Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭32_4_1

I think you give them too much credit!
    They aren't invincible and have their own families to worry about.
    They are brave when it comes to small time gangsters, not so sure about wide reaching cartels though.

Are we talking about the same IRA? They'd curbstomp any Irish cartel, no matter how big. Your living in lala land if you think any different. They'd outgun any drugdealers, and would keep coming. Different ballpark completely. Sheer numbers alone. Plus far greater intel. To wipe them out, you'd have to head to Belfast. How are some dodgy looking southerns going to fair in hardened Republican areas chasing ghosts? Cartels are family led and if the pIRA know who they are hitting you'll be done eventually. A former corrupt superpower, with all their intelligence and firepower , couldn't wipe them out or weed their members out. Remember internment? Your letting recent dissident activity cloud your judgement. This is off topic, so I'll leave it there. Just thought the correlation of drug dealers before and after the gfa is interesting

32_4_1 wrote: »
    Are we talking about the same IRA? They'd curbstomp any Irish cartel, no matter how big. Your living in lala land if you think any different. They'd outgun any drugdealers, and would keep coming. Different ballpark completely. Sheer numbers alone. Plus far greater intel. To wipe them out, you'd have to head to Belfast. How are some dodgy looking southerns going to fair in hardened Republican areas chasing ghosts? Cartels are family led and if the pIRA know who they are hitting you'll be done eventually. A former corrupt superpower, with all their intelligence and firepower , couldn't wipe them out or weed their members out. Remember internment? Your letting recent dissident activity cloud your judgement. This is off topic, so I'll leave it there. Just thought the correlation of drug dealers before and after the gfa is interesting
    You are still living in the 70s lad!
    You forget they don't care about drug dealers that pay money.

That makes them worse than the dealers in my eyes!

Up the ra and and all that ****e!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

I think you give them too much credit!
    They aren't invincible and have their own families to worry about.
    They are brave when it comes to small time gangsters, not so sure about wide reaching cartels though.

What's next? A 200 page thesis on how the Kinahans would have survived in Spain during the era of Franco? or maybe we'll take it right back to the time of the Vikings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

If only we had some kind of organised police force type of thingy....to keep these gangsters...under control.

There may be some intelligent ones at the top but the lower and middle orders should drag the whole shebang down.

Lets say You/I were in business (a legit business ) with the most of these dudes do you think that they would make a go of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

With the amount of waffle on here and regurgitation of posts in this thread that filter out to the media, I'd say the Gardaí have asked for a list of active IP addresses on here..

Or maybe not :pac:...............

• Advertisement

You are still living in the 70s lad!
    You forget they don't care about drug dealers that pay money.

That makes them worse than the dealers in my eyes!

Up the ra and and all that ****e!

It's nothing to do with "up the RA". The change in the mentality of drug dealers is just interesting since the gfa. And I'm not living in the 70's, if they were about now it would be the same story. As an aside, how you think any Irish cartel could challenge the provos is staggering. Whether they are morally upstanding is irrelevant to the point. A lot to be said for the vacuum the IRA left in relation to what's happening today, whether you like it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

It's nothing to do with "up the RA". The change in the mentality of drug dealers is just interesting since the gfa. And I'm not living in the 70's, if they were about now it would be the same story. As an aside, how you think any Irish cartel could challenge the provos is staggering. Whether they are morally upstanding is irrelevant to the point. A lot to be said for the vacuum the IRA left

What was the final murder count for the RA? I'd say this lot have a bit of catching up left to do

The original PIRA would of wiped these stupid dicks out in a flash, now in their late 60's and 70's, these guys were the most feared by the CIA at one stage because nobody knew who they were?, these new saps are in their 20's and full of it, taking the name of the RA doesn't mean you are the RA.

To associate them with the war in the north is ridiculous

In not talking about dissidents. Im talking about the actual pIRA if they continued, with new recruits etc. It's hypothetical I know, but my original question is, would all this be happening if they were still around and never decommissioned?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

IRA have more informers than every criminal gang added up they cant take a piss without getting caught whens the last time they done anything? times have changed they are nigh on irrelevant now,I remember proper republicans real anti drug people keeping the area clean when I grew up in town,now you'd probably find them selling the stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Out of curiosity, was Alan Ryans murder ever avenged?

• Advertisement

In not talking about dissidents. Im talking about the actual pIRA if they continued, with new recruits etc. It's hypothetical I know, but my original question is, would all this be happening if they were still around and never decommissioned?

If the original IRA were around, this rubbish would't have got off the ground, the PIRA were Guerrilla warfare experts, you're now dealing with kids, kids in their 20's calling themselves the RA.

Allyall wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, was Alan Byrnes murder ever avenged?

Alan Ryan I presume your refering to,threats were made same with his brothers murder and friends murdered nothing done in reply bar the shooting of old criminal boss eamon kelly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

Why is Gerry Hutch even called The Monk when hes a heavy drinker ?

http://www.herald.ie/news/hutchs-drunken-bender-in-city-34747363.html
    Hutch's drunken bender in city

Terrified pub owner asks gang kingpin to leave over fears of Kinahan gun attack

Ken Foy – 26 May 2016 02:30 AM
    Ireland's number one gangland target Gerry Hutch was drunk as a 'Monk' when he went on a bizarre solo pub bender last week.

The Herald has learnt that Hutch stumbled into a respected north inner city pub where he was refused service by staff who were terrified he might draw hitmen to the premises.

Gamebred wrote: »
    IRA have more informers than every criminal gang added up they cant take a piss without getting caught whens the last time they done anything? times have changed they are nigh on irrelevant now,I remember proper republicans real anti drug people keeping the area clean when I grew up in town,now you'd probably find them selling the stuff.

The IRA aren't around anymore. Im not talking about dissidents. I just posed the question, if the actual pIRA were still around, would this be happening? Or would these drugdealers have crossed them and been wiped out by this stage? People gave out about the pira, but at the same time are outraged by those now dealing without fear in their absence. Would people hypotherically take them back to keep the streets clean of drugdealers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

The IRA aren't around anymore. Im not talking about dissidents. I just posed the question, if the actual pIRA were still around, would this be happening? Or would these drugdealers have crossed them and been wiped out by this stage? People gave out about the pira, but at the same time are outraged by those now dealing without fear in their absence. Would people hypotherically take them back to keep the streets clean of drugdealers?

The IRA were involved in drugs since the 1970s they needed that money to fund their operations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_McCann_%28drugs_trafficker%29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Alan Ryan I presume your refering to,threats were made same with his brothers murder and friends murdered nothing done in reply bar the shooting of old criminal boss eamon kelly.

Yep, meant Alan Ryan. :)

Simon2015 wrote: »
    The IRA were involved in drugs since the 1970s they needed that money to fund their operations.

So were the UVF, UDA and the UFF, rampent up the north now, the UVF income is from drugs, look it up online, I'm not bothered posting links, Johhny Adare shot his own son in the leg, it's on youtube.

Well better the devil you know.... he'd be an exception I would have thought, if not, would they be preferential to keeping the place clean from all these new guys?

The greed would've got the better of them no doubt and profitted from drugs eventually when leadership got into certain hands would be my guess,which as somebody says makes them worse than drug dealers by taxing the said dealers and hiding behind a supposed anti drug organisation all to line their own pockets,

Anyways its gone way off topic.

If the original IRA were around, this rubbish would't have got off the ground.

Sorry missed this. Ye, kind of what I was trying to get at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Wouldn't be so confident of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Doubt Kinahan and Mr. Big would pay up tbh

Can I ask , why is it ok to name Kinihan and not "Mr Big"?
    Genuine question.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Genuine question.

It's not published or documented anywhere. Any name would then be speculation.

Genuine question.

One has convictions,the other doesnt....yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

anthonyos wrote: »
    Who is mr big can someone pm me ..

I think he's from Coolock, his mot is a journo, writes under the name Carrie Bradshaw, her real name is Sarah or Jessica Parker. Think she's from around Smithfield, they met at the horse market there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Guys, for those of us interested in the fued as it is can we curtail IRA talk? The fact is they are not involved. Only some dissidents links. Let's keep to the real story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Part of the story which is being overlooked here is the impact that Gardai policing of installation of water meters has had on trust and respect between communities and Gardai.

Trust and respect has been absolutely been OBLITERATED. Do not underestimate the impact of this. A serious, serious strategic mistake.

scopper wrote: »
    Guys, for those of us interested in the fued as it is can we curtail IRA talk? The fact is they are not involved. Only some dissidents links. Let's keep to the real story.

Dissadents are not the IRA, end of.

I concur.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Take the Provo chat to another thread guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Why not??

Surly the largest republican paramilitary organisation would be referred to as the IRA??

I'll attach this then we'll stop talking about the IRA. Remember where the Labour party came from......

I'll attach this then we'll stop talking about the IRA. Remember where the Labour party came from......

I like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Why not??

Surly the largest republican paramilitary organisation would be referred to as the IRA??

Not necessarily no.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Not necessarily no.

How is that?

Pira are effectively no more....do they want to copyright the name :pac:

• Advertisement

How is that?

Pira are effectively no more....do they want to copyright the name :pac:

Well some teenagers do, styling themselves as. The "New RA"

Horse manure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Well some teenagers do, styling themselves as. The "New RA"

Horse manure.
    Ah lads, stop the ra talk.Its like watchin keyboard tennis

In fairness, I only interjected because I thought the original reason for the growth of these drugdealers would have been of some interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

In fairness, I only interjected because I thought the original reason for the growth of these drugdealers would have been of some interest

ah sure it will kill the time till the next killing

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Boom_Bap wrote:
    It's not published or documented anywhere. Any name would then be speculation.

His name was published online and documented on various blogs....all just about as reliable as the words of crime writers in the papers,I'd guess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

That's the point. If they were hypothetically still around, and the cartels didn't pay up, would the pIRA have put an end to it, and none of this would be happening?
    Most of them are getting paychecks every month, some have harps on them, some have crowns, and some are getting both crown & harp cheques.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

myshirt wrote: »
    Part of the story which is being overlooked here is the impact that Gardai policing of installation of water meters has had on trust and respect between communities and Gardai.

Trust and respect has been absolutely been OBLITERATED. Do not underestimate the impact of this. A serious, serious strategic mistake.
    Sweet jesus. I've heard it all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

the hutch side is been wiped out because they linked up with NIRA members from dublin the gardai put all their manpower on to watching the main hutch and NIRA players while the rest of the available gardai set up checkpoints up outside the dublin based cartel members homes and some outside hutch linked gang members homes. But now with this new INLA group involved with the cartel side who would also be classed as dissidents the gardai will have to heavily monitor them which would stop a lot of the cartels killing and maybe allow the hutch side to strike back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You keep coming out with that ****e and not backing it up with anything. :D

This would still be happening if the provos were around provided the various players didn't cross the provos they would be left alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

FFS what a load of bollocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Yes, Richard Boyd Barrett and the AAA crowd have a lot to answer for. They had no problem organising protests stopping the lads trying to dig a few holes. I don't see them out now chanting "peaceful protest" at the lads carrying pistols and assault rifles.

Don't forget those blasted water meters give off cancer too!

Bambi wrote: »
    You keep coming out with that ****e and not backing it up with anything. :D

This would still be happening if the provos were around provided the various players didn't cross the provos they would be left alone.

And if the current heavyweights crossed them? If the northern leadership of the dissidents (although unlikely) turn their attention down south (including their many links abroad), what is their actual capacity in relation to the Kinahan cartel out of curiosity?

And if the current heavyweights crossed them? If the northern leadership of the dissidents (although unlikely) turn their attention down south (including their many links abroad), what is their actual capacity in relation to the Kinahan cartel out of curiosity?

Shut up already about the Northern Leadership!
    There's a bigger chance Gandalf could do something about them.
    Stay on topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Well the issue came up earlier in the thread as to the extent to which Michael Barr represented 'the northern leadership'. Seemingly not many 'senior republicans' attended his funeral, and AFAIK there has been no clear declaration of intent to seek revenge on the Kinahans by NIRA, so I'm wondering if the hook-up with the Hutches might have been a solo run, or 'deniable' fundraising operation on his part...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement