Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Gamebred wrote: »
    The victim has the same name as a leading character in the show friends.

RIP Whacker Tribbiani

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Monks nephew.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shadow Play

I think I know who it is. This is getting mental now, the Hutch family are being decimated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Hes not in his 30s

Ok must be wrong if so,wont speculate any further for obvious reasons,

R.i.p to the individual in question anyways probably shot dead for having the same blood as the rest of the crew,sad if so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

I think I know who it is. This is getting mental now, the Hutch family are being decimated.
    His name was mentioned on the last few pages of this thread I believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Was he in Sunset House the night of the shooting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nicola Tallant on RTÉ Radio 1 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

A recent appearance on Tv gameshow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Does anyone really care? Its not like they are innocent victims or anything. They live life on the edge, make massive money, live the high life for a while and go out in a hail of bullets. I think these guys understand what they are getting in to at the start. I for one won't be shedding a tear.

There's not a whole lot the gardai can do or the justice system other than intern without trial members of both gangs. If that happened, liberal lefties would be outraged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

John Mooney of the time saying he was only released from prison recently.

Does anyone really care? Its not like they are innocent victims or anything.
    Man murdered on Sheriff Street was

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭wicorthered

The man in the street knew this guy was a target. Where were they. They are standing by let one side wipe out the other.

Obviously someone in the north inner city is getting rich passing info onto the Southside crew!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are a number of 'Hutch nephews' (and nieces) who have nothing to do with criminality. It's a large family. Not all of them are 'known to Gardai'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

bigroad wrote: »
    A recent appearance on Tv gameshow.

That particular fella is 24 but RTE are reporting a man in his 30's. I've heard that name too though.

Does anyone really care? Its not like they are innocent victims or anything. They live life on the edge, make massive money, live the high life for a while and go out in a hail of bullets. I think these guys understand what they are getting in to at the start. I for one won't be shedding a tear.

There's not a whole lot the gardai can do or the justice system other than intern without trial members of both gangs. If that happened, liberal lefties would be outraged.

An innocent person was shot in Sheriff Street because he wore the wrong colour jacket. I often walk down that street, it's not great to think that some muppet could blow my head off because he 'thinks' I'm someone else.

I won't shed a tear for these criminals but I get the feeling that poor Martin O'Rourke will not be the last innocent bystander to be literally caught in the crossfire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The man in the street knew this guy was a target. Where were they. They are standing by let one side wipe out the other.

Obviously someone in the north inner city is getting rich passing info onto the Southside crew!

It does seem that way. The level of intelligence the Kinihan gang have is extraordinary.

Or maybe someone in the Gardai.....

He's already dead. That's what kicked it all off in the first place.

• Advertisement

Kinahans have paid spotters all over the City, young lads! Meanwhile some of their main guys were out and about in Pubs in Dublin and Spain watching football the other day with no fear. This isnt a feud its a massacre

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

They've killed Gary Hutch twice :eek:
    These guys really know how to hold a grudge.

Confusing one. Two people with the same name?!

Omackeral wrote: »
    He's already dead. That's what kicked it all off in the first place.

Wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

There's a good few turning in their mates for a quick buck. The fact that the shooter involved at Noctor's fled on bicycle means he was definitely a local and he obviously hid in a safe house nearby.

You just can't compete with the money the Kinahan's have. The Hutches are fighting against a police force that seems more interested in disrupting the Hutch gang than any other group (I wonder why...), The Kinahan Cartel which is probably one of the richest and most powerful gangs in Europe and now their own loyal associates turning on them for a quick buck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

So society should just stand by and do nothing and let thugs run around the streets killing each other like it’s the wild west?

Don’t forget that innocent bystanders become victims too as happened recently.

Also, don’t forget the impact this can have on people who live in the area , remember the frightened child in the video of the Regency Hotel shooting.

Imagine what it’s like for people in the area to witness someone being murdered.

Something needs to be done, I don’t know exactly what, but this ‘let them arttitude’ is wrong as they have major impacts on our society.

kfallon wrote: »
    An innocent person was shot in Sheriff Street because he wore the wrong colour jacket. I often walk down that street, it's not great to think that some muppet could blow my head off because he 'thinks' I'm someone else.

I won't shed a tear for these criminals but I get the feeling that poor Martin O'Rourke will not be the last innocent bystander to be literally caught in the crossfire.

Yes we should be disturbed by that particular murder, but like I said there is little or nothing the gardai, government or judges can do to prevent this feud other than internment without trial. There seems to be dozens of members of both gangs as well as countless associates. One gets killed or locked up, another steps into their shoes.

I just think some of the hand wringing over the murder of many of these is hypocritical, (innocent guy aside). People saying stuff like "its awful, etc" as if its a relative who died or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Ohbethehokey

murpho999 wrote: »
    So society should just stand by and do nothing and let thugs run around the streets killing each other like it’s the wild west.

Also, don’t forget the impact this can have on people who live in the area , remember the frightened child in the video of the Regency Hotel shooting.

Imagine what it’s like for people in the area to witness someone being murdered.

Something needs to be done, I don’t know exactly what, but this ‘let them arttitude’ is wrong as they have major impacts on our society.
    and the lad that went in and hid in dalymoumt park while 2 parties were going on after a gun Chase on foot...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes.

murpho999 wrote: »
    So society should just stand by and do nothing and let thugs run around the streets killing each other like it’s the wild west.

ok tell us what can be done, within the existing law, given how stretched garda resources are already.

• Advertisement

The police have taken a few high end cars off the Kinahans and thats about it,they are untouchable simple as that.

Wrong.

Well the name on the extradited article isn't right. But yeah I've heard who it is now from a source and the initials are the same as another relative. This guy is in his 30's.

spurious wrote: »
    Yes.

Not the same but similar.

This mans name was mentioned on this thread in the past 24 hours (never before then), accompanying a mysterious foreign crime article, details on his whereabouts, previous unreported criminal trial, allegations he was a Gardai tout and a picture of him with a red target over his head!

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but what the fuck is going on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Ohbethehokey

ok tell us what can be done, within the existing law, given how stretched garda resources are already.

Bring them all in, line them up and shoot them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

The victim has the same name as a leading character in the show friends.

There goes Chandler Hutch RIP

This mans name was mentioned on this thread in the past 24 hours (never before then), accompanying a mysterious foreign crime article, details on his whereabouts, previous unreported criminal trial, allegations he was a Gardai tout and a picture of him with a red target over his head!

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but what the fuck is going on!

I'm no expert on this but I would imagine both gangs have a list of targets, have been doing intelligence on them, recognisance, etc, and also possibly have insiders in the other gangs. They possibly, in fact probably use tracking devices as well.

The reason the feud is now so bloody is there was a truce between them which was broken.

chillin117 wrote: »
    The translation is a hoot !

His accomplice is Gareth Hutch he is a cousin of Gary Hutch.Deze Gareth Hutch as appears from underworld sources to tout a Garda who so recently acquitted in 2015 this last Lucan money transport robbery of 2009. It is unknown why the Irish media it holds out the Irish newspapers. (perhaps a police informant)
    Maar hij was toen wel part van de Del boy Derk Hutch gang.
    But he was by then part of the Del boy Derk Hutch corridor.
    Op deze foto draagt hij de kist van liquidatie slachtoffer Eddie Huntch (59)(links in beeld foto 2 kale kop)Het is erg frapant dat Noffel word vast gehouden voor vals paspoort maar die man Gareth Huntch word gewoon vrij gesproken van het bezit van vals paspoort en ook van deze gewelddadige overval.
    In this photo he is wearing the chest wound victim Eddie Huntch (59) (left in photograph 2 bald head) It's very striking, which Noffel get detained for false passport but that man Gareth Huntch'm just acquitted of possessing false passport and this violent robbery.
    Schermafbeelding-2016-05-23-om-12.11.19-300x160.png
    Er klopt zeer zeker iets niet met die Gareth Hutch waarom komt hij er zonder kleer scheuren er van af en waarom hoor je niets van dat de Kinahans een prijs op zijn hoofd zet.Ook verstop deze Ierse criminele zich vaak in onze hoofdstad .
    It's true certainly not something with which Gareth Hutch why he comes without kleer tear from it and why you do not hear from the Kinahans a price on his head zet.Ook hide this Irish criminal often in our capital .
    Ik vraag me af waarom hij zo vaak in Amsterdam west is.
    I wonder why he is so often West in Amsterdam.
    (mogelijk werkt hij voor de politie)
    (May he works for the police)
    En ook zie je de kat met 7 levens Keith Murtagh met groot hoofd de kist dragen (foto 1 draagt kist rechts als eerst drager) Keith Murtagh is een van de hoogste doelen van de Kinahan bende sinds de Regency Hotel aanval op 5 februari, waarin David Byrne, een senior Kinahan bendelid, werd doodgeschoten.(staat 100.000 euro op zijn hoofd)
    And you see the cat with seven lives Keith Murtagh with large head bearing the coffin (photo 1 carries box right as first carrier) Keith Murtagh is one of the highest goals of the Kinahan gang since the Regency Hotel attack on February 5, where David Byrne, a senior Kinahan gang member, was shot dead. (represents 100,000 euros on his head)
    Er wordt aangenomen Murtagh was gericht vanwege zijn nauwe banden met Derek Hutch en andere leden van de noordzijde bende.
    It is believed Murtagh was targeted because of his close ties with Derek Hutch and other members of the northside gang.
    Naoufal Fassih die vandaag met een video verbinden in de bunker moet getuigen in de dubbelmoord Staatsliedenbuurt( hoger beroep) hangt 10 jaar boven zijn hoofd omdat ie wat valse papieren heeft en daarom blijft vast zitten niet niet op borg toch vrij mag komen.
    Naoufal Fassih today to connect a video in the bunker to testify in the double murder Staatsliedenbuurt (appeal) will be 10 years above his head because he has some false papers and therefore remain attached does not yet may be released on bail.
    Ook word Naoufal Fassih mogelijk naar Nedreland gehaald omdat ie hier verdachte is in een aantal stafzaken en dat ie daarom naar Nederland word gehaald.
    Also become possible Naoufal Fassih called Nedreland here because he is suspected in a number of staff matters and that he will therefore brought to the Netherlands.
    Of dat ook met liquidatie's te maken heeft weten mijn Ierse bronnen niet.
    Whether that has to do with liquidation do not know my Irish sources.
    Naoufal Fassih word gerekend tot de Kinahan bende.
    Naoufal Fassih become among the Kinahan gang.

Bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Hutches are dropping like flies

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

WarZ wrote: »
    There's a good few turning in their mates for a quick buck. The fact that the shooter involved at Noctor's fled on bicycle means he was definitely a local and he obviously hid in a safe house nearby.

You just can't compete with the money the Kinahan's have. The Hutches are fighting against a police force that seems more interested in disrupting the Hutch gang than any other group (I wonder why...), The Kinahan Cartel which is probably one of the richest and most powerful gangs in Europe and now their own loyal associates turning on them for a quick buck.

I would say a deep seeded grudge against the Hutch family is exactly why.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

bajer101 wrote: »

MOD
    The name of the victim is out there now so feel free to talk about this.Again...no gossip or speculation as that drags the threadon tangents, and no initials as that just drives everyone that doesn't recognise them batsh*t crazy.I appreciate that it's something that we will all hear bits and bobs on from folk and want to relay, but unless its anything concrete it shouldnt go on thread.
    Cheers,
    Boom

I'm no expert on this but I would imagine both gangs have a list of targets, have been doing intelligence on them, recognisance, etc, and also possibly have insiders in the other gangs. They possibly, in fact probably use tracking devices as well.

The reason the feud is now so bloody is there was a truce between them which was broken.

That is correct, but how can a Dutch article and posted by extension on here and twitter release all this unknown details about this man, and within 18 hours he is executed in the City centre! He was never mentioned on here before in near 250 pages! And suddenly he is name is mentioned in a sensitive and mysterious manner, and its a coincidence !? No way! Who put that information out there in the public domain and why yesterday!?

On 2nd thoughts I dont want to know lol :eek:

You'd have to wonder how the hell he was out walking the streets considering he fled the country while on bail for the armed robbery in 2009 that Del boy and Keith Murtagh were convicted for. He had to be extradited from Holland in 2014 to stand trial, so how was he out walking the streets?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/man-extradited-from-holland-to-face-charges-relating-to-attempted-cashintransit-robbery-five-years-ago-30618548.html

You'd have to wonder how the hell he was out walking the streets considering he fled the country while on bail for the armed robbery in 2009 that Del boy and Keith Murtagh were convicted for. He had to be extradited from Holland in 2014 to stand trial, so how was he out walking the streets?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/man-extradited-from-holland-to-face-charges-relating-to-attempted-cashintransit-robbery-five-years-ago-30618548.html
    He was aquitted I think, came across an article somewhere.

• Advertisement

Answering my own question here, but apparently he was acquitted of the 2009 robbery and also of being in possession of a false passport. Strange that there was nothing in the media about this as it was a very high profile robbery case where Del boy got 16 years and Gareth Molloy was shot dead by the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Jesus this doesn't reflect well on the Gardaí, they look totally inept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

h2005 wrote: »
    Jesus this doesn't reflect well on the Garda , they look totally inept.

Not sure why - what are they supposed to do? Babysit and shadow every criminal in the city? He was given a GIM last week.

Seen this also:
    https://twitter.com/mickthehack/status/735063038164914176

If he felt his life was in danger then why didn't he use some of his (or his uncles) "legitimate means".

These guys flout the law. Makes fools of the rest of us and then expect to be given new safe houses and 24 hours garda protection? I think not.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

h2005 wrote: »
    Jesus this doesn't reflect well on the Gardaí, they look totally inept.

They don't have the resources to keep track of everyone involved. I work in and around the north inner city and I've never seen so many Garda on the streets ( many of them carrying). To stop a shooting takes more then boots on the ground, they need Intel and the Garda budget doesn't come close to covering it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You would assume anyone named Hutch who'd been warned that their personal forecast was shooty with a strong possibility of carnage would have the resources required to get on an airplane and head for foreign climes

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement