Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I dont get though how a Dutch crime journo could have such good sources about Irish gangland crime. Is there the audience for his followers for him to dig that deep, how could he get sources like that. Meanwhile Irish crime journos just steal stuff from this thread and print everything their Gardai pals tell them

The piece wasnt written by a journo.

I am Dutch but my English is Shakespearian compared to the Dutch in that link.
    The Dutch language gets its ass kicked in those articles in such a way i highly doubt the writer is Dutch. (Might be a Dutch passport holder but from Turkish or Moroccan origin)
    But that aside, that website is most of the time very quick and very correct when stuff happens in the crime world in The Netherlands or related to The Netherlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

seamus wrote: »
    At the end of the day, even Gardai standing on street corners holding their own AK47s aren't going to stop this kind of stuff.

Like you say, look at the speed it occurred. Unless the guy had two bodyguards beside him 24x7, sooner or later that 10-second gap would have appeared where two scrotes run up, offload bullets into him and run.

These incidents have to be stopped well in advance. Once you have some scrote with a pistol in his hand and a promise of ten grand, it's eventually going to happen.

What surprised me about the CCTV footage was that the two guys looked like something out of Love/Hate - absolute amateur hour, nothing resembling the pseudo-professional hit on David Byrne. Some random gobsh1tes who were probably given pittance for the hit, but feel like they're Rockefeller with the cash in their hands.

In terms of Gardai in fear of their life, they don't have that much fear of doing raids tbh. These guys aren't stupid enough to get into a shoot-out with Gardai. The Guards aren't beyond dirty tactics themselves. If a Garda was to be shot during this feud, the scumbags know that there would be no end of warrantless dawn raids by men in balaclavas beating sevens shades of sh1te out of them, and Gardai shrugging their shoulders when complaints are made.
    The hard part here is not knowing who's involved; they know full well. The hard part is capturing evidence and carrying out arrests legally.

I'd say their not making a cent from the shooting, most likely the debts they have are being wiped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

inforfun wrote: »

I am Dutch but my English is Shakspearian compared to the Dutch in that link.
    The Dutch language gets its ass kicked in those articles in such a way i highly doubt the writer is Dutch. (Might be a Dutch passport holder but from Turkish or Moroccan origin)
    But that aside, that website is most of the time very quick and very correct when stuff happens in the crime world in The Netherlands or related to The Netherlands.

I saw the article, but never checked the URL, was it on the official newpaper site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Round up EVERY member of the extended families, relatives - friends - anyone.

Unless they can PROVE they are not involved in any criminality, they stay locked up.

The gob****es abroad - NO ENTRY.

"Gangland" me arse, they're scum. Not John bleeding Gotti.

That would make an incredible episode of 'Who do you think you are?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Was it just me or did the second sham stand behind the first one and start firing over his shoulder

Not very professional

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

inforfun wrote: »

I am Dutch but my English is Shakespearian compared to the Dutch in that link.

Is he just a crime blogger then? With bad Dutch! Wonder is the link due to
    the Mink Kok stuff and:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/man-held-in-suspected-kinahan-link-flat-challenges-detention-1.2619374

Allyall wrote: »
    I saw the article, but never checked the URL, was it on the official newpaper site?

No, link is just a crimeblog.
    Havent noticed anything in the Dutch newspapers about this.
    But havent been looking for it either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

You have to laugh at the guy that asked the td/council for a transfer.

Act like a thug and then run crying to the authorities and expect sympathy and a new house

He was concerned about his son being present if there was an attack,completely different thing than him crying for help he just wanted a safer flat with no ground level entry,hardly asked to go into witness protection.

Is he just a crime blogger then? With bad Dutch! Wonder is the link due to
    the Mink Kok stuff and:

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/man-held-in-suspected-kinahan-link-flat-challenges-detention-1.2619374

Well, if one of the gangs here is friendly with the mocro mafia in Amsterdam...... I could well be a case of "you havent seen anything yet"

Was only last March a head was found in front of a shisha lounge that is frequented by Moroccan criminals.
    The body that head belonged to was found, burnt to a crisp, elsewhere.

When i first heard about the shooting in The Regency and that kalashnikovs were used i immediately thought about the Mocro's coming over for some pay back.
    These guys empty kalashnikovs at each other in kindergarten play yards. During school hours.

Mink Kok, Holleeder, Mieremet, to name just a few were choir boys compared to this lot. At least they had some sort of code of taking each other out in places and a times when the risk for normal people was minimal.

Gisteren schreef ik er als enig media nog over dat het neefje van de Gerry Hutch bijna nooit het nieuws haalde want steevast werd nooit zijn naam genoemd in Ierse media. Ik schreef er al over dat het een politie informant zou zijn. Het neefje van Gerry ‘The Monk’ Hutch werd doodgeschoten om 10.00 uur vanmorgen bij een appartementen complex aan de noordzijde van het centrum van Dublin.

Schermafbeelding 2016-05-24 om 15.05.16
    Gareth Hutch werd doodgeschoten door twee schutters op het terrein van de Avondale House flats op North Cumberland Street, getuigen hebben dat bevestigd. Volgens buurbewoners, een van de aanvallers had zijn gezicht gedeeltelijk bedekt, terwijl de andere werd ontmaskerd.Ze renden naar een wachtende auto op het noordelijke uiteinde van de straat, die er als een haas van door ging weg uit het gebied waar ze zo juist de liquidatie hadden gepleegd.

Er schijnt een wapen te zijn gevonden rond de liquidatie plaats maar of daar veel bruikbare sporen op worden gevonden is maar zeer de vraag. En de link met Nederland dat deze man veel huldig verbleef in Nederland verbleef en zelf kort geleden is opgepakt voor een overval en een vals paspoort maar daar nooit voor is gevolg min Ierland ondank dat om zijn uitlevering werd gevraagd.

Daarom was het vermoeden dat hij op samenwerkte met de politie want zijn naam werd nooit gebruikt in de media niet in Ierland en niet in Nederland niet een keer zelfs alleen op mijn site vlinderscrime.nl Het lijkt wel of mijn stuk er versnelling aan deze liquidatie heeft gegeven. Omdat de Ierse onderwereld ook leest en nu een bevestigen hebben gekregen lijkt wel.

leuk stukje van boevennieuws.nl

Schermafbeelding 2016-05-24 om 21.29.03

Update 25 Mei 2016 00.55 uur

Schermafbeelding 2016-05-25 om 00.50.09

Een 29 jarige verdachte meld zich zelf bij de politie na aanleiding van de liquidatie.( Druk op de link) zo snel is nog nooit een verdachten in beeld gekomen van een liquidatie. Ik volg een beetje het nieuws zijdelings omdat en veel Nederlands links met Ierland in zitten dus vandaar dat ik weer even een update geef.

Deel dit artikel:
    l
    Yesterday I wrote the only media left the nephew of Gerry Hutch almost never took the news because invariably was never mentioned his name in Irish media. I already wrote about it would be a police informant. The nephew of Gerry 'The Monk' Hutch was shot at 10:00 this morning at an apartment complex on the north side of Dublin city center. Screenshot 2016-05-24 at 15:05:16 Gareth Hutch was shot dead by two gunmen on the grounds of Avondale House apartments on North Cumberland Street, witnesses have confirmed. According neighboring residents, one of the attackers had his face covered partially, while the other was ontmaskerd.Ze ran to a waiting car on the north end of the street, which look like a hare by going away from the area where they are so precisely had committed liquidation. There seems to have found an arm around the wound site but if there be found a lot of useful trace is very doubtful. And the link with the Netherlands that many inaugurate this man stayed stayed in the Netherlands and is himself arrested recently for a robbery and a fake passport but never is due min Ireland ingratitude which was asked for his extradition. Therefore, it was suspected that he was working with the police because his name was never used in the media in Ireland and did not once even in the Netherlands only on my site vlinderscrime.nl It seems my piece there is acceleration in liquidation given. Because the Irish underworld reads well and have now obtained a fix seems. nice piece of boevennieuws.nl Screenshot 2016-05-24 at 21:29:03 Update May 25, 2016 00:55 pm Screenshot 2016-05-25 at 00:50:09 A 29-year-old suspect report themselves to the police after following the liquidation. (Press the link) so quickly has never come into focus one suspects of a liquidation. I follow the news a little sideways and as many Dutch left Ireland so why I sit here again give an update.
    :confused::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Unless they can PROVE they are not involved in any criminality, they stay locked up.

Lol.

In the country the size of Ireland that would mean you'd have to lock up a few thousand people, including several politicians and Gardai. Most of this country will be able to trace links to both gangs either through friends of friends or relations by marriage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Under what section(s) of what act(s)?

Trouble is, Gardai can only play within the rules. It makes for a somewhat uneven playing field......

l

:confused::eek:

That "fix" would be better translated with "confirmation".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

acceleration in liquidation

don't like the sound of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

How do they prove a negative?

What are you charging them with?

Thoroughly illegal and stupid idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭blue_blue

I, for one, am glad Gareth Hutch is dead. All these scumbags can continue killing each other. It means the state won't be paying for their social welfare for the rest of their disgusting lives wearing tracksuits.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Dutch crime bloggers switched onto the story when Naofal Fassih was arrested in a plush Lesson St. apartment in April.

The Garreth Hutch assassination looks clunky but it was effective. The killers got into a position of observation and we're able to remain there, they made sure to kill Garreth and they escaped the scene.
    Firing over the shoulder of his accomplice surely wouldn't be best practice but I thought it showed a comfort with each other rather than a haphazard moment. He took those shots to make sure of the kill. That takes experience and confidence.

The cartel don't need to be organising these hits. All they needed to do was to put out a list of names and a price tag.

The Regency hit looked the part- a boxing event, a man in drag, police uniforms, assault rifles. But it was a disaster. They personally involved themselves, they didn't get their target, they stupidly exposed themselves and they were totally unprepared for the backlash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

blue_blue wrote: »
    I, for one, am glad Gareth Hutch is dead. All these scumbags can continue killing each other. It means the state won't be paying for their social welfare for the rest of their disgusting lives wearing tracksuits.

To paraphrase Oddball: "Go easy with the negative vibes man"

He was wearing jeans though when murdered?

My best advice for defending yourself is to blend in. That's why I always wear my cheap grey tracksuit all the time.

Lol....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

TV3 mention the car again as a 5 Series, clearly no correction went around to the media from the Gardaí as they probably still think it's a 5 Series even though they have the actual 7 Series car in their posession and have done since the crime occured. Do they need to call BMW in Munich to identify the car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

TV3 mention the car again as a 5 Series, clearly no correction went around to the media from the Gardaí as they probably still think it's a 5 Series even though they have the actual 7 Series car in their posession and have done since the crime occured. Do they need to call BMW in Munich to identify the car?

Is it possible, that the 7 series is not the car that they are looking for?
    Someone may have changed the plates..

Any truth in the runour that he rang the Gardaí yesterday to tell them about some 'dodgy' looking people...? :/

When I type it, it reads like an obvious rumour, but when I was told it.... It came in the midst of other stories and seemed plausible.

These small details are what could make or break a case,say someone has info on a 7 series acting suspiciously in recent weeks or parked up somewhere and seen someone at it,and could provide info but you have the garda looking for info on a 5 series so that rules out anyone who could provide vital info on the car because they seen a suspicious 7 not a 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Do the hutches not have the operational capacity to hit back or just don't want to? Is this just going to go on until they are all wiped out?

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%C3%AD-fear-up-to-10-at-risk-of-being-slain-by-kinahans-1.2659482

It's like Keyser Soze!:eek:

If this was just about letting everyone know who rules the streets of Dublin, you'd think the point would be well made by now.

You have to think it's personal on the part of the aforementioned DK and LB...

Jeez.. they leak the cctv evidence and get the car description wrong and 24 hours later don't seem to have corrected their misinformation...

Looks like amateur hour... Surely somebody in the Gardai can run a tight ship?

Was the car towed away not the victims car, a BMW. Where the attackers using a BMW also, that gardai are looking for info on?

Was the car towed away not the victims car, a BMW. Where the attackers using a BMW also, that gardai are looking for info on?

Victim drove a vw passat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

humberklog wrote: »
    Dutch crime bloggers switched onto the story when Naofal Fassih was arrested in a plush Lesson St. apartment in April.

The Garreth Hutch assassination looks clunky but it was effective. The killers got into a position of observation and we're able to remain there, they made sure to kill Garreth and they escaped the scene.
    Firing over the shoulder of his accomplice surely wouldn't be best practice but I thought it showed a comfort with each other rather than a haphazard moment. He took those shots to make sure of the kill. That takes experience and confidence.

The cartel don't need to be organising these hits. All they needed to do was to put out a list of names and a price tag.

The Regency hit looked the part- a boxing event, a man in drag, police uniforms, assault rifles. But it was a disaster. They personally involved themselves, they didn't get their target, they stupidly exposed themselves and they were totally unprepared for the backlash.
    Great post. The fact that they had a second escape car on standby hardly suggests an amateur hit either.I'm sure they were aware of the CCTV also. I seriously doubt the person who handed themselves in is one of the shooters. I'm sure they'd take their chances at a life on the run over a life in jail if given a choice. But even if they are caught it doesn't even matter. Loads more available at the prices the cartel are paying I'm sure. Some papers suggesting they were dissidents from the north inner city. So the infamous Finglas guy and his mate probably had nothing even to do with this one. Interesting to see what will happen to the person in custody who has to be charged or released today..I'd be surprised if he's not hit with some charge, related or unrelated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Allyall wrote: »
    Is it possible, that the 7 series is not the car that they are looking for?
    Someone may have changed the plates..

Any truth in the runour that he rang the Gardaí yesterday to tell them about some 'dodgy' looking people...? :/

When I type it, it reads like an obvious rumour, but when I was told it.... It came in the midst of other stories and seemed plausible.

It is, they have it in their posession recovered from the scene, they want to know about its movements...

Car in front truck is victims Passat, car behind is shooters 7 Series BMW which Gardaí referring to as 5 Series...
    http://www.irishtimes.com/polopoly_fs/1.2659344.1464117361!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/box_620_330/image.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

And what about the innocents that are killed ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

It is, they have it in their posession recovered from the scene, they want to know about its movements...

Car in front truck is victims Passat, car behind is shooters 7 Series BMW which Gardaí referring to as 5 Series...
    http://www.irishtimes.com/polopoly_fs/1.2659344.1464117361!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/box_620_330/image.jpg

They're also towing a Hyundai coupe there. I wonder about it's involvement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭Benevolent Misanthrope

smash wrote: »
    They're also towing a Hyundai coupe there. I wonder about it's involvement.
    Was parked beside car Hutch was getting into - could have DNA evidence etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

I wish i could afford to drive a VW Passat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

So why would the shooter hand himself in ? doesn't make sense - unless he's not part of the gang and was pressured into it ?

TheNap wrote: »
    I wish i could afford to drive a VW Passat

Not sure what relevance this has to the victim or the thread? the murdered man worked as a taxi man,maybe if you went out and worked you could afford one.

• Advertisement

Gamebred wrote: »
    Not sure what relevance this has to the victim or the thread? the murdered man worked as a taxi man,maybe if you went out and worked you could afford one.
    Or if you made your money from crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

And where might you be from good sir?Not the north inner city im guessing.

Yeah victim must of really been living it up living in them corporation flats great life from crime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

So why would the shooter hand himself in ? doesn't make sense - unless he's not part of the gang and was pressured into it ?
    Exactly. I'd imagine the guy who handed himself in was the guy who's house was raided around the corner. If he was one of the two directly involved, I seriously doubt he would of handed himself in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

And what about the innocents that are killed ?

Why would you give that dog the pleasure of responding to its comment? I just ignore them obvious attention seeking trolls out for shock value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Yeah victim must of really been living it up living in them corporation flats great life from crime.

Ah sure God love all them poor Hutchs - not a penny between them. :angel:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

Can you live in social housing while working full time as a taximan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

depends how much you earn i suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

humberklog wrote: »

"Best Practice", "Comfortable", "experience and confidence".

You reckon they took training courses ?

Good God man, the papers are correct, Irish people are becoming indifferent to the killings at this stage when commentary on the quality of the killers is being discussed with such descriptiveness.

Lol was wondering where you disappeared to thought you might have gone into hiding

i only pop up when their bullets are running low lol

I can't think of a better way to avoid hassle from CAB (other than to get a real job, I suppose).

whats saorseans new twitter accounts name is it still saorsean?

I can't think of a better way to avoid hassle from CAB (other than to get a real job, I suppose).

Yeah serious boss with that passat worth about 5 grand,escobar hutch they called him just stayed in that flat while under threat so cab wouldnt get to him,was on his way to his malahide mansion when killed.

depends how much you earn declare i suppose
    FYP

Yeah serious boss with that passat worth about 5 grand,escobar hutch they called him just stayed in that flat while under threat so cab wouldnt get to him,was on his way to his malahide mansion when killed.

He was involved in the attempted bank robbery in Lucan and I very much doubt that was his first or last "job" ever. The guy was a criminal, maybe a "retired" criminal but a criminal none the same (how do you "retire" as a criminal? Do HR ring you up one day and tell you you've hit the shceme retirement age??)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement