Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

rondog wrote: »
    RB I heard was still DKs right hand man.G & B F are staying with the money makers kinahans.

Seems the majority will stay where the cash is and the more likely winner in this feud.
    If that is the case then is it safe to assume the Herald was talking bollocks last week about an individual fleeing to Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭fergiesfav

If that is the case then is it safe to assume the Herald was talking bollocks last week about an individual fleeing to Northern Ireland.

I assumed that was JG?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

I have doubts... I thought it was a pretty well known fact, and also discussed here a few weeks ago that GF and JG have remained with the Hutches. Wasn't it reported that one of them refused to meet with DK for ages after the murder of GH and when he finally did it was a trap and had a lucky escape??

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rondog

I have doubts... I thought it was a pretty well known fact, and also discussed here a few weeks ago that GF and JG have remained with the Hutches. Wasn't it reported that one of them refused to meet with DK for ages after the murder of GH and when he finally did it was a trap and had a lucky escape??
    It was JG who was pals with GH and PH growing up and who refused to meet with the kinahans at the so called summit.
    He was the one the papers are saying was 'heartbroken' at GH murder.JG is a big loss to the Kinahans.

GF I hear was still running around with the kinahans.

As for the Herald and Sundayworld,if you read their stories then absolutely everybody is a 'target' for the kinahans ie Paul rice, Fat Freddie(even though they have buried the hatchet) etc etc

fergiesfav wrote: »
    I assumed that was JG?
    I had assumed that but considering days later he was arrested in Dublin it doesn't seem too accurate.

I have heard at least 4 different accounts of that car park meeting. One saying GF, one saying RB and one saying JG. And another saying it never even took place and was made up.
    It was JG who was pals with GH and PH growing up and who refused to meet with the kinahans at the so called summit.
    He was the one the papers are saying was 'heartbroken' at GH murder.JG is a big loss to the Kinahans.

GF I hear was still running around with the kinahans.

Wasn't it the case that all of them were friends growing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭fergiesfav

I had assumed that but considering days later he was arrested in Dublin it doesn't seem too accurate.

Dublin's an hour drive from the north. Not too hard to slip back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Any news on KM after hes close brush with death a month ago? I heard hes back in the country and only spent two weeks in London though I dont know if thats true or not I wouldnt say it is. I'd say hes still over there but he wouldnt be loaded like the top dogs. That is one thing I noticed its handy for the likes of DK and the monk to get into these feuds cause they can F off to anywhere they want with their money and their contacts, its the small timers who have to stay and face the bullet.

fergiesfav wrote: »
    So what are the initials of the regency shooters.

JG, PH any others?

KM JMcG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

tomofson wrote: »
    KM JMcG

Any truth in the rumour that a certain EH either drove guns or people away from the scene?

• Advertisement

Any news on KM after hes close brush with death a month ago? I heard hes back in the country and only spent two weeks in London though I dont know if thats true or not I wouldnt say it is. I'd say hes still over there but he wouldnt be loaded like the top dogs. That is one thing I noticed its handy for the likes of DK and the monk to get into these feuds cause they can F off to anywhere they want with their money and their contacts, its the small timers who have to stay and face the bullet.
    Heard he was back but mixed reports on if he plans to follow his mot out to Oz(she fled there due to threats against her) or stand and fight.Id imagine with his record he would have trouble getting into Oz.

Any truth in the rumour that a certain EH either drove guns or people away from the scene?

It was reported taxis were involved in the escapes so maybe there's some truth behind those rumours.

Heard he was back but mixed reports on if he plans to follow his mot out to Oz(she fled there due to threats against her) or stand and fight.Id imagine with his record he would have trouble getting into Oz.

I think it is safe to say there is no hope of him getting into oz unless he does it with a fake passport suppose he could always go to one country from Ireland with hes real one then from that country to oz with a fake one. Who is hes girlfriend?

'Reports' that a number of taxis were used and were waiting in Charlemont where the van was abandoned,the taxis brought the gang in all different directions/safe houses

• Registered Users Posts: 22 c1ans7even

'Reports' that a number of taxis were used and were waiting in Charlemont where the van was abandoned,the taxis brought the gang in all different directions/safe houses

I thought they went through the fields up to st vincents gaa club/ malahide road area no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

KM JMcG

How do you guys get to know these names?

I have found out a few JG has a surname like an old boyband singer, etc.

Unless he is the above I'd be fascinated to know who dress up guy was. Less interested in flatcap.

Are these names floated about in bars or how did you all work it out?

• Advertisement

OK did some googling. Name of our patron Saint would have me close to our friend in drag

scopper wrote: »
    How do you guys get to know these names?

I have found out a few JG has a surname like an old boyband singer, etc.

Unless he is the above I'd be fascinated to know who dress up guy was. Less interested in flatcap.

Are these names floated about in bars or how did you all work it out?

Drag ladies initials are PH i think its fairly easy to figure that one out it is kind of obvious

Drag ladies initials are PH i think its fairly easy to figure that one out it is kind of obvious

Ha some of us are total newbies to this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shadow Play

KM JMcG

Flatcap isn't JMcG, unless you mean the van driver that waited outside was someone with the initials JMcG?

Interesting about the various vehicle's/taxis being used to transport the lads away after the hit though. That might possibly explain some of the retaliatory killings after.

Flatcap isn't JMcG, unless you mean the van driver that waited outside was someone with the initials JMcG?

Interesting about the various vehicle's/taxis being used to transport the lads away after the hit though. That might possibly explain some of the retaliatory killings after.

Pretty sure flatcap is a J McG and has the same surname as popular hotel owners

• Advertisement

Flatcap is a KM also. ;)

Flatcap is a KM also. ;)

I PM'd you

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Can someone Pm me the name of the guy in the wig please? All these initials have my head frazzled.

Can someone Pm me the name of the guy in the wig please? All these initials have my head frazzled.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Hmmm, I know someone who's in their 50s and lives in Clontarf.

Two men arrested in connection with murder of David Byrne, who was shot dead at Regency Hotel http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/two-men-arrested-in-connection-with-murder-of-david-byrne-who-was-shot-dead-at-regency-hotel-34724516.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Another 2 arrested over regency hotel shooting

The Monk arrested?

Thats not who Flatcap is, but I know who your referring to, and hes been mentioned before in this thread. It would be fair to say they would know each other very well though. I see another poster has let the cat out of the bag re Flat cap. He is well known in Tyrone in fairness.

Thats not who Flatcap is, but I know who your referring to, and hes been mentioned before in this thread. It would be fair to say they would know each other very well though. I see another poster has let the cat out of the bag re Flat cap. He is well known in Tyrone in fairness.

If Flatcap is not JMG was JMG involved at all?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Like a good movie this thread....The plot thickens....( I love the Enid Blyton definition below !)

"the plot thickens" in British English

► See all translations

the plot thickens
    humorous

› said when a situation suddenly becomes more complicated or mysterious:

"Now there are two men calling her up all the time." "The plot thickens!"

(Definition of the plot thickens from the Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)

Father and son arrested. Does that rule the Monk out so??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

chillin117 wrote: »
    Like a good movie this thread....The plot thickens....( I love the Enid Blyton definition below !)

"the plot thickens" in British English

► See all translations

the plot thickens
    humorous

› said when a situation suddenly becomes more complicated or mysterious:

"Now there are two men calling her up all the time." "The plot thickens!"

(Definition of the plot thickens from the Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)

I imagine most knew what that meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Birneybau wrote: »
    I imagine most knew what that meant.

Are you familiar with the expression 'the thick plottens' though?

Possibly applicable to the disso/Hutch geniuses who thought it would be a good idea to take on the Kinahan gang...

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

Father and son arrested. Does that rule the Monk out so??

i wouldnt rule it out one been held in clontarf seems a lot like the monk unless the person is just been held there as the other cop shops interview rooms are full. Never thought he would of got his kids involved though,it also says the son was issued with a gim and had his house searched surely if it was the monks son it would have been all over the papers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

There's a mishandling of this situation by the gardai.
    Flat Cap is known to them. He's thought to be a person of interest into the investigation of a serious crime.

If this person robbed a Mars Bar in the local Spar his face and name would be all over RTE's Crimecall.

There's something being very very badly handled by the people we depend on.

humberklog wrote: »
    Flat Cap is known to them. He's thought to be a person of interest into the investigation of a serious crime.

If this person robbed a Mars Bar in the local Spar his face and name would be all over RTE's Crimecall.

They are all known to them (heck they are known to half the people who read this thread). Baffling why they don't name names though.

i wouldnt rule it out one been held in clontarf seems a lot like the monk unless the person is just been held there as the other cop shops interview rooms are full. Never thought he would of got his kids involved though,it also says the son was issued with a gim and had his house searched surely if it was the monks son it would have been all over the papers

Don't think it is the Monk man. I heard he was (wisely) out of the country at the moment. Unless he has come back?

humberklog wrote: »
    Flat Cap is known to them. He's thought to be a person of interest into the investigation.of on going serious crime.

maybe it could harm his extradition if the plastered his face all over the place he would be claiming he wouldnt get a fair trial and all that carry on

• Advertisement

Don't think it is the Monk man. I heard he was (wisely) out of the country at the moment. Unless he has come back?

hes back about two weeks pal armed gardai have been all over clontarf since he returned

Sunday world saying associates of the Monk.. PH's father??

Sunday world saying associates of the Monk.. PH's father??

i was thinking ph snr at the start but the independent was saying it was a father and son arrested tonight. There is another brother though who was meant to be involved unless its him and his son

hes back about two weeks pal armed gardai have been all over clontarf since he returned

Oh really? That's interesting!
    I'd still be very surprised if the Monk got his hands dirty like that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Eroomy

I can't post links as I'm new here but id guess that its the same father/son that were arrested over Derek Brockwells escape from Tallaght Hospital

Eroomy wrote: »
    I can't post links as I'm new here but id guess that its the same father/son that were arrested over Derek Brockwells escape from Tallaght Hospital

AOD is already on remand currently is he not for the weapons find? But yes that thought did occur to me

• Advertisement

i was thinking ph snr at the start but the independent was saying it was a father and son arrested tonight. There is another brother though who was meant to be involved unless its him and his son

My take is its PH Sr, whos son is already in custody, so the media are already half right.

And also....ex Sinn Fein councillor?

Eroomy wrote: »

the son is very friendly with the hutches but been held in clontarf is the strange thing

My take is its PH Sr, whos son is already in custody, so the media are already half right.

And also....ex Sinn Fein councillor?

lol i was trying to find out who dowdalls father was earlier to see if it was him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Could someone pm me who flat cap is please?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

maybe it could harm his extradition if the plastered his face all over the place he would be claiming he wouldnt get a fair trial and all that carry on

That is a good point.

But surely with someone that is clearly identifiable and knowing that it might put the general public into danger by being in his vacinity he should named.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement