Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Good to see the Gardaí finally going after these people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

bubblypop wrote: »
    Tobacco is legal in this country.
    It hasnt stopped criminals smuggling & selling tobacco on the black market.

I'm not sure legalising drugs would result in taking the criminals out of drug dealing.
    There's too much money to be made, legal or not.

Also, where would the country get these drugs? Would the government sell them? Would they licence certain companies to sell them?
    Would they do business with criminal gangs in other countries such as Bolivia or Colombia?

It's just not that simple

Well I talking mostly about weed here, you would get farmers/people to grow it in warehouses or greenhouses (lol)Once the price ,quality and distribution is right you would certainly take over the market here by making it financially not viable for gangsters to import it.

Of course it wouldn't eradicate Crime and I am sure something else would come along to replace it but at least it would put a dent in the huge enormous profits all these lads are making, tax free.

Anyway suppose this a discussion for another thread.

Well I talking mostly about weed here, you would get farmers/people to grow it in warehouses or greenhouses (lol)Once the price ,quality and distribution is right you would certainly take over the market here by making it financially not viable for gangsters to import it.

Of course it wouldn't eradicate Crime and I am sure something else would come along to replace it but at least it would put a dent in the huge enormous profits all these lads are making, tax free.

Anyway suppose this a discussion for another thread.

That's just one drug though?
    It doesn't stop the illegal trade of all other drugs, so these guys are still in business.

The lifestyle they can live is more than good enough to make up for the small chance of getting caught / getting shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

ofcork wrote: »
    Why not have a bigger crackdown on ports/airports to stop the importation in the first place?

i think that the state has one container scanner that moves around all the ports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I agree that all drugs should be legalised and sold through authorised outlets. It would generate revenue, keep quality high, and it would stop drug smugglers in their tracks.
    Any drug is just a phone call or two away right now, so that proves that the current system simply does not work.
    Billions of Euro spent trying to stop the tide is just being wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Don't know if legalising drugs will make much difference the biggest selling drugs in this country are the drugs that are already legal that you can get over the counter in a pharmacy

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I see Greg Lynch was busted at home last night and 300k of drugs seized. I thought he would've been far more careful about being in proximity of the goods. That's a bit of a knock back for the cartel gang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Benteke wrote: »
    Don't know if legalising drugs will make much difference the biggest selling drugs in this country are the drugs that are already legal that you can get over the counter in a pharmacy

Seriously? What are they? Im aware there is a benzo problem but they are supposed to be prescription only.

Seriously? What are they? Im aware there is a benzo problem but they are supposed to be prescription only.

That doesn't stop them being the most sold drug on the streets by dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Drug dealers don't do prescriptions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Nemesis......

humberklog wrote: »
    I see Greg Lynch was busted at home last night and 300k of drugs seized. I thought he would've been far more careful about being in proximity of the goods. That's a bit of a knock back for the cartel gang.

was it him? or just a picture of him beside a very vague article? Court dates rock :)

was it him? or just a picture of him beside a very vague article? Court dates rock :)

Ah, good point. The ages don't match either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

bajer101 wrote: »
    That's you. But for every one of you there are ten who will choose the other road.

I don't buy your argument 99% of people are not involved in gangland crime.

It's only a very small percentage of people who will ever get involved in this ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Armed detectives up to something in Kilmainham / Inchicore, the uniform was just waving everyone through by the time I got there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

Which part? The canal/ black horse end?

Dawn Rider wrote: »
    Which part? The canal/ black horse end?

Coming from Kilmainham courthouse, that narrow road that heads toward Inchicore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Even if it was him it wouldn't be that much of a knock to the cartel, He is only a replaceable middle man at the end of the day. Might be a bit of an inconvenience but business would go on as usual i can assure you that.

tomofson wrote: »
    Even if it was him it wouldn't be that much of a knock to the cartel, He is only a replaceable middle man at the end of the day. Might be a bit of an inconvenience but business would go on as usual i can assure you that.

I understand that a loss of product with a Garda estimate of 300k (therefore nowhere near 300k) wouldn't put a ding in the cartel's riches it would be an uncomfortable loss at the present time in a number of ways:

Gardai acting on intelligence.
    Middle men's activities stymied.
    Ready cash flow thwarted.

It was reported in the papers last week that the cartel's men were putting the squeeze on low level dealers for outstanding debts which was resulting in a rise in cash robberies (shops etc.). I thought perhaps that as the feud continued there was possibly be a slow down in importing product and exporting cash as it would be very risky with the surveillance on the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I understand that a loss of product with a Garda estimate of 300k (therefore nowhere near 300k) wouldn't put a ding in the cartel's riches it would be an uncomfortable loss at the present time in a number of ways:

I wonder what the real wholesale landed in Dublin price of street value €300k drugs would be, I am guessing less than €50k?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Simon2015 wrote: »
    I don't buy your argument 99% of people are not involved in gangland crime.

It's only a very small percentage of people who will ever get involved in this ****.

Could you rewrite that please, but this time with some punctuation? That way, I might have a chance of understanding what your point is.

Your post does highlight an issue. The moral majority who think that they are better than all these lowlife "scumbags" are a bit deluded. I know a fair few drug dealers who are not only good at business and quite smart, they are also well educated.

Mod-Banned

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

Could you rewrite that please, but this time with some punctuation? That way, I might have a chance of understanding what your point is.

Your post does highlight an issue. The moral majority who think that they are better than all these lowlife "scumbags" are a bit deluded. I know a fair few drug dealers who are not only good at business and quite smart, they are also well educated.

My point is most people would never get involved in gangland crime because they know they would either end up dead or in jail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Your post does highlight an issue. The moral majority who think that they are better than all these lowlife "scumbags" are a bit deluded..

No deluded thinking about it. I can assure you I am far superior to any toerag who murders because of greed, regardless of whether they have a better business sense or education than I have.

You have mentioned you have many drug dealers as friends on more than one occasion in this thread.
    Do you think that makes your arguments stronger?
    It just makes most think you are a straight up bull****ter, or as bad as your (claimed) pals who like to be talked about in papers and the Internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

You have mentioned you have many drug dealers as friends on more than one occasion in this thread.
    Do you think that makes your arguments stronger?
    It just makes most think you are a straight up bull****ter, or as bad as your (claimed) pals who like to be talked about in papers and the Internet.

He's banned, says it in his post now.

Collie D wrote: »
    No deluded thinking about it. I can assure you I am far superior to any toerag who murders because of greed, regardless of whether they have a better business sense or education than I have.

Technically you are the same blood flesh and bone of other human beings and are not superior in any way. Some of the richest people and most successful and intelligent people in the world have murdered out of greed I suppose your superior to them to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Technically you are the same blood flesh and bone of other human beings and are not superior in any way. Some of the richest people and most successful and intelligent people in the world have murdered out of greed I suppose your superior to them to.

Morally - Yes. Murder is the lowest of the low.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rondog

I wonder what the real wholesale landed in Dublin price of street value 300k drugs would be, I am guessing less than 50k?
    depends on the drugs.The media /guards always exaggerate the value.
    I remember a few weeks back there was a press release stating that 5000 ecstacy tabs were found with a street value of 50k.Complete BS.Maybe 10 years ago.E's these days are sold for a few quid and buying bulk youd prob get 5000 for 3/4k.
    Value has decreased as the MDMA content has drastically reduced and many E's these days are full of crap just like coke is all teetha to give the numbing effect and mixed with all kinds of crap.
    A 1er bag these days is prob 10% coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

More stories about the Kinahan mob on the Sunday World website:

Philip Baron who lived in Co. Kildare and apparently worked with the Kinahans has been ordered to hand over $162K by a court in the UK:
    http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/millionaire-drugs-kingpin-ordered-to-pay-162-000

And apparently Daniel Kinahan has relocated to Dubai.
    http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/daniel-kinahan-flees-to-dubai-amid-assassination-fears

(Strange co-incidence that a person suspected of involvement in the Regency job and who was reportedly under threat of death by Daniel Kinahan & Co. was reportedly arrested trying to board a flight to Dubai.)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rondog

Philip Baron who lived in Co. Kildare and apparently worked with the Kinahans has been ordered to hand over $162K by a court in the UK:
    http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/millionaire-drugs-kingpin-ordered-to-pay-162-000

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/daniel-kinahan-flees-to-dubai-amid-assassination-fears

(Strange co-incidence that a person suspected of involvement in the Regency job and who was reportedly under threat of death by Daniel Kinahan & Co. was reportedly arrested trying to board a flight to Dubai.)
    If Christy or DK saw anyone over there they would drop their head an walk on by.They are not the enforcers or the ones that pull the triggers.They are the brains behind the outfit and so rarely get their hands dirty.
    Dubai has strict gun laws so the chances of another criminal getting their hands on a shooter or having contacts over there to hit CK or DK are VERY slim.

These boys can relax over there without the worry of being shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

rondog wrote: »
    If Christy or DK saw anyone over there they would drop their head an walk on by.They are not the enforcers or the ones that pull the triggers.They are the brains behind the outfit and so rarely get their hands dirty.
    Dubai has strict gun laws so the chances of another criminal getting their hands on a shooter or having contacts over there to hit CK or DK are VERY slim.

http://www.numbeo.com/crime/city_result.jsp?country=United+Arab+Emirates&city=Dubai

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

septictank wrote: »
    Except walking alone, check it.:eek:

I think that means there is a high level of safety, when walking alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seerscryer

It's the father of the suspected drag assassin.
    This was reported in the media earlier.
    Apparently the have asked for an extension for him

FalconGirl wrote: »
    Or else not enough is been done. I'd love to see a proper set of commandos set up to deal with these ****ers once and for all. Harrass the crap out of them. Drag them and their families out of their beds in the middle of the night, drive them demented. Destroy their ill gotten gains. I don't care. Your involved in drugs, destroying other families so lets see how you like it. The drugs crisis in the city is unacceptable and guards targeting the low level dealers is not working. The head needs to be cut of the snake. No tolerance approach required, our current approach is not working.

No approach so far has worked including the above, You think the garda don't be raiding houses every day and night around the country ? The only approach that hasn't been tried and would definitely cut of the head of the snakes is a controlled legalising of some of the now illegal drugs, But no one has the balls to push for it.
    I believe it`s more about education than legalising drugs, although that is an option, but needs to be coordinated with rehabilitation or offenders and education!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

2 people shot in cherry orchard

Now saying shots fired through window and man and woman in 30s injured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

2 grandads? :D
    oh you can bet they were expecting it if you have read all of the information that has floated around about their involvement in some way!
    The fact they were taken out shows whoever organised it, had plenty of inside knowledge about their involvement.

sorry for the late response.

king size was on his tod sitting in his car outside his house.
    he had a death wish or didn't expect it

Eddie hutch was bringing in the shopping with his wife outside his house.

I'm siding on the side of they didn't expect it tbh

I'm sure both had access to funds (i'm sure the monk would have sorted his bro out ) and safe houses if they thought they were in danger.

but look I'm only chewing the fat here. I know nothing bar what I hear in the shops off people of who hold varing degrees of waffling and the lies I read off nicola tallant.

given recent development I must say that saorsean lad was on the ball.
    I'd love to know who he was..he was some ,man :)

2 people shot in cherry orchard

I cant see nothing on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

I cant see nothing on it

Two minor injuries.
    The independent.
    Shots through a window in cherry orchard late last night 1:40am.

Two minor injuries.
    The independent.
    Shots through a window in cherry orchard late last night 1:40am.

Injuries are only minor, there seems to be a lot of people being wounded in shootings int he clondalkin/ballyfermot area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Supposedly it's the lad who they tried to shoot earlier last month and shot innocent Martin o rourke instead... That's what the word is around the area.. I don't know how through it is.

• Advertisement

Supposedly it's the lad who they tried to shoot earlier last month and shot innocent Martin o rourke instead... That's what the word is around the area.. I don't know how through it is.

Who is? the person injured in cherry orchard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Who is? the person injured in cherry orchard?

yeah indo confirms it.
    keith murtagh

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/crime/senior-hutch-gang-member-keith-murtagh-survives-second-murder-bid-34735568.html

arayess wrote: »

For some reason I'd say that particular shooting of him was accidental, I'm pretty sure a more organized professional hitman would of being sent on a mission to whack him since he is a main target of the K cartel. Also I read in the independent about a character called "fishy" who is at loggerheads with the prime suspect in the murder of EH back in February, Does anyone have any idea who "Fishy" is? Or if he even exists?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jimmy83

dm who attacked gilligan in portlaoise, can some pm me his name pls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

Jimmy83 wrote: »
    dm who attacked gilligan in portlaoise, can some pm me his name pls

Pm me to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

For some reason I'd say that particular shooting of him was accidental, I'm pretty sure a more organized professional hitman would of being sent on a mission to whack him since he is a main target of the K cartel. Also I read in the independent about a character called "fishy" who is at loggerheads with the prime suspect in the murder of EH back in February, Does anyone have any idea who "Fishy" is? Or if he even exists?

Fishy exists.Hes from Finglas South i know him through other mates.The herald implies that 'tb' threatened to chop his head off over some kid and his horse,He's certainly not hiding out like they reported. I'm not speculating,I know that as fact.

Christy senior was seen in Puerto Banus yesterday afternoon in the company of Christy junior and a another man mentioned by initials on this thread before, who I shall definitely not mention by initials or otherwise lest I be banished.
    He was later seen in an Irish Bar in the Puerto Banus area watching the David Haye fight, there was also another more famous patron in the bar at the same time, but he left earlier, on Kevin Moran of Manchester United and Ireland fame! What a story! Only thing is that they were not together and he left shortly after Kinahan entered the bar!
    So I guess they would just have to drop their heads as they are walking in Puerto Banus?

Christy senior was seen in Puerto Banus yesterday afternoon in the company of Christy junior and a another man mentioned by initials on this thread before, who I shall definitely not mention by initials or otherwise lest I be banished.
    He was later seen in an Irish Bar in the Puerto Banus area watching the David Haye fight, there was also another more famous patron in the bar at the same time, but he left earlier, on Kevin Moran of Manchester United and Ireland fame! What a story! Only thing is that they were not together and he left shortly after Kinahan entered the bar!
    So I guess they would just have to drop their heads as they are walking in Puerto Banus?

arayess wrote: »
    2 grandads? :D
    oh you can bet they were expecting it if you have read all of the information that has floated around about their involvement in some way!
    The fact they were taken out shows whoever organised it, had plenty of inside knowledge about their involvement.

sorry for the late response.

king size was on his tod sitting in his car outside his house.

Eddie hutch was bringing in the shopping with his wife outside his house.

I'm siding on the side of they didn't expect it tbh

I'm sure both had access to funds (i'm sure the monk would have sorted his bro out ) and safe houses if they thought they were in danger.

but look I'm only chewing the fat here. I know nothing bar what I hear in the shops off people of who hold varing degrees of waffling and the lies I read off nicola tallant.

given recent development I must say that saorsean lad was on the ball.
    I'd love to know who he was..he was some ,man :)
    I agree the press are not reporting the facts or they are being fed misinformation by the Gardai? Or perhaps if they follow the Garda agenda they will have their speeding penalty points quashed?? Saorsean was stymied Sunday Newspapers for breach of copy right they got him banned from twitter, facebook and linkedin!

But who said that Saorsean is a man? :angel:

• Advertisement

I wouldn t be too sure of that, there was an Iranian man (could have been Lebanese conflicting reports) shot dead in his car in Dubai, I think it was on the Palm, by mafia over a drug deal gone wrong, this was last week!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement