Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭Benevolent Misanthrope

Gamebred wrote: »
    He gets linked to the regency and all of a sudden someone comes forward from a year and a half previous to give a statement hmmm sounds fishy to me.
    People see what they want to see. I'd need rather more than that to suspect something odd going on, especially a 'smear campaign'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

What do people think Enda should do?

Well currently he is parading at Golf events to claim some of the glory from the winner. I'd rather he be seen to be doing something, albeit from an emergency perspective, to send a message that all involved will be hunted down equally and brought to justice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

People see what they want to see. I'd need rather more than that to suspect something odd going on, especially a 'smear campaign'.

Not saying theres 100% no case or anything just doesnt seem the norm to charge him out of the blue while all this is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

The man who handed himself in is possibly involved seen as the arrest in connection with the murder falls undersection 50

50.— (1) This section applies to—

(a) murder involving the use of a firearm or an explosive,

(b) murder to which section 3 of the Criminal Justice Act 1990 applies,

(c) an offence under section 15 of the Act of 1925, or

(d) an offence under section 15 of the Non-Fatal Offences against the Person Act 1997 involving the use of a firearm.

Not to clear his name or something to do with the house raid it appears.

Do we know which side he was on? Did he live in the house that was raided?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

arayess wrote: »

Just following the dots, he likes cars and bikes maybe got stung and if he brings guns to the party makes him look a bit tasty, the dates seem to work.

http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=218708

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

septictank wrote: »
    Just following the dots, he likes cars and bikes maybe got stung and if he brings guns to the party makes him look a bit tasty, the dates seem to work.

http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=218708

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=212963425437996&story_fbid=773119152755751

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

bajer101 wrote: »
    Just about to post that ! Seems some scammer messed with the wrong people. Bit odd though would a scammer actually use their real name?

This thread is about to get a new lease of life as soon as the Shinnerbots get their instructions.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-e17gg-GYy2M/V0H1AO_WmGI/AAAAAAAADq8/x3HPoa8oG7kbGJuyz9XdXmqOTsmU-I6hACLcB/s1600/Johnathan-Dowdall-Sinn-Fein.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Well.
    They couldn't get them for the regency so they had to find something else. Interesting to see what they'll do with the other guy in custody who has to be released or charged tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

.. I think dk would have been the lesser target at the regency

As far as I can make out which is admittedly based on this thread and the press is that he was def number one target!

JustTheOne wrote: »
    It's up to the gards to stop this not enda Kenny.

People really need to stop blaming our government on every single thing in this country.

Hi Enda

It was reported a couple of months ago that Gerry had a meeting with him and then another paper reported that he was in touch with the Kinahans asking not to be involved. But who knows if either of those reports had any truth to them.

How would anyone know about who was in touch with who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Boom_Bap wrote: »

- No Gossip
    - No Speculation
    - No Gossip

Sorry, has someone forgotten the purpose of the After Hours forum?? This is not Politics or Humanities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Hi Enda

Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

How do you know the car they took away was a 7 series?

Jesus look at the photos of a BMW 7 series on a car transporter you .......

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    do you mean dowdall ? hard to keep track with all the gossip

NO, you dope Dowdoll has been in custard since Sat, keep up or stay out

arayess wrote: »

YES, he was Gerrys driver and was nabbed getting a flight to Dubai, where the main guys from the other side are based. "OH lets get a SF to do the big job", jesus take a KitKat break lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

By way, saor Sean struck again.

Bang on with the information months before it became known.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

By way, saor Sean struck again.

Bang on with the information months before it became known.

If you're referring to Dowdall, he hasn't been charged yet with anything to do with the feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Just seen he cc tv footage on twitter.

Crazy how quick it all is really

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

rafi bomb wrote: »

Do you have a link? PM it to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

As far as I can make out which is admittedly based on this thread and the press is that he was def number one target!

I was suggesting the repercussions from killing Byrne are greater than if they hit dk

Yeah amazing how quick it was over and how cowardly the 2 gunmen are.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭i8mancs

511 wrote: »
    Do you have a link? PM it to me.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

There is nothing odd about this feud.

One gang has the law in their pockets the others doesn't.

Simple as.

Like a verse from Dylan's 'Desolation Row.'
    Pure poetry.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I thought he was in a black vw?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

It's on Nicola Tallant's Twitter page

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

What is the point in putting this footage into the public domain? this is someone being murdered, not a bloody video game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Just a note, we definitely don't do snuff films here. Don't post any links to that please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

So this dowdall character is being charged with conspiracy to kidnap a guy who's name has been linked to various attempts at motor fraud? Interesting.

Years ago, a guy I knew that you would have called an "active republican" back then, he had a relative whos house was robbed by local scummers. Gardai had no interest in helping as his family were "political" so this lad went after the shams himself demanding that stolen items be returned. Soon as he did the gardai had him up on extortion charges, taking statements from the shams that made it sound like they were choir boys who were being leaned on.

The more things change it seems :D

• Advertisement

Yeah amazing how quick it was over and how cowardly the 2 gunmen are.

WTF are you talking about how cowardly the gunmen are? I am not condoning the murder in any way, but what were you expecting them to do? Challenge him to a duel? If you are going to to perform a gangland hit, you do it quick and then get out.

WTF are you talking about how cowardly the gunmen are? I am not condoning the murder in any way, but what were you expecting them to do? Challenge him to a duel? If you are going to to perform a gangland hit, you do it quick and then get out.

He's right, they are cowards full stop no arguments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

no sign of ross chasing after the assasins in that video as was reported earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

no sign of ross chasing after the assasins in that video as was reported earlier

He may have been in the car or came just after they ran off.

It's seems mental (to me) how calm he seems to be walking and going about his business. He only seems to look behind himself once, and even takes his jacket off before planning on getting into the car.

R.I.P.
    Sad all round. :(

shane. wrote: »
    He's right, they are cowards full stop no arguments

Alright then, stick a post up on the net using your real name and challenge any one of them from either side to a fair fist fight ad show how brave you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

disgraceful showing the murder on twitter,complete lack of respect for the victims family

2 of the most cowardly scumbags to walk the streets tis easy shooting an unarmed man from behind like shooting fish in a barrel,none of these scumbags would last a week on top of their drugs empires without high powered arsenal thats for sure,little skinny scrotes.

Alright then, stick a post up on the net using your real name and challenge any one of them from either side to a fair fist fight ad show how brave you are.

That is my real name u fool!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

That looks like the official complex cctv. Who got to it before the Garda ? Who would get a chance to copy and upload before Garda wanted it. Did a Guard leak it to the media ?

• Advertisement

How is that even similar?
    Two guys hiding somewhere with guns, in a lane/bush/behind a wall, and waiting for someone to pass by. Then running up behind him and shooting him in between cars, without barely stopping.

You think that's not cowardice?
    It's not quite the same as challenging someone to a fist fight.

2 of the most cowardly scumbags to walk the streets tis easy shooting an unarmed man from behind like shooting fish in a barrel,none of these scumbags would last a week on top of their drugs empires without high powered arsenal thats for sure,little skinny scrotes.

I'm not defending these guys in any way, but I just don't get how you are calling them cowardly. Why do you assert that Gareth wasn't armed? They undertook a dangerous hit in a heavily policed area, 200m from an armed checkpoint.

I also don't understand your second point about them not lasting a week. They have lasted a lot longer than a week. Anyway, this is getting into territory where I will just get snippy and end up getting banned. Good night.

That would be my guess,considering they are suspected by many including myself of collusion it wouldnt surprise me if a Guard took a few quid from a journalist for the video,before the garda sympathisers gets onto me I know not every garda is like that.

chillin117 wrote: »
    That looks like the official complex cctv. Who got to it before the Garda ? Who would get a chance to copy and upload before Garda wanted it. Did a Guard leak it to the media ?

It may not be a bad thing. As bad as it is to watch, It may sink home to a few others, that they must literally be aware of their surroundings at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

chillin117 wrote: »

From what I have heard it wasn't a garda leak as such more they recorded it and sent to a friend and it escalated from there

From what I have heard it wasn't a garda leak as such more they recorded it and sent to a friend and it escalated from there
    Send to a friend ? Its hardly a postcard from Courtown is it ? Wonder what newspaper the friend works at ?

• Advertisement

who recorded it and sent it? if you mean a garda sent it to a friend well then its a clear leak,

on the video its got me thinking if he didnt take his jacket off and stick it in the back maybe he would've been reversed an nearly got out the carpark or am I clutching at straws? seems like they ran out expecting him to be nearly moving in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Where can I see the cctv can someone please PM me

Seen it, quality is very poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

id say they were probably planning on getting him through the window just after he sat in,the fact that he stalled to put the jacket in the back made it a bit easier for the boyo's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,843 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

saw it too.... done deal and away like whippets. Could not have fired more then two shots each max in that time but job done...

tomofson wrote: »
    Where can I see the cctv can someone please PM me

Seen it, quality is very poor
    4D wide screen not available I'm afraid

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement