Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Exactly. I'd imagine the guy who handed himself in was the guy who's house was raided around the corner. If he was one of the two directly involved, I seriously doubt he would of handed himself in.

There was 2 shooters. After that fella handed himself in, the media said gardai were looking for one other person in connection to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Coat22 wrote: »
    He was involved in the attempted bank robbery in Lucan and I very much doubt that was his first or last "job" ever. The guy was a criminal, maybe a "retired" criminal but a criminal none the same (how do you "retire" as a criminal? Do HR ring you up one day and tell you you've hit the shceme retirement age??)

No idea where your going with this :confused: I have no access to the mans financial details either do you,the assumptions he has money because he drove a passat is hilarious,if he was worth money he wouldnt be begging the council to move him from his ground floor flat.

Gamebred wrote: »
    No idea where your going with this :confused: I have no access to the mans financial details either do you,the assumptions he has money because he drove a passat is hilarious,if he was worth money he wouldnt be begging the council to move him from his ground floor flat.

The general had more money than you or I, he drove a ****ty Renault 5 and he still queued up for his dole without fail!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

The general had more money than you or I, he still queued up for his dole without fail!

And also had houses in ranelagh and upmarket Cowper downs,collected his dole as a finger to the authorities than actual need, not all these lads are loaded

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

He was involved in the attempted bank robbery in Lucan and I very much doubt that was his first or last "job" ever. The guy was a criminal, maybe a "retired" criminal but a criminal none the same (how do you "retire" as a criminal? Do HR ring you up one day and tell you you've hit the shceme retirement age??)

He was acquitted of that. But sure dont let that stop your ramblings. If he was the millionaire mastermind criminal you believe you think he would be sitting in his council flat in Dublin City Centre like a sitting duck. Wheres his major convictions either.

Use some logic ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

He was acquitted of that. But sure dont let that stop your ramblings. If he was the millionaire mastermind criminal you believe you think he would be sitting in his council flat in Dublin City Centre like a sitting duck. Wheres his major convictions either.

Use some logic ffs

Does that mean he wasn't involved ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

More top journalism, the Regency hotel has moved to Raheny.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/courts/hutch-may-face-non-jury-trial-as-other-man-released-from-custody

That and the 7 series BMW, no wonder the Gards are getting nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ciapen

eamonnq wrote: »
    Does that mean he wasn't involved ?

Aquitted = Not guilty,

So there wasn`t the evidence to say he was involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Use some logic ffs

So you honestly believe he had no involvement in that just because the state could not prove it beyond a reasonable doubt??

The robbery was foiled by the ERU. I'm assuming some escaped. Derek Hutch was jailed for it. Gareth Hutch suddenly went to live in Amsterdam for 2 years. Gardai and the DPP had enough evidence to seek and be granted a European arrest warrant for him. They couldn't prove in a court of law beyond a reasonable doubt that he was involved - fair enough. But you're either naeve or a sympatiser if you somehow believe this was all just either a big coincidence or some sort of set up.

I'm not a millionaire but I have my own house. I don't think anyone said he was a millionaire - but he has lived off the proceeds of crime. His uncle was allegedly involved in some of the biggest robberies in the history of the sate and yet most of the family all still live within a square mile or two - do you really think thats down to poverty or some other reason?

David Byrne hardly lived in Dalkey but did you see his funeral? Where they chose to live has nothing to do with how much they're worth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,846 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The most strange thing about all this is how much it's been played out in full view of the public. Faces and names known of those involved save a couple of the killings. Only this morning I stumbled on the identity of flatcap, his Facebook page and him grinning away there in the 'new hat he got for Christmas'. Quite surreal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Strumms wrote: »
    Only this morning I stumbled on the identity of flatcap, his Facebook page and him grinning away there in the 'new hat he got for Christmas'. Quite surreal.
    Was it a Flat Cap lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,846 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Was it a Flat Cap lol

It sure was !

ciapen wrote: »
    Aquitted = Not guilty,

There may not have been the evidence to convict him of an offence, but do you think he was 'involved' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

just seen that twitter account is saying gareth hutch may have been killed by dissidents he fell out with who were friends with him and ross hutch that there was some sort of facebook fight the night before with threats and counter threats been made back and forth

just seen that twitter account is saying gareth hutch may have been killed by dissidents he fell out with who were friends with him and ross hutch that there was some sort of facebook fight the night before with threats and counter threats been made back and forth

Which twitter account is that ?

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    Which twitter account is that ?

same fella on here who posted the dutch link the night before gareth hutch was killed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

man in his 50's released without charge

same fella on here who posted the dutch link the night before gareth hutch was killed

Thought that, but did not see it on that twitter account, (or maybe I have my posters mixed up.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

man in his 50's released without charge

It would be a good time for Patsy to visit the Ring of Kerry and not to hurry back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭Benevolent Misanthrope

He was acquitted of that.
    And of course there's no chance a guilty person would be acquitted in this country.

• Advertisement

ciapen wrote: »
    Aquitted = Not guilty,

There is a dozen ways to be acquitted, one of which is not being able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. So even if the jury thought he did it, unless they were absolutely certain it was proved, he would be acquitted.

Which does not mean you didn't do it.

There is a dozen ways to be acquitted, one of which is not being able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. So even if the jury thought he did it, unless they were absolutely certain it was proved, he would be acquitted.

Which does not mean you didn't do it.

You're digging a bigger hole for yourself here let it go.

David Byrne hardly lived in Dalkey but did you see his funeral? Where they chose to live has nothing to do with how much they're worth.
    Huh - I thought those horses came to the funeral because they were neighbours.

What hole?

The only hole is pretending that if someone is acquitted of something, they didn't do it. That's the thinking of a child.

Example.

What hole?

The only hole is pretending that if someone is acquitted of something, they didn't do it. That's the thinking of a child.

Go out and get some fresh air you're getting very worked up about nothing here.

Go out and get some fresh air you're getting very worked up about nothing here.
    Well if easily shooting down a silly argument is getting 'very worked up', there wouldn't be much discussion on Boards at all. I note that you have replied every time, so you must be equally worked up.

Gareth Hutch was caught AT THE SCENE of the attempted robbery (well after a chase from the scene if you want to be precise). He was brought to court, charged, given bail and did a legger to the Dam.

He somewhow was aquitted. Can't find anything on why that was but he was aquitted.

I doubt even his uncle would try to claim he wasn't involved in that crime.

Especially when the original post only mentioned that he was 'involved'.

having a part in something : included in something. : actively participating in something. Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary.

He somewhow was aquitted. Can't find anything on why that was but he was aquitted.

I doubt even his uncle would try to claim he wasn't involved in that crime.
    You have to wonder whether the claim that he was an informant was related to this too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Don't buy dissidents.

They seem to be lying low with all the going ons.

• Advertisement

You have to wonder whether the claim that he was an informant was related to this too.

it depends what he informed on because he did the robbery with family members and i cant see them killing him. I believe the twitter account that it may have been to do with this facebook row he would have been a target for the cartel but the killers were from the area and the house that was raided was only around the corner

LOL LOL LOL - so you really think these guys have jobs and mortgages to pay? Really?
    Yes. I know a university graduate whose brother has been in prison various times for serious crime and the supply of drugs.

The typical middle-aged man from a low socio-economic group in Ireland, e.g. Gerry Hutch, probably has about 100 close relatives, between his siblings, nieces, nephews, and cousins, most of whom have fully grown families.

If you honestly think every single one of them is 'tainted by blood' to be layabouts and scumbags, you're talking rubbish.

It's amazing to me how anybody can decry the lack of civilisation in these gangs' behaviour, whilst simultaneously prattling on with their distinctly uncivilized notion that the sins of one man are to be reproven by punishing his relatives.

It's reminds me of the Old Testament. It doesn't belong in a civilized society, and actually implies some justification on behalf of the Kinehans.

Yes, I do think that plenty of the extended family of Gerry Hutch have jobs and/or mortgages and/or kids in school, which they cannot leave, en masse, at the drop of a hat. Nor should they have to.

LOL LOL LOL - so you really think these guys have jobs and mortgages to pay? Really?
    Yes. I know a university graduate whose brother has been in prison various times for serious crime and the supply of drugs.

The typical middle-aged man from a low socio-economic group in Ireland, e.g. Gerry Hutch, probably has about 100 close relatives, between his siblings, nieces, nephews, and cousins, most of whom have fully grown families.

If you honestly think every single one of them is 'tainted by blood' to be layabouts and scumbags, you're talking rubbish.

It's amazing to me how anybody can decry the lack of civilisation in these gangs' behaviour, whilst simultaneously prattling on with their distinctly uncivilized notion that the sins of one man are to be reproven by punishing his relatives.

It's reminds me of the Old Testament. It doesn't belong in a civilized society, and actually implies some justification on behalf of the Kinehans.

Yes, I do think that plenty of the extended family of Gerry Hutch have jobs and/or mortgages and/or kids in school, which they cannot leave, en masse, at the drop of a hat. Nor should they have to.

Thats mad Ted

There's some mad stuff on here - lots and lots of mad stuff - but this is one of the maddest

Its odd - you can find newspaper reports on his initial charge, his return to Ireland and remanding in custoday until Oct 8, 2014 and then nothing - next thing are references this year to him being aquitted but no court reports from the time.

Its like it just "went away"

Its odd - you can find newspaper reports on his initial charge, his return to Ireland and remanding in custoday until Oct 8, 2014 and then nothing - next thing are references this year to him being aquitted but no court reports from the time.

corrupt gardai corrupt media corrupt country we only hear what they want us to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

He obviously paid for it to go away, paid with information to the authorities.

Thats mad Ted

There's some mad stuff on here - lots and lots of mad stuff - but this is one of the maddest
    If you said the same thing about one of the central Kinehans, you might have some reason.

But the Hutches are not a gang family on anywhere near that scale. There's no comparison. They don't run some big, international operation. By all media accounts, the Hutches are fairly insignificant.

This is primarily a personal feud, not a competitive one.

corrupt gardai corrupt media corrupt country we only hear what they want us to hear
    I think the suggestion is that perhaps he agreed to work as an informant and the case was not pursued with much vigour, which wouldn't be an example of corruption I guess.

FixitFelix wrote: »
    And also had houses in ranelagh and upmarket Cowper downs,collected his dole as a finger to the authorities than actual need, not all these lads are loaded

So the victim of the latest shooting "needed" to move houses in the same complex, closer to his friends (protectors) to save himself and his family from a potential attack??
    Ends up then being murdered as if he hadn't a care in the world.
    Biggest load of ****e I've ever read.

• Advertisement

So the victim of the latest shooting "needed" to move houses in the same complex, closer to his friends (protectors) to save himself and his family from a potential attack??
    Biggest load of ****e I've ever read.

His reason was no cctv looking onto his flat and ground level entrance from the rear.

His reason was no cctv looking onto his flat and ground level entrance from the rear.

CCTV stops these assassins in their tracks!
    His reasons don't make sense!

If you said the same thing about one of the central Kinehans, you might have some reason.

But the Hutches are not a gang family on anywhere near that scale. There's no comparison. They don't run some big, international operation. By all media accounts, the Hutches are fairly insignificant.

This is primarily a personal feud, not a competitive one.

Don't think I ever suggested they were an "international cartel" but insignificant? On a global scale maybe but in an Irish context one of them is suspected of masterminding 2 of the biggest cash robberies in the history of the state (at the time), Gary Hutch was suspected of several murders, Eddie Hutch had a settelement with CAB (but is innocent of every doing anything wrong) and Derek Hutch is doing time for murder, robbery, etc. Gareth Hutch had multiple convictions.

Probably all just honest decent criminals trying to get by

There's seems to be a lot of sympathisers on these threads to the Hutches.(the ones targeted)
    It starts off that they are believed to be innocent, but it turns out none of them are innocent, they all had some involvement in the murder at the Regency!

Doesn't mean they deserved to die, but shouldn't we save our sympathies for the likes of Martin ORourke???

Or was he not one of the lads??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Thats mad Ted

I don't think it is mad to imagine that somebody associated with the Hutch family has a job or a mortgage.

The idea we are fine with letting a man in Spain decide who dies in Ireland today is the really mad bit.

Ardillaun wrote: »
    I don't think it is mad to imagine that somebody associated with the Hutch family has a job or a mortgage.

The idea we are fine with letting a man in Spain decide who dies in Ireland today is the really mad bit.

Your ideas have merit, but are completely delusional all the same.
    There will always be an untouchable don, in Ireland or some other safe haven and the only way they can be touched is by a gun.
    So no, nothing An Gardai or Enda Kenny can do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

There's seems to be a lot of sympathisers on these threads to the Hutches.(the ones targeted)

I think because it's playing out like a soap opera á la Love/Hate. People are desensitized from the situation.

As you would remember, everyone had their favorites in Love/Hate. Monday mornings in work, were awash with conversations and sympathy towards its characters who got clipped. Nothing different here imo

flanzer wrote: »
    I think because it's playing out like a soap opera á la Love/Hate. People are desensitized from the situation.

As you would remember, everyone had their favorites in Love/Hate. Monday mornings in work, were awash with conversations and sympathy towards its characters who got clipped. Nothing different here imo
    You are probably correct!
    I never watched that ****e, Fair City with attitude! it was full of criminals as extras anyway.
    It was the only genuine part of it TBH, the extras being criminals I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭honreal

It's mad to think how many hutches have dies in a short period of time... scumbags or no scumbags the other members of the family must be absolutely smashed emotionally.

Gareth Hutch had multiple convictions.
    For attempted robbery!

No media outlet has yet presented Gareth Hutch as some kind of mob leader.

He was a small time criminal living in a council flat.

Gareth Hutch had at least one young son, I don't know what other commitments he and other potential victims have.

The Hutch "gang", insofar as they are a gang, are washed-up old criminals who belong more in a Carry On movie than modern gangland crime, whose brutality is embodied in the frenzied, psychotic behaviour of the Kinehans.

I'm not trying to paint these Hutches as angels, but I have no doubt that plenty of the potential victims are innocent , and that even those with criminal backgrounds are sometimes laughably stupid criminals.

By the way, on the subject of drug dealers and wealth:

Why do drug dealers still live with their moms? (.PDF)
    The problem with crack dealing is the same as in every other glamour profession: a lot of people are competing for a very few prizes.

Earning big money in the crack gang wasn’t much more likely than the Wisconsin farm girl becoming a movie star or the high-school quarterback playing in the NFL. But criminals, like everyone else, respond to incentives. So if the prize is big enough, they will form a line down the block just hoping for a chance. On the south side of Chicago, people wanting to sell crack vastly outnumbered the available street corners.

These budding drug lords bumped up against an immutable law of labor: when there are a lot of people willing and able to do a job, that job generally doesn’t pay well.

It starts off that they are believed to be innocent, but it turns out none of them are innocent, they all had some involvement in the murder at the Regency!

Doesn't mean they deserved to die, but shouldn't we save our sympathies for the likes of Martin ORourke???

Or was he not one of the lads??

Dont think theres any sympathisers,there is no hutch gang as people seem to think,as someone has said they are washed up criminals without a pot to piss in that are being murdered and people on here are celebrating like some big drug baron just got taken out,

Some people on here genuinely believe Gareth Hutch was living in his flat to avoid a cab bill,absolutely laughable.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement