Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

bajer101 wrote: »
    Coat22 wrote: »
    999 -works on my phone

Dials 999.
    "Hello", which emergency service would you like.
    "Police please"
    "Hold on while I put you through"
    Ring, ring, ring....BANG.

As opposed to?
    "Hello. Gareth is it? The gun man is where? On the balcony? Ok we're leaving now"
    Bang!
    "**** didn't get into the transponder quick enough! Damn that laws of physics"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Coat22 wrote: »
    As opposed to?
    "Hell. Gareth is it? The gun man is where? On the balcony? Ok we're leaving now"
    Bang!
    "**** didn't get into the transponder quick enough! Damn that laws of physics"

Or maybe,

"It's Gareth and I can see two guys with balaclavas"
    "Hang on, we have a checkpoint 200 metres away."

And the killers get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Why is everyone so caught up on the device thing he had for contacting the ERU the facts are it done him no good in the end anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Or maybe,

"It's Gareth and I can see two guys with balaclavas"
    "Hang on, we have a checkpoint 200 metres away."

And the killers get caught.

So kinda like having the best cover of VHI but not actually paying for it. if these scummers don't value their own lives and get mixed up in this **** I really don't see why the normal decent law abiding tax paying individual should suffer the consequences of having less access to Garda resources as a result. I'm not saying that the Gardai should not be working hard to prevent crime, murder and this gangland stuff but it's a big city and other people to consider. These gang members KNOW what the deal is, they choose who they associate with and they know the risks.

honreal wrote: »
    You are calling the ERU amature :D

good lad.

Their superhero senses must have been broken cause otherwise how else would they know a shooting took place 200m around the corner within 4 mins of it happening :D

bolt can run 200mtr in about 20+ seconds!!! they cant drive a car in how many minutes. where's this 200mtrs marker by the way?? why don't they literally have say 3 cars unmarked rotating this zone, draw a bloody circle round it and just put six men on it FFS

ok lads for the next few weeks, you'll all sit I a car and drive 4 square miles, sure that's all the cops in the USA do, patrol areas all day, same mileage.
    over here, we wait until it happens then comes the hype, then the guard gets dropped when Primetime move onto the housing crisis...rinse and repeat!

If a bullet went astray, into Dublin 4, you'd see action!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

You are calling the ERU amature :D

good lad.

The guards can do no wrong bla bla , youre a broken record. Turn on the news once in a while, the whole police force in this country is a corrupt laughing stock . Suppose Noirin and Frances will fix it all over tea and scones Lol . The big players are laughing at the boys in blue these days.

How many people now have been murdered while the "elite" ERU are round the corner and nobody is caught

tomofson wrote: »
    Why is everyone so caught up on the device thing he had for contacting the ERU the facts are it done him no good in the end anyway
    Strumms wrote: »
    So kinda like having the best cover of VHI but not actually paying for it. if these scummers don't value their own lives and get mixed up in this **** I really don't see why the normal decent law abiding tax paying individual should suffer the consequences of having less access to Garda resources as a result. I'm not saying that the Gardai should not be working hard to prevent crime, murder and this gangland stuff but it's a big city and other people to consider. These gang members KNOW what the deal is, they choose who they associate with and they know the risks.

As tomofson said, it did him no use. But if you look at the bigger picture, the general public should not have a problem with anyone who was served with a GIM having instant access to the ERU if for no other reason than it may help the Gardai apprehend the killers, even if it means only catching them after the killing has taken place. Stop thinking of it as protection for the potential victim and more of increasing the chance of catching the killers and you will see that it is a good thing.

Well either way neither here nor there as it certainly didn't do him any good and nobody so far anyway has been caught...

A question for those in the know... Gerry Hutch. Supposedly a reformed character over the last few years. Legit businessman chauffeur etc.... but is he really the head of the Hutch crime cartel per say and involved actively or just kinda the head of the family and has been dragged into all this courtesy of the young guns in the clan.. ?

The guards can do no wrong bla bla , youre a broken record. Turn on the news once in a while, the whole police force in this country is a corrupt laughing stock . Suppose Noirin and Frances will fix it all over tea and scones Lol . The big players are laughing at the boys in blue these days.

How many people now have been murdered while the "elite" ERU are round the corner and nobody is caught

I agree with you. It they poured more time into catching these people than they do setting up whistleblowers as discredited scapegoats, sure we'd have a peaceful life.

• Advertisement

Well either way neither here nor there as it certainly didn't do him any good and nobody so far anyway has been caught...

A question for those in the know... Gerry Hutch. Supposedly a reformed character over the last few years. Legit businessman chauffeur etc.... but is he really the head of the Hutch crime cartel per say and involved actively or just kinda the head of the family and has been dragged into all this courtesy of the young guns in the clan.. ?

I think you are right on that.

I think you are right on that.

Yes but which part :)

Yes but which part :)

Both parts :)

Could the fact that a certain individual returned to Ireland in recent days before a second attempt was made on hes life be a sign that the H camp are planning something?

ahhhhh.. ok.. Well, I'm off down the Sunset House for a Strawberry Daquiri and a read of the Herald... all welcome to come along...

There's two schools of thought on Gerry's role. One is that he is retired and has been dragged into it, while the second theory is that this was all part of a masterplan aimed at seizing control of the drug trade from the Cartel with the help of the dissies who would then extort a tax from the replacement dealers. Dublinlive.ie are reporting that he has fled Dublin and is spending his time between Lanzarote and Amsterdam, not just because he fears for his life, but also because he is wanted by the Gardai. So make of that what you will.

http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/hutch-relative-shot-dead-horror-11377157

• Advertisement

if these scummers don't value their own lives and get mixed up in this **** I really don't see why the normal decent law abiding tax paying individual should suffer the consequences of having less access to Garda resources as a result.
    Most, if not all, of the people who have been shot by the Kinehans didn't deserve their fate.

I'm not sure what this member of the Hutch family did to earn the ire of the Kinehan gang—most likely, he was an easy target with the wrong surname.

Perhaps he had some low-level criminal record, who knows? But there are thousands like him in the country and none of them deserve to be slaughtered in the street by the most violent, wealthy criminal gang in the country.

The victim's main crime here is almost certainly his surname. Perhaps it is his only crime.

Most decent Irish people oppose the death penalty, even if it were to be administered by the constitutionally appointed courts.

The idea that a gang can legitimately maraud the streets of central Dublin, slaying random relatives of their enemy, is beyond indecent, it's actually idiotic.

"Frances Fitzgerald says Garda Commissioner is "happy with resources and strength" of force. Utter nonsense.Gardai chronically under strength"

https://twitter.com/mccaffreymick/status/735131673176776704

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

So many Garda sympathisers on here defending them any excuse the old chesnut of no resources is always wheeled out,

They are a bunch of Amatuers driving around in ex drug dealers jeeps thinking their FBI yet dont have a notion how to police,emergency response my ass their is nothing rapid about them they were no where near the hotel that was the first mistake,then they have failed miserably to catch a single gunman of which there has been many roaming the streets shooting people dead in the inner city alone,

These hit teams are striking so easily and not getting close to being caught,If I drove down the road with out of date tax i'd bump into police yet these boys in stolen cars are doing hits,collusion or imcompetence is the only excuse they are doing zero at the moment.

As I said before one of the biggest question marks hanging over the Gardai is the Regency attack. If they thought it proper to have an armed presence at the fight itself yet were nowhere to be seen at the weigh in ? That is either gross incompetence or else something downright fishy going on.

Apparently Ross was with him and chased the gunmen on foot. That is two lucky escapes Ross has had.

http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/gareth-hutchs-cousin-chased-after-11380277

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

As I said before one of the biggest question marks hanging over the Gardai is the Regency attack. If they thought it proper to have an armed presence at the fight itself yet were nowhere to be seen at the weigh in ? That is either gross incompetence or else something downright fishy going on.

Allegedly they were there undercover but could realistically do nothing when it started.

Apparently Ross was with him and chased the gunmen on foot. That is two lucky escapes Ross has had.

http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/gareth-hutchs-cousin-chased-after-11380277

Is there any particular reason they want Ross dead?

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Allegedly they were there undercover but could realistically do nothing when it started.

I can see if they were unarmed that there would be little they could do but seeing as they are tasked with protecting the public if they were armed even with side arms they could and should have confronted these individuals. If they were there and unarmed... why were they not armed ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Garda Commisioner should be fired. Why is she in bed with the government, both patting each others asses? Is the Commisoner not supposed to be independent? Should she not be knocking down the door of the Oireachtas demanding budget increases etc.?

The Guards are definitely in a sorry state. I almost considered signing up until I realised what a joke shop it is.

If you get through the 'rounds' and are accepted for training you will likely be waiting 15 months. You will then have your 7 months (or whatever exactly) training while being paid less than the dole. When you graduate you can look forward to a salary of about €23k in a demoralised, underfunded force in run down buildings with run down equipment. You could then be posted to Dublin or Cork where you will struggle with housing and living expenses.

Farce.

Is there any particular reason they want Ross dead?

He has been served with a GIM, but other than that he is a Hutch, I don't know. I haven't heard his name mentioned in relation to the regency. Maybe he is not a target and that is why he wasn't hit in either of the shootings. But I reckon that the redtops are just itching for him to be killed so that they can run with the headline,

"Winning Streak comes to an end"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

I can see if they were unarmed that there would be little they could do but seeing as they are tasked with protecting the public if they were armed even with side arms they could and should have confronted these individuals. If they were there and unarmed... why were they not armed ?

A side arm doesn't stack up against AK47s! It's suicide taking your sig out to confront what went down that day

"Frances Fitzgerald says Garda Commissioner is "happy with resources and strength" of force. Utter nonsense.Gardai chronically under strength"

This isn't about resources.

My local full-time Garda station is 14 miles from my home, the village station having been closed, and the next-nearest having had its hours curtailed.
    And yet—despite the political and media hype about crime in rural Ireland—the area is idyllically safe, with only sporadic, non-violent burglaries of farm machinery.

The post office and the pub/shop haven't been robbed in living memory.
    The last great scandal occured when Mad Billy shuffled out of the Catholic Church with a collection-basket undr his arm in the late 90's.

Crimes like this don't happen because of weak Garda resources.

They happen because of a breakdown in community values, usually due to income or social inequality

He has been served with a GIM, but other than that he is a Hutch, I don't know. I haven't heard his name mentioned in relation to the regency. Maybe he is not a target and that is why he wasn't hit in either of the shootings. But I reckon that the redtops are just itching for him to be killed so that they can run with the headline,

"Winning Streak comes to an end"

Or maybe

"Gunman bags Kinahans top price"

You know they'll think of a cheeky headline, I'd say the Kinahans do want him out of the way though in case he gets any ideas about revenge.

I know its hard and probably financially difficult but why any these hutchs are still living in dublin months into this fued is baffling,Its not impossible to move offside for sometime its pure stupidity or stubborness when your life is on the line.

Gamebred wrote: »
    I know its hard and probably financially difficult but why any these hutchs are still living in dublin months into this fued is baffling,Its not impossible to move offside for sometime its pure stupidity or stubborness when your life is on the line.

I think they are so deep rooted into their local community, in their minds that may not even be an option.

• Advertisement

Garda resources are a problem and thats the feelng from the guys on the ground on the beat but most importantly equipment. It's gonna be sooner rather than later that a garda in uniform gets gunned down when a round passes the 'stab' vest.

As a poster above says how can these areas go un policed knowing who lives in the area. I wouldn't be surprised if gards on the beat are told to stay away from these areas because they know they don't stack upto these guys.

Just look at the arsenal these scumbags have at their disposal. A glock semi auto handgun, you would have 10 rounds in you before you could even flex a muscle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Perhaps he had some low-level criminal record, who knows? But there are thousands like him in the country and none of them deserve to be slaughtered in the street by the most violent, wealthy criminal gang in the country.

The victim's main crime here is almost certainly his surname. Perhaps it is his only crime.

Most decent Irish people oppose the death penalty, even if it were to be administered by the constitutionally appointed courts.

The idea that a gang can legitimately maraud the streets of central Dublin, slaying random relatives of their enemy, is beyond indecent, it's actually idiotic.

Sadly alot of people in this country believe that if a guy has any sort of criminal history or is in someway known to gardai, he deserves to get pumped full of bullets and blasted to death. How this affects his family friends kids, they dont care as long as its not one of their own.

Only when one of the upper classes like Veronica Guerin is killed, is action taken. This country acts like she was canonised a saint, and every other murder victim was sub human who had it coming. As far as I'm concerned one life is not more valuable than another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Garda resources are a problem and thats the feelng from the guys on the ground on the beat but most importantly equipment. It's gonna be sooner rather than later that a garda in uniform gets gunned down when a round passes the 'stab' vest.

Already happened before.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0928/80852-crumlin/

http://www.herald.ie/news/motorbike-garda-is-still-off-work-two-years-after-shooting-27926609.html

Think about it.

If your grandparents on both sides had three children whom in turn had three children, you have seventeen cousins.

If you're middle aged, you could easily have 100 close, adult relatives (up to the level of first cousin once-removed) with their own families.

Not to mention friends and close acquaintances, and their families.

It's unreasonable to expect all of these people to undergo such an upheaval when they have work, children in school, and mortgages to pay, simply because some gang of thugs feels itself beyond reproach.

Blame lies with the gang itself.

Relatives of criminals do not deserve to be shot, they cannot be criticised for trying to get on with their lives. If it wasn't this guy today, it would be another friend, sibling or cousin. There must be hundreds to choose from. They can't all drop everything and go.

Think about it.

If your grandparents on both sides had three children, you have seventeen cousins.

If you're middle aged, you could easily have 100 close, adult relatives (up to the level of first cousin once-removed) with their own families.

Not to mention friends and close acquaintances, and their families.

It's unreasonable to expect all of these people to undergo such an upheaval when they have work, children in school, and mortgages to pay, simply because some gang of thugs feels itself beyond reproach.

Blame lies with the gang itself.

Relatives of criminals do not deserve to be shot, they cannot be criticised for trying to get on with their lives. If it wasn't this guy today, it would be another friend, sibling or cousin. There are probably hundreds to choose from.

I get your point but its not grannys or aunties getting murdered here,im sure they could wipe out women and children if they wanted,they have targeted suspected members of the gang who assisted the hotel job,that chap today knew he was in serious danger he was onto the council yesterday,well yesterday was too late this is going on months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

7 murders in Dublin in this feud now since February. This is seriously out of control now.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    7 murders in Dublin in this feud now since February. This is seriously out of control now.

Overall though the murder rate for a country our size isn't that much, Its just most have been high profiled murders

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭Old Bill

I can't undestand why they don't put the army on the streets ? its not like they have anything else to do.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Someones been arrested over Eddie Hutch. In their 40's though so unlikley it's one of the principle people involved I would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

It's all so one sided its strange!
    Surely these guys in the Hutch crew are going to retaliate or atleast try when they do not have much else to live for?
    Prison or death around the corner so surely they will attempt a big one?

It's all so one sided its strange!
    Surely these guys in the Hutch crew are going to retaliate or atleast try when they do not have much else to live for?
    Prison or death around the corner so surely they will attempt a big one?

They cant hit anyone,the boys they want are untouchable they aint sitting around flat complexes waiting to be murdered,they are in spain dubai and god knows where else calling the shots to the runners doing the hits.

Someones been arrested over Eddie Hutch. In their 40's though so unlikley it's one of the principle people involved I would imagine.

And hes being detained at mountjoy garda station, not a million miles away from this mornings shooting. Most likely nothing will come of it I think a few people have been arrested in connection with it now. Hopefully these arrests and searches will lead to a charge later on in the year.

They cant hit anyone,the boys they want are untouchable they aint sitting around flat complexes waiting to be murdered,they are in spain dubai and god knows where else calling the shots to the runners doing the hits.

Of course they can hit someone, just nobody of importance I still dont know why they haven't killed any of Kinahans guns for hire or some low level associate just to try and even out the score a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

Muahahaha wrote: »

It is an absolute disgrace made even worse when our Taoiseach stand up in the Dail and says there is nothing he can do about a feud between two family's. Does the man even have the mildest grasp of what is going on and the implications of him stating in public that he can not even aspire to have control over it. You couldn't make this up, he should be made to live in there for a month on his own, sure he could walk to work from there.

I hope the international media broadcast that statement by him, if tourism is hit and there is a loss to the exchequer they will care more about that than the loss of lives.

• Advertisement

Of course they can hit someone, just nobody of importance I still dont know why they haven't killed any of Kinahans guns for hire or some low level associate just to try and even out the score a little.

Thats what I thought. If you are to believe reports the Kinahans are moving freely and going about their business as usual.. maybe the Hutch's were just waiting for things to die down but little chance of that it seems the Costa lot wont be happy until there isn't a single one left by looks of things... Hutch might be better off trying to fight fire with fire and get a high profile target of their own...

Thats what I thought. If you are to believe reports the Kinahans are moving freely and going about their business as usual.. maybe the Hutch's were just waiting for things to die down but little chance of that it seems the Costa lot wont be happy until there isn't a single one left by looks of things... Hutch might be better off trying to fight fire with fire and get a high profile target of their own...

Exactly thats why I thought Murtagh was back in the country maybe he came back cause something was being planned and they needed him for something.
    Its better than go down swinging than not fighting back at all, I'm amazed its being this one sided.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭Old Bill

Rebelkid wrote: »
    ERU are one of the Best armed teams in Europe in terms of operational experience, training, selection etc.. So don't be calling them useless when the real issue is there is not enough of them!

Lol those clowns couldn't fight sleep.

The the mere sight of a gun and the gardas will sue the state for compensation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

They cant hit anyone,the boys they want are untouchable they aint sitting around flat complexes waiting to be murdered,they are in spain dubai and god knows where else calling the shots to the runners doing the hits.[/quote]

What I'm told is different, that there is plenty of names from the kinihan kartle roaming freely around Dublin..
    Fat fella is constantly in the independent about Dublin!

They wouldnt blow the fluff off a cappuchino the hotel job proved it,a gang of them with ak's and they managed to murder one target,they have done nothing since or even attempted it,I would bet good money they will be all wiped out with zero loss to the Kinahan faction.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement