Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

chillin117 wrote: »
    4D wide screen not available I'm afraid

By the looks of things they wont be identifiable with that video anyways, hope the garda have better quality footage than that in their hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,846 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

bajer101 wrote: »
    I just don't get how you are calling them cowardly. Why do you assert that Gareth wasn't armed?

to sneak up on someone from behind two on one and shoot them dead before they can even see the whites of your eyes is not exactly the definition of brave.. because cops were or maybe in the area means **** all in this context considering the the whole Garda role in this whole conflict is sketchy at best ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Strumms wrote: »
    to sneak up on someone from behind two on one and shoot them dead before they can even see the whites of your eyes is not exactly the definition of brave.. because cops were or maybe in the area means **** all in this context considering the the whole Garda role in this whole conflict is sketchy at best ...

I think he is just trying to say why call one side cowards? Was the regency not cowardly also, shooting a man while he lay prone on the ground with no way of defending himself?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

tomofson wrote: »
    By the looks of things they wont be identifiable with that video anyways, hope the garda have better quality footage than that in their hands
    That is the flats complex video. If they went towards Parnell St, A few cameras there. Other end is Champions Ave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,846 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

tomofson wrote: »
    I think he is just trying to say why call one side cowards? Was the regency not cowardly also, shooting a man while he lay prone on the ground with no way of defending himself?

I didn't take that intent from his post but I am happy to acknowledge that with respect to the poster himself and I agree also... no heroes here

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

hey guys had an unexpected holiday only back now and seen the news today can one of my pals on this pm me with any info on todays events and a link to the video would be appreciated to. Didnt have time to go through everything i missed on here but seercryer please dont ever put an article up about me with a red ring around my head your like the angel of death

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

hey guys had an unexpected holiday only back now and seen the news today can one of my pals on this pm me with any info on todays events and a link to the video would be appreciated to. Didnt have time to go through everything i missed on here but seercryer please dont ever put an article up about me with a red ring around my head your like the angel of death

Where were you this morning at 10am?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Gamebred wrote: »
    who recorded it and sent it? if you mean a garda sent it to a friend well then its a clear leak,

on the video its got me thinking if he didnt take his jacket off and stick it in the back maybe he would've been reversed an nearly got out the carpark or am I clutching at straws? seems like they ran out expecting him to be nearly moving in the car.

Yea a garda and who sent to a friend and on to a friend etc. basically just gone viral now

I understand its a leak but I mean not a leak as in purposely leaked by the garda just some fecking idiot who was sent to get cctv and recorded it and sent it on for some unknown reason like a fool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,283 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

davycc wrote: »
    do you mean dowdall ? hard to keep track with all the gossip

NO, you dope Dowdoll has been in custard since Sat, keep up or stay out

In custard since Sat? :O I predict a sticky end for the poor fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

Gardaí probing link between former officer and Kinahans in indo can't link new user but have been following this thread from the start

Now this thread is been taken seriously by gardai with all major crime journalist seem to get alot of leads from here too pity it took so long

Really is unbelievable how accurate soar Sean and seerscryer(check the latter on Twitter) have been and few regular posters on this thread.

• Advertisement

rafi bomb wrote: »
    From what I have heard it wasn't a garda leak as such more they recorded it and sent to a friend and it escalated from there

It's a garda leak. You're on about the motivation, not the act.

Instant sacking offence.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Does anyone know where the checkpoint (200 metres away) was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Ohbethehokey

spurious wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the checkpoint (200 metres away) was?

200 meters from the shooting

bajer101 wrote: »
    WTF are you talking about how cowardly the gunmen are? I am not condoning the murder in any way, but what were you expecting them to do? Challenge him to a duel? If you are going to to perform a gangland hit, you do it quick and then get out.

Here we go again. You defend drug dealers who are friends of yours and now you reckon it takes brave men to point a gun at another unarmed man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

NO, you dope Dowdoll has been in custard since Sat, keep up or stay out

Garda: "Bake him away toys"

Gun left at the scene yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Gardaí probing link between former officer and Kinahans in indo can't link new user but have been following this thread from the start

Now this thread is been taken seriously by gardai with all major crime journalist seem to get alot of leads from here too pity it took so long

Really is unbelievable how accurate soar Sean and seerscryer(check the latter on Twitter) have been and few regular posters on this thread.

The gards are following this thread???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

200 meters from the shooting

And how far was the shooting from the checkpoint then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Garda: "Bake him away toys"

ASS FREEZEHOLE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

ectoraige wrote: »
    And how far was the shooting from the checkpoint then?

Nice try Guard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Nice try Guard.

Ah leave him alone, he's clearly one of the gardai that are protecting the cartels lads and doesn't want to miss out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

JustTheOne wrote: »
    The gards are following this thread???

expect a knock on the door shortly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

expect a knock on the door shortly

Haha their more than welcome. I'll even offer them tea and crumpets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭Benevolent Misanthrope

Bambi wrote: »
    So this dowdall character is being charged with conspiracy to kidnap a guy who's name has been linked to various attempts at motor fraud? Interesting.

Years ago, a guy I knew that you would have called an "active republican" back then, he had a relative whos house was robbed by local scummers. Gardai had no interest in helping as his family were "political" so this lad went after the shams himself demanding that stolen items be returned. Soon as he did the gardai had him up on extortion charges, taking statements from the shams that made it sound like they were choir boys who were being leaned on.

The more things change it seems :D
    Typical Republican attitude. The Gardaí don't investigate that stuff for anybody, but of course the Republicans, with their persecution complex, imagine that they are getting special treatment, and they are surprised when the Gardaí investigate their vigilantism. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Gamebred wrote: »
    I know its hard and probably financially difficult but why any these hutchs are still living in dublin months into this fued is baffling,Its not impossible to move offside for sometime its pure stupidity or stubborness when your life is on the line.

Think about it.

If your grandparents on both sides had three children whom in turn had three children, you have seventeen cousins.

If you're middle aged, you could easily have 100 close, adult relatives (up to the level of first cousin once-removed) with their own families.

Not to mention friends and close acquaintances, and their families.

It's unreasonable to expect all of these people to undergo such an upheaval when they have work, children in school, and mortgages to pay, simply because some gang of thugs feels itself beyond reproach.

Blame lies with the gang itself.

Relatives of criminals do not deserve to be shot, they cannot be criticised for trying to get on with their lives. If it wasn't this guy today, it would be another friend, sibling or cousin. There must be hundreds to choose from. They can't all drop everything and go.

LOL LOL LOL - so you really think these guys have jobs and mortgages to pay? Really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Contributor 2013

What I'd like to know;

Everyone seems to know who these gangs are. Everyone seems to know what they're doing (criminal activities, drugs, extortion etc).

Dublin (compared to other cities in the world with drug/crime/gang problems) is a relatively small city with a relatively small population.

How is it possible the Guards and the government have not put sufficient enforcement in place to simply stop these eejits? I'm fine with them killing each other, but when innocent by standards are hit in mistaken identity, crossfire, or family members who are on the straight and narrow (or at least seem to be) it's time to call it a day lads no?

People need to get their fingers out, well done to all the residents protesting - something needs to be done.

Looking at that CCTV clip a couple of things came to mind:

- if he was on his way to the Social Welfare office (across the road!!) why was he getting into a car? Its the north inner city - he'd hardly get parking any closer to where he was parked in the first place?
    - if he was driving because he was worried about his safety then he seemed pretty relaxed, taking off his jacket first before hopping in
    - if I was in fear of my life I'd have the car parked ready to escape - reversed in so that I could drive straight out. This guy drove the car into the parking space, in a corner making it a lot slower to escape.

You have to laugh at the guy that asked the td/council for a transfer.

Act like a thug and then run crying to the authorities and expect sympathy and a new house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

It's a garda leak. You're on about the motivation, not the act.

Instant sacking offence.

Not in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

You have to laugh at the guy that asked the td/council for a transfer.

Act like a thug and then run crying to the authorities and expect sympathy and a new house

Laugh? The man is dead, hilarious stuff!!!

• Advertisement

h2005 wrote: »
    Laugh? The man is dead, hilarious stuff!!!

Ah yeah I forgot everyome is suddenly a saint when they die.

I had a laugh at it anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I just watched the footage from CCTV on the killing, pretty shocking but what came across was the speed in which it occurred. No guard standing on a street corner is doing anything about that. Short of stopping every pedestrian to see if they're carrying a concealed weapon their presence is acting merely as a deterrent. Which wont' work either way.

I'm not the biggest fan of the guards, but I'll ask you all this question. If you're loved one was in the force would you want them interacting in this feud when the criminals have AK47's and the guards have.......its a joke.

A fundamental change needs to occur, guards are hesitant to get involved because they fear for their safety and the wider safety of their loved ones. These criminals are ruthless.

We need to contact Spain for assistance to ask how they have dealt with their drug feuds. The system is flawed, we're not fighting fire with fire.

If I was a guard, I'd be a lot happier standing to deter a water protest than being told you're going over to mountjoy square to walk around where your life is in real threat. And I'd say a lot of you would feel the same being armed with Pepper Spray against Semi Automatic weapons. Call that cowardice as you may, so be it.

I just watched the footage from CCTV on the killing, pretty shocking but what came across was the speed in which it occurred. No guard standing on a street corner is doing anything about that. Short of stopping every pedestrian to see if they're carrying a concealed weapon their presence is acting merely as a deterrent. Which wont' work either way.

I'm not the biggest fan of the guards, but I'll ask you all this question. If you're loved one was in the force would you want them interacting in this feud when the criminals have AK47's and the guards have.......its a joke.

A fundamental change needs to occur, guards are hesitant to get involved because they fear for their safety and the wider safety of their loved ones. These criminals are ruthless.

We need to contact Spain for assistance to ask how they have dealt with their drug feuds. The system is flawed, we're not fighting fire with fire.

If I was a guard, I'd be a lot happier standing to deter a water protest than being told you're going over to mountjoy square to walk around where your life is in real threat. And I'd say a lot of you would feel the same being armed with Pepper Spray against Semi Automatic weapons. Call that cowardice as you may, so be it.

send people in who are trained with high powered weapons eg the army

Can the government not enact RICO type laws for the heads of these organisations?

Or is that too wild for our government as they debate water!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Can the government not enact RICO type laws for the heads of these organisations?

Or is that too wild for our government as they debate water!

Asked that already in this thread there are anti gang laws already.

20Cent wrote: »
    Asked that already in this thread there are anti gang laws already.

Obviously not powerful enough ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Jesus look at the photos of a BMW 7 series on a car transporter you .......

There were no photos of the car in the links. And my names not Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Obviously not powerful enough ones

Not the problem
    the report shatter commissioned into policing in Ireland stopped just short of describing AGS as not being fit for purpose, I doubt they're going to be busting up international cartels in that state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

send people in who are trained with high powered weapons eg the army

They still need garda authority to fire believe it or not. The gards outrank the army in civilian matters, even gangland type stuff.

You just need more ERU and ARU personal. They have assault rifles and SMGs that go through bullet proof vests that the gangs have. No need for the army.

Jesus look at the photos of a BMW 7 series on a car transporter you .......

There were no photos of the car in the links. And my names not Jesus.

There's another thing - you plan a "hit", you get the gun, the gunman, a get away car.

You get a fast getaway car, a 5 series or 7 series BMW.

You get a 14 year old one.

One that doesn't then start when you go to escape.

Who the hell are the cartels getting to do these jobs? Its like something out of Lock Stock and 2 smoking Barrels

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

I think that twitter account is gone now, at least for me anyway. Tallant has had a busy morning so. Funny thing is I had a look at it and there was nothing really on it anyway, unless you spoke dutch for that article.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

For a man under threat of murder he took his time getting into his car and getting moving.

Did he think he was under Gardai surveillance and therefore "relatively safe"

Did he really believe that "he was 100% under threat of murder"

He did not behave like a man that expected to be murdered at any given time.

I don't suppose we will be getting truthful answers to these questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

chillin117 wrote: »
    The translation is a hoot !

Dont blame the translator you used for that.
    I try to read the original in Dutch and it makes my head explode.
    And i am Dutch.

vlinderscrime does seem well informed usually though as it comes to Dutch crime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Lol was wondering where you disappeared to thought you might have gone into hiding

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

inforfun wrote: »
    Dont blame the translator you used for that.
    I try to read the original in Dutch and it makes my head explode.
    And i am Dutch.

vlinderscrime does seem well informed usually though as it comes to Dutch crime.
    I dont get though how a Dutch crime journo could have such good sources about Irish gangland crime. Is there the audience for his followers for him to dig that deep, how could he get sources like that. Meanwhile Irish crime journos just steal stuff from this thread and print everything their Gardai pals tell them

They still need garda authority to fire believe it or not. The gards outrank the army in civilian matters, even gangland type stuff.

You just need more ERU and ARU personal. They have assault rifles and SMGs that go through bullet proof vests that the gangs have. No need for the army.

a stroke of a pen would change that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I just watched the footage from CCTV on the killing, pretty shocking but what came across was the speed in which it occurred. No guard standing on a street corner is doing anything about that.
    At the end of the day, even Gardai standing on street corners holding their own AK47s aren't going to stop this kind of stuff.

Like you say, look at the speed it occurred. Unless the guy had two bodyguards beside him 24x7, sooner or later that 10-second gap would have appeared where two scrotes run up, offload bullets into him and run.

These incidents have to be stopped well in advance. Once you have some scrote with a pistol in his hand and a promise of ten grand, it's eventually going to happen.

What surprised me about the CCTV footage was that the two guys looked like something out of Love/Hate - absolute amateur hour, nothing resembling the pseudo-professional hit on David Byrne. Some random gobsh1tes who were probably given pittance for the hit, but feel like they're Rockefeller with the cash in their hands.

In terms of Gardai in fear of their life, they don't have that much fear of doing raids tbh. These guys aren't stupid enough to get into a shoot-out with Gardai. The Guards aren't beyond dirty tactics themselves. If a Garda was to be shot during this feud, the scumbags know that there would be no end of warrantless dawn raids by men in balaclavas beating sevens shades of sh1te out of them, and Gardai shrugging their shoulders when complaints are made.
    The hard part here is not knowing who's involved; they know full well. The hard part is capturing evidence and carrying out arrests legally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Do the hutches not have the operational capacity to hit back or just don't want to? Is this just going to go on until they are all wiped out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭TheExile1878

Round up EVERY member of the extended families, relatives - friends - anyone.

Unless they can PROVE they are not involved in any criminality, they stay locked up.

The gob****es abroad - NO ENTRY.

"Gangland" me arse, they're scum. Not John bleeding Gotti.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

a stroke of a pen would change that?

There's enough "stroken " going on in this place :):)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement