

They now know the location of drag. Not good for him if released.

Seems like it was a police chase and thats just where the car was stopped

tomofson wrote: »
    Seems like it was a police chase and thats just where the car was stopped

I mean the station he is in now.

He is number one target and I'm sure the other gang will now watch very closely when he is released.

• Advertisement

The Star reporting the Monk is about to be arrested too. When they can find him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

The Star reporting the Monk is about to be arrested too. When they can find him.

why are they giving him a heads up, if he's not in hiding before he will be now.

It amazing the gardai are always able to find the when they need to serve them with a GIM for their safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seerscryer

Strumms wrote: »
    Who is this lad in drag.. is that who has been arrested ? ... I know there is PH and various initials in the thread but I'm not on here enough or connected enough to disphifer this stuff.. and my Google isn't as good as some others google... pm if needed.. very interesting thread though...
    The younger brother of Gary Hutch, who was murdered in Spain.

I don t think it is bad luck that there have been so many leaks and arrests connected with the Hutch Faction.

PH finally

What the F was he doing in coolock that makes for easy pickings since LB's guns dont live to far away
    It seems that PH and JG were searching for a target in that general area, perhaps in the Coolock area?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

seerscryer wrote: »
    It seems that PH and JG were searching for a target in that general area, perhaps in the Coolock area?

They are even more stupid than I thought, driving around together with checkpoints all over the place.

spurious wrote: »

They are even more stupid than I thought, driving around together with checkpoints all over the place.
    cccccc

spurious wrote: »

cccccc

Was a gun found in the car? Anyone any ideas of who they might have been looking for in the coolock area?

• Advertisement

Was a gun found in the car? Anyone any ideas of who they might have been looking for in the coolock area?
    JG actually has an address in Coolock, could be they were returning back to base after a scouting expedition?

JG actually has an address in Coolock, could be they were returning back to base after a scouting expedition?

I wouldn't say JG would be staying at he's given address, you never know where the chase started though it cuold be they where trying to get a certain hitman released during the week

I wouldn't say JG would be staying at he's given address, you never know where the chase started though it cuold be they where trying to get a certain hitman released during the week
    Yes absolutely! You could be perfectly right! My comment was made to provoke discussion not to give a fact, that s why I ended the comment with a question mark. Thanks for the thought anyhow!

Yes absolutely! You could be perfectly right! My comment was made to provoke discussion not to give a fact, that s why I ended the comment with a question mark. Thanks for the thought anyhow!

Why don't the Hutch faction just give up its more than obvious who is going to win this, Only one winner is going to come out of this the Hutch gang wont get anyone of any significance to LB, because thats who the feud is between Kinahans have little to do with the whole thing now. LB vs PH is really what it is. Saying that though the LB side may have killed more but did they really get anyone of significance? The only person with any involvement they killed was Barr and thats a bit flakey and not a fact that he had involved nor even a fact he was killed as part of the feud...

He has been released without charge.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I'm confused- was the 2nd person named? And if JG surely that's not the same JG whose surname is useful for fish? Or am I mixing up my JG's?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

humberklog wrote: »
    I'm confused- was the 2nd person named? And if JG surely that's not the same JG whose surname is useful for fish? Or am I mixing up my JG's?

I assume it's the JG who shares a surname with a late Boyzone singer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Aaaah, of course.

With all due respect, I do not think this is just like a game or a boxing match where you might be allowed to just give up. Also I think that it is a little more complicated than you make out. It seems the feud is definitely between the Kinahans and whoever is against them, as you pointed out somethings are not clear cut. But we certainly do not really know conclusively what s going on in this forum. But my opinion, and it is only MY opinion is:
    1. PH shot a boxer in the grounds of Daniel Kinahan s villa in Spain.
    2. It was then later believed that this was the first attempted murder against DK albeit bungled.
    3. There was another attempt on the life of DK at the Red Cow Hotel at another boxing show. Although it was reported that LR cousin of LB was the target, I know this to be ridiculous as LR wasn t there on the night.
    4. There was a meeting between Kinahan senior accompanied by 2 other senior Kinahan Cartel members and 2 of the Hutchs PH senior and JH his older brother this was a week or so before the Regency Hotel attack. I have reason to believe that the KInahan side were expecting to have another meeting at a date to be determined with more of the Hutch Faction and more of the Kinahan Cartel in attendance with a view to cooling the escalating feud down and trying to come to a compromise.
    5. The attack at the Regency Hotel seemed to take the Kinahan side by surprise, but again the well planned attack was bungled but led to the death of DB.
    6. This was clearly an attack on DK, which means that the attack and by implication the feud very much involved them even if it actually resulted in the death of DB.
    7. It seems to be the belief of the Kinahan side that there were a number of dissidents involved in additions to Hutch family members. It can be imagined that if these were left unchecked they may well make a 4th attempt on the life of DK and other Kinahan family members, so in my opinion it is unlikely that any side will just give up.
    8. Gerry Hutch had been known to have tried to recruit republican dissidents in 2015 with the help of Noel Duggan (who knew them through his smuggling activities). They were turned down by the Northern dissidents.
    9. The belief was that Gerry wished to help his brother PH to avenge the death of his son, but did not want to be seen to be involved directly, as he still wanted to cover himself with the mantle of former ODC, never involved with drugs, social worker who never made a penny from crime but made his fortune through property investment / development.
    10. Gerry cautioned his brother PH about taking such a direct, collision course but he could not be dissuaded.
    11. PH drag queen worked for former Sinn Fein councillor JD who helped organise the Regency attack, supported by Barr and at least 2 more dissidents in additions to a publican blood related to the Hutchs. Gerry is believed to be a silent investor in the Sunset House bar and others. The murder of Barr is by no means conclusively proven to cut an dried. There are a lot of strange goings on in this whole feud. Finally, NO this cannot be proven, by me especially, nor do I intend to try to! However, to say that it is going to go away or it is only between LB and PH is not correct, in my opinion and I am just as much a granny gossip as us all in this forum, but I am curious as to what others think?

Me disagreeing with your opinion, is in no way a personal attack on you and I hope you see it for what it is an attempt to introduce other perspectives to this debate! I also welcome other peoples opinions whether or not they concur with my own. Thank you.

With all due respect, I do not think this is just like a game or a boxing match where you might be allowed to just give up. Also I think that it is a little more complicated than you make out. It seems the feud is definitely between the Kinahans and whoever is against them, as you pointed out somethings are not clear cut. But we certainly do not really know conclusively what s going on in this forum. But my opinion, and it is only MY opinion is:
    1. PH shot a boxer in the grounds of Daniel Kinahan s villa in Spain.
    2. It was then later believed that this was the first attempted murder against DK albeit bungled.
    3. There was another attempt on the life of DK at the Red Cow Hotel at another boxing show. Although it was reported that LR cousin of LB was the target, I know this to be ridiculous as LR wasn t there on the night.
    4. There was a meeting between Kinahan senior accompanied by 2 other senior Kinahan Cartel members and 2 of the Hutchs PH senior and JH his older brother this was a week or so before the Regency Hotel attack. I have reason to believe that the KInahan side were expecting to have another meeting at a date to be determined with more of the Hutch Faction and more of the Kinahan Cartel in attendance with a view to cooling the escalating feud down and trying to come to a compromise.
    5. The attack at the Regency Hotel seemed to take the Kinahan side by surprise, but again the well planned attack was bungled but led to the death of DB.
    6. This was clearly an attack on DK, which means that the attack and by implication the feud very much involved them even if it actually resulted in the death of DB.
    7. It seems to be the belief of the Kinahan side that there were a number of dissidents involved in additions to Hutch family members. It can be imagined that if these were left unchecked they may well make a 4th attempt on the life of DK and other Kinahan family members, so in my opinion it is unlikely that any side will just give up.
    8. Gerry Hutch had been known to have tried to recruit republican dissidents in 2015 with the help of Noel Duggan (who knew them through his smuggling activities). They were turned down by the Northern dissidents.
    9. The belief was that Gerry wished to help his brother PH to avenge the death of his son, but did not want to be seen to be involved directly, as he still wanted to cover himself with the mantle of former ODC, never involved with drugs, social worker who never made a penny from crime but made his fortune through property investment / development.
    10. Gerry cautioned his brother PH about taking such a direct, collision course but he could not be dissuaded.
    11. PH drag queen worked for former Sinn Fein councillor JD who helped organise the Regency attack, supported by Barr and at least 2 more dissidents in additions to a publican blood related to the Hutchs. Gerry is believed to be a silent investor in the Sunset House bar and others. The murder of Barr is by no means conclusively proven to cut an dried. There are a lot of strange goings on in this whole feud. Finally, NO this cannot be proven, by me especially, nor do I intend to try to! However, to say that it is going to go away or it is only between LB and PH is not correct, in my opinion and I am just as much a granny gossip as us all in this forum, but I am curious as to what others think?

Me disagreeing with your opinion, is in no way a personal attack on you and I hope you see it for what it is an attempt to introduce other perspectives to this debate! I also welcome other peoples opinions whether or not they concur with my own. Thank you.

What opinion exactly did you disagree with? Kinahan is no really involved anymore LB has taken over as a leading figure in the feud and is putting up the money for each murder. LB has not got anyone of significance killed. So is that what got noel duggan killed cause he acted as a type of recruiter for the Hutch faction??? I think LB and PH are acting as sort of leader figures in each faction currently. Im not saying thats how its always been or always will be as things can change very quickly but currently and over the last few months thats what seems to be happening.

seercryer i agree with all your points but just want to talk about 1 and 2. That night there was a party been held in a nightclub on the costa with all the main players of this feud in attendence including dk gh and ph. Apparently ph was very ****ed up on coke and had a massive argument with gh in front of everybody and start calling him a dosser for the kinahans and saying he wasnt as high up in the cartel as he should be especially after all the money he had invested in the cartel from the bank robbery in 2009 basically just saying he was their muppet, anyhow the argument turned into a fight and punches were exchanged and ph was thrown out of the club and gh an dk and the rest continued the party. Dk and gh were living together at the time and went back to their villa and kept the seshion going and the boxer was told to call over when apparently ph was waiting there and from what i was told he wasnt waiting for dk but for gh that he was coked out of his head and furious over the fight and wanted to shoot gh in the legs, which makes sense to me as the boxer was shot in the legs and if it was dk he was after he would of surely took the head shot.Anyways dk was supposedly furious that he attempted to shoot gh at his property bringing police heat down on him and it was agreed ph would be kneecapped in retaliation which also makes sense as if dk thought ph was there to kill him he would of had ph killed and not kneecapped. well there just my 2 cents anywho

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement