Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

People in this country love gangland crime.

Look at love hate, most popular Irish show watched by millions.

People going on about fran the man and how funny he is.

Kids watching it, thinking it's brilliant.

No wonder it's all getting out of control and noone can stop it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

bajer101 wrote: »
    I've been doing a fair bit of thinking about all of this today

Thanks.

I didn't read all of your post. But I get the gist.

What's happening in Dublin at the moment would make for one hell of an enthralling gangster novel and it's happening now. So of course it's going draw to speculation on the salacious goings on.

Also, because of the truely terrible (and frightening) quality of information via the mainstream media reporting gardai soundbites I think it's important that threads like this exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

humberklog wrote: »

What's happening in Dublin at the moment would make for one hell of an enthralling gangster novel. This is akin to some of the finest stories told but it's happening now. So of course it's going draw speculation on the salacious goings on.

Also, because of the truely terrible (and frightening) quality of information via the mainstream media reporting gardai soundbites I think it's important that threads like this exist.

Hey, I get it. I'm just remonstrating with myself. I was taking some sort of perverse pleasure in knowing more than other people and that was wrong.

My final point on this, and this is very much aimed at all the people who just regard all drug dealers and anyone caught up in this as "scummers"; If there had been a mistake made in the maternity hospital on the day that they were born, and instead of being driven home to the leafy suburbs, they were instead sent home to live in the inner city, their lives could have been very different. Instead of posting comments on Boards tonight castigating the "lowlifes", they could be tooling up. We're all the same.

Bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

JustTheOne wrote: »
    People in this country love gangland crime.

Look at love hate, most popular Irish show watched by millions.

People going on about fran the man and how funny he is.

Kids watching it, thinking it's brilliant.

No wonder it's all getting out of control and noone can stop it.

Sopranos and The Wire seem to have done well elsewhere is there a correlation there too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Amazing the actions of Gary Hutch alone appeared to have been the cause of all this bloodshed,and his relation facing a murder charge,

You gotta laugh at the papers today claiming theres people'gunmen on rolling 2k a week contracts who makes this **** up.

Hey, I get it. I'm just remonstrating with myself. I was taking some sort of perverse pleasure in knowing more than other people and that was wrong.

My final point on this, and this is very much aimed at all the people who just regard all drug dealers and anyone caught up in this as "scummers"; If there had been a mistake made in the maternity hospital on the day that they were born, and instead of being driven home to the leafy suburbs, they were instead sent home to live in the inner city, their lives could have been very different. Instead of posting comments on Boards tonight castigating the "lowlifes", they could be tooling up. We're all the same.

Bye.
    oh the irony!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Ohbethehokey

' If there had been a mistake made in the maternity hospital on the day that they were born, and instead of being driven home to the leafy suburbs, they were instead sent home to live in the inner city, their lives could have been very different. '

Nonsense, there are lovely people in those areas too. It's the upbringing, attitudes and values that make the person, not the location

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

Gamebred wrote: »
    Amazing the actions of Gary Hutch alone appeared to have been the cause of all this bloodshed,and his relation facing a murder charge,

You gotta laugh at the papers today claiming theres people'gunmen on rolling 2k a week contracts who makes this **** up.

Correct me if I'm wrong but was it not the money from Stephens green tiger kidnapping which wasnt paid back that started this and patrick jnrs mouth after that calling Gary a penny boy for the k cartal den boxer shot by mistake BMW x5 was used had to be sum1 close to k cartal then then the seized shipment in England?

Correct me if I'm wrong but was it not the money from Stephens green tiger kidnapping which wasnt paid back that started this and patrick jnrs mouth after that calling Gary a penny boy for the k cartal den boxer shot by mistake BMW x5 was used had to be sum1 close to k cartal then then the seized shipment in England?

No Idea the exact reason why but I just meant the general blame can be labeled at him I think,

Amazing how well they gangs have their money laundered the guy murdered in the hotel had a rolls royce among other amazing vehicles,of course cab couldnt take it due to their paper work being so ''legit''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I thought it was the money from the bank job - €7m?
    How much was the Tiger kidnapping cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Listen to Bicky. He has said more in a couple of sentences than Paul Williams or Nicola Tallant have said in month's of bullshít articles.

I'm definitely out after this.

http://www.independent.ie/incoming/manic-driver-crashes-at-mater-hospital-screaming-for-medical-assistance-for-passenger-with-gunshot-wounds-30512245.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Lots of action in N city with emergency services, wonder if another has happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,847 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Listen to Bicky. He has said more in a couple of sentences than Paul Williams or Nicola Tallant have said in month's of bullshít articles.

http://www.independent.ie/incoming/manic-driver-crashes-at-mater-hospital-screaming-for-medical-assistance-for-passenger-with-gunshot-wounds-30512245.html

how do you know bicky is a he ?

I don't think there are many thinking anything here is entertaining.. interesting yes i am sure..... again what is happening on OUR streets and make no mistake these are OUR streets no matter if were are in D4..D13..D24 and everything in between is and should be of interest. No regardless of what people are involved in and as it seems associated with they don't deserve to outright die like dogs and I am on record here disagreeing with the whole 'let them take each other out' mantra of some.. especially at the start of the thread and what was to happen in Sheriff St. weeks later.... ? feel free to leave the thread but as a topic of discussion of what is happening in OUR city and on OUR streets will always and should always be for discussion... and sometimes opinions and sentiments will differ and rub a little.. so it goes... just wish this **** would stop really...

I'm not even from Dublin this thread has giving me all the info r dot joining I have.

Regular posters here have killed(wrong phrase I know)my trust in main tabloids and crime journalist for the truth but paper have to bend the truth of story's because of Ireland strict libel law which is evident in the English dude who a Irish paper linked to Thompsons bro.

I'm a nobody minimum wage worker so guards know all this from here too.

Yes I'm a he!

Forums and Twitter are the real news site now in this information age of Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Is there two Derek Hutches? One is the guy with the glasses who goes by the name Delboy? Then there is another Derek Hutch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

Read and weep bitch.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/dublin-has-become-the-gun-murder-capital-of-europe-69575922-237669061.html

According to a recent study, Dublin has the highest rate of gun murder in Europe. The rate is almost as high as some cities in the U.S. like Washington D.C.

This article is absolute guff. No figures, no methodology just a grossly simplistic headline.

Here's a more recent breakdown of global figures for comparison
    http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/jul/22/gun-homicides-ownership-world-list

From a quick glance the gun homicide rates in Albania, Bulgaria, Belgium, Italy, Switzerland, Luxembourg*, & Macedonia are higher

*(might be an anomaly due to the small size of the country)

More up to date international crime data is available from the UN here https://data.unodc.org/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Read and weep bitch.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/dublin-has-become-the-gun-murder-capital-of-europe-69575922-237669061.html

According to a recent study, Dublin has the highest rate of gun murder in Europe. The rate is almost as high as some cities in the U.S. like Washington D.C.

Irish Central?

Yeah I'll read and weep alright.....

Allyall wrote: »
    I thought it was the money from the bank job - €7m?
    How much was the Tiger kidnapping cash?

I still can't link to wiki but 2009 bank of Ireland robbery/tiger kidnapping I think we are speaking about the same one jus different descriptions of it depending where u read it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭Esel

"Joe, the amount of 'new' posters on that thread would bleeding wreck your head. Is it that they think we're slow? Ya wouldn't know who to believe, Joe. Your mate Bunny Carr - he knew his rights. Stop the bleeding lights!"

"Joe? Hello? Joe? Sorry Joe, I have to go. There's a knock on me door. I'm lying on the floor. Listening to that Warren Zevon song - 'and get me out of this'. Call me back, Joe. I have to go."

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    "Joe, the amount of 'new' posters on that thread would bleeding wreck your head. Is it that they think we're slow? Ya wouldn't know who to believe, Joe. Your mate Bunny Carr - he knew his rights. Stop the bleeding lights!"

"Joe? Hello? Joe? Sorry Joe, I have to go. There's a knock on me door. I'm lying on the floor. Listening to that Warren Zevon song - 'and get me out of this'. Call me back, Joe. I have to go."

I presume this is for me! No need to hide remarks in jibba jibber it is a discussion forum after all!

• Advertisement

You keep saying that!
    Your heartfelt "regret" at gossiping on a thread about poor murdered criminals, is losing it's integrity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Listen to Bicky. He has said more in a couple of sentences than Paul Williams or Nicola Tallant have said in month's of bullsh t articles.

You keep saying that!
    Your heartfelt "regret" at gossiping on a thread about poor murdered criminals, is losing it's integrity.
    Ages don't match

This article is absolute guff. No figures, no methodology just a grossly simplistic headline.

Here's a more recent breakdown of global figures for comparison
    http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/jul/22/gun-homicides-ownership-world-list

From a quick glance the gun homicide rates in Albania, Bulgaria, Belgium, Italy, Switzerland, Luxembourg*, & Macedonia are higher

*(might be an anomaly due to the small size of the country)

More up to date international crime data is available from the UN here https://data.unodc.org/

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/capitals-murder-rate-one-of-the-highest-in-europe-26548631.html

http://m.herald.ie/news/dublin-murder-rate-is-one-of-europes-highest-27897137.html

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/rate-of-homicide-among-highest-in-europe-265006.html

Not the highest but not far off and we're a small country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Allyall wrote: »
    How is that even similar?
    Two guys hiding somewhere with guns, in a lane/bush/behind a wall, and waiting for someone to pass by. Then running up behind him and shooting him in between cars, without barely stopping.

You think that's not cowardice?
    It's not quite the same as challenging someone to a fist fight.

Yeah lets have a fist fight, then you can come back a couple hours later and shoot me, genius, you'd last long

Theres no rules and some people have to accept that, "a fist fight" honestly like they want people out of the frame and gone all together not for them to get a broken jaw :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

It's a Garda filming a computer screen with his phone. You can see windows alright, courtesy of Microsoft.

Why would they do that? What's the motivation? As if the Gardai are making themselves out to incompetent enough, why would they do this?

It may not have been a garda either. I'm assuming the CCTV came from the flats. So there's a control room (corpo maybe?) also where this was being viewed. I would say its more likely to have come from that control room that the Gardai

GBX wrote: »
    Had to laugh at the local woman who was interviewed on the radio today and said "it was discrimination that he was shot" !!

Was she the same one complaining that she couldn't "go to the labour or the pub in case she got shot"???

Not sure she saw the irony in the fact that if she was "on the labour" she shouldn't be anywhere near a pub!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

I believe it was leaked from a watsapp group beign sent from gardai to gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭seerscryer

From what has been reported, the story I believe is the most credible, is that the feud proper started with what is now believed by the Kinahan Cartel to have been an attempt on the life of Daniel Kinahan. That was, as you mentioned, where the boxer was shot because he entered the grounds of DK villa where the gunman, reported on twitter as Patrick Hutch lay in wait, the boxer or retired boxer, Jamie Moore, apparently thought that it was a joke or a "wind up" and approached the gunman who panicked and shot him. This was reported in the Guardian.

Apparently, the cartel believe that it was meant for Daniel Kinahan, although widely reported at the time to be meant for Gary Hutch, who was believed to have been inside the villa with Daniel Kinahan at the time. That incident was in my opinion, the birth of what is now termed the ''HUTCH KINAHAN FEUD'' and has steadily escalated since then.

Jude13 wrote: »
    I believe it was leaked from a watsapp group beign sent from gardai to gardai

I also heard this story, but how did it come into the public domain? Do you know?

humberklog wrote: »

What's happening in Dublin at the moment would make for one hell of an enthralling gangster novel. This is akin to some of the finest stories told but it's happening now. So of course it's going draw speculation on the salacious goings on.

Bye.

Such a pile of sh*te. I know plenty of people who've grown up in sh*tty parts of the south inner city, Ballymun, Darndale, Tallaght etc and all of whom I admire for getting on with and achieving things in their lives.

The common denominator in them all is their parents and grandparents who wouldn't allow them to grow up as layabouts etc. I know one lad who grew up in York St and was persecuted because he had the audacity to go to college but is now a successful professional because his mother, father etc made the effort with him.

I'm sick of people complaining that its the fault of where they grew up or the governments that they didn't get off their ar$e and forge a life for themselves. Not everyone can be a doctor but everyone can find something to do to get by.

• Advertisement

Coat22 wrote: »
    Such a pile of sh*te. I know plenty of people who've grown up in sh*tty parts of the south inner city, Ballymun, Darndale, Tallaght etc and all of whom I admire for getting on with and achieving things in their lives.

The common denominator in them all is their parents and grandparents who wouldn't allow them to grow up as layabouts etc. I know one lad who grew up in York St and was persecuted because he had the audacity to go to college but is now a successful professional because his mother, father etc made the effort with him.

I'm sick of people complaining that its the fault of where they grew up or the governments that they didn't get off their ar$e and forge a life for themselves. Not everyone can be a doctor but everyone can find something to do to get by.

Yeah but some people are born with junkies as mothers and fathers, thats hardly their fault, others are just stupid and easily led, maybe cause their junkie parents never bothered getting up in the morning to bring them to school, everyone has different circumstances,

I'm obviously not saying this is an excuse to go around shooting people and dealing drugs, but if you're involved in it from a young age from circumstances like I said above it happens easily.

I know loads of people who you'd class as a scumbag but when I look back at their lives a lot of the time I come to the conclusion that they never had a chance to begin with

tomofson wrote: »
    Is there two Derek Hutches? One is the guy with the glasses who goes by the name Delboy? Then there is another Derek Hutch

Yes there were two Derek Hutchs! The youngest brother of Gerry ''the Monk'' Hutch, he committed suicide:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/criminals-brother-felt-guilty-before-his-death-26627081.html

He was survived by his wife Noleen and 2 sons, one is Nathan Hutch and the other I believe is also called Derek, aka as 'young Derek'. Though not a 100% sure of the second son's name! He also had a son from another relationship.

Derek ''Del Boy'' Hutch is the son of Patsy Hutch and the brother of Patrick Hutch who is accused of the murder of David Byrne. He is also known as the ''Drag Queen killer'' and the brother of the murdered Gary Hutch. Patsy has another son who is a very promising boxer, not involved in any criminal activity, who unfortunately is boxing under a pseudonym because of the perceived threat to his life. Although it is believed that he is not in danger as he was in no way involved with the Regency Hotel attack!

Confusing? Exactly!

Juan8 wrote: »

Yeah but some people are born with junkies as mothers and fathers, thats hardly their fault, others are just stupid and easily led, maybe cause their junkie parents never bothered getting up in the morning to bring them to school, everyone has different circumstances,

I'm obviously not saying this is an excuse to go around shooting people and dealing drugs, but if you're involved in it from a young age from circumstances like I said above it happens easily.

Agree but your point agrees with mine - the problem in the above circumstances is not the "area" or the "government" but the parents. Feel sorry for the kids in such circumstances but its their parents at fault here not where they ended up living.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭Benevolent Misanthrope

Were the Hutches behind a lot of the 'tiger kidnappings' we've seen over the years?

Agree but your point agrees with mine - the problem in the above circumstances is not the "area" or the "government" but the parents. Feel sorry for the kids in such circumstances but its their parents at fault here not where they ended up living.

Yeah but more junkies come from the Inner city, Crumlin, Drimnagh etc than from Foxrock, Ballsbridge etc because drug problems are all over the world associated with poorer areas so more likely the kids who get caught up in those circumstances will come from those areas, I edited my post before you quoted it but like I said I know plenty of people from my childhood who are drug dealers or in prison now and most the time when me and my other mates talk about them we come to the conclusion that they never stood a chance, Junkie parents, Parents/Brothers/Family who were already criminals and basically pushed them into crime from a young age etc

Meanwhile, in another thread, TUSLA and social workers are being attacked for trying to deal with kids whose home situations put them in danger - 'child snatching' they call it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Daniel Kinahan one of those shot! Don't cross The Monk!
    The Costa boys made a huge mistake in taking out Gary. They then compounded it by targeting Del boy in prison. The final straw was trying to put the hammer on the Monk's brother for money. He was nearly left with no option but to come out of retirement swinging. Very, very silly move by the Costa's. It smacks of young guns losing the run of themselves. Targeting the family of the man who masterminded the Brinks robbery who has shown that he is very bright and can plan operations to a tee, was idiotic.

One thing is for sure, today was a game changer. I'm waiting to hear it confirmed who it was that got shot in the leg. The lads who carried out this today were a cut above. They could have just as easily gone for three head shots. If it was Dan Jr. who got it in the leg, then today was just a warning of what is possible and Dan Sr. may broker peace. Interesting times.
    This is The Monk we are talking about, so whoever got killed was the one who it was decided would be killed. Different person, different message. I reckon David Byrne (not Liam Byrne), and a non-fatal to Dan Jr.

Despite all the histrionics in the tabloids of mayhem and kids screaming, this was without a shadow of a doubt the best planned hit that has happened here in a long, long time. Headshot to the lesser Byrne (or maybe Rowe), and a leg wound to Dan Jr. is my bet. Calculated, but not all out war. In its own way, it's an olive branch.

I've met him and have heard enough tales. He really is a clever fúcker. If he had been born in the leafy suburbs he would be the CEO of a Fortune 500. He made his money the hard way.
    I've been doing a fair bit of thinking about all of this today and I have decided to bow out of this thread. There is a natural public appetite for these stories. it is real life Love/Hate and Sopranos. Sure The Sunday World and Paul Williams have made a very good living from feeding on this natural curiosity.

I may have been viewed as someone who had a bit more information

And it started off with Gary Hutch.

Thanks.

To me it seems your bowing out as your hero is not the hero you made him out to be, Also your other posts here (not above) it seems trying to equate criminals/drug dealers/gangsters with normal hard working tax paying people as if there all the same, erm no there not.

And the shooting of Gary hutch was not the start as you well know, but that does not sit well with your analyses that hutches are the good guys in all this ? they are equally as bad as the costas and its just the hutch/dissos and your hero made a complete **** up and now there is mayhem .As you know him personally ask him is he so clever now ? and whats he going to do to end it ?

Daniel Kinahan one of those shot! Don't cross The Monk!
    The Costa boys made a huge mistake in taking out Gary. They then compounded it by targeting Del boy in prison. The final straw was trying to put the hammer on the Monk's brother for money. He was nearly left with no option but to come out of retirement swinging. Very, very silly move by the Costa's. It smacks of young guns losing the run of themselves. Targeting the family of the man who masterminded the Brinks robbery who has shown that he is very bright and can plan operations to a tee, was idiotic.

One thing is for sure, today was a game changer. I'm waiting to hear it confirmed who it was that got shot in the leg. The lads who carried out this today were a cut above. They could have just as easily gone for three head shots. If it was Dan Jr. who got it in the leg, then today was just a warning of what is possible and Dan Sr. may broker peace. Interesting times.
    This is The Monk we are talking about, so whoever got killed was the one who it was decided would be killed. Different person, different message. I reckon David Byrne (not Liam Byrne), and a non-fatal to Dan Jr.

Despite all the histrionics in the tabloids of mayhem and kids screaming, this was without a shadow of a doubt the best planned hit that has happened here in a long, long time. Headshot to the lesser Byrne (or maybe Rowe), and a leg wound to Dan Jr. is my bet. Calculated, but not all out war. In its own way, it's an olive branch.

I've met him and have heard enough tales. He really is a clever f cker. If he had been born in the leafy suburbs he would be the CEO of a Fortune 500. He made his money the hard way.
    I've been doing a fair bit of thinking about all of this today and I have decided to bow out of this thread. There is a natural public appetite for these stories. it is real life Love/Hate and Sopranos. Sure The Sunday World and Paul Williams have made a very good living from feeding on this natural curiosity.

I may have been viewed as someone who had a bit more information

And it started off with Gary Hutch.

Thanks.

To me it seems your bowing out as your hero is not the hero you made him out to be, Also your other posts here it seems trying to equate criminals/drug dealers/gangsters with normal hard working tax paying people as if there all the same, erm no there not.

And the shooting of Gary hutch was not the start as you well know, but that does not sit well with your analyses that hutches are the good guys in all this ? they are equally as bad as the costas and its just the hutch/dissos and your hero made a complete **** up and now there is mayhem .As you know him personally ask him is he so clever now ? and whats he going to do to end it ?

Brilliant post!

The amount of Hutch sympathisers on this thread isn't so much eye opening and it is reflective of a large portion of the Irish population.

This "ordinary decent criminal" crap is part of the reason these people are so hard to bring to justice and explains how parties like SF can get 20% of the vote in an election.

I have to say, I can't shed a tear if the scum who put innocent families through tiger kidnappings are shot down like dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

I'm after falling about 15 pages behind in this thread but can someone tell me, why the new INLA member is the suspect in the Gareth Hutch murder?
    I thought the dissidents were on the Hutch side?

To me it seems your bowing out as your hero is not the hero you made him out to be, Also your other posts here (not above) it seems trying to equate criminals/drug dealers/gangsters with normal hard working tax paying people as if there all the same, erm no there not.

Nice quoting there!
    All his posts show the reason for bowing out, and it's not out of respect for the family he admires.
    It's more to do with not looking like a dope after all of his posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

I'm after balling about 15 pages behind in this thread but can someone tell me, why the new INLA member is the suspect in the Gareth Hutch murder?
    I thought the dissidents were on the Hutch side?

There are so many small different gangs of dissidents and armed republicans claiming to be the original of the species, it would be easier to count grains of sand, As far as I know and of course I open to correction, is that the Dublin new ira decided to help the hutchs for monetary gains in that they would tax and be the armed back up when the monks and others took out the costas and take over the drugs trade in Ireland more or less.

After the hotel attack the Cira issued a crazy mixed up statement then the next day it was withdrawn when the air started to clear, and the dub ra were left all alone ,being ignored by the main men up north etc etc ,its noted that no major republicans turned up for Michael barrs funeral

When this started there would have been many other powerful enough gangs in there own right sitting on the fence seeing which way the game was been played and who was winning.

As the above seems to be losing (with no disrespect to the human beings who have lost there lives) You have the others now siding with what looks like the winners and jumping in to give a hand and I am sure they be all well rewarded etc etc In this world At the end of the day money talks.

Seems now this lad who handed himself in wasn't involved but the gards were searching his flat as the murder happened and he was paranoid he would be blamed for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Brilliant post!

The amount of Hutch sympathisers on this thread isn't so much eye opening and it is reflective of a large portion of the Irish population.

This "ordinary decent criminal" crap is part of the reason these people are so hard to bring to justice and explains how parties like SF can get 20% of the vote in an election.

Godwin theory. Bringing Shinners in.

Uncle Ben wrote: »

Godwin theory. Bringing Shinners in.

Not really - the thread is full of references to RA/CIRA/RARA or whatever the f*ck the northern criminals and their Dublin/Border clingers on call themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Papers awash with all sorts of rubbish again today!!! I think the Herald wins the prize today though, reporting that the Monk went on a massive drinking bender a few days ago on his own around Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

tomofson wrote: »

Derek hutch was a brother of gerard, I spent an evening drinking with a crowd of said family in a pub in church st. Great night by all accounts,mountains of gargle and a good sing song,proper knees up.He's passed away now, but made some 'deathbed confessions'
    Ironically, his better known brother was sinking back pints of carlsberg like it was going out of fashion..

There is no ''dissidents'' in Dublin,weather you like them or not true republicans of the past would be turning in their graves with the carry on of these so called ''dissident republicans'' they are worse than the average drug dealers because they are cowardly hiding behind or trying to anyways hide behind an organisation for safety in numbers,

There are old cira in Dublin but their finished with they dont have any pull anymore the likes of Kinahans or Mr.Big would wipe any so called ''dissident'' threat off the map if they were fueding with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

What did we say about initials....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

So, too news stories from 2009 without statistics, and one from the Examiner that quotes the same statistics I already gave you and clearly states other countries and cities have higher rates of homicide and gun homicide.

Yet you still think Dublin has the rate? Have you actually bothered to read the Examiner's report?

Did you

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement