Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Gamebred wrote: »
    They wouldnt blow the fluff off a cappuchino the hotel job proved it,a gang of them with ak's and they managed to murder one target,they have done nothing since or even attempted it,I would bet good money they will be all wiped out with zero loss to the Kinahan faction.

Although there is only one side winning this hands down, I would say they will manage one or two strikes before its all over, But yeah one faction by the looks of things will be wiped out and there will be limited damage done to the K camp. Its handy for a big money man like Gerry cause he can run like a coward and hide in a villa somewhere, while the small fish are left back here getting taking out one by one. I'd have to say if I was in the Hutch camp I'd be very disapointed with Gerry running leaving the rest behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

They wouldnt blow the fluff off a cappuchino the hotel job proved it,a gang of them with ak's and they managed to murder one target,they have done nothing since or even attempted it,I would bet good money they will be all wiped out with zero loss to the Kinahan faction.

It certainly is panning out that way. Looks like the Kinahan gang have the connections and contacts also to get things done fast and efficiently. The Hutch crowd can't it seems and they can't do it themselves as they are all under the watch of the Gardai

tomofson wrote: »
    I'd have to say if I was in the Hutch camp I'd be very disapointed with Gerry running leaving the rest behind.

An excellent point. Gareth who was shot this morning was looking for a change of address from the council so he obviously didn't have the direct means himself to get out of harms way. Look's like Gerry is distancing himself from the whole scenario which begs the question is he washing his hands of them all... Either way you'd think he would throw a few bob around and keep them safe and maybe attempt some peace deal with the K gang but then again I wouldn't think he would have the leverage behind him for that tactic to work... either way his side seem ****ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Of course they can hit someone, just nobody of importance I still dont know why they haven't killed any of Kinahans guns for hire or some low level associate just to try and even out the score a little.
    Strumms wrote: »
    Thats what I thought. If you are to believe reports the Kinahans are moving freely and going about their business as usual.. maybe the Hutch's were just waiting for things to die down but little chance of that it seems the Costa lot wont be happy until there isn't a single one left by looks of things... Hutch might be better off trying to fight fire with fire and get a high profile target of their own...

As far as i know all the targets with the exception of martin o Rourke have been directly or indirectly involved in some way with the gunattack, logistics or transport in the attack on the regency hotel.

If the monks want to start taking out easy targets belonging to the costas I am quite sure the same can be done to them. They know that and the costas know that.

You will note that Eddie hutch and Noel Duggan are now not down as innocent victims in the media .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

A gang of them with AK's as you say, but they were not there to just kill randomly, they had targets. Don't see how that is evidence they wouldn't blow fluff off a cappuchino, prefer it to be that way then them just going in with their machine guns blasting at anything that moved and massacring a load of innocent people anyway.

They are overmatched for sure against the Kinahans, but it seems they were backed into a corner and were going to be squeezed into oblivion anyway if they didn't try strike back.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

I kinda agree. That's why I find all this talk about the "Hutch Army" or "Hutch Faction" so funny. For some people I think this just replaces the gap left by Love/Hate in their lives. Not that I believe tabloids (Although Mick from the Star, is probably a level above Sleeping Cusack, Williams and Tallant) but the Star has reported that the Monk has left for good, and with all thats happened the past few weeks, it certainly doesn't sound implausible.

As far as i know all the targets with the exception of martin o Rourke have been directly or indirectly involved in some way with the gunattack, logistics or transport in the attack on the regency hotel.

If the monks want to start taking out easy targets belonging to the costas I am quite sure the same can be done to them. They know that and the costas know that.

You will note that Eddie hutch and Noel Duggan are now not down as innocent victims in the media .

Eddie Hutch is still referred to as innocent.

and surely the Hutch crowd could take out a hitman or two on their rival side I dont think anyone would argue that they are not legitimate targets.

what role is Noel Duggan suspected of having in the regency attacks ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Something to do with the transport, or something....I dunno, I haven't actually followed to closely I literally started posting before thinking......ok Im done

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Trying to get the backing of major republicans in the north to take the side of the monks, they told him to feck of and take the Dublin ra with him, and I wouldent be surprised if they then then shoped him to the costas.

It was in the media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They are looking for information on the movements of a 5 series BMW registration number 02D39051 yet the car they actually took away on the back of a truck is a 7 Series BMW with that registration and when you check that registration on Cartell it is a 7 Series, if the Garda Press office don't now how to identify a model of car they shouldn't be in their job, #BasicKnowledgeWouldHelp

https://www.cartell.ie/ssl/servlet/beginStarLookup?registration=02+D+39051
    Two handguns were recovered from the scene and gardaí say they are interested in the movements of a black 5 Series BMW registration 02 D 39051.
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0524/790549-dublin-firearms/

Spekaing at a media briefing at Mountjoy Garda Station, Superintendent Daniel Flavin said gardai are interested in the movement of a black 5 Series BMW.

"We're interested in the movement of a black 5 Series BMW. The registration is 02-D-39051. We’re interested in its movements not alone this morning but in the days leading up to this.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/gardai-carry-out-house-raid-just-hours-after-murder-of-the-monk-nephew-gareth-hutch-34742466.html

Trying to get the backing of major republicans in the north to take the side of the monks, they told him to feck of and take the Dublin ra with him,and wouldent be surprised if they then then shoped him to the costas.

So with that said there is limited chance of retaliation in relation to the Barr killing. So Hutch crew are more or less on their own as no other faction paramilitary or not would back them against the Kinahans. There is a few people in Ireland at loggerheads with the Kinahans why dont they all try to unite to form one crew and then try take them on when they are a bit more powerful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

So with that said there is limited chance of retaliation in relation to the Barr killing. So Hutch crew are more or less on their own as no other faction paramilitary or not would back them against the Kinahans. There is a few people in Ireland at loggerheads with the Kinahans why dont they all try to unite to form one crew and then try take them on when they are a bit more powerful.

Your missing the point here, the Kinahan "war in Dublin" is being monitored closely by major international drug cartels, they can't look like pussy's, they have decided to eliminate the hutch gang to possibly fend off another international gang, pointing and laughing at them and taking them on. Don't forget the Kinahans get their drugs from the Sinaloa cartel.

For them now it's a process of ellimination, look like chumps or kill the enemy, the problem I see is an escalation to ruthless, brutality which sucks in multiple innocent victims, which is the norm in Mexico and in other parts of the world.

Your missing the point here, the Kinahan "war in Dublin" is being monitored closely by major international drug cartels, they can't look like pussy's, they have decided to eliminate the hutch gang to possibly fend off another international gang, pointing and laughing at them and taking them on. Don't forget the Kinahans get their drugs from the Sinaloa cartel.

For them now it's a process of ellimination, look like chumps or kill the enemy, the problem I see is an escalation to ruthless, brutality which sucks in multiple innocent victims, which is the norm in Mexico and in other parts of the world.

I understand all that and I have thought of that to, but the serious money men in the drugs game may respect a bit of restraint shown so less police heat is on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Just a random q,The way us and the media are claiming the ''kinahan'' gang are behind this and the other murders,are they not in a position to sue media orgs for dragging their name through the dirt considering they have no murder convictions or anything like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Just a random q,The way us and the media are claiming the ''kinahan'' gang are behind this and the other murders,are they not in a position to sue media orgs for dragging their name through the dirt considering they have no murder convictions or anything like it.

I think they have other things on their mind, and probably don't need the money. ;)

Allyall wrote: »
    I think they have other things on their mind, and probably don't need the money. ;)

Thats true,just wonder how the user of their name in connection to these murders without evidence would go down in a libel case.

I understand all that and I have thought of that to, but the serious money men in the drugs game may respect a bit of restraint shown so less police heat is on them.

Not a hope, police are paid off, even in this country. They have the run of the place. It's like when the general was murdered, total surveillance. Then none.....

They know, and so does the Directorate of Military Intelligence ("G2").

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Unless there is something to the rumours of the Scottish gang and George Mitchell also being involved.

• Advertisement

bajer101 wrote: »
    Unless there is something to the rumours of the Scottish gang and George Mitchell also being involved.

The fúcking penguin? I thought he gave up crime?

bajer101 wrote: »

I think penguin is in bed with the Kinahans, Yeah I'd say Hutches are pretty much on their own even those who where beefin with the Kinahans will be wanting to get back in their good books ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I'd say this feud is more personal to the Byrnes and the Crumlin crew then the Kinahans... I think dk would have been the lesser target at the regency

I'd say this feud is more personal to the Byrnes and the Crumlin crew then the Kinahans... I think dk would have been the lesser target at the regency

What Crumlin crew? all I can see is northside against southside in the past killing each other to control drugs in Ireland. The Crumlin crew have split between the Hutch and Kinahans, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

I think the hutches underestimated how powerful and ruthless the cartel are

The cartel are literally destroying this family
    Brother , 2 nephews , best friend
    A
    Everyone on about the monk has so much money but how could he possibly still have money left - I know everyone says he doesn't drink or smoke etc but I'm sure he enjoys other expensive stuff in life

It's crazy really watching this unfold
    I just hope people arent being killed because of their surname

I think the hutches underestimated how powerful and ruthless the cartel are

The cartel are literally destroying this family
    Brother , 2 nephews , best friend
    A
    Everyone on about the monk has so much money but how could he possibly still have money left - I know everyone says he doesn't drink or smoke etc but I'm sure he enjoys other expensive stuff in life

It's crazy really watching this unfold

Unfortunately, I think the ruthless brutality is yet to come.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

I believe that is exactly what is happening.

It looks like an attempt to demonstrate to all future challengers that if you attack the Cartel you lose your entire family.

They are learning from more ruthless masters.

scopper wrote: »
    I believe that is exactly what is happening.

It looks like an attempt to demonstrate to all future challengers that if you attack the Cartel you lose your entire family.

They are learning from more ruthless masters.

Who was killed because of their surname?

Those murdered are suspected of involvement in the regency hotel job it appears,I have certain sympathy for family members but no angels have been killed in this,martin o rourke aside.

Who was killed because of their surname?

Those murdered are suspected of involvement in the regency hotel job it appears,I have certain sympathy for family members but no angels have been killed in this,martin o rourke aside.

Who said they had to be angels?

Who was killed because of their surname.

Pick a planet any planet, go on pick one, you can live on it, I swear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Army ranger snipers posted on every rooftop in the area and armed undercover walking around the streets given a shoot to kill order

Like in south America this is too much for the ordinary police force to handle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

It is an absolute disgrace made even worse when our Taoiseach stand up in the Dail and says there is nothing he can do about a feud between two family's. Does the man even have the mildest grasp of what is going on and the implications of him stating in public that he can not even aspire to have control over it. You couldn't make this up, he should be made to live in there for a month on his own, sure he could walk to work from there.

I hope the international media broadcast that statement by him, if tourism is hit and there is a loss to the exchequer they will care more about that than the loss of lives.

A ridiculous thing for him to say, quite an eejit he is. Goes to show how little he and the political class give a toss about what's going on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Father and son who've been in custody for a week due in court on unrelated charges within the hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

A ridiculous thing for him to say, quite an eejit he is. Goes to show how little he and the political class give a toss about what's going on

It's up to the gards to stop this not enda Kenny.

People really need to stop blaming our government on every single thing in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

JustTheOne wrote: »
    It's up to the gards to stop this not the enda Kenny.

People really need to stop blaming our government on every single thing in this country.

I get its the guards job, but if there is apathy at a political level, that is going to filter down

I think penguin is in bed with the Kinahans, Yeah I'd say Hutches are pretty much on their own even those who where beefin with the Kinahans will be wanting to get back in their good books ASAP.

It was reported a couple of months ago that Gerry had a meeting with him and then another paper reported that he was in touch with the Kinahans asking not to be involved. But who knows if either of those reports had any truth to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

That is beyond ridiculous.
    Our Taoiseach saying he can't stop them.......

So, is our best bet to follow Kinahan law? As they are obviously the more powerful.

Or whoever 'controls' the Gardaí.

Father and son who've been in custody for a week due in court on unrelated charges within the hour.

This could be very embarrassing. Watch as certain politicians start distancing themselves and playing down their association.

Pick a planet any planet, go on pick one, you can live on it, I swear?

Name one innocent person killed in this fued because of their surname alone please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The state comes across as desperately weak in all of this

Or worse

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Or worse
    Complicit?

• Advertisement

Name one innocent person killed in this fued because of their surname alone please.

Why are you reading innocent into this? Nobody mentioned that. That is your own assumption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Or worse

Historically politicians and gardai have never gotten too worked up about the goings on of drug gangs

Why are you reading innocent into this? Nobody mentioned that. That is your own assumption.

You said you believed people are now being killed because of their surname,

Absolute rubbish please let us know who was killed because they have a certain surname.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

They are looking for information on the movements of a 5 series BMW registration number 02D39051 yet the car they actually took away on the back of a truck is a 7 Series BMW with that registration and when you check that registration on Cartell it is a 7 Series, if the Garda Press office don't now how to identify a model of car they shouldn't be in their job, #BasicKnowledgeWouldHelp

https://www.cartell.ie/ssl/servlet/beginStarLookup?registration=02+D+39051

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0524/790549-dublin-firearms/

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/gardai-carry-out-house-raid-just-hours-after-murder-of-the-monk-nephew-gareth-hutch-34742466.html

How do you know the car they took away was a 7 series?

You said you believed people are now being killed because of their surname,

Absolute rubbish please let us know who was killed because they have a certain surname.

Yes, but who claimed anything about targeting innocents? They are targeting Hutches (obviously) who are known to be involved in all of this. This is not rocket-science. Just look at the list of the murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Why does human life mean so little to these people. They're not human in my eyes.

Following this afternoons raid a man has handed himself into the Gardai!!

Yes, but who claimed anything about targeting innocents? They are targeting Hutches (obviously) who are known to be involved in all of this. This is not rocket-science. Just look at the list of the murdered.

No they are not shooting people because their name is hutch,they are shooting people believed to have taken part in the regency hotel murder directly or indirectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Or worse

It's ridiculous to think the leader of a country is responsible for crime in the country.

Just think about it, the world over, there is murder crime rape etc.

So the leader of all these countries is to blame for it all.

Absolutely silly argument.

Sure there is no gangland crime according to a leader of a certain party.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭Benevolent Misanthrope

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Sure there is no gangland crime according to a leader of a certain party.
    Yeah, sure what do we need the Special Criminal Court for? Aren't they trying to scrap it for some reason?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement