Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This is a great aul thread

Kudos to all the contributors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

seerscryer wrote: »
    I agree the press are not reporting the facts or they are being fed misinformation by the Gardai? Or perhaps if they follow the Garda agenda they will have their speeding penalty points quashed?? Saorsean was stymied Sunday Newspapers for breach of copy right they got him banned from twitter, facebook and linkedin!

But who said that Saorsean is a man? :angel:

email was Sean Urlabhrai so I made the gender pronoun assumption :)_

Sunday world acted like scumbags calling to twitter bosses house late night to get the page suspended...
    I don't see how he breached copy right when he told stories none of them printed maybe he stole a few photos....

What I believe is that he made Nicola T look like a fool and showed up Paul W for what a lying gobsh!te he is with his garda agenda and half truths.
    and they used their influence to silence him. Shows you the power of the media and others...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Do you think there will be another hit on the Kinahan gang or was the Regency it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I agree the press are not reporting the facts or they are being fed misinformation by the Gardai? Or perhaps if they follow the Garda agenda they will have their speeding penalty points quashed?? Saorsean was stymied Sunday Newspapers for breach of copy right they got him banned from twitter, facebook and linkedin!

You did!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

chillin117 wrote: »
    Do you think there will be another hit on the Kinahan gang or was the Regency it ?

My personal opinion here but I think the Hutches will be patient and wait for things to cool down a bit before trying anything.

I hope for the sake of family members on both sides that this feud ends soon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

There is no "Hutch" side, or even if there was around the time of the Regency attack, there certainly isn't now. You hardly expect the two or three that are left and in hiding (One of whom has had 2 lucky escapes now) to decide to take on the Kinahans? The regency was a once off, and if charges are brought against the 3 that are still in custody over the next few days, that's another serious blow to this media named "Hutch" crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

There is no "Hutch" side, or even if there was around the time of the Regency attack, there certainly isn't now. You hardly expect the two or three that are left and in hiding (One of whom has had 2 lucky escapes now) to decide to take on the Kinahans? The regency was a once off, and if charges are brought against the 3 that are still in custody over the next few days, that's another serious blow to this media named "Hutch" crew.

Ofcourse there is a Hutch side feuds cant be just fought by one side.

Ok, if you want to define a couple of blood relatives out for revenge and their close friends a side. Then yes there is a hutch side, as confirmed by Nicola Tallant and Paul Williams. I stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Ok, if you want to define a couple of blood relatives out for revenge and their close friends a side. Then yes there is a hutch side, as confirmed by Nicola Tallant and Paul Williams. I stand corrected.

Well thats all you need to make up a side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Talk to people in the north inner city and they will have a very different opinion. There is definitely a Hutch side. Around East Wall, Sheriff Street, Summerhill, Ballybough most are firmly on the Hutch side.

• Advertisement

Ok. Point taken. I'm sure there's a distinction though that needs to be made between being on a side because they're your neighbours and you've grown up beside them all your life. and being on a side as in a member who's directly involved.

Did anyone notice on Liveline after the shooting of that innocent man in Sheriff street, Christy Burke thanked the Ex SF counsellor (the one lifted at airport running to Dubai) for his donations to the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rondog

seerscryer;99804410
    rondog wrote: »
    More stories about the Kinahan mob on the Sunday World website:

Philip Baron who lived in Co. Kildare and apparently worked with the Kinahans has been ordered to hand over $162K by a court in the UK:
    http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/millionaire-drugs-kingpin-ordered-to-pay-162-000

And apparently Daniel Kinahan has relocated to Dubai.
    http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/daniel-kinahan-flees-to-dubai-amid-assassination-fears

(Strange co-incidence that a person suspected of involvement in the Regency job and who was reportedly under threat of death by Daniel Kinahan & Co. was reportedly arrested trying to board a flight to Dubai.)
    If Christy or DK saw anyone over there they would drop their head an walk on by.They are not the enforcers or the ones that pull the triggers.ThChristy senior was seen in Puerto Banus yesterday afternoon in the company of Christy junior and a another man mentioned by initials on this thread before, who I shall definitely not mention by initials or otherwise lest I be banished.
    He was later seen in an Irish Bar in the Puerto Banus area watching the David Haye fight, there was also another more famous patron in the bar at the same time, but he left earlier, on Kevin Moran of Manchester United and Ireland fame! What a story! Only thing is that they were not together and he left shortly after Kinahan entered the bar!
    So I guess they would just have to drop their heads as they are walking in Puerto Banus?
    Your comment makes no sense,i cant really understand what you are saying!!?

If its a pop at my comment about them in Dubai then this was reported by media outlets,i was merely commenting that CK senior or junior are hardly going to get in a fist fight with opposing members of the hutch gang in Dubai where the law is a lot stricter and intolerant than here in Ireland or spain.

Besides,the top dogs aren't the ones who pull the trigger or who do the dirty work so your head down comment is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭rondog

Philip Baron who lived in Co. Kildare and apparently worked with the Kinahans has been ordered to hand over $162K by a court in the UK:
    http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/millionaire-drugs-kingpin-ordered-to-pay-162-000

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/daniel-kinahan-flees-to-dubai-amid-assassination-fears

(Strange co-incidence that a person suspected of involvement in the Regency job and who was reportedly under threat of death by Daniel Kinahan & Co. was reportedly arrested trying to board a flight to Dubai.)
    If Christy or DK saw anyone over there they would drop their head an walk on by.They are not the enforcers or the ones that pull the triggers.They are the brains behind the outfit and so rarely get their hands dirty.
    Dubai has strict gun laws so the chances of another criminal getting their hands on a shooter or having contacts over there to hit CK or DK are VERY slim.

These boys can relax over there without the worry of being shot.
    I wouldn t be too sure of that, there was an Iranian man (could have been Lebanese conflicting reports) shot dead in his car in Dubai, I think it was on the Palm, by mafia over a drug deal gone wrong, this was last week!
    Again,your comment is totally irrelevant to my point.My point was that the kinahan or hutch gang wont have the contacts or access to weapons/hitmen in Dubai that they have at home or in spain/on the continent.
    I would be fairly certain that CK or DK would not try to carry the feud to Dubai where murder can carry the death sentence so would probably put any would be hitman off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

^^^^^^
    Dubai is apparently a safe haven for the gangsters.

Are they in any way worried about the Dubai authorities or can they be bought like the Dublin authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

blinding wrote: »
    ^^^^^^
    Dubai is apparently a safe haven for the gangsters.

Are they in any way worried about the Dubai authorities or can they be bought like the Dublin authorities.

Probably safe enough for the wealthy criminals. Though a bit a Sharia law wouldn't go amiss with these guys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

20Cent wrote: »
    Probably safe enough for the wealthy criminals. Though a bit a Sharia law wouldn't go amiss with these guys.
    They must be pretty confident that they are safe from the local Law.

"Money can buy you Law"

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seerscryer

eamonnq wrote: »

You did!! :D
    BUSTED!!! It s not my fault! It s my mothers she dropped me on my head when I was a baby! Well whatever (s)he is, (s)he got a lot right! :'(

blinding wrote: »
    20Cent wrote: »
    They must be pretty confident that they are safe from the local Law.

"Money can buy you Law"
    Dubai is a monarchy, ruled by Sheihk Mohammed al Maktoum, it is ultimately up to him! I do not think he can be bought, he is held in very high esteem worldwide and certainly by his subjects!

seerscryer;99804410

If Christy or DK saw anyone over there they would drop their head an walk on by.They are not the enforcers or the ones that pull the triggers.ThChristy senior was seen in Puerto Banus yesterday afternoon in the company of Christy junior and a another man mentioned by initials on this thread before, who I shall definitely not mention by initials or otherwise lest I be banished.
    He was later seen in an Irish Bar in the Puerto Banus area watching the David Haye fight, there was also another more famous patron in the bar at the same time, but he left earlier, on Kevin Moran of Manchester United and Ireland fame! What a story! Only thing is that they were not together and he left shortly after Kinahan entered the bar!
    So I guess they would just have to drop their heads as they are walking in Puerto Banus?
    Your comment makes no sense,i cant really understand what you are saying!!?

If its a pop at my comment about them in Dubai then this was reported by media outlets,i was merely commenting that CK senior or junior are hardly going to get in a fist fight with opposing members of the hutch gang in Dubai where the law is a lot stricter and intolerant than here in Ireland or spain.

Besides,the top dogs aren't the ones who pull the trigger or who do the dirty work so your head down comment is irrelevant.
    Oh! this is targeted at me? Sorry I didn t mean to offend you or is it my style to take a pop at other forum members, everyone is entitled to their opinion without being ridiculed by me or anyone else! Don t be sensitive, I will explain what the last sentence means! That instead of dropping their heads in Dubai (as they are clearly not there), they will now have to do the same in Spain, Puerto Banus where they were spotted! There are no other hidden meanings or veiled attempts to try to make myself above anyone! I am sorry if you took that from my comment, but it wasn t meant that way!

• Advertisement

Dutch crimesite blog remarked that a target of the Kinahan Cartel is frequently in Amsterdam and mentions that it is believed that this person is a police asset for Irish and Dutch police! Brought to my attention by a dutch acquaintance on Twitter!

http://vlinderscrime.nl/nieuws/iers-doel-wit-liquidatie-vaak-in-nederland/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Speaking of the Dutch, I haven't heard mention of Mr. Mink Kok (tee hee hee) in quite a while now :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Dutch crimesite blog remarked that a target of the Kinahan Cartel is frequently in Amsterdam and mentions that it is believed that this person is a police asset for Irish and Dutch police! Brought to my attention by a dutch acquaintance on Twitter!

http://vlinderscrime.nl/nieuws/iers-doel-wit-liquidatie-vaak-in-nederland/
    The translation is a hoot !

His accomplice is Gareth Hutch he is a cousin of Gary Hutch.Deze Gareth Hutch as appears from underworld sources to tout a Garda who so recently acquitted in 2015 this last Lucan money transport robbery of 2009. It is unknown why the Irish media it holds out the Irish newspapers. (perhaps a police informant)
    Maar hij was toen wel part van de Del boy Derk Hutch gang.
    But he was by then part of the Del boy Derk Hutch corridor.
    Op deze foto draagt hij de kist van liquidatie slachtoffer Eddie Huntch (59)(links in beeld foto 2 kale kop)Het is erg frapant dat Noffel word vast gehouden voor vals paspoort maar die man Gareth Huntch word gewoon vrij gesproken van het bezit van vals paspoort en ook van deze gewelddadige overval.
    In this photo he is wearing the chest wound victim Eddie Huntch (59) (left in photograph 2 bald head) It's very striking, which Noffel get detained for false passport but that man Gareth Huntch'm just acquitted of possessing false passport and this violent robbery.
    Schermafbeelding-2016-05-23-om-12.11.19-300x160.png
    Er klopt zeer zeker iets niet met die Gareth Hutch waarom komt hij er zonder kleer scheuren er van af en waarom hoor je niets van dat de Kinahans een prijs op zijn hoofd zet.Ook verstop deze Ierse criminele zich vaak in onze hoofdstad .
    It's true certainly not something with which Gareth Hutch why he comes without kleer tear from it and why you do not hear from the Kinahans a price on his head zet.Ook hide this Irish criminal often in our capital .
    Ik vraag me af waarom hij zo vaak in Amsterdam west is.
    I wonder why he is so often West in Amsterdam.
    (mogelijk werkt hij voor de politie)
    (May he works for the police)
    En ook zie je de kat met 7 levens Keith Murtagh met groot hoofd de kist dragen (foto 1 draagt kist rechts als eerst drager) Keith Murtagh is een van de hoogste doelen van de Kinahan bende sinds de Regency Hotel aanval op 5 februari, waarin David Byrne, een senior Kinahan bendelid, werd doodgeschoten.(staat 100.000 euro op zijn hoofd)
    And you see the cat with seven lives Keith Murtagh with large head bearing the coffin (photo 1 carries box right as first carrier) Keith Murtagh is one of the highest goals of the Kinahan gang since the Regency Hotel attack on February 5, where David Byrne, a senior Kinahan gang member, was shot dead. (represents 100,000 euros on his head)
    Er wordt aangenomen Murtagh was gericht vanwege zijn nauwe banden met Derek Hutch en andere leden van de noordzijde bende.
    It is believed Murtagh was targeted because of his close ties with Derek Hutch and other members of the northside gang.
    Naoufal Fassih die vandaag met een video verbinden in de bunker moet getuigen in de dubbelmoord Staatsliedenbuurt( hoger beroep) hangt 10 jaar boven zijn hoofd omdat ie wat valse papieren heeft en daarom blijft vast zitten niet niet op borg toch vrij mag komen.
    Naoufal Fassih today to connect a video in the bunker to testify in the double murder Staatsliedenbuurt (appeal) will be 10 years above his head because he has some false papers and therefore remain attached does not yet may be released on bail.
    Ook word Naoufal Fassih mogelijk naar Nedreland gehaald omdat ie hier verdachte is in een aantal stafzaken en dat ie daarom naar Nederland word gehaald.
    Also become possible Naoufal Fassih called Nedreland here because he is suspected in a number of staff matters and that he will therefore brought to the Netherlands.
    Of dat ook met liquidatie's te maken heeft weten mijn Ierse bronnen niet.
    Whether that has to do with liquidation do not know my Irish sources.
    Naoufal Fassih word gerekend tot de Kinahan bende.
    Naoufal Fassih become among the Kinahan gang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Ur nickname is great for a hitman. If I wanted someone 'whacked' id probably pm your good self. The name suggests a diligent, hard working hitman, who always gets the job done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Ohbethehokey

More gun related incidents!

[...
    garda crackdown is really working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Another lad shot dead in town, don't no any other details.

Inner city. North Cumberland road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Associated with the huches according to the journal.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Hes dead apparently. Man in his 30s, Hutch side. Same guy who was shot on Friday?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭Walter H Price

Heard the one this morning from the office , fella in his 30's shot in city center

Think its been reported as another Hutch associate

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Looks like Avondale house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Seen a load of garda cars speeding around parnell st. this morning.

spurious wrote: »
    Looks like Avondale house.
    On Gardiner Street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

KM?? He's 32. How good was his hiding place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Same guy KM who has been targeted recently?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

On Gardiner Street?

On North Cumberland Street - opposite the labour.
    Local school locked in.

GH?

relative of the Monk according the Journal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MOD
    The jaysusin mod warning, post #1, please look at it. Please. Please.

There was a guy mentioned on here yesterday in a mysterious manner that I never heard of before then, bit very odd to say the least if it was him hours later

There was a guy mentioned on here yesterday in a mysterious manner that I never heard of before then, bit very odd to say the least if it was him hours later
    What do you mean? I'm lost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

More lazy than lost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Ohbethehokey

And another one gone! At this rate they'll all be dead before the Gardai pull thier finger out.

Well from the sounds of it, it was the man I'm thinking. Media claiming it was a relative, and possibly 2nd family member shot.

Fuck me this is all ****ed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

RTE saying he's seriously wounded but not dead, another lucky escape maybe

No he's passed away.

Irish Times just sent news alert out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

And another one gone! At this rate they'll all be dead before the Gardai pull thier finger out.

What can the Gardai do within the law to stop this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The victim has the same name as a leading character in the show friends.

Gamebred wrote: »
    The victim has the same name as a leading character in the show friends.
    Hes not in his 30s

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement