Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

They are all fairly close to each other.
    The north inner city is getting a real hammering lately with all these criminals.
    Honest , innocent people in the area must feel doomed!

Apparently the hutch side was shocked this guy did the hit as in their heads the argument wasnt all that big and could of been easily sorted. The other man that did the hits mother is a family friend to the hutch women and she convinced her son to hand himself in to the gardai as she knew he would be killed. But yea the north inner city is getting a bad hammering the cartels money is turning neighbours on one another the innocent people in the area are afraid to leave their homes id imagine not a place you would want your kids going out to play in at the minute

Apparently the hutch side was shocked this guy did the hit as in their heads the argument wasnt all that big and could of been easily sorted. The other man that did the hits mother is a family friend to the hutch women and she convinced her son to hand himself in to the gardai as she knew he would be killed. But yea the north inner city is getting a bad hammering the cartels money is turning neighbours on one another the innocent people in the area are afraid to leave their homes id imagine not a place you would want your kids going out to play in at the minute
    No I wouldn't!
    So it wasn't even a big feud?
    That makes me feel a bit more sympathetic to the murdered Gareth Hutch, already felt sympathy for his child!

tomofson wrote: »
    They are in hiding and haven't been seen around the Ballymun area in nearly 3 years, I know the fella who ordered it was mad mickey he was killed and dumped in tallaght, I know hes killer was northern Irish and a rogue republican I wonder if it could be Flatcap? Who was killed for sourcing the getaway car? I never heard of anyone being killed for that. I assume the gunman in jail on drugs charges is the clondalkin based nelly.
    I read nelly is responsible for a lot of murders!

They are in hiding and haven't been seen around the Ballymun area in nearly 3 years, I know the fella who ordered it was mad mickey he was killed and dumped in tallaght, I know hes killer was northern Irish and a rogue republican I wonder if it could be Flatcap? Who was killed for sourcing the getaway car? I never heard of anyone being killed for that. I assume the gunman in jail on drugs charges is the clondalkin based nelly.

yea mad mickey was the main fella involved in it. i heard there was an ex provo involved never heard much about him except he was meant to be from dundalk and flat cap is from strabane but you never know it could well be. john oregan was killed for sourcing the car some people say he was shot dead for damaging a criminals car but i believe myself it was for sourcing the getaway car. Them brothers could very well have been involved i just never heard anything about them but that doesnt mean they weren't involved. yea your assumption would be correct on the clondalkin based nelly wouldnt be the first hit hes done on a cartel member

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

yea mad mickey was the main fella involved in it. i heard there was an ex provo involved never heard much about him except he was meant to be from dundalk and flat cap is from strabane but you never know it could well be. john oregan was killed for sourcing the car some people say he was shot dead for damaging a criminals car but i believe myself it was for sourcing the getaway car. Them brothers could very well have been involved i just never heard anything about them but that doesnt mean they weren't involved. yea your assumption would be correct on the clondalkin based nelly wouldnt be the first hit hes done on a cartel member

The other individual nelly done the hit on was more an associate of the cartel then an actual member. I'm surprised hes still alive people years ago where saying he was dead walking, id say if he was out now he would of definitely teamed up with the Hutches since hes a major enemy of the cartel. Those two brothers where involved but their parts where only minor I'd say they made a deal with the cartel to get out of the area and they would be left alone. O'regan was shot over a sexual allegation from hes past I dont think it was anything to do with that attempted hit. I wonder when nelly is out.

No I wouldn't!
    So it wasn't even a big feud?
    That makes me feel a bit more sympathetic to the murdered Gareth Hutch, already felt sympathy for his child!

no it was just from an argument the night before arguments like that can happen in these areas a lot but are usually sorted out but i suspect the guy just took the opportunity to make some cash off it. The plan was made in a couple of hours to kill him and wasn't a pro hit at all the gardai have a strong case against them and there more than likely going to be offered a deal to rat on the cartel members that ordered it and the cartl know this to so the safest place for this guy still on the run would be in garda custody i suspect

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

no it was just from an argument the night before arguments like that can happen in these areas a lot but are usually sorted out but i suspect the guy just took the opportunity to make some cash off it. The plan was made in a couple of hours to kill him and wasn't a pro hit at all the gardai have a strong case against them and there more than likely going to be offered a deal to rat on the cartel members that ordered it and the cartl know this to so the safest place for this guy still on the run would be in garda custody i suspect

Problem being,the lads in charge fingerprints will be no where near it even if they did give the go ahead,not a prayer of catching them for anything,will never be within miles of their own shipments either when you have that money its easy to keep a clean record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

That's true!
    It seems to suggest that the guards fear the family are more of a threat to law and order at this moment in time, possibly because of disso involvement.

I think it's because the gardai can buy nicer things with kinahan money than hutch money

The other individual nelly done the hit on was more an associate of the cartel then an actual member. I'm surprised hes still alive people years ago where saying he was dead walking, id say if he was out now he would of definitely teamed up with the Hutches since hes a major enemy of the cartel. Those two brothers where involved but their parts where only minor I'd say they made a deal with the cartel to get out of the area and they would be left alone. O'regan was shot over a sexual allegation from hes past I dont think it was anything to do with that attempted hit. I wonder when nelly is out.

well there was two other hits connected to the cartel one survived one didnt, the one that didnt was a childhood friend of daniel kinahan and one of his main money launderers at the time apparently there was 100 grand put out on nelly after it. Yea id say he would be teaming up with them if he was out as the cartel want him dead so bad maybe hes friendly with them inside as it wouldnt be to safe for him in there either. I never heard about that sexual allegation before but people have been killed over them before. Dont have a clue when hes out but dont think its a major charge hes in on

genericguy wrote: »
    I think it's because the gardai can buy nicer things with kinahan money than hutch money

I hope that isn't true.

• Advertisement

Gamebred wrote: »
    Problem being,the lads in charge fingerprints will be no where near it even if they did give the go ahead,not a prayer of catching them for anything,will never be within miles of their own shipments either when you have that money its easy to keep a clean record.

yea but the guys who are caught could turn state witness happened in dublin and limerick before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

well there was two other hits connected to the cartel one survived one didnt, the one that didnt was a childhood friend of daniel kinahan and one of his main money launderers at the time apparently there was 100 grand put out on nelly after it. Yea id say he would be teaming up with them if he was out as the cartel want him dead so bad maybe hes friendly with them inside as it wouldnt be to safe for him in there either. I never heard about that sexual allegation before but people have been killed over them before. Dont have a clue when hes out but dont think its a major charge hes in on

Hes been in there well over a year now so could be out anytime. Yes that was the story going around when o'regan was killed was that it was over a sexual allegation made against him. The individual who is in custody do you know hes name its not the same individual with the surname as the two brothers is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

In fairness that's a real scumbag comment.
    They must have caught you for something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭...And Justice

I hope that isn't true.

It was true when they wanted rid of the general, so.......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Be interesting to see if charges come here, theres alot of talk also saying he was not involved and thats why he handed himself in because he wanted to clear his name.I think the guy in custody may be innocent but the Guards are putting it out there on street and media he done it.

Apparently his mothers house was raided and they were looking for him in connection with it. He handed himself in because he is denying involvement trying to clear his name. Why would someone who was involved hand themselves in, hours later? It doesnt make sense. Weeks, months or years later maybe but not that soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

I wonder when nelly is out.

not yet anyway, his facebook is a tad barren these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

Does Kinahans suppose new gang boss for north inner city still reside there I know he has a least 3 different addresses?

Be interesting to see if charges come here, theres alot of talk also saying he was not involved and thats why he handed himself in because he wanted to clear his name.I think the guy in custody may be innocent but the Guards are putting it out there on street and media he done it.

Apparently his mothers house was raided and they were looking for him in connection with it. He handed himself in because he is denying involvement trying to clear his name. Why would someone who was involved hand themselves in, hours later? It doesnt make sense. Weeks, months or years later maybe but not that soon.
    I believe that too.
    From what I read online the guy who some think handed himself in would be 30, but the guy who handed himself in was 29.
    Can't be same person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I think people are very naive when it comes to what Gardai are capable of

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I believe that too.
    From what I read online the guy who some think handed himself in would be 30, but the guy who handed himself in was 29.
    Can't be same person.

Maybe he had his birthday in the mean time....

Hes been in there well over a year now so could be out anytime. Yes that was the story going around when o'regan was killed was that it was over a sexual allegation made against him. The individual who is in custody do you know hes name its not the same individual with the surname as the two brothers is it?

as far as i know the guy with the same surname as the brothers is on the run dont know the other guys name

I hope that isn't true.

They've a shocking consistent habit of looking under the wrong couch when the hutches get shot.

FixitFelix wrote: »

i agree in my opinion there are a few taking cartel money somewhere down the line

I see Gardai and the Justice department are planning to set up a mini CAB to just target people in the North Inner City, and that new Gangland legislation will only be used against the Hutch side

I think there is a state agenda at work here that is becoming clearer. Soon they will be arresting people for daring to be shot lol

yea but the guys who are caught could turn state witness happened in dublin and limerick before

Dan and the boys have people even making the phone calls for them,wont get a sniff of them up to anything,the only way they go down is a high ranking criminal that knows their organisation gets caught and turns informant,its the only way they are getting brought down and I cant see it happening soon.

• Advertisement

Nope I'm not involved in crime at all. I am well educated, work hard for money, to pay loads of tax to house people who don't feel like working, god bless them, and I happen to be cynical about our useless, sham of a police force.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The Monk should just get them all to the Canaries. I'm sure he is loaded.

Imagine leaving your close family in inner City Dublin open to being murdered. And he wore a wig at someone's funeral recently.

I can't believe that so many of the Hutches are living in the flats. But maybe they felt safe there (sorry that didn't work out did it), and are not living the high life off the uncle.

So much for family loyalty and solidarity. huh.

Probably more internecine strife than with the Kinahans.

Jeezus it's worse than Marseille or Sicily now.

The Monk should just get them all to the Canaries. I'm sure he is loaded.

Imagine leaving your close family in inner City Dublin open to being murdered. And he wore a wig at someone's funeral recently.

I can't believe that so many of the Hutches are living in the flats. But maybe they felt safe there (sorry that didn't work out did it), and are not living the high life off the uncle.

So much for family loyalty and solidarity. huh.

Probably more internecine strife than with the Kinahans.

Jeezus it's worse than Marseille or Sicily now.

At the end of the day they'll only save their own arses

Nope I'm not involved in crime at all. I am well educated, work hard for money, to pay loads of tax to house people who don't feel like working, god bless them, and I happen to be cynical about our useless, sham of a police force.

So all 9 thousand of them are on the take? :confused::confused:
    I heard the locals on the radio today praising the efforts of the garda on the ground.

I see Gardai and the Justice department are planning to set up a mini CAB to just target people in the North Inner City, and that new Gangland legislation will only be used against the Hutch side

I think there is a state agenda at work here that is becoming clearer. Soon they will be arresting people for daring to be shot lol

Yup it's a political hotcake, it's easier to get rid of the easy targets in the north inner city than try to go after an international gang.

• Advertisement

Dan and the boys have people even making the phone calls for them,wont get a sniff of them up to anything,the only way they go down is a high ranking criminal that knows their organisation gets caught and turns informant,its the only way they are getting brought down and I cant see it happening soon.

yea dan and that do but somebody had to tell these lads there was a price on gareths head and thats who they could give up still a few high ranking members around crumlin who could be worried

I heard the locals on the radio today praising the efforts of the garda on the ground.

Sorry sergeant i didn't mean to offend you. Look up occam's razor.

Of course but i refuse to believe that it involves more than a few bad apples. I have had great work done on a few reports I made over the years.

Don't think he said all of them

Obviously not, like any organisation, the lads on the front line know fcukall, the guys at the top direct them.

Not really any wonder the whole week in the Dail there has been numerous stories and allegations of corruption, and one TD Martin Kenny yesterday was saying how they are using Informants who are not properly on the system to entrap people they want to arrest

Sorry sergeant i didn't mean to offend you. Look up occam's razor.

Oh i'm a garda now. I was a Luas driver a while back and a teacher before that.
    I hope i get all the pensions :pac:

Don't think he said all of them

I think there's a few lads here getting their jollies from behind a computer.

At the end of the day they'll only save their own arses

Sad though, and the Monk lives on while the rest of his family are slaughtered.

Terrible.

Anyway, if those flats were in private ownership they would be worth a fortune. These people don't know how lucky they are to be living in the city centre and paying small enough rent, or maybe none.

I'm sick of it all now. Sorry folks.

Terrible.

Anyway, if those flats were in private ownership they would be worth a fortune. These people don't know how lucky they are to be living in the city centre and paying small enough rent, or maybe none.

I wouldn't call them lucky

• Advertisement

Oh i'm a garda now. I was a Luas driver a while back and a teacher before that.
    I hope i get all the pensions :pac:

I think the point is, that they wanted rid of the general back in the 90's, because he was making a fool out of the government and the gardai.

Same situation now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Terrible.

Yeah, "lucky".... :confused:

I wouldn't call them lucky

You make your own luck.

They have a wealthy uncle (or whatever relation) and he abandoned them and they are being murdered one by one.

They need to ask him why. Or maybe the uncle knows already. But he is no angel either I would imagine. Although he appears to be, having paid the CAB back for the robbery of millions.

Like paying taxes, you will be left with at least half anyway. LOL.

I think the point is, that they wanted rid of the general back in the 90's, because he was making a fool out of the government and the gardai.

Same situation now.

I believe that some of those murdered were not even involved in crime or part of this feud so how could anyone predict who was next to be shot?

Not into the conspiracies at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭Benevolent Misanthrope

Allyall wrote: »
    Yeah, "lucky".... :confused:
    Well, I suppose they would be lucky with the location if the people living there weren't...the most vulnerable in society, I think the term is?

I'd be off to the Relieving Officer for the money for flight out to Estonia or somewhere other than Inner City Dublin at this stage.

But the Monk could probably pay for ALL his relatives in the inner city to get out.

Why doesn't he? That is the question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

You make your own luck.

They have a wealthy uncle (or whatever relation) and he abandoned them and they are being murdered one by one.

They need to ask him why. Or maybe the uncle knows already. But he is no angel either I would imagine. Although he appears to be, having paid the CAB back for the robbery of millions.

Like paying taxes, you will be left with at least half anyway. LOL.

I think the monk is loaded but I wouldn't think he is that loaded to pull all his targeted relatives out!

The way people are going on you'd swear the family is getting wiped out innocents included,fantasy stuff those shot were not randomly murdered because they are Hutchs.

The way people are going on you'd swear the family is getting wiped out innocents included,fantasy stuff those shot were not randomly murdered because they are Hutchs.

i think eddie hutch was from what i hear i certain person from crumlin is enraged his brother was killed and is adamant hes going to put the hutch family through hell, hes supposed to be an egotistical phsycopath and wont stop untill theres none left

• Advertisement

I think the monk is loaded but I wouldn't think he is that loaded to pull all his targeted relatives out!

I don't think he wants to.

But he could if he wanted to. Life is cheap in the Canaries.

It's even cheaper when your are murdered for being a cousin or a brother in Dublin though.

Very sad and a bit scary if you ask me.

They are all ruthless bstards anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement