Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I read a report in the media last night (and it's purely media so there may be no truth in it) That the person who handed themselves in was involved in the hit and and presented on the advice of their mother, who is according to reports, a very good friend of the dead mans family.

That could lend weight to the reports that there is a lot of informers within the deceased's side of the feud.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

bajer101 wrote: »
    Listen to Bicky. He has said more in a couple of sentences than Paul Williams or Nicola Tallant have said in month's of bullshít articles.

I'm definitely out after this.

http://www.independent.ie/incoming/manic-driver-crashes-at-mater-hospital-screaming-for-medical-assistance-for-passenger-with-gunshot-wounds-30512245.html

This story is nearly two years old. What's your/the point? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Derek hutch was a brother of gerard, I spent an evening drinking with a crowd of said family in a pub in church st. Great night by all accounts,mountains of gargle and a good sing song,proper knees up.He's passed away now, but made some 'deathbed confessions'
    Ironically, his better known brother was sinking back pints of carlsberg like it was going out of fashion..

I know of Gerry's late brother called Derek I'm talking about a younger fella whose still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Take2Sean

Most people stalk without posting look at the page views, its also becoming dangerous to post on here

Ah I dunno if people are over estimating the importance of a boards.ie thread in the workings of a gangland feud. No offence..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Most people stalk without posting look at the page views, its also becoming dangerous to post on here
    Take2Sean wrote: »
    Ah I dunno if people are over estimating the importance of a boards.ie thread in the workings of a gangland feud. No offence..

How is it becoming dangerous peter ? what's written here can easily be found already online, all you need is patience a pen and paper.

And as sean above says if any of them are using here in there murderous feud, we are all doomed and I shall never write my opinion about anything again.:p:);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

This story is nearly two years old. What's your/the point? :confused::confused:

Link between 2009 robbery St Stephens green ,Gary n Patrick fight in club in Spain boxer been shot bmwx5(Dutch criminals car) Patrick shot for being bold than drug shipment sezied in England ??can anyone ad to this or is it completely off ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Yes its a newspaper nickname, no the Kinahans are in a league of their own, but he is independent of them and the next biggest here.

Why becoming dangerous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Why becoming dangerous?

Mink Kok gonna getcha..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 976 ✭✭✭beach_walker

Really looking forward to the next season of Love/Hate featuring boards as a key backdrop for the story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

How is it becoming dangerous peter ? what's written here can easily be found already online, all you need is patience a pen and paper.

And as sean above says if any of them are using here in there murderous feud, we are all doomed and I shall never write my opinion about anything again.:p:);)
    JustTheOne wrote: »
    Why becoming dangerous?

I know how ridiculous it sounds yes, and Im paranoid. But Im not the only one thinking it alot of the other regular guys pulling back from here, there are Gardai and lads involved posting on here, monitoring people and most if not all reading. Why wouldnt they there is free info on here and its a way to stir things. And not all the stuff on here can be found online I think thats the point there was confidential info put out on a number of occasions. There was confidential unknown info about Gareth Hutch released online and then he was killed hours later. And Noel Duggan also

Anyone with no horse in this race can see how corrupt the Guards and media are and whats going on. Im sure all their fanclub and loverboys will be on to flame me for this no doubt

• Advertisement

Coat22 wrote: »
    It may not have been a garda either. I'm assuming the CCTV came from the flats. So there's a control room (corpo maybe?) also where this was being viewed. I would say its more likely to have come from that control room that the Gardai
    Course you would, your heroes the boys in blue can never do anything wrong!
    If they didnt want it to be released it wouldnt have been. They even let the papers run it, it could have been taken down at source if they wanted!

On twitter its saying a Women Gardai got the video and it was passed around Whatsapp group then they put it online! Hope they all got a good laugh out of a man being killed and rubbing it in to the family. And people wonder why the Gardai are hated and not trusted

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If they didnt want it to be released it wouldnt have been. They even let the papers run it, it could have been taken down at source if they wanted!

On twitter its saying a Women Gardai got the video and it was passed around Whatsapp group then they put it online! Hope they all got a good laugh out of a man being killed and rubbing it in to the family. And people wonder why the Gardai are hated and not trusted

It must be true.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

tomofson wrote: »
    I know of Gerry's late brother called Derek I'm talking about a younger fella whose still alive.

Yes there is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Such a pile of sh*te. I know plenty of people who've grown up in sh*tty parts of the south inner city, Ballymun, Darndale, Tallaght etc and all of whom I admire for getting on with and achieving things in their lives.

The common denominator in them all is their parents and grandparents who wouldn't allow them to grow up as layabouts etc. I know one lad who grew up in York St and was persecuted because he had the audacity to go to college but is now a successful professional because his mother, father etc made the effort with him.

I'm sick of people complaining that its the fault of where they grew up or the governments that they didn't get off their ar$e and forge a life for themselves. Not everyone can be a doctor but everyone can find something to do to get by.

Do you ever wonder why most of the population of Mountjoy come from Dublin 1, Dublin 3 or Dublin 11 - coincidence?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do you ever wonder why most of the population of Mountjoy come from Dublin 1, Dublin 3 or Dublin 11 - coincidence?

Poverty mostly - it's the same in prisons all over the world.
    Not just poverty in monetary terms. Parenting skills, interest in education, self worth, all pretty low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭32_4_1

Excuse my ignorance on this whole fiasco, but I just have a question. Would all this gangland nonsense be going on if the Provos were still around and taking out drugdealers? Seems to the ignorant untrained eye (me) that there's a direct correlation between the provos packing it in and a progressive growth in the amount and size of drug dealers since after the gfa. All these lads in crime seem very brazen in their actions as of late, a far cry from a time when they were all looking over their shoulders when there were bigger bullies than the lot of them on the block, namely the pIRA

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It must be true.

Well its been said everywhere, offline, even on here, you can even hear her voice recording it. The fact is they put it out there, and it certainly could have been stopped if they wanted it to be. One would think it would impede their investigations, but it looks like they have no interest in investigating the truth

One of the main players in the INLA was arrested yesterday to do with a nail gun crucifixation in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

I think you're hitting the comic books a little too late at night Peter.

Maybe it was the Garda . Maybe it wasn't.

But you're infantile assumption that the one side of the feud is killing more on the other side because one side has the gardai in their pocket is mad in the extreme. Did you ever pause to think it might be because one side is an international cartel of criminals worth over 750M whereas the other is a loose collection from the same extended family (and clingers on) from Sheriff St? If Bray challenged Barcelona to a match and had their arses whipped would it mean the referee must have been on Barca's payroll?

I think you (and a few others on here) need to take a break from this and come back when you hit 16.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Yeah I really don't expect this new INLA group to last very long. Sheer brawn and brutality over brains.

But you're infantile assumption that the one side of the feud is killing more on the other side because one side has the gardai in their pocket is mad in the extreme. Did you ever pause to think it might be because one side is an international cartel of criminals worth over 750M whereas the other is a loose collection from the same extended family (and clingers on) from Sheriff St? If Bray challenged Barcelona to a match and had their arses whipped would it mean the referee must have been on Barca's payroll?

I think you (and a few others on here) need to take a break from this and come back when you hit 16.

Am I the only one that believes that? I have heard many people state otherwise on here and even in the media despite their bias. In fact the Guards are actively investigating their own senior members for leaking info as was reported in media yesterday. Nicola Tallant even alluded to it on RTE!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭Benevolent Misanthrope

Well its been said everywhere, offline, even on here, you can even hear her voice recording it. The fact is they put it out there, and it certainly could have been stopped if they wanted it to be. One would think it would impede their investigations, but it looks like they have no interest in investigating the truth
    You can tell it is a Garda from the voice, or you recognise a specific Garda?

Am I the only one that believes that? I have heard many people state otherwise on here and even in the media despite their bias. In fact the Guards are actively investigating their own senior members for leaking info as was reported in media yesterday. Nicola Tallant even alluded to it on RTE!

LOL must be true so!

I know you're not the only one who believes it (or at least says it) on here. The common theme with most who say it is that the Hutchs are somehow innocent victims in all this, some kind of north side robin hoods, being picked off in a fight they never had anything to do with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Wouldn't/shouldn't the public be allowed to view public CCTV footage anyway?
    Or is that private footage?

Well no - he can hear a voice so defacto it must be a Garda as all women who would look at something like that must be Garda (the wife must be too so - better go home and ask her where she's been hiding the wages and the uniform all that time)

• Advertisement

Please do not put words in my mouth, people are sayin its a woman voice and thats the rumours . You in fact posted this yesterday
    It's a Garda filming a computer screen with his phone. You can see windows alright, courtesy of Microsoft.

So you obviously know more than me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Some serious amount of bitching going on here!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

Yeah.. Lads get over it in fairness. There's about 20 pages of rubbish since the events of Tuesday. I think i'll unsubscribe from the thread until something of significance happens again. Bunch of kids fighting and making a mess of the thread.
    Not just today either, most of yesterday too. Don't ye have homework due or something?

Some serious amount of bitching going on here!!
    People cant handle the truth even when its staring them in the face . Doesnt suit their world view

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

spurious wrote: »
    Yes there is.

Thanks for that it is interesting that their is two Derek Hutches still living I'd say thats why they call one delboy so not to get the two confused in conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

32_4_1 wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance on this whole fiasco, but I just have a question. Would all this gangland nonsense be going on if the Provos were still around and taking out drugdealers? Seems to the ignorant untrained eye (me) that there's a direct correlation between the provos packing it in and a progressive growth in the amount and size of drug dealers since after the gfa. All these lads in crime seem very brazen in their actions as of late, a far cry from a time when they were all looking over their shoulders when there were bigger bullies than the lot of them on the block, namely the pIRA

The only drug dealers that the provos took out were the ones who owed them protection money. Bottom line is if you take drugs you keep these tramps in business .

I realise there are shades of gray here, but I think you are possibly letting a gang of career criminals who profit from the misery of others off a bit lightly.
    I'm not talking about all members of the gang, we're discussing those 'gang' members who have links to Gerry Hutch.

People who are armed, yet can't even manage to pull off a robbery of an unarmed cash-in-transit van. Those kind of fools, such as the most recent deceased. They're not on the same level as the Kinehans at all. They're not playing senior hurling.

The Regency Hotel is an aberration, but most of these guys are just dopes to be honest.

I know how ridiculous it sounds yes, and Im paranoid. But Im not the only one thinking it alot of the other regular guys pulling back from here, there are Gardai and lads involved posting on here, monitoring people and most if not all reading. Why wouldnt they there is free info on here and its a way to stir things. And not all the stuff on here can be found online I think thats the point there was confidential info put out on a number of occasions. There was confidential unknown info about Gareth Hutch released online and then he was killed hours later. And Noel Duggan also

Anyone with no horse in this race can see how corrupt the Guards and media are and whats going on. Im sure all their fanclub and loverboys will be on to flame me for this no doubt
    The only people pulling out of the thread are those openly stating they have drug dealer friends (50 to be exact) and admire armed robbers.
    I wouldn't post that online , so I can understand them pulling out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Allyall wrote: »
    Wouldn't/shouldn't the public be allowed to view public CCTV footage anyway?
    Or is that private footage?

Would you like the nation to see a member of your family shot to death on the street? It shouldn't have been made public.

The only drug dealers that the provos took out were the ones who owed them protection money. Bottom line is if you take drugs you keep these tramps in business .

Point is that they all were bullied by the pIRA to give them protection money. So would this be going on if the IRA were still around? And by extension, was the decommissioning of the IRA actually a bad thing for the south, seeing as they would have been the only ones able to put an end to this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Drug bosses are too powerful now a days,Mr.Big proved that when Ryans crew came looking for money,they would be laughed at by the Kinahan crew if they'd of asked for money aswell,the lower to mid tier were paying tax to them for years but thats not the case anymore as far as I know of.

Point is that they all were bullied by the pIRA to give them protection money. So would this be going on if the IRA were still around? And by extension, was the decommissioning of the IRA actually a bad thing for the south, seeing as they would have been the only ones able to put an end to this?
    By doing what exactly?
    Sending a hit squad to Spain or Dubai?

What we have seen so far is that the reach of these warring factions stretches countrywide and even into the other gang themselves.
    Like trying to find a rat in a sewer.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Drug bosses are too powerful now a days,Mr.Big proved that when Ryans crew came looking for money,they would be laughed at by the Kinahan crew if they'd of asked for money aswell,the lower to mid tier were paying tax to them for years but thats not the case anymore as far as I know of.

Are you actually equating some micky mouse dissidents, who are basically disowned by their only power base in the north and have broken into about 4 more laughable factions, to the pIRA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

This thread has predicted two deaths Mr Duggan over 10 days before his murder and Mr Gareth hutch 12 hours before his murder horrible video too chilling of course interest from Joe public of course would be huge.

The real shame of this feud is the murder of Mr Martin o Rourke!

There is guards,journlist and gang members from boths side posting here along with Joe public

This thread has been the most accurate after soar Sean was banned from social media outlets.

By doing what exactly?
    Sending a hit squad to Spain or Dubai?

What we have seen so far is that the reach of these warring factions stretches countrywide and even into the other gang themselves.
    Like trying to find a rat in a sewer.

The pIRA had connections all over the world. And yes, a hit squad to Spain would certainly be within the IRAs capacity if they were crossed. Infact it would have been a piece of piss. How would Kinahan for example even get a hit on the PIRA without being wiped out, seeing as he and several members of his gang are well known? If you're known to the IRA, very few very get away. Anonymous IRA men were the rats in the sewer who could rarely be found, so not much chance any of these drugdealers being able to take them out

• Advertisement

This thread has predicted two deaths Mr Duggan over 10 days before his murder and Mr Gareth hutch 12 hours before his murder horrible video too chilling of course interest from Joe public of course would be huge.

The real shame of this feud is the murder of Mr Martin o Rourke!

There is guards,journlist and gang members from boths side posting here along with Joe public

This thread has been the most accurate after soar Sean was banned from social media outlets.

one thing everyone can agree on.

The pIRA had connections all over the world. And yes, a hit squad to Spain would certainly be within the IRAs capacity if they were crossed

Don't you mean if they weren't payed their protection money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The pIRA had connections all over the world. And yes, a hit squad to Spain would certainly be within the IRAs capacity if they were crossed

They would probably want to avoid crossing into Gibraltar though.

Don't you mean if they weren't payed their protection money?

Doubt Kinahan and Mr. Big would pay up tbh

Doubt Kinahan and Mr. Big would pay up tbh

How else do you cross the IRA?
    The General could potentially be claiming his pension had he not told them to **** off and get your own loot.

How else do you cross the IRA?
    The General could potentially be claiming his pension had he not told them to **** off and get your own loot.

That's the point. If they were hypothetically still around, and the cartels didn't pay up, would the pIRA have put an end to it, and none of this would be happening?

That's the point. If they were hypothetically still around, and the cartels didn't pay up, would the pIRA have put an end to it, and none of this would be happening?

I think you give them too much credit!
    They aren't invincible and have their own families to worry about.
    They are brave when it comes to small time gangsters, not so sure about wide reaching cartels though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

The media are regurgitating what's on here.
    The criminals are looking over their shoulders, not at the screen.
    The gardai are mentally deficient.

You'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Or you might say that by keeping drugs illegal the government is keeping them in business

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭Benevolent Misanthrope

genericguy wrote: »
    Or you might say that by keeping drugs illegal the government is keeping them in business
    But while they are illegal, RDB is right of course - it pays for the lifestyles of criminals from Ireland all the way to wherever the drugs are sourced, and all the misery that goes with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement