Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

I'm sure many of those hand-wringing in the media and elsewhere about the gangland feud, consume large amounts of drugs supplied by the same gangs. Its all part of the hypocrisy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

I get the sense that you don't think women should be involved in this stuff.

Coincidental that they're both women. What is at fault is that both are overseeing a force which have protests at Dail Eireann, have credibility, morale and trust issues within their own ranks, have representative associations looking for more supplies, personnel, resources and legislation and when both of the above are questioned regarding all of the above issues the reply to media commentators and other reps is that everything is hunky dory.

Thats what's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

seerscryer wrote: »
    Independent have named the deceased as Gareth Hutch, Dutch crimesite named him yesterday in an online article!
    http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/face-of-latest-member-of-hutch-gang-shot-dead-in-dublin-inner-city-attack-34742325.html

Yeah, and I see that Nicola has written an article about it. I'd say you can say goodbye to your new twitter account.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/gareth-hutch-named-and-pictured-as-garda-informant-on-dutch-site#.V0RS33g8lr0.twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

chillin117 wrote: »
    The Kinahan mob seem to know everyone involved in the Regency. Some mole somewhere is singing like a bird

Could it be the same mole singing to the gardai and the Kinahans?

How many interviewed by the gardai were shot soon after?

And how do the gardai know who to warn about an imminent threat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

tomofson wrote: »
    Seems like they planned a spectacular that failed miserably, they may have another one of them up their sleeve but i seriously doubt that I would say the regency was either make or break

Yep, As far as I know the plan was for the monks to take over the Costas drugs supply and imports, thus control 80% of this country's drug trade, and then the dissos would start taxing the dealers as in like Alan Ryan did.

This did not start with the killing of Gary hutch it started with the shooting outside a villa in estapona in which a boxer was shot in mistake, there has been some planning put into all this by some very intelligent people, but its all gone pear-shaped and they underestimated the response intelligence and pure finically clout the kinahans have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

I'd seriously doubt it. The 3 that are in custody will have to be released or charged by tomorrow. Could be a tough week for the Hutches.

Was thinking that to, the only thing Gerry and friends can do now is sit back and be picked off one by one, while hoping the next one isn't them.

Was thinking that to, the only thing Gerry and friends can do now is sit back and be picked off one by one, while hoping the next one isn't them.

Or make some sort of approach to the costas to see can they come to some sort of truce/peace ,The costas did it with Gilligan, while (hope these are the right words) there are ahead they can dictate what the terms should/can be.

As its all bad for business and it has to be costing thousands of euros a week to finance .They will eventually sit down and talk.

Or make some sort of approach to the costas to see can they come to some sort of truce/peace ,The costas did it with Gilligan, while (hope these are the right words) there are ahead they can dictate what the terms should/can be.

As its all bad for business and it has to be costing thousands of euros a week to finance .They will eventually sit down and talk.

Back before the Regency it was reported that Gerry would only talk to Christy Snr. or John Cunningham. That obviously didn't happen. That is probably the only meeting that could put an end to this.

I think a certain individual who is a close associate of a previous murder victim is far to hell bent on revenge to agree to any terms or regulations that a truce would include, We all know who that individual is who is paying for the murders I think for a real truce the K camp might have to think about knocking off this particular individual

According to the sunday world a second Hutch family member "Dodged death" in the shooting today, I wonder could be the same young man who "dodged death" in the sunset last month.

• Advertisement

I think a certain individual who is a close associate of a previous murder victim is far to hell bent on revenge to agree to any terms or regulations that a truce would include, We all know who that individual is who is paying for the murders I think for a real truce the K camp might have to think about knocking off this particular individual

Yea know who you mean, Were talking millions upon millions of profits here lads/ladies, and at the end of the day business is business and maybe what your saying could/might happen.

But I still think its to early for that to happen, there are two lads there left in the monks camp that in costas world would have to go, Also they be keeping an eye on the dissos in case they get some notions of retaliation so they would have to be involved in any truce.

On second thoughts I think its to early. very unfortunally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

They're probably going to have to knock them all off.
    I can't imagine the Hutch's agreeing to a truce at this stage, and even if they did, who would trust them?
    Vice versa.

Allyall wrote: »
    They're probably going to have to knock them all off.
    I can't imagine the Hutch's agreeing to a truce at this stage, and even if they did, who would trust them?
    Vice versa.

The Hutches would have no other option but to agree to a truce what can they do at this stage? They a losing and losing badly.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

This did not start with the killing of Gary hutch it started with the shooting outside a villa in estapona in which a boxer was shot in mistake, there has been some planning put into all this by some very intelligent people, but its all gone pear-shaped and they underestimated the response intelligence and pure finically clout the kinahans have.

I think the story needs to go a little further back than that: Gary Hutch was suspected by the cartel for being responsible for a number of drugs busts both here and in England. The English bust was a big deal in that it brought down a large crime gang in the north east with a lot of lengthy prison sentences for the main players.

All this was happening while Garreth Hutch was being sought for extradition from Holland. I don't know what happened to the case when Garreth was returned by the Dutch authorities last year but he wasn't in custody (obviously).

The Hutches would have no other option but to agree to a truce what can they do at this stage? They a losing and losing badly.

Yeah, but I mean, if they agreed to a truce, could they trust the Kinahans?
    If the Kinahans agreed to a truce, could they trust the Hutchs?

Would they be able to go about their business without thinking it, or without thinking the others are thinking it.

I couldn't live like that, I'd crack up..

humberklog wrote: »
    I think the story needs to go a little further back than that: Gary Hutch was suspected by the cartel for being responsible for a number of drugs busts both here and in England. The English bust was a big deal in that it brought down a large crime gang in the north east with a lot of lengthy prison sentences for the main players.

All this was happening while Garreth Hutch was being sought for extradition from Holland. I don't know what happened to the case when Garreth was returned by the Dutch authorities last year but he wasn't in custody (obviously).

You'd have to wonder how he got acquitted of that robbery charge when everyone else involved got done. He skipped bail and got extradited and then walked. And that Dutch site reporting that he was a rat. If that's true, it opens up a lot of possibilities.

There's also reports of an ERU checkpoint 200 metres away, yet witnesses said that the gunmen's first getaway car stalled and the gunmen were at the scene for 3 or 4 minutes waiting for the second car. And Nicola reporting that Gareth had an appointment with the Social this morning and that is when he was killed. There are some serious leaks out there and obviously not all from within the Hutch camp. There are enough questions at this stage about all of the murders to warrant a full on independent inquiry from the likes of GSOC.

Wonder was it a mix up with the names.
    When they thought Gary Hutch was the informant, paper today confirming Gareth was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

When they thought Gary Hutch was the informant, paper today confirming Gareth was one.

Not at all likely with the intel that the Costas have.

I dont think any of them rags ever "confirm" anything, But I know a lot of people have distrust towards certain Hutches and for good reason.

Yeah, but I mean, if they agreed to a truce, could they trust the Kinahans?
    If the Kinahans agreed to a truce, could they trust the Hutchs?

Would they be able to go about their business without thinking it, or without thinking the others are thinking it.

I couldn't live like that, I'd crack up..

Well atleast if they agreed to a truce they would have some sort of chance, right now without a truce its not looking great for them either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The Dutch article didn't say anything new though. The writing was on the wall (or at least in red spray paint across the Russian orthodox church) back in May '14 at the time of the kinahans' mother's funeral.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

bajer101 wrote: »
    You'd have to wonder how he got acquitted of that robbery charge when everyone else involved got done. He skipped bail and got extradited and then walked. And that Dutch site reporting that he was a rat. If that's true, it opens up a lot of possibilities.

There's also reports of an ERU checkpoint 200 metres away, yet witnesses said that the gunmen's first getaway car stalled and the gunmen were at the scene for 3 or 4 minutes waiting for the second car. And Nicola reporting that Gareth had an appointment with the Social this morning and that is when he was killed. There are some serious leaks out there and obviously not all from within the Hutch camp. There are enough questions at this stage about all of the murders to warrant a full on independent inquiry from the likes of GSOC.

Find it hard to believe that gunman are going to stand around a scene waiting for a lift rather than having it away on their toes

Bambi wrote: »
    Find it hard to believe that gunman are going to stand around a scene waiting for a lift rather than having it away on their toes

Witnesses reported that their first getaway car stalled and that they were at the scene for 3 or 4 minutes until a second car arrived to drive them away.

Gardai now raiding a house near the scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

Just reading the following article - http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/nephew-of-the-monk-shot-dead-in-latest-dublin-attack-feared-his-young-son-would-witness-his-killing-34742466.html and noticed this - “The guards told him he had a direct line into the ERU ‘press the button and we’ll be there’ they told him”

Do all scumbags get a direct line to the ERU for protection??

honreal wrote: »
    Just reading the following article - http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/nephew-of-the-monk-shot-dead-in-latest-dublin-attack-feared-his-young-son-would-witness-his-killing-34742466.html and noticed this - “The guards told him he had a direct line into the ERU ‘press the button and we’ll be there’ they told him”

Only ones that have helped gardai with inquiries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

There are enough questions at this stage about all of the murders to warrant a full on independent inquiry from the likes of GSOC.

Would ya go away - throw more money after it to find out how scumbag 1 knew scumbag 2 would be sitting in a car outside his flat this morning in the middle of a city? Any chance someone just saw him there? How do you not know that scumbag 2 has been dropping by there everyday for the last month and this morning GH just happened to be there?

GSOC:angel:

Just reading the following article - http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/nephew-of-the-monk-shot-dead-in-latest-dublin-attack-feared-his-young-son-would-witness-his-killing-34742466.html and noticed this - The guards told him he had a direct line into the ERU press the button and we ll be there they told him

They would have if most people on here had their way

Coat22 wrote: »
    Would ya go away - throw more money after it to find out how scumbag 1 knew scumbag 2 would be sitting in a car outside his flat this morning in the middle of a city? Any chance someone just saw him there? How do you not know that scumbag 2 has been dropping by there everyday for the last month and this morning GH just happened to be there?

GSOC:angel:

I am only going on media reports, but from what has been reported:

This morning meeting with the Welfare was only set up yesterday.
    There was an ERU checkpoint 200 metres away and the gunmen were on the scene for 3 or 4 minutes.
    There were 3 undercover Gardai at the regency.
    Despite all the patrols and checkpoints in the area this is the fourth murder in the area and the gunmen have managed to get in and out without being stopped.
    They only arrests seem to be on the Hutch/Dissie side.

I am not saying that there is collusion going on, but when you have the Garda fanboy Paul Williams hinting at leaks within the Gardai, then it certainly does seem very suspicious and should be investigated.

• Advertisement

So if somebody thinks that they are about to be murdered, (regardless of who they are), you don't think they should be able to alert the police in order to prevent that murder and to allow the police to apprehend the killers?

Just reading the following article - http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/nephew-of-the-monk-shot-dead-in-latest-dublin-attack-feared-his-young-son-would-witness-his-killing-34742466.html and noticed this - The guards told him he had a direct line into the ERU press the button and we ll be there they told him

So if somebody thinks that they are about to be murdered, (regardless of who they are), you don't think they should be able to alert the police in order to prevent that murder and to allow the police to apprehend the killers?

999 -works on my phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

It didn't work on the phone in the Regnecy

The monks are getting hit on all sides,
    Yer ex sf man in custody most likely squealing and after today will be in a right state.
    K murtagh luckily escaping with his life in Ballyer this weekend.
    This killing this morning and with reports that another hutch had a lucky escape.

Whats next and what will the authorities now do about it ?

No they should get the same treatment as the rest of us law abiding citizens who dial 999 and wait for a response. Why do YOU think these scumbags who scourge the streets deserve a higher personalised level of service from an elite garda unit?

999 -works on my phone

Dials 999.
    "Hello", which emergency service would you like.
    "Police please"
    "Hold on while I put you through"
    Ring, ring, ring....BANG.

• Advertisement

The monks are getting hit on all sides,
    Yer ex sf man in custody most likely squealing and after today will be in a right state.
    K murtagh luckily escaping with his life in Ballyer this weekend.
    This killing this morning and with reports that another hutch had a lucky escape.

Whats next and what will the authorities now do about it ?

Is it the same Hutch who had the lucky escape in the sunset house?

Dials 999.
    "Police please"
    Ring, ring, ring....BANG.

Sure it could be you or me in the following instance

Dials 999.
    "Police please"
    Ring, ring, ring....STAB STAB STAB

so you think the goujer on the street deserves an elite garda response over the rest of us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Seems like a lifetime ago that Mr.Monk was swaning around the country in his big long Hummer...
    Bet he wishes he could turn the clock back.

Is it the same Hutch who had the lucky escape in the sunset house?

I don't know tomofson.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

In fairness they must of known the consequences of what would happen if the Regency didn't work out. Even if they got their number 1 target at the Regency there was probably enough left to ensure all out war either way, I couldn't see those boys just rolling over because the supposed leader was got.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

No they should get the same treatment as the rest of us law abiding citizens who dial 999 and wait for a response. Why do YOU think these scumbags who scourge the streets deserve a higher personalised level of service from an elite garda unit?

"Elite" garda unit my hole!

Bunch of amateurs standing round scratching themselves while people in the City centre getting massacred left right and centre! Standing hundreds of meters away while hitmens getaway car breaks down and they still there 4 minutes later, and still cant catch them?! Elite, do me a favour!

They are either corrupt or totally incompetent, or both ! Judging by their history its a safe bet!

I don't know tomofson.

Okay, why would that other Hutch be a target though, why was he top target in the sunset does anyone know?

Bunch of amateurs standing round scratching themselves while people in the City centre getting massacred left right and centre! Standing hundreds of meters away while hitmens getaway car breaks down and they still there 4 minutes later, and still cant catch them?! Elite, do me a favour!

They are either corrupt or totally incompetent, or both ! Judging by their history its a safe bet!

Dont be exaggerating and easy down on the hyperbole, nobody is being "massacred" and the story about the "hitmen" standing around for four minutes still hasn't being confirmed by reliable sources, just cause the papers say it doesn't mean its true.

You are calling the ERU amature :D

good lad.

Their superhero senses must have been broken cause otherwise how else would they know a shooting took place 200m around the corner within 4 mins of it happening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Rebelkid

ERU are one of the Best armed teams in Europe in terms of operational experience, training, selection etc.. So don't be calling them useless when the real issue is there is not enough of them!

Sure it could be you or me in the following instance

Dials 999.
    "Police please"
    Ring, ring, ring....STAB STAB STAB

so you think the goujer on the street deserves an elite garda response over the rest of us?

There is an active threat on these guys lives. They have been served with GIMs. There is no active threat on your or my life. If there is an active threat on your life and you have a direct line to the ERU, then that increases the chances of the Gardai catching the killers and that has to be a good thing. If Eddie Hutch had a direct line to the ERU and managed to get a call in, those killers might have been caught and Martin O'Rourke may not have been murdered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Dont be exaggerating and easy down on the hyperbole, nobody is being "massacred" and the story about the "hitmen" standing around for four minutes still hasn't being confirmed by reliable sources, just cause the papers say it doesn't mean its true.

Eye witness accounts said it! What more sources do you want, or is it more Gardai spin we should wait for

sure he's right, what would you call them??

a unique high risk zone, extremely likely that a fatal attack is imminent and they miss everytime? the square mileage is unreal. these lads are driving into the same area, almost same stretch of road in some cases!!

sure they could have pushed the getaway car out this morning if locals are to be believed!! I hate to be sexist but the two top cailíns need to go!

two busy arguing over who smeared who and when!
    I knew two retired detectives for years and they even told me the force is a joke now.

this wont end til our limo driving pal is dead I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

You are calling the ERU amature :D

good lad.

Their superhero senses must have been broken cause otherwise how else would they know a shooting took place 200m around the corner within 4 mins of it happening :D

If someone called 999

There is an active threat on these guys lives. They have been served with GIMs. There is no active threat on your or my life. If there is an active threat on your life and you have a direct line to the ERU, then that increases the chances of the Gardai catching the killers and that has to be a good thing. If Eddie Hutch had a direct line to the ERU and managed to get a call in, those killers might have been caught and Martin O'Rourke may not have been murdered.

Im all for them catching the murdered but either way by the looks of things the murderer will be taken out himself eventually. My issue is that these guys are getting direct lines to the ERU for protection. I don't have a direct line to the ERU becuase im not a scumbag lowlife who is involved in murders, drug dealing, gangs, beatings etc.

These clowns get involved in this **** and must deal with the consequences as a result!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement