Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Bambi wrote: »
    Presumably you'd alternate stickers of them in drag to fill out the album

Like swopsies in school when the world cup '90' stickers were doing the rounds :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bambi wrote: »
    Presumably you'd alternate stickers of them in drag to fill out the album

The idea of Gerry Hutch or Fat Freddie turned out a la Dame Edna is something we can all do without seeing let alone collecting... :eek::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Strumms wrote: »
    The idea of Gerry Hutch or Fat Freddie turned out a la Dame Edna is something we can all do without seeing let alone collecting... :eek::pac:
    I'm afraid your worst fears have already taken place......:pac:

http://darkroom.sundayworld.com/650/0/98a8deb1689c7c7767ccec4de4e924d2:07b844cc7ca08918fd149d46732f54bb/fat-freddie-s-disguise

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/fat-freddie-stopped-by-gardai-while-walking-through-dublin-in-drag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

This has taken a weird turn :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

I wonder how easy is it to get a gun in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭dinorebel

PM me:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

It depends on what circles you move in. If you are dodgy and know dodgy people, it shouldn't be too hard.

A normal Joe Soap who minds his own business will find it harder to get one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

BattleCorp wrote: »
    It depends on what circles you move in. If you are dodgy and know dodgy people, it shouldn't be too hard.

A normal Joe Soap who minds his own business will find it harder to get one.
    Unless he is in the gun business which is a good business to mind ones own business:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Keith Walker murder last summer in Clonsilla? I'd highly doubt that, the only relation is the drag appearance. Walker was a totally innocent man. Apparently it was a hit gone wrong on JOC related to the Westies feud. Walker was apparently friendly with JOC because they both kept pigeons and it was at the pigeon club it happened. The bungling hitman was drugged up and even asked for directions on the way. He was also charged aswell.

I only let ya in cause of the pigeons

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Another Sunday World article:
    http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/flat-cap-shooter-being-hunted-by-kinahan-cartel-hitmen-gangland

Apparently the arrest of 'flat cap' is imminent and the Kinahans are looking to have him whacked first.

The also mention "Detectives have also discovered that a well-known veteran crime figure was also centrally involved in the planning of the Regency attack and drove members of the gang away afterwards."
    That was hardly 'The Monk', was it? It doesn't seem to be his style in recent decades to get his hands dirty. Was it 'King Size'?

Papers are saying the Gardai and State are putting all their resources into tackling the Hutch side because of the dissident involvement. They also have 24/7 armed Gardai outside Cartel members homes to protect them, and the people involved are happy with this quite friendly with them. Charges will be brought against Flat Cap and some others in that faction according to the Indo. But nothing to Kinahans, and because of the extra breathing room they are operating with impunity at the moment, only CAB is a slight distraction for them.

It seems the brown envelope culture is alive and well in the police force, cosying up to an international drug cartel. They are untouchable it seems, the comparisions to Mexico werent too far wrong.

All the latest information is pointing to the Hutch gang being the priority and rightly so!
    They stole lots of money, pretended to go straight and have Dublin in chaos because "nobody ****s with them"
    Whilst I detest drug dealers, I am glad it's someone who can stand up to them!
    As the Gardai won't or can't and innocent people wouldn't dare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Papers are saying the Gardai and State are putting all their resources into tackling the Hutch side because of the dissident involvement. They also have 24/7 armed Gardai outside Cartel members homes to protect them, and the people involved are happy with this quite friendly with them. Charges will be brought against Flat Cap and some others in that faction according to the Indo. But nothing to Kinahans, and because of the extra breathing room they are operating with impunity at the moment, only CAB is a slight distraction for them.

It seems the brown envelope culture is alive and well in the police force, cosying up to an international drug cartel. They are untouchable it seems, the comparisions to Mexico werent too far wrong.

Well said Danie...I mean Peter !:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Well said Danie...I mean Peter !:o

Should of course have said ' well said Gerr..I mean Peter! :o:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

I don't really believe this to be honest. I'd say the guards have equal hatred for both sides. And who is this "Hutch" side anyway? 7 or 8 guys, half of who are on the run now apart from PH (in custody) and JG? they're vastly outnumbered. Two of the Hutches getting their faces photographed after the Regency is a fair starting point for any garda investigaton in fairness. They seem fairly sure who's behind the Kinahan killings. Proving it though is a different story.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I wonder what the net effect is on drug distribution in the city. For example how would a dealer that's being supplied by the cartel's contacts get on with pedaling in Hutch territory?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seerscryer

tomofson wrote: »
    seercryer i agree with all your points but just want to talk about 1 and 2. That night there was a party been held in a nightclub on the costa with all the main players of this feud in attendence including dk gh and ph. Apparently ph was very ****ed up on coke and had a massive argument with gh in front of everybody and start calling him a dosser for the kinahans and saying he wasnt as high up in the cartel as he should be especially after all the money he had invested in the cartel from the bank robbery in 2009 basically just saying he was their muppet, anyhow the argument turned into a fight and punches were exchanged and ph was thrown out of the club and gh an dk and the rest continued the party. Dk and gh were living together at the time and went back to their villa and kept the seshion going and the boxer was told to call over when apparently ph was waiting there and from what i was told he wasnt waiting for dk but for gh that he was coked out of his head and furious over the fight and wanted to shoot gh in the legs, which makes sense to me as the boxer was shot in the legs and if it was dk he was after he would of surely took the head shot.Anyways dk was supposedly furious that he attempted to shoot gh at his property bringing police heat down on him and it was agreed ph would be kneecapped in retaliation which also makes sense as if dk thought ph was there to kill him he would of had ph killed and not kneecapped. well there just my 2 cents anywho

Someone who has an ego as big as DK's would have him killed for just trying to have a shot at him, regardless if he was trying to kill him or not. Just my opinion on the matter maybe I'm wrong, if all this is true then it really was the Hutch faction that provoked the feud in the first place it seems like DK's crew was trying to avoid it. For one of two things I think they would of wanted to avoid it 1 being the amount of garda/police attention it would bring on the mob and the amount of money they would lose. 2 A level of respect they have for the seniors in the Hutch camp.
    The report that I read stated that PH did not go out that night in his apartment (obviously he didn't stay in as he was waiting in the grounds of DK's villa). Gary Hutch didn't go out either he stayed in the villa with a girl friend. DK left the merry making in Puerto Banus early and arrived back at the villa much earlier than expected. It was much later when the boxing coach arrived at the DK villa and he knew the key code on the gate of the villa to allow himself access to the grounds where he was confronted by the masked gunman. Slightly inebriated, the boxing coach apparently he believed it be a wind up and moved towards the gunman, who panicked and shot him!

bajer101 wrote: »
    I think it is safe to assume that PH will be charged and that is why the Sunday World have now run with the un-pixelated photos. The photos were taken by the SW so they will want to be first out of the blocks with releasing them officially. Even though we have all seen the original photos before this, they will want to get some return on having their people on the scene. Their legal advice must have been not to publish until the people in question were in custody, and that is what has happened.
    I heard a whisper that the Gardai are on two minds and PH may in fact be released!

JustTheOne wrote: »
    He actually looks like a normal lad. Wouldn't put his face as been involved in such a dangerous feud.
    Absolutely! So now we know what is meant by the saying "looks can be deceptive".

• Advertisement

arayess wrote: »
    How come we have heard nothing since March about either of the weapons seizures in Meath ? One guy from Donegal was charged with IRA membership with AKs found in Slane, it said it would be back in court the 16th of March but nothing in the media about that, is he in custody or whats the deal? Also in Ratoath, 3 guys caught in car only 2 charged? Why, and whats the update there are they free or in custody?

Very secretive whatever the story is.

in ratoath
    there were 3 arrested
    two in a car each (2 cars) and one in the house.
    one of the cars had nothing in it , i'm guessing it was a spotter car for checkpoints.
    so there was no evidence against the driver hence no charge.
    "[font=Georgia, serif]The men, named in court as Joseph Jones and Alan Donohue, appeared before a special sitting of Trim District Court the court yesterday evening."[/font]

The father of the second named accused was formerly an armourer for the IRA, he was formerly a co accused of Derek "Delboy" Hutch. Yes it is quite hush hush, deals being done no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Did Joe Jones manage to get away on his honeymoon?.
    Probably took the edge of the relaxing bit of its function

I doubt that the kind of corruption that you are alluding to exists to this extent in the Gardai. More likely, the kind of corruption that saw Paul Williams having penalty points quashed by the Garda Commissioner is more likely! I do not believe that the brown envelope culture is endemic in the Gardai. However, I do believe that the Kinahan Cartel are receiving information, whether from the Gardai or other security sources. I see this being more likely a disgruntled Garda supplying this information for personal motives, if this indeed be the case.

Regarding the Hutch Faction and the Dissidents, I would say you are bang on in saying that there is more of a focus on the Hutch FAction because of their involvement with the Republican Dissidents. However, I put the amount of arrests and captures to both of these groups being riddled with informants. I refer particularly to the NIRA in Dublin, this is probably the reason the Norther Dissidents do not seem to be so keen to back them up down south.

I don't really believe this to be honest. I'd say the guards have equal hatred for both sides. And who is this "Hutch" side anyway? 7 or 8 guys, half of who are on the run now apart from PH (in custody) and JG? they're vastly outnumbered. Two of the Hutches getting their faces photographed after the Regency is a fair starting point for any garda investigaton in fairness. They seem fairly sure who's behind the Kinahan killings. Proving it though is a different story.

The Guards hate the Dissidents the most by far. And probably now by extension this brings heat on the Hutches. Most of the Guards resources are tied up in the Dissidents even though these days they arent many left operating in the South, and certainly not many in an intelligent manner. I'd say like the previous feud with Dissidents, the Guards are happy enough to sit back and see the Dissidents being taken out. They seem to accept they will never beat Drug gangs, and Kinahans are probably better than a power vacuum left in their place. But with the Republicans, they are now very weak since alot have been jailed or killed.

humberklog wrote: »
    I wonder what the net effect is on drug distribution in the city. For example how would a dealer that's being supplied by the cartel's contacts get on with pedaling in Hutch territory?
    I believe that the Hutch Faction are well capable of peddling in their own area(s) but are running short of supply at the moment. Furthermore, I believe that they are all involved in drugs without exception, whatever has been said about making their money through property deals!

These groups are THE SAME! It's only about business, I think this so called feud was a massive miscalculation that has resulted in this urban war. Just as the wars fought throughout the world are not really about religion or borders, they are invariably about the control of resources and power. But in Dublin's underworld the resource is not oil or gas or minerals it is drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

Where do the Hutch faction sit on the Christy Griffin feud a few years back. Are they a third independent gang or were they involved on one side?

seerscryer wrote: »
    I doubt that the kind of corruption that you are alluding to exists to this extent in the Gardai. More likely, the kind of corruption that saw Paul Williams having penalty points quashed by the Garda Commissioner is more likely! I do not believe that the brown envelope culture is endemic in the Gardai. However, I do believe that the Kinahan Cartel are receiving information, whether from the Gardai or other security sources. I see this being more likely a disgruntled Garda supplying this information for personal motives, if this indeed be the case.

Regarding the Hutch Faction and the Dissidents, I would say you are bang on in saying that there is more of a focus on the Hutch FAction because of their involvement with the Republican Dissidents. However, I put the amount of arrests and captures to both of these groups being riddled with informants. I refer particularly to the NIRA in Dublin, this is probably the reason the Norther Dissidents do not seem to be so keen to back them up down south.

You are possibly correct there but I do find it strange how the Cartel are always one step ahead. And we all know the Gardai have been corrupt in the past and implicit in murky business. They are not the guardians of peace that their shills in the media like Williams like to portray. I believe the combination of the NIRA faction being formed in 2012 with the merger of RAAD, the death of their leader AR, and finally the mass expulsion of anyone connected to AR meant to NIRA was finished before it began. There are probably more informers in the NIRA then not. The ones that werent have been killed, jailed or expelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rondog

What ever about getting the Monk,cutting off the head of the Kinahans being topping wither DK or CK snr is a near impossible task.
    I know a bar manager on the costa(bar is owned by DK) who pays rent to DK and at the gate of his gated Villa community there are constantly 4/5 lads pacing about with mobile phones.When said bar manager pulled up at the residence on his moped to pay 'rent' 4 lads were on him like a fat kid on cake.

Also,CK snr is floating around the Mideast,virtually owns a street in an affluent suburb of Dubai and other properties in a neighbouring Islamic country.He is anonymous over there and in a country where murder is punishable by death,he can be fairly relaxed and its not likely the hutchs have the grasp to get him over there.

You are possibly correct there but I do find it strange how the Cartel are always one step ahead. And we all know the Gardai have been corrupt in the past and implicit in murky business. They are not the guardians of peace that their shills in the media like Williams like to portray. I believe the combination of the NIRA faction being formed in 2012 with the merger of RAAD, the death of their leader AR, and finally the mass expulsion of anyone connected to AR meant to NIRA was finished before it began. There are probably more informers in the NIRA then not. The ones that werent have been killed, jailed or expelled.
    I believe that the Kinahan Cartel are one step ahead of the Hutch FAction at the moment, for a number of reasons:
    1. The K Cartel are obviously getting a lot of intelligence information, I believe from Security sources, Hutch camp and dissidents.
    2. The Hutch Faction is riddled with informants as are the Dissidents, now they are tearing each other apart by informing. Hutch faction members are trying to put dissidents into various roles in the Regency Hotel attack even though some of those names were not involved, in an effort to try to bring the dissidents fully into the fray and in an effort to distance themselves from the Regency Hotel attack.
    3. It was even suggested that the Hutch faction may have colluded (in the background) in having Michael Barr murdered, indirectly facilitating everything in an effort to get NIRA completely committed to their war.
    4. A lot of their key players (assassins) are taking prescription medication like other people would use chewing gum. The main drivers for this feud is PH's father, he seems to have pressured the rest of his family into acting prematurely, but still wants to stay in the background and prod others into action.

• Advertisement

I believe that the Kinahan Cartel are one step ahead of the Hutch FAction at the moment, for a number of reasons:
    1. The K Cartel are obviously getting a lot of intelligence information, I believe from Security sources, Hutch camp and dissidents.
    2. The Hutch Faction is riddled with informants as are the Dissidents, now they are tearing each other apart by informing. Hutch faction members are trying to put dissidents into various roles in the Regency Hotel attack even though some of those names were not involved, in an effort to try to bring the dissidents fully into the fray and in an effort to distance themselves from the Regency Hotel attack.
    3. It was even suggested that the Hutch faction may have colluded (in the background) in having Michael Barr murdered, indirectly facilitating everything in an effort to get NIRA completely committed to their war.
    4. A lot of their key players (assassins) are taking prescription medication like other people would use chewing gum. The main drivers for this feud is PH's father, he seems to have pressured the rest of his family into acting prematurely, but still wants to stay in the background and prod others into action.
    1)The K's have the cash and connections to get info.Sure there was a couple of Garda who were friends with DK on twitter and wanted to train in his MGM gym in Marbella.One other guard who was known to socialise with the Kinahans in Marbella.
    3)Have heard accounts of this but dont believe it,RH was present that night and fled for his own safety.The hutches wouldn't risk getting locked up for life for murder for one of the few that are taking sides and working with the Hucthes.
    4)True: these lads are on uppers ,downers and all type of relaxants and anti anxiety meds just to get thru the day.One of the hitmen on the Kinahan side is known to be off his head most of the time and has been partying non stop for the last couple of weeks out in finglas.

Its only a matter of time before one of them slips up and get caught.Anyone of them could spill the beans and rat everyone out (to save themselves)and be the down fall of the Cartel or the hutches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Where do the Hutch faction sit on the Christy Griffin feud a few years back. Are they a third independent gang or were they involved on one side?

I think they would have been known to both sides and vice versa but I dont think they chose a side or where actively involved in the feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

I think they would have been known to both sides and vice versa but I dont think they chose a side or where actively involved in the feud.

I always wondered what the pecking order was in the north inner city. When Christy was out and in charge, were the Griffins the main gang in the area or was it the Hutchs'.

I'd always thought the Hutch's had gone away, after the Monk apparently went straight, the way this has all kicked off its obvious they haven't. I suppose with Sheriff Street being a relatively small area there was probably a lot of cross over between the gangs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

I always wondered what the pecking order was in the north inner city. When Christy was out and in charge, were the Griffins the main gang in the area or was it the Hutchs'.

I'd always thought the Hutch's had gone away, after the Monk apparently went straight, the way this has all kicked off its obvious they haven't. I suppose with Sheriff Street being a relatively small area there was probably a lot of cross over between the gangs.

The Hutches more or less did go away until a few years ago when the younger ones made a comeback. Griffin was a big up moron but a lot of people believe he didn't really do it which I cant really blame them for thinking whenever the garda want a top criminal off the scene they can easily get someone to make up bull**** so they go away for 10-20 years. It happened to another well known criminal

Poor old PH, three days in custody now. Wonder will he cry like a girl and admit all. That Sunday World cover was probably an attempt to convince him to fess up!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

The Hutches more or less did go away until a few years ago when the younger ones made a comeback. Griffin was a big up moron but a lot of people believe he didn't really do it which I cant really blame them for thinking whenever the garda want a top criminal off the scene they can easily get someone to make up bull**** so they go away for 10-20 years. It happened to another well known criminal

you saying rossi was innocent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

Poor old PH, three days in custody now. Wonder will he cry like a girl and admit all. That Sunday World cover was probably an attempt to convince him to fess up!

i doubt it i dont think anybody would ever admit to something thats going to get them a life sentence even if the evidence was stacked against them

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭fergiesfav

All these initials are confusing. What side has GF taken? I see earlier people say it Hutchs, but the Indo and Sunday world would suggest the Kinahans? Aren't BF and JG the two from opposite sides that own a salon together as reported by the Herald? If BF is with the Kinahans surely GF is to?

fergiesfav wrote: »
    All these initials are confusing. What side has GF taken? I see earlier people say it Hutchs, but the Indo and Sunday world would suggest the Kinahans? Aren't BF and JG the two from opposite sides that own a salon together as reported by the Herald? If BF is with the Kinahans surely GF is to?

Google is your friend.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

What? Not Fúcking likely. Is this post a joke?
    fergiesfav wrote: »

The initials aren't that confusing to you if you know who these guys are. Wtf are you talking about about the brothers GF and BF being on opposite sides, or what side GF has taken!! It is not a question of GF taking a side, he is the side FFS!

Not a chance PH will admit to anything.These boys have been in interview rooms since they were kids.They know how to play the system and whereas the average Joe blogs would crumble under pressure these lads know to stay quiet and see out their detention period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

The initials aren't that confusing to you if you know who these guys are.
    Wtf are you talking about about the brothers GF and BF being on opposite sides, or what side GF has taken!! It is not a question of GF taking a side, he is the side FFS!

Who are these "FFS" and "WTF" initialed gangsters?

And what's this about a boyfriend and girlfriend being on opposite sides?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Who are these "FFS" and "WTF" initialed gangsters?

And what's this about a boyfriend and girlfriend being on opposite sides?

:pac:

I think FFS is Fat Freddie's Sister. Not sure who WTF is. Maybe he's FFS's boyfriend. :pac:

Bit of clarification needed (if its known)- G+B F are surely still with the cartel? No?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Associated with these Industries: Community Service :D

Bit of clarification needed (if its known)- G+B F are surely still with the cartel? No?

They most surely are.

rondog wrote: »
    They most surely are.

I thought they were still with the Hutches and GF is now in hiding in the north if the papers are to be believed?

rondog wrote: »
    They most surely are.

Thanks, was getting confused with all the abbreviations.

I thought they were still with the Hutches and GF is now in hiding in the north if the papers are to be believed?

That's kinda why I was asking too. But I didn't really believe it and then it got me wondering if they were on the hutches side where would that leave their old friend RB.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Who knew that all this would lead to mathematical equations !

If the authorities can put 2+2 together then we may get a result !

RB I heard was still DKs right hand man.G & B F are staying with the money makers kinahans.

Seems the majority will stay where the cash is and the more likely winner in this feud.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement