Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

JustTheOne wrote: »
    How did we end up with such a violent generation?
    They didn't lick it off the stones did they?
    There has been violence since the dawn of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

seerscryer wrote: »
    I do not believe that their is this type of corruption endemic in the Gardai! Quashing speeding fines and very occasionally there was a Garda identified as giving information to criminals as in the Gilligan case.

However, there may be some disgruntled Gardai, with bad wages or lack of overtime, working conditions, lack of equipment or all of the above, that may leak information to the press, but I cannot see the type of corruption that is expressed on this forum from time to time. But this is only my opinion and I could be wrong, as could all of us in our opinions.

I don't believe you, there was a thread in conspiracy theories started by someone called John Monk, 2 weeks ago about the above, although, there was wild accusations about the gardai colluding with criminals to assinate rivals(I don't believe that bit) it was shut down by an admin asap for legal reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seerscryer

eamonnq wrote: »
    Which twitter account is that ?

I believe Mr Gangster Gossip is referring to my twitter account! Incidentally, I was never known as @Saorsean but I did like his stuff and do agree with trying to relay any information that i believe is true, rather than been spoon fed my opinions by any of the crime reporters currently doing the rounds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Am i the only one who wonders just how many garda were deployed every day during the height of the water meter installations and protests it was utter madness, i remember seeing a photo online and there must have been over 30 garda observing 3 men installing water meters and no more than a dozen protesters, i mean WTF is this all about, the only way to put a serious stop to these killings is 24/7 surveillance of these people, the garda evidently know who all these people involved are,yet they appear to be able to roam the city murdering at will, how many more people are going to die and innocent people as well like Martin O Rourke, or others just by mere association with the Hutchs have been singled out and murdered.

It was done with the general in the 80s and after a while it freaked him out and he got paranoid and realistically this is the only way, well the logical solution would be to legalise drugs, control and tax them but only progressive and forward thinking countries do that, and sadly we are a long long way off that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Stephen Hero

This man had a 7 year old son, who now will grow up without a father!

He still has a mother. I have neither.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

He still has a mother. I have neither.

ah bless, begrugding a 7 year old his mother, nice one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Stephen Hero

According to the lefties, this is all the fault of the middle class and the inner city people are "abandoned".

The ordinary working people who pay mortgages are the ones being abandoned here. This drivel of people of inner city needing more facilities, more support etc is the sh*t of a bull. Those who claim to live in poverty live in city centre Dublin with jobs and third level colleges on their doorsteps, yet, many CHOOSE not to take up opportunities. That state has failed the inner city…by providing them with corpo houses and numerous social welfare payments, deis schools and other family supports making them being dependant with a sense of entitlement. There are many of us in inner city Dublin who work, pay mortgages and pay private childcare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Am i the only one who wonders just how many garda were deployed every day during the height of the water installations and protests, i remember seeing a photo and there must have been over 30 garda observing 3 men installing water meters and no more than a dozen protesters, i mean WTF is this all about, the only way to put a serious stop to these killings is 24/7 surveillance, the garda evidently know who all these people involved are,yet they appear to be able to roam the city murdering at will, how many more people are going to die and innocent people as well like Martin O Rourke, or others just by mere association with the Hutchs have been singled out and murdered.

It was done with the general in the 80s and after a while it freaked him out and he got paranoid and realistically this is the only way, well the logical solution would be to legalise drugs, control and tax them but only progressive and forward thinking countries do that, and sadly we are a long long way off that.

650 extra Guards posted to Donegal to protect Prince Charles today. Says it all really where the priorities are

Average joes like the rest of us can do one , as long as our betters the Royals and the upper classes are okay

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭Benevolent Misanthrope

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Am i the only one who wonders just how many garda were deployed every day during the height of the water meter installations and protests it was utter madness, i remember seeing a photo online and there must have been over 30 garda observing 3 men installing water meters and no more than a dozen protesters, i mean WTF is this all about, the only way to put a serious stop to these killings is 24/7 surveillance of these people, the garda evidently know who all these people involved are,yet they appear to be able to roam the city murdering at will, how many more people are going to die and innocent people as well like Martin O Rourke, or others just by mere association with the Hutchs have been singled out and murdered.

I wonder if the low-level violent water protests in estates up and down the land used up so much of the Garda budget that they can't afford to put enough people on this kind of stuff?

Is it just me, or are there a lot of "after the events" raiding of houses/flats people?

Why not before. Where is their intelligence, and I'm not talking about IQ here either.

Hmm.

There have been dozens of raids on the homes of those believed to be involved with both sides. In fairness the Gardai have been on this! Some places have been raided several times! These raids have not been reported or have been reported in perfunctory manner when the raids had not produced an arrest or a drug bust etc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

I just watched the cctv footage of the murder, chilling stuff.

Do you have a link to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

There have been dozens of raids on the homes of those believed to be involved with both sides. In fairness the Gardai have been on this! Some places have been raided several times! These raids have not been reported or have been reported in perfunctory manner when the raids had not produced an arrest or a drug bust etc!

Raiding houses takes lots of manpower for a few hours, put 2 armed garda 24/7 on ALL the known players, then have them report instantly every movement to someone with a bit of cop on to work it all out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Collie D wrote: »
    I might be a tad sensitive but do we need to see a man being pumped full of bullets?

You don't see anything, probably why they can show it on the newspaper sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,847 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I might be a tad sensitive but do we need to see a man being pumped full of bullets?

It's what is happening on our streets. It is reality. Don't look by all means.

Mech1 wrote: »
    Raiding houses takes lots of manpower for a few hours, put 2 armed garda 24/7 on ALL the known players, then have them report instantly every movement to someone with a bit of cop on to work it all out.

Perhaps? I believe you make a good point! But in this instance I would guess that the Gardai have profiled those on each side most likely to perpetrate attacks or those who would be most likely to give logistic support for such attacks, given that the Gardai had predicted an imminent attack!

Therefore, I believe that the Gardai made a good move (in this case) by disrupting the planning of such attacks, as the potential perpetrators would be wondering where would be next and this allied with armed checkpoints on the street, should and probably did thwart some attacks!

However, the attack on Barr and Gareth Hutch have shown us that this tactics can be overcome by a determined and motivated perpetrator(s)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

Have you not seen best Gore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

They didn't lick it off the stones did they?
    There has been violence since the dawn of time.

Yes but why does Ireland have the highest gun related murders in Europe?

Why doesn't the other European countries have it as high as us?

Strumms wrote: »
    It's what is happening on our streets. It is reality. Don't look by all means.

Reality or not it just seems voyeuristic to me although I do now stand corrected by the post above yours pointing out they don't show the actual moment.

• Advertisement

650 extra Guards posted to Donegal to protect Prince Charles today. Says it all really where the priorities are
    Yeah, you can blame that on the Republicans who would kill him.

I was sceptical about this but quick search shows you aren't far off if you meant EU. Second to Belgium as far as I can see. Still just over half the Swiss rate (highest legal gun ownership in world I think) and miles behind the obvious Latin American candidates.

Interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Where you getting these stats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

What a read!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

We don't even make this list
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

You can sort it by clicking on the headers.

Same video but better edited, still no gore so safe to look at if your inclined to do so.
    http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/watch-horror-moment-gareth-hutch-11381479

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Don't suppose the Hutch's will be paying water charges.:rolleyes:

Nor have I :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

^ Am I missing something or does that not look like footage shot from a window on a phone, rather than CCTV footage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,847 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Reality or not it just seems voyeuristic to me although I do now stand corrected by the post above yours pointing out they don't show the actual moment.

I think voyeuristic maybe only if you get a kick out of watching it. In which case you would be a bit ****ed up lets be honest. It's reality and as there isnt any gore as such i dont think its a bad thing for people to see what is going on... on OUR streets.. lets not forget that.

• Advertisement

UsedToWait wrote: »
    ^ Am I missing something or does that not look like footage shot from a window on a phone, rather than CCTV footage?
    It's a Garda filming a computer screen with his phone. You can see windows alright, courtesy of Microsoft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

It's a Garda filming a computer screen with his phone. You can see windows alright, courtesy of Microsoft.

Ah I see.. Hadn't switched it to full screen on the phone and didn't notice the 'cam 6' in the bottom corner..

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Where you getting these stats?

Above.

Allyall wrote: »
    We don't even make this list
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

You can sort it by clicking on the headers.

Read and weep bitch.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/dublin-has-become-the-gun-murder-capital-of-europe-69575922-237669061.html

According to a recent study, Dublin has the highest rate of gun murder in Europe. The rate is almost as high as some cities in the U.S. like Washington D.C.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Read and weep bitch.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/dublin-has-become-the-gun-murder-capital-of-europe-69575922-237669061.html

According to a recent study, Dublin has the highest rate of gun murder in Europe. The rate is almost as high as some cities in the U.S. like Washington D.C.

I'd be very suprised if dublin wasn't topping out gun crime in europe. The politicians and thus gardai would not consider the drugs trade to be something that they should be too concerned about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Ohbethehokey

Why would they do that? What's the motivation? As if the Gardai are making themselves out to incompetent enough, why would they do this?

• Advertisement

Why would they do that? What's the motivation? As if the Gardai are making themselves out to incompetent enough, why would they do this?

Exactly, heads should roll, but they wont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Am I right in thinking that to become a Taxi Driver, you need to pass Garda vetting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that to become a Taxi Driver, you need to pass Garda vetting?

Yeah but you don't have you be a saint. I think some minor convictions are OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

TheNap wrote: »
    Can you live in social housing while working full time as a taximan ?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Strumms wrote: »
    It's all being arranged from overseas so much more difficult to gather intelligence. As already stated these are not hitmen most likely per say... Just people at the lower end of criminality that would not be on Garda intelligence radar who are doing it to clear a drug debt. That seems to be the read anyway. The raids in the aftermath are prob a lot based on more to do with evidence as any intelligence.

I'm suspicious that this was not arranged from over seas and was more of a local thing... A tribute act

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Away from anything else.

This is so wrong. A section of a family is being taken out. I'm no Hutch family fan.

When Gary Hutch was killed in Spain did the Gardai investigate themselves (by 'themselves' i mean look if theres a mole in the ranks). They should have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

humberklog wrote: »
    Away from anything else.

This is so wrong. A section of a family is being taken out. I'm no Hutch family fan.

When Gary Hutch was killed in Spain did the Gardai investigate themselves (by 'themselves' i mean look if theres a mole in the ranks). They should have.

Why?
    Was Gary not killed because he was given charge over a shipment to the UK that was busted. He was thought to be a rat no?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Why?
    Was Gary not killed because he was given charge over a shipment to the UK that was busted. He was thought to be a rat no?

Exactly. I've being saying the same in previous posts. That and a 5m haul in Kildare.
    The English bust lead to the downfall of a huge gang operating the north east (Manchester to Liverpool).

Garreth is extradited from Holland and the case disappears?

Edit: I'm not saying Garreth was grassing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

humberklog wrote: »
    Away from anything else.

Why?
    Many theories floating around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

pablo128 wrote: »
    Yeah but you don't have you be a saint.

But it helps if you're a monk.:P A mate of my Dad's got into the bould Gerry's cab once...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I've been doing a fair bit of thinking about all of this today and I have decided to bow out of this thread. There is a natural public appetite for these stories. it is real life Love/Hate and Sopranos. Sure The Sunday World and Paul Williams have made a very good living from feeding on this natural curiosity.

I may have been viewed as someone who had a bit more information than the general public, and as such some of my posts may have served to feed this curiosity. This no longer sits easy with me. I think what made me have a major re-think was seeing the letter that Gareth wrote expressing fear of having his child witnessing him being killed and then seeing the video of him being killed. You would have to have a heart of stone to think that someone deserves that, (although some posters here who consider themselves to be fine upstanding citizens, think it is ok for a fellow human's life to be just extinguished).

Gareth Hutch. A father who had his son stay with him four nights a week, shot down in a pool of blood (and vomit, according to witness, which means that he didn't die straight away. He was alive long enough to puke). His son won't be with him for 4 nights next week. And all the people who had to witness that and then had to talk to their kids that night and try to explain what happened!(Ah but sure, fúck em, they're only northside inner citiers, what do I care!).

And it started off with Gary Hutch. Chased around the apartment complex, knowing that his life was about to come to an end. Can you even begin to imagine what that would feel like? And then just ending up in a pool of blood.

And then Davy Byrne. The same. The last moments of his life being chased and then ending up in a pool of blood. And then Eddie Hutch and innocent Martin O'Rourke and Noel Duggan, and Micky Barr and now Gareth Hutch. All humans who are now dead.

Anyway, I digress. I just wanted to say that I don't right about contributing to this thread as it become an object of entertainment and I don't think that people being murdered should ever be entertainment.

Thanks.

A defender of drug dealers and admirer of criminal armed robbers, who takes the high road when it comes to correcting posters about their grammar, to strengthen his argument. you will forgive me if I dont cry to see you bow out because not everyone is admiring criminals who are making Dublin a right ****hole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Ohbethehokey

Meh, live by the sword, die by the sword.

I doubt they passed a thought for their victim's children or families.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

A defender of drug dealers and admirer of criminal armed robbers, who takes the high road when it comes to correcting posters about their grammar, to strengthen his argument. you will forgive me if I dont cry to see you bow out because not everyone is admiring criminals who are making Dublin a right ****hole!

*don't

Mod
    -Banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Had to laugh at the local woman who was interviewed on the radio today and said "it was discrimination that he was shot" !!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement