Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Who's son is he? RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Who's son is he? RIP

John Hutch's son

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

bajer101 wrote: »
    John Hutch's son

How many brothers does Gerry have?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

I expect to see plenty of guards protecting certain houses in crumlin again for them next week

tomofson wrote: »
    How many brothers does Gerry have?

Eddie, John and Patsy are the only ones I know of.

Eddie, John and Patsy are the only ones I know of.

Assuming they all have multiple sons, then Monky does have a few sisters aswell so they make for a fairly big family, they will be a bit hard to completely wipe out. Though LB and DK might be just going for those they see as threats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ok tell us what can be done, within the existing law, given how stretched garda resources are already.

I don't have the answers but ignoring them and leaving them at it is definitely the wrong thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

derm0j073 wrote: »
    They don't have the resources to keep track of everyone involved. I work in and around the north inner city and I've never seen so many Garda on the streets ( many of them carrying). To stop a shooting takes more then boots on the ground, they need Intel and the Garda budget doesn't come close to covering it.

Everyone knows who lives in Champions Avenue which is about a 100 yards from where this incident took place.

The Garda Commisioner should be considering her position at this stage. Another shooting in broad daylight.

NY style police forcing required at this stage. Only one man needs to be hauled in and told to put a a stop to it immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would bringing the army in to the area not be an idea, have 5 soldiers at the end of every road for the next 3 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Would bringing the army in to the area not be an idea, have 5 soldiers at the end of every road for the next 3 months?

Its getting to that stage alright. After all, if they can go all the way to Lebanon to keep the peace, they absolutely should be able to do it here.

• Advertisement

Apparently their first getaway car wouldn't start and they had to abandon it and run to a second car which drove them away. And one of the gunman's masks slipped. Hopefully the guards can get some DNA evidence from the car and CCTV in the area might have caught footage of the the guy's face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

STB. wrote: »
    Everyone knows who lives in Champions Avenue which is about a 100 yards from where this incident took place.

Internal feud within the family? Or am I missing something?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Assuming they all have multiple sons, then Monky does have a few sisters aswell so they make for a fairly big family, they will be a bit hard to completely wipe out. Though LB and DK might be just going for those they see as threats.

Initials!!!! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

No thats showing them respect.

Definitely not, the Hutch family are so deep rooted in the north inner city they have a hard time leaving it because its the only place they can call home so they all live in close proximity to each other.

and in regards to The Monks brothers there is also the late Derek.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭Benevolent Misanthrope

If there is any shooting, the government will be hit for millions in deafness claims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

NY style police forcing required at this stage. Only one man needs to be hauled in and told to put a a stop to it immediately.

I'm sure telling him to stop will put an end to it alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

WTF? Martial law on the streets to stop a few criminals from killing each other?

In the height of the financial crisis we stopped having garda protection for government ministers and ex taoiseagh (think only current Taoiseach and MoJ still receive it). Now we feel bad that the criminals don't receive state protection????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

califano wrote: »
    No thats showing them respect.

No that's trying to protect the children in the school opposite the shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

an armed checkpoint was only 200m away when the shooting happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

There was an armed checkpoint 200 hundred metres away from this mornings shooting, according to paul Reynolds on rte radio, just now. Its obvious that the costa gangs don't give them much credit or are not afraid of bumping into them...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Any theories about why the anti-gang legislation is not being used for this feud?

Remember at the time it was considered draconian but seems to be left on the shelf for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

20Cent wrote: »
    Any theories about why the anti-gang legislation is not being used for this feud?

Remember at the time it was considered draconian but seems to be left on the shelf for this.

No need for it. We're in safe hands with Noreen and Francis at the helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Coat22 wrote: »
    Not sure why - what are they supposed to do? Babysit and shadow every criminal in the city? He was given a GIM last week.

Seen this also:
    https://twitter.com/mickthehack/status/735063038164914176

If he felt his life was in danger then why didn't he use some of his (or his uncles) "legitimate means".

These guys flout the law. Makes fools of the rest of us and then expect to be given new safe houses and 24 hours garda protection? I think not.

Why?? Because it would seem one gang are being allowed wipe out another with impunity, with innocent people getting caught up in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Gardai certainly seem to be more interested in harrasing disso's for wearing their action man uniforms than actually stepping on these boys toes.

• Advertisement

It would seem like this feud is the finals, while the crumlin - drimnagh and sheriff street feud's was just the play offs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Definitely not, the Hutch family are so deep rooted in the north inner city they have a hard time leaving it because its the only place they can call home so they all live in close proximity to each other.

According to the 1911 Census everyone in Ireland called Hutch at that time lived in Cork!

Feckin' blow ins!

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    No need for it. We're in safe hands with Noreen and Francis at the helm.
    I get the sense that you don't think women should be involved in this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

h2005 wrote: »
    Not sure why - what are they supposed to do? Babysit and shadow every criminal in the city? He was given a GIM last week.

Seen this also:
    https://twitter.com/mickthehack/status/735063038164914176

If he felt his life was in danger then why didn't he use some of his (or his uncles) "legitimate means".

These guys flout the law. Makes fools of the rest of us and then expect to be given new safe houses and 24 hours garda protection? I think not.

Why?? Because it would seem one gang are being allowed wipe out another with impunity, with innocent people getting caught up in it.

So you spend millions of taxpayers money, money that could be spent elsewhere, on protecting a major crime family so that another crime family can't kill them? In the meantime head of same crime families live in luxury in Spain, Dubai etc.

Granted an innocent person was killed but innocent people are killed everyday in traffic accidents etc. I'm not saying the Garda should go out and actively encourage this but there's a limit to what they and the authorities can do if scumbag 1 and scumbag 2 want to kill each other and I for one don't want my taxes used in protecting them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Bambi wrote: »
    Gardai certainly seem to be more interested in harrasing disso's for wearing their action man uniforms than actually stepping on these boys toes.

I think it was North of the border that those guys were arrested, so not the Gardai.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

So you spend millions of taxpayers money, money that could be spent elsewhere, on protecting a major crime family so that another crime family can't kill them?

It's the innocent people in the surrounding areas the guards are trying to protect.

Hutch mob had links to dissidents. Those exact dissidents were intercepted mid-delivery with a large quantity of explosives not too long ago.

Most of the Kinahan mob are living in Crumlin. A massively dense, built up area. That and explosives don't go well together.

that's why the guards are there.

What. Where did you get that from ? You are reading stuff that's not there.

My point is that the reality of all this madness thats going on includes the targeting members of a particular family some of which are from Champions Avenue. The latest murder is a stones throw from there.

Given that, where were the ERU ?

More to the point, last time it was a bystander in broad daylight.

You would think that was enough to wake up the Commissioner. But no, another murder in broad daylight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

Why can't the ERU and Ranger Wing not join forces and eliminate all these assholes? - Im not even kidding or trying to derail the convo but they have the expertise and skills to make this happen under the radar. Top secret stuff.

que the human rights activists banging down my door on this one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Ahh Paul Williams on Liveline, What a surprise :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

eamonnq wrote: »
    I think it was North of the border that those guys were arrested, so not the Gardai.

Gardai were at it recently too, the dissos love fancy dress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Your post seemed to imply that someone living on Champions Ave. was responsible for today's killing, but I see now you meant that today's victim may have been targeted because of his relation to the family on Champions Ave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

My point is that the reality of all this madness thats going on includes the targeting members of a particular family some of which are from Champions Avenue. The latest murder is a stones throw from there.

You would think that was enough to wake up the Commissioner. But no, another murder in broad daylight.

200m away apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seerscryer

Apparently their first getaway car wouldn't start and they had to abandon it and run to a second car which drove them away. And one of the gunman's masks slipped. Hopefully the guards can get some DNA evidence from the car and CCTV in the area might have caught footage of the the guy's face.
    Independent have named the deceased as Gareth Hutch, Dutch crimesite named him yesterday in an online article!
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/face-of-latest-member-of-hutch-gang-shot-dead-in-dublin-inner-city-attack-34742325.html

honreal wrote: »
    Why can't the ERU and Ranger Wing not join forces and eliminate all these assholes? - Im not even kidding or trying to derail the convo but they have the expertise and skills to make this happen under the radar. Top secret stuff.

que the human rights activists banging down my door on this one.
    To be fair, I don't think you have to be a mad human rights zealot to oppose state-sponsored murder.

So according to P willy, The deceased garret hutch was certainly involved with the attack on the regency hotel and was also a taxi driver, he also hinting that there is a mole in the Gardaí giving the costas up to date information...

and on a much smaller note how did he get his taxi licence if he a very well known criminal ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

To be fair, I don't think you have to be a mad human rights zealot to oppose state-sponsored murder.

:D true, it is a whacky idea but it would put an end to lot of problems and be a heavy discouragement to any wannabe scumbags when they look around and see what happens when you go down that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seerscryer

eamonnq wrote: »

200m away apparently.
    Commissioner is probably happy enough it takes the dairy off of her answering those uncomfortable questions about the Higgins Tribunal! Very sad for his family, I believe that he has a young child! Devastating whatever his background, always those left behind suffer!

Your post seemed to imply that someone living on Champions Ave. was responsible for today's killing, but I see now you meant that today's victim may have been targeted because of his relation to the family on Champions Ave.

It didn't imply anything of the sort! You've some imagination pal! :)

What I said was

The Garda Commisioner should be considering her position at this stage. Another shooting in broad daylight.

And my point was given that there is widespread targeting of anyone who has that surname, that you would think that there would be a armed garda presence where some of them live, yet someone was shot within a very short distance. What a complete cockup.

So according to P willy, The deceased garret hutch was certainly involved with the attack on the regency hotel and was also a taxi driver, he also hinting that there is a mole in the Gardaí giving them up to date information...

and on a much smaller note how did he get his taxi licence if he a very well known criminal ??

How many people do they reckon were involved in the attack on the regency? Seems like every character getting murdered had some sort of minute involvement

How many people do they reckon were involved in the attack on the regency? Seems like every character getting murdered had some sort of minute involvement
    The Kinahan mob seem to know everyone involved in the Regency. Some mole somewhere is singing like a bird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Was the guy murdered this morning, party to the original money "lending" to the Kinahans?

Six/five went in and one lad in van, 4/5 cars with drivers to pick them up, people to hide weapons and cars before hand, people who put the attackers up in safe houses after attack, maybe 30 ? and not forgetting the big lads who did the the actual organising of it as the above are just pawns/soldiers.

Six went in and one lad in van, 4/5 cars with drivers to pick them up, people to hide weapons and cars before hand, people who put the attackers up in safe houses after attack, maybe 30 ? and not forgetting the big lads who did the the actual organising of it as the above are just pawns/soldiers.

Seems like they planned a spectacular that failed miserably, they may have another one of them up their sleeve but i seriously doubt that I would say the regency was either make or break

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Six went in and one lad in van, 4/5 cars with drivers to pick them up, people to hide weapons and cars before hand, people who put the attackers up in safe houses after attack, maybe 30 ? and not forgetting the big lads who did the the actual organising of it as the above are just pawns/soldiers.

Seems like they planned a spectacular that failed miserably, they may have another one of them up their sleeve but i seriously doubt that I would say the regency was either make or break
    I'd seriously doubt it. The 3 that are in custody will have to be released or charged by tomorrow. Could be a tough week for the Hutches.

• Advertisement

I'd seriously doubt it. The 3 that are in custody will have to be released or charged by tomorrow. Could be a tough week for the Hutches.
    Todays shooting could help break those still in custody

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement