Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Not to speculate too much but I dont think the said Gentleman will be with us much longer,a dead man walking as the saying goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

time to fight fire with fire........ A secret task force should be set up, with the single aim of wiping this scum gang members off the face of the earth, they should have free rein to quietly go around knocking all gang members off, jailing these bastards does not seem to solve the problem.. Anybody involved in gangland activities should be fair game, if they don't like it, then do not get involved in it....

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    time to fight fire with fire........ A secret task force should be set up, with the single aim of wiping this scum gang members off the face of the earth, they should have free rein to quietly go around knocking all gang members off, jailing these bastards does not seem to solve the problem.. Anybody involved in gangland activities should be fair game, if they don't like it, then do not get involved in it....

More fantasy island stuff,Id be in the airport moving out of this country tomorrow if some of the people posting ideas on here were put in charge of the gardai,killing people suspected of being gang member ffs lets bring the death penalty back too while were at it and kill a few more innocent people.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Gas reading all the gamer nerds here thinking they are serious police tactics experts because they spent half their lives playing Call of Duty and Air Soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Gamebred wrote: »
    More fantasy island stuff,Id be in the airport moving out of this country tomorrow if some of the people posting ideas on here were put in charge of the gardai,killing people suspected of being gang member ffs lets bring the death penalty back too while were at it and kill a few more innocent people.

No, you wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

That sounds like the start of the A Team :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

What happened to these armed guards ? Were they in Dunkin Donuts when the shots rang out ?

http://ie.newsreportr.com/armed-gardai-on-alert-as-kinahan-mob-fly-in-for-boxing-events-herald-ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

And if a member of the ERU popped the two goons on their way into the hotel there would be public outcry rather than a televised medal ceremony .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

bajer101 wrote: »
    It was a job done by professionals and planned by a very clever fella.

Here's a true story about the same clever fella. He was out one night driving one of his taxis for the craic and he dropped off couple of lads at a halting site in Coolock. The lads did a runner.

The Gardai have a bit of trouble going into this halting site. It usually takes a a lot of planning and major support if they need to to do a raid. But the very next morning a JCB trundled up the N32 and turned into the halting estate and proceeded to plough through walls and every other structure in its path doing tens of thousands worth of damage. Lads came pouring out of the caravans with guns and surrounded the JCB. The legend goes, that the man himself stepped out of the JCB alone. The boss man on the site ran out and saw who it was and asked what the problem was. The Monk said that a couple of lads had done a runner from his taxi. The boss man put his hand in his pocket and peeled off a few hundred euro and handed it over and apologised.

Never saw that Steven Seagal movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Tilly wrote: »
    That sounds like the start of the A Team :D

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

And if a member of the ERU popped the two goons on their way into the hotel there would be public outcry rather than a televised medal ceremony .

You believe too much of the right wing moaning about "bleeding heart liberal agendas (or whatever their current catchphrase is)" if you think that's true. If the Guards killed a couple of guys about to use high powered assault rifles I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people would have no issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Collie D wrote: »
    You believe too much of the right wing moaning about "bleeding heart liberal agendas (or whatever their current catchphrase is)" if you think that's true. If the Guards killed a couple of guys about to use high powered assault rifles I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people would have no issue.

Ya but theres always that small vocal group

remember when two armed post office robbers were shot during a robbery in lusk years ago and the gardai who did it were dragged through the courts for years afterwards ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

mynamejeff wrote: »

remember when two armed post office robbers were shot during a robbery in lusk years ago and the gardai who did it were dragged through the courts for years afterwards ?

This exactly.

Even now in the UK firearms officers are afraid to shoot for fear of being tried for murder. Alot of them are leaving and going back to patrol cars.

There is far to much right wing outcry here and in the UK. A more left wing approach would sort alot of social issues out across the board.

Were they? Genuine question. Don't ever remember hearing that. I remember the incident all right.

Off topic but Googled it there to refresh memory and it's mentioned on Lusk's Wikipedia page..found that a bit odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

And you're on another thread lambasting them for dealing too roughly with a riot today.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

Gamebred wrote:
    Not to speculate too much but I dont think the said Gentleman will be with us much longer,a dead man walking as the saying goes.
    Thanks for not speculating too much........

And you're on another thread lambasting them for dealing too roughly with a riot today.:rolleyes:

Big difference between hitting a cameraman and taking down two guns with machine guys. Would you not agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Two completely different situations and threads. Has nothing to do with this discussion.

Were they? Genuine question. Don't ever remember hearing that. I remember the incident all right.

Off topic but Googled it there to refresh memory and it's mentioned on Lusk's Wikipedia page..found that a bit odd.

Amnesty International, GSOC as well as a criminal case and a corners court all got to question the clearly justified actions.

as well as an attempt by the family's of the thieves to sue in the civil courts.

in this case scum on scum hit just a shame that normal people had to be there to see the blood

Also i guess not a lot happens in Lusk usually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod:

As said by others, these are two completely different situations. Don't derail.

• Advertisement

Amnesty International, GSOC as well as a criminal case and a corners court all got to question the clearly justified actions.

as well as an attempt by the family's of the thieves to sue in the civil courts.

in this case scum on scum hit just a shame that normal people had to be there to see the blood

Also i guess not a lot happens in Lusk usually

Ah, OK. The GSOC investigation and coroner's court would be standard and rightly so. The civil case is a bit of a pisstake though...assume it was thrown out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,199 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

yeah what about them? dragging them through the courts was a necessary evil. they have to justify their use of force and the other side has to justify why the force wasn't necessary. thats how it should be. it protects the officers and it protects us

and the actions were found justified weren't they? so whats your problem? i see no issue here.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

yeah what about them? dragging them through the courts was a necessary evil. they have to justify their use of force and the other side has to justify why the force wasn't necessary. thats how it should be. it protects the officers and it protects us

and the actions were found justified weren't they? so whats your problem? i see no issue here.

sorry eotr i dont talk to trolls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Just kill everybody. Sure, most people are innocent of any wrong doing, but the bad guys will be done away with too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I say we take off and nuke the entire country from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

All joking aside: you have a hit on you. The cops told you. Do they actually protect you? And if so, in what way?

A heads up or they actually mark you with your consent? I don't get what happens when the guards tell you there's a hit on you?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

3 999 calls went unanswered. What a disgrace. What an embarrassment. You'd almost think they didn't want to know about it.

What a country. The hotel manager eventually called the personal phone of a detective friend to raise the alert. Lol. Almost proves the old adage about ireland -it's who you know that will get you by.

I'm sure heads will roll now. GSOC will investigate. Will they ****! They are you busy reading your personal mails!

What a joke!

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/rampage-three-999-calls-unanswered-as-gunmen-launched-shooting-spree-34430021.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

leavingirl wrote: »
    3 999 calls went unanswered. What a disgrace. What an embarrassment. You'd almost think they didn't want to know about it.

What a country. The hotel manager eventually called the personal phone of a detective friend to raise the alert. Lol. Almost proves the old adage about ireland -it's who you know that will get you by.

I'm sure heads will roll now. GSOC will investigate. Will they ****! They are you busy reading your personal mails!

What a joke!

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/rampage-three-999-calls-unanswered-as-gunmen-launched-shooting-spree-34430021.html

I'd say there is more to that story like phone signal or something else maybe.

Dialing 999 will always get you through to someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

What a joke!

that story is a joke. a non story.

The hotel manager didn't get through. Given there were 300 or so in attendance it's not unreasonable to assume others were clogging the phone lines reporting the same incident.
    Can the hotel manager prove his call to his pal was the one that got the gardai there ...no .
    it's a non story - the ambulance and gardai were there very quickly by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

What a joke!

The irony here is that a garda station right across the road from the Regency was closed down due to cutbacks.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

What a joke!

Around four minutes after his phone call, the first fire brigade arrived at the scene, followed by an ambulance and then the gardai arrived.

Sounds like a good response to me. There were probably hundreds of simultaneous 999/112 calls going out. Your man who runs the hotel is probably in a bit of shock.

JRant wrote: »
    The irony here is that a garda station right across the road from the Regency was closed down due to cutbacks.

Whats ironic about that?

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Whats ironic about that?

Have a guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They have photos of two of the gunmen unmasked leaving the hotel

It's the little things that trip you up

Have a guess.

You need to look up the definition of irony.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    You need to look up the definition of irony.

No I don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

sorry eotr i dont talk to trolls

Mod:

Don't accuse other posters of trolling. If you have a problem with a post, use the report function.

No I don't.

A garda station closing because of cutbacks and then a crime taking place nearby isn't ironic.

Irony would be if it closed because they thought there would be no crime in the area anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Maybe there is no feud, maybe all these killings are being preformed by some secret vigilante force and blamed on rival gangs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

They have photos of two of the gunmen unmasked leaving the hotel

It's the little things that trip you up
    Have you seen them? If so, can you post a link please?

Have you seen them? If so, can you post a link please?

front page of sunday world, print edition anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

It's on the Sunday World Facebook page, pixelated

arayess wrote: »
    front page of sunday world, print edition anyway
    That's some twist in the plot, usually these hitmen just melt away anonymously but the instigators are known.
    Dublin is a small town, someone will recognise them.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/dramatic-picture-dublin-boxing-weigh-7325721

Theres the pictures there,already indentified Id say enjoy the life sentence lads.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/dramatic-picture-dublin-boxing-weigh-7325721

Theres the pictures there,already indentified Id say enjoy the life sentence lads.
    I doubt they'll get to serve them!
    All the planning, wigs, costumes, secrecy. And for what? Their pictures are up on the front cover of a national newspaper ffs.
    Two more dead men walking I reckon.

• Advertisement

I doubt they'll get to serve them!
    All the planning, wigs, costumes, secrecy. And for what? Their pictures are up on the front cover of a national newspaper ffs.
    Two more dead men walking I reckon.

Yeah they would be better of getting brought into custody asap for their own safety,

Presume a member of the public took these pics? If I seen men with guns near me I sure as hell wouldnt be taking pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Why are their faces pixilated?

Why are their faces pixilated?

the articles basically accuse them of being involved. That has yet to be proven.
    If they showed their faces they'd be libeling them
    also probably they could be in trouble for preventing the lads getting a fair trial.

until we see the real photos I don't think we can say they'll be easily identifiable. The "woman" by all account was heavily made up and we don't know if the other lad had a disguise on.
    I'm guessing he would have or there would be 300 or so eyes witness to point the finger which they would have anticipated in their planning.

arayess wrote: »
    the articles bascially accuse them of being involved. That has yet to be proven.
    If they showed their faces they'd be libelling them
    also probably they could be in trouble for preventing the lads getting a fair trial.

until we see the real photos I don't think we can say they'll be easily identifiable. The "woman" by all account was heavily made up and we don't know if the other lad had a disguise on.
    I'm guessing he would have or there would be 300 or so eyes witness to point the finger which they would have anticipated in their planning.

The police probably have a strong suspicion of who was involved in the shooting I'd hazard a guess and say the faces will be recognizable to them,even the body type of the guy on the right,all he has is a cap on it appears so he should be handy enough to identify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

The person who took that picture might soon be regretting taking it when they are asked to give evidence in the court case.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement