Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭Benevolent Misanthrope

The Hutch "gang", insofar as they are a gang, are washed-up old criminals who belong more in a Carry On movie than modern gangland crime, whose brutality is embodied in the frenzied, psychotic behaviour of the Kinehans.

I'm not trying to paint these Hutches as angels
    Right, because these are the guys who stormed the Regency hotel with AK47s and murdered a man.

I realise there are shades of gray here, but I think you are possibly letting a gang of career criminals who profit from the misery of others off a bit lightly.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Dont think theres any sympathisers,there is no hutch gang as people seem to think,as someone has said they are washed up criminals without a pot to piss in that are being murdered and people on here are celebrating like some big drug baron just got taken out,

Some people on here genuinely believe Gareth Hutch was living in his flat to avoid a cab bill,absolutely laughable.

The keyword in your post is "criminals"
    I, like others couldn't give a flying **** if they are washed up or not.
    Or have a pot of gold.

Karma is a bit of a prick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

There's seems to be a lot of sympathisers on these threads to the Hutches.(the ones targeted)
    It starts off that they are believed to be innocent, but it turns out none of them are innocent, they all had some involvement in the murder at the Regency!

Doesn't mean they deserved to die, but shouldn't we save our sympathies for the likes of Martin ORourke???

Or was he not one of the lads??

people like a fair fight

people like a fair fight

Ah so the regency and collusion with disso scum was an honourable and fair attack was it?
    Have a day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Apparently there is a close associate of the latest victim hunting down hes killers, Not to sure how serious to take that as they have said the same about every murder victim and no retaliation has taking place.

tomofson wrote: »
    Apparently there is a close associate of the latest victim hunting down hes killers, Not to sure how serious to take that as they have said the same about every murder victim and no retaliation has taking place.

It's all BS.
    They haven't a pot to piss in (according to their pals here) , most likely because 100s of thousands of what they had left went to the lad who said he was trying to run a business and then run to Dubai, to organise the Regency hit, which in the grand scheme looks like a stupid, amateur attack that has ended the family as a whole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

people like a fair fight

That is exactly what people in the know want a fair fight but it isn't going to happen the byrnes and fat head Daniel don't need to get there hands dirty plus they have Garda info and stacks of cash.

I do believe the Hutch's wil strike back eventually they have lost too many already.

Is it Time for a different approach to drugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

For attempted robbery!

No media outlet has yet presented Gareth Hutch as some kind of mob leader.

He was a small time criminal living in a council flat.

Gareth Hutch had at least one young son, I don't know what other commitments he and other potential victims have.

The Hutch "gang", insofar as they are a gang, are washed-up old criminals who belong more in a Carry On movie than modern gangland crime, whose brutality is embodied in the frenzied, psychotic behaviour of the Kinehans.

I'm not trying to paint these Hutches as angels, but I have no doubt that plenty of the potential victims are innocent , and that even those with criminal backgrounds are sometimes laughably stupid criminals.

By the way, on the subject of drug dealers and wealth:

Why do drug dealers still live with their moms? (.PDF)

washed-up old criminals who belong more in a Carry On movie than modern gangland crime......who organised an attack on a city centre hotel which involved AK47s etc.....the lovable rogues

Coat22 wrote: »
    washed-up old criminals who belong more in a Carry On movie than modern gangland crime......who organised an attack on a city centre hotel which involved AK47s etc.....the lovable rogues

There were akm assault rifiles but your point stands!

When I first started reading this thread I didn't give a lala about both sides but the more this dispute has evolved the more I want to see Garda not protect the one side over the other which are being wiped out but disso link hasn't helped the Hutch's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I just watched the cctv footage of the murder, chilling stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

There were akm assault rifiles but your point stands!

When I first started reading this thread I didn't give a lala about both sides but the more this dispute has evolved the more I want to see Garda not protect the one side over the other which are being wiped out but disso link hasn't helped the Hutch's!

The dissident link is the families only chance at survival by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

It's all BS.
    They haven't a pot to piss in (according to their pals here) , most likely because 100s of thousands of what they had left went to the lad who said he was trying to run a business and then run to Dubai, to organise the Regency hit, which in the grand scheme looks like a stupid, amateur attack that has ended the family as a whole!

The majority of them dont have a pot to piss in, but the main man himself is a millionaire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

What are the disso's going to do? Give them bullet proof action man outifts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

corrupt gardai corrupt media corrupt country we only hear what they want us to hear
    it was never any other way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The dissidents are finished the days of them lording it over drug gangs are well gone they know better not to get involved or face alan ryan treatment,ie shot down with your family and crew.

They know there target's and there being wiped out so what people they have left are full of grief which is a dangerous emotion in itself.

But hopefully the good hard working guards will get all the resources they need for both sides in your face policing like limerick at the height of the feud there but that was boom time when the gov didn't have to pay a massive loan to IMF for bankers f#@k up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,847 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

according to Enda Kenny the Gardai have told him that they have the resources, well Garda management that is and that is what he is saying. Don't be surprised if there isn't a U turn on that as soon as this evening or tomorrow as Kenny is meeting with them again tonight actually now, for an update...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

blue_blue wrote: »
    I, for one, am glad Gareth Hutch is dead. All these scumbags can continue killing each other. It means the state won't be paying for their social welfare for the rest of their disgusting lives wearing tracksuits.

sounds like a trousering party sock describing an anti iw protester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

They know there target's and there being wiped out so what people they have left are full of grief which is a dangerous emotion in itself.

But hopefully the good hard working guards will get all the resources they need for both sides in your face policing like limerick at the height of the feud there but that was boom time when the gov didn't have to pay a massive loan to IMF for bankers f#@k up!

Jaysus it's fook all to do with bankers. The gardai are lazy and the dept of justice prefers to spend money on speed cameras than protection of the public. But even at that, neither are directly responsible for this violence.

Anyone with cop on understands that if you can get cocaine more easily than getting gardai to your house, drugs have won the war. People want them, and will buy them, so the state should regulate them and profit from it vs letting murdering scum make the money.

The reason it won't happen is because more than half the gardai would no longer be needed and the number of cases coming before the judiciary would go through the floor, leaving solicitors, judges and barristers to starve. We can't have those lads out there unable to earn a crust now, can we?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 ciapen

eamonnq wrote: »
    There may not have been the evidence to convict him of an offence, but do you think he was 'involved' ?

I know what you`re saying but I`d have to see what evidence there is. I could just say yes or no but that would just be my opinion based mainly on what I read in the media.

The papers print anything they want about dead people because they can`t sue. Dead junkies are scumbags but Gerry Ryan was a saint. I see them as two sides of the same coin giving money to the drug gangs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Why would they get involved in this....nothing to do with them??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Zymurgist

What is the Twitter account that keeps being mentioned in this thread?

genericguy wrote: »
    Jaysus it's fook all to do with bankers. The gardai are lazy and the dept of justice prefers to spend money on speed cameras than protection of the public. But even at that, neither are directly responsible for this violence.

Anyone with cop on understands that if you can get cocaine more easily than getting gardai to your house, drugs have won the war. People want them, and will buy them, so the state should regulate them and profit from it vs letting murdering scum make the money.

The reason it won't happen is because more than half the gardai would no longer be needed and the number of cases coming before the judiciary would go through the floor, leaving solicitors, judges and barristers to starve. We can't have those lads out there unable to earn a crust now, can we?

Ouch didn't mean to rile you up but yes your view makes crazy sense!! What can be done tho to stop this because I haven't the foggiest idea.

Gamebred wrote: »
    The dissidents are finished the days of them lording it over drug gangs are well gone they know better not to get involved or face alan ryan treatment,ie shot down with your family and crew.

The dissidents are scumbags and their southern arm has always been a joke, weak, filled with infighting, Dublin orientated and with limited connection to dissident activity in the north. Heck, people like Alan Ryan probably never crossed the border, let alone have a notion about what Republicanism actually is. But if the northern leadership have become involved in recent weeks, then it's a different story.

Pretty sure Gerry Hutch has connections with some northern based dissidents (could be wrong) and the Kinanans took Barr out recently

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

The dissidents are scumbags and their southern arm has always been a joke, weak, filled with infighting, Dublin orientated and with limited connection to dissident activity in the north. Heck, people like Alan Ryan probably never crossed the border, let alone have a notion about what Republicanism actually is. But if the northern leadership have become involved in recent weeks, then it's a different story.

He was frequently at marches and protests up north, plenty of pics online of this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

The guy that handed himself in over Garreth's murder, would that be the tenant of the flat on Sean Mac St. ? I was wondering how the killers could lay in wait in that area with a clear vantage point for any reasonable period of time.

A few minutes after the murder a flat was raided there by the gardai acting on immediate local info.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seerscryer

bajer101 wrote: »
    Yeah, and I see that Nicola has written an article about it. I'd say you can say goodbye to your new twitter account.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/gareth-hutch-named-and-pictured-as-garda-informant-on-dutch-site#.V0RS33g8lr0.twitter

Yes I have read Nicola Tallant's article! The Twitter account is still live (at the moment anyhow), perhaps Nicola would be better served researching her stories and writing factual articles rather than criticising others.

Yes I did post that tweet that had been posted on a Dutch crime site!

Someones been arrested over Eddie Hutch. In their 40's though so unlikley it's one of the principle people involved I would imagine.

He was released after 48 hours!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

humberklog wrote: »
    The guy that handed himself in over Garreth's murder, would that be the tenant of the flat on Sean Mac St. ? I was wondering how the killers could lay in wait in that area with a clear vantage point for any reasonable period of time.

A few minutes after the murder a flat was raided there by the gardai acting on immediate local info.
    It'll be interesting when we find out more about this alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Is it just me, or are there a lot of "after the events" raiding of houses/flats people?

Why not before. Where is their intelligence, and I'm not talking about IQ here either.

Hmm.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    He was frequently at marches and protests up north, plenty of pics online of this.

I know. I was being flippant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Don't suppose the Hutch's will be paying water charges.:rolleyes:

Is it just me, or are there a lot of "after the events" raiding of houses/flats people?

Why not before. Where is there intelligence, and I'm not talking about IQ here either.

Hmm.

It's all being arranged from overseas so much more difficult to gather intelligence. As already stated these are not hitmen most likely per say... Just people at the lower end of criminality that would not be on Garda intelligence radar who are doing it to clear a drug debt. That seems to be the read anyway. The raids in the aftermath are prob a lot based on more to do with evidence as any intelligence.

Not a hope, police are paid off, even in this country. They have the run of the place. It's like when the general was murdered, total surveillance. Then none.....

They know, and so does the Directorate of Military Intelligence ("G2").

I do not believe that their is this type of corruption endemic in the Gardai! Quashing speeding fines and very occasionally there was a Garda identified as giving information to criminals as in the Gilligan case.

However, there may be some disgruntled Gardai, with bad wages or lack of overtime, working conditions, lack of equipment or all of the above, that may leak information to the press, but I cannot see the type of corruption that is expressed on this forum from time to time. But this is only my opinion and I could be wrong, as could all of us in our opinions.

Ouch didn't mean to rile you up but yes your view makes crazy sense!! What can be done tho to stop this because I haven't the foggiest idea.

Regulate all drugs, there will then be no revenue stream for these bastards

genericguy wrote: »
    Regulate all drugs, there will then be no revenue stream for these bastards

there will.. they will still deal drugs just get less rich from it. but still rich... like the folks who make a mint from diesel and cigarettes.... both of those are regulated and legal.

Strumms wrote: »
    there will.. they will still deal drugs just get less rich from it. but still rich... like the folks who make a mint from diesel and cigarettes.... both of those are regulated and legal.
    But you don't see people being murdered over their supply or control of markets.

They won't, they'd be shown to be toothless by being completely crushed and won't risk losing the fear the community seems to have of them. They should be called dipsh1t republicans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

seerscryer wrote: »
    I do not believe that their is this type of corruption endemic in the Gardai! Quashing speeding fines and very occasionally there was a Garda identified as giving information to criminals as in the Gilligan case.

However, there may be some disgruntled Gardai, with bad wages or lack of overtime, working conditions, lack of equipment or all of the above, that may leak information to the press, but I cannot see the type of corruption that is expressed on this forum from time to time. But this is only my opinion and I could be wrong, as could all of us in our opinions.

It's the info the gang would have on them

Drugs gambling hookers etc

Give us info or else and there's a few quid for your trouble

Once they are in they stay in

• Advertisement

But you don't see people being murdered over their supply or control of markets.

fair point alright... but that is really only because the big money is in the drugs. Which attracts the biggest players to the top table who are not afraid to raise the stakes as we are seeing now... If they were only smuggling fags and diesel and high end cars.. well than that all of a sudden becomes the A game.. with the high rollers and if there is only a quarter of the money to be made as compared to the drugs... they will still not hesitate to take out rivals and enemies etc... its money.. power.. ego etc... and while the legalization of drugs might probably temper situations It's not exactly going to have the lads flocking to uploads their CV on jobs.ie in a hurry...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Bit wary of posting given whats goin on but am bored lol

Anyone hear the latest rumours regarding INLA or ex INLA people

Bit wary of posting given whats goin on but am bored lol

Anyone hear the latest rumours regarding INLA or ex INLA people

Yep.

Also suspect in one of the notice murders which makes no sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Yep.

Also suspect in one of the notice murders which makes no sense.
    notice? You mean recent?

bajer101 wrote: »
    It was written with the assistance of Councillor Noel Ring. Regardless of his previous crimes he made the point that he had a child and that his child was also at risk. That child is now without a father.

This man had a 7 year old son, who now will grow up without a father! We all have loved ones and regardless of our transgressions or peccadillos our mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, wives and children will love us deeply! The loss is great nevertheless for those innocents or indeed not so innocents left behind!

If he did or did not think of his previous victims, if indeed there were any? Should we in this forum become less of a human being and wish another human being ill? If we condemn such criminals, to wish the same perpetrated on them that we have just condemned makes us merely hypocrites!

notice? You mean recent?

Sorry yeah recent one which wouldn't add up out of all of them if you get me.

I dont get though how a Dutch crime journo could have such good sources about Irish gangland crime. Is there the audience for his followers for him to dig that deep, how could he get sources like that. Meanwhile Irish crime journos just steal stuff from this thread and print everything their Gardai pals tell them

There are a number of Dutch crime sites and 3 or 4 of them mention Irish criminals and at least one in Belgium(a blogspot, but it seems to be inactive now). Kinahan has been mentioned occasionally on these sites for at least 8 years. The fact that some of these people work with Dutch criminals brings them into the Dutch spotlight! Although I have seen some comments that are complaining over why the author is writing about Irish and Maroccan mafia groups instead of Dutch.

seerscryer wrote: »
    This man had a 7 year old son, who now will grow up without a father! We all have loved ones and regardless of our transgressions or peccadillos our mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, wives and children will love us deeply! The loss is great nevertheless for those innocents or indeed not so innocents left behind!
    Pecadillos like armed robbery, and whatever else? Yeah, I feel sorry for the kid, but his dad was the kind of person that makes Ireland a bad place to live.

How did we end up with such a violent generation?

• Advertisement

How did we end up with such a violent generation?
    Yerra it's just their pecadillos! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement