Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Contributor 2013

dinorebel wrote: »
    I'm guessing irony passes you by.

Nope just annoys me, that we are facing such a real issue and certain people feel there's even a space for "irony"

Makes me almost sick actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

oh so quiet now.

keyboard warriors.

Give you the real option > actually dio something

you all want to hypothesize why it cant be done; rather than look sta the reality > as the drug dealers do

1) more of us than there is of guards
    2) we can control our area better than the under staffed and under funded guards
    3) we the people are actually a bigger and better collective than the scrotes and scumbags who deal drugs.

Wake up Eire.

Have a look at cartel land on Netflix and that's how your idea will end up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Ok. I'm fúcking tired of this shít.

Who is up for starting a "Group" who have access to firearms and scumbags locations and putting an end to this?

I am.

Everyone seems to know who these drug dealing>family ruining> scrotes are, and yet we sit here and type about it?

Or should we wait until the next person/father/son/brother/uncle is killed in a case of "mistaken identity"!?!?

These criminals have so much access to fire arms > cannot believe us citizens don't have access to the same if not more - if the government/guards aren't willing to put an end to this, why aren't we?

Will they arrest us? For stopping scumbags from endangering our families?

Who is trying to board and who is travelling, MAKE YOURSELVES KNOWN.

1916 we were facing a country. 2016 we are facing a small amount of drug dealing scumbags? Can we as people not come together an beat this!? Really?

A better idea would be to join the Gardaí but even there your more interested in smashing skulls then intervening in feuds. In a lot of these cases the Gardaí have to act as intermediaries among the various Hutches & Kinahan's out there. They serve as parole officers in some cases preventing the criminals from whacking each other out for the most part.

shane. wrote: »
    Have a look at cartel land on Netflix and that's how your idea will end up...

I watched that when it came out.

Again, our population ALMOST 3 mil

Americas Oretty much 160mil.

#wakeupEIRE

Apologies "almost 1 mil" (Dublin)

America's population of their southern border?

Ok actually this point is mute. Moving on.

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    A better idea would be to join the Gardaí but even there your more interested in smashing skulls then intervening in feuds. In a lot of these cases the Gardaí have to act as intermediaries among the various Hutches & Kinahan's out there. They serve as parole officers in some cases preventing the criminals from whacking each other out for the most part.

Is it still a better idea to join the Gardai?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Look up the CPAD and COCAD movements in the late 80's and 90's. The Gardai targeted the people marching on the drug dealers rather than the dealers.

They labelled these movements as a front the Ra in order to target the marchers and arrested innocent people for membership offences. They regularly obtained warrants and turned their houses upside down as acts of intimidation. The vast majority as in easily in excess of 9/10 were ordinary residents. Although the presence of republicans meant the dealers didn't target the marchers.

The Gardai in Dublin have placed a ring of steel around the Kinahan/Byrne/Thompson/Roe gang. Constant checkpoints outside their houses. They have left the Hutches completely wide open without protection. The suspicion in Dublin is that the Gardai have spent so long trying to pin anything on Gerry Hutch without success is now they have a chance to let others do their dirty work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

These scroats are being protected by the local community who will swear blind that these are 'decent' people getting shot when a microphone is shoved in front of their gob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Sure, wait until one of your extended family is killed by mistake because he is wearing the same jacket as a target.

We're not facing anything> besides more risk of our children becoming involved. Nothing at all so.

I have had a cousin shot dead as part of a gangland feud. Was he innocent? No. He was up to his neck in it. It didn't stop me being upset about it though. He was still my cousin.

Listen chap, you might feel strongly about the issue, but when you wake up in the morning hungover and read what you posted the night before, you're going to be mortified.

• Advertisement

Hannibal wrote: »
    Look up the CPAD and COCAD movements in the late 80's and 90's. The Gardai targeted the people marching on the drug dealers rather than the dealers.

They labelled these movements as a front the Ra in order to target the marchers and arrested innocent people for membership offences. They regularly obtained warrants and turned their houses upside down as acts of intimidation. The vast majority as in easily in excess of 9/10 were ordinary residents. Although the presence of republicans meant the dealers didn't target the marchers.

The Gardai in Dublin have placed a ring of steel around the Kinahan/Byrne/Thompson/Roe gang. Constant checkpoints outside their houses. They have left the Hutches completely wide open without protection. The suspicion in Dublin is that the Gardai have spent so long trying to pin anything on Gerry Hutch without success is now they have a chance to let others do their dirty work.

Grand so let US (the tax paying law abiding people of this nation) be "others"

Once we've finished there, there will only be one left so, then we as "others" can deal with them?

pablo128 wrote: »
    I have had a cousin shot dead as part of a gangland feud. Was he innocent? No. He was up to his neck in it. It didn't stop me being upset about it though. He was still my cousin.

Listen chap, you might feel strongly about the issue, but when you wake up in the morning hungover and read what you posted the night before, you're going to be mortified.

Why?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

I wonder with all the recent murders has it made recreational drug users think twice before they buy drugs ? or do they even make the connection between their drug use and the violence on our streets ?

Simon2015 wrote: »
    I wonder with all the recent murders has it made recreational drug users think twice before they buy drugs ? or do they even made the connection between their drug use and the violence on our streets ?

again, recreational drug users, as harmless as they are,...our cousins, brothers, uncles aunts sisters,...who's to say they wont be the enxt mistaken identity story on RTE news at 10?

"Sure they were walking with your mans wife, and they missed, it's ok though, cos your mans wife doesn't deserve to have friends..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Why?

Because you are posting mad crazy vigilante stuff with no intention of doing jack sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

oh so quiet now.

keyboard warriors.

you all want to hypothesize why it cant be done; rather than look sta the reality > as the drug dealers do

2) we can control our area better than the under staffed and under funded guards
    3) we the people are actually a bigger and better collective than the scrotes and scumbags who deal drugs.

Wake up Eire.

Still stuck in your fantasy world I see.

pablo128 wrote: »
    Because you are posting mad crazy vigilante stuff with no intention of doing jack sh1t.

Obviously I have no intentions of even posting again, going on your presumption/assumption so.

Perhaps not even breathing. ??

At first I had 4 faces. 1) the government 2) the guards 3) the dealers 4) the users

Then I realized, if none of them are doing anything about it, who is left?

Yea that is YOU and ME. Do something outside of typing endlessly or stfu.

Organize; realize - it's as much up to you - trying to keep your kids away from drugs as it is up to you to try and stop those same drugs form being on the street.

1916 Eire prevailed against a nation 4 times it's size.

2016 we cant stamp out a few junkie drug dealers? REALLY!?

Eíre wake up, let's make a stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

At first I had 4 faces. 1) the government 2) the guards 3) the dealers 4) the users

Organize; realize - it's as much up to you - trying to keep your kids away from drugs as it is up to you to try and stop those same drugs form being on the street.

I really hope your drunk!!Pace yourself.

• Advertisement

I really hope your drunk!!Pace yourself.

I bet you do, because it would be so much easier for you to understand how easy it would be, if we as community actually took a stand to eliminate the one massive issue that does and will effect us all for the next 100 years.

They (the cartels/dealers) are few

We (the tax paying law abiding) are many.

Yet we let them infect and effect our community so easily without even a fight?

Like I said i'm so fúcking sick of this shít.

Without taking actions as a community where are we going to get results from?

The same structures/methods/administrations* that are in place which seem to be allowing murders on the street and have been for how long?

Think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

The country is full of gangs north to south of all different wares or business dealings but by far the drugs gangs are the most powerful of all the different IRA's or group's.

Me, you can others can only try to get our government to see the drugs policy as is hasn't worked since the 70s a different approach needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,283 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Without taking actions as a community where are we going to get results from?

The same structures/methods/administrations* that are in place which seem to be allowing murders on the street and have been for how long?

Think about it.

Sure go ahead and organise a meeting in your own community. If you can't convince your own community (I assume that consists of people who know you and your abilities) to join you, then you're going to have a tough time convincing anonymous posters on an anonymous forum when you yourself are anonymous.

Let us know how it pans out. When you have all the crime sorted out in Dublin, I heard there's a shower of rowdy hooligans over in Syria that would do with a few sharp belts of a wooden spoon to their collective arses.

Best of luck to you!

"eire"

ruh-roh

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Biggins, is that you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

I've been silently enjoying this thread for some time now, occasionally tangents aside. However, Contributor 2013's fantasist rambling over the past number of pages has really dragged the thread down.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

bugler wrote: »
    I've been silently enjoying this thread for some time now, occasionally tangents aside. However, Contributor 2013's fantasist rambling over the past number of pages has really dragged the thread down.

Don't worry, he'll be sobering up soon.
    Eh, hopefully.

oh so quiet now.

keyboard warriors.

Wake up Eire.

Alan Ryan is that you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

A 29 year old man has been charged with the murder of Michael Barr. Due in court later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Sid + Peasants of Valencia: We will march and we'll fight
    For the cause of good and right
    Sid: Though the odds of us surviving
    Are ridiculously slight
    Sid + Peasants of Valencia: And we'll stand proud and tall
    Sid: 'Till they come to kill us all
    Then we'll beg and plead and soil ourselves
    As one by one we fall

Some they'll slash, some they'll hack
    Some they'll bludgeon blue and black
    Some they'll gut from top to bottom
    Some they'll mangle front to back

And we'll all realize
    As they're gouging out our eyes
    That tomorrow we'll regret it
    But today we rise!

And our corpses will rot on the plain
    Leaving only a gross, bloody stain
    Then the world, it will see
    As will all of history
    Sid + Peasants of Valencia: We had truth on our side
    Sid: But we still died in vain

And the brave and lucky few
    Who will somehow make it through
    Scarred for life and missing limbs
    And need help to pee and poo

They can stand 'neath these skies
    Begging change from passerbys
    Is it hopeless, yep you said it
    We might as well forget it
    Tomorrow we'll regret it
    But today we rise!

Oh my God, will we regret it
    But today we rise!

Not so tough now are. We're going to tear this castle down! Right everybody! I said right everybody!

*birds chirping*

Tell me, why do musicals always get me so worked up?

Musical interlude aside, what you appear to be advocating is another gang of thugs to go around (armed, mind you), shooting anyone who falls under the nebulous definition of "scrote". As a matter of interest, where is your intelligence going to come from (since not much is being displayed in your posts so far). Sure, the man down the pub told me that Jimmy was seen dealing to teenagers on the corner. Let's go deal with him, boys!

"Well, Garda, I'm really sorry we beat that guy to death, but he did look like a Kinehan. It was a case of mistaken identit-oh damn."

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Cazale wrote: »
    A 29 year old man has been charged with the murder of Michael Barr. Due in court later today.

Aaaaaaand were back on track.

It'll start to make a lot more sense when\if the people that have recently been arrested start getting charged as then the names will be released. It should start clearing up the speculations and rumours....I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Ok. I'm fúcking tired of this shít.

Who is up for starting a "Group" who have access to firearms and scumbags locations and putting an end to this?

I am.

Everyone seems to know who these drug dealing>family ruining> scrotes are, and yet we sit here and type about it?

Or should we wait until the next person/father/son/brother/uncle is killed in a case of "mistaken identity"!?!?

These criminals have so much access to fire arms > cannot believe us citizens don't have access to the same if not more - if the government/guards aren't willing to put an end to this, why aren't we?

Who is trying to board and who is travelling, MAKE YOURSELVES KNOWN.

1916 we were facing a country. 2016 we are facing a small amount of drug dealing scumbags? Can we as people not come together an beat this!? Really?

Do we meet inside the GPO? And can I be Thomas McDonagh?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Latest on Dowdall is its the alleged offence is indeed over the motorbike dispute. Apparently a USB key was found during the raid on his house with a video on it of him and the old man allegedly shaving the Done Deal con man/fraudster's head and pushing his face into water.

Also the court reports say they are charged with possession of “what appeared to be a sawn-off shotgun and a .44 calibre Magnum revolver”. This would indicate that these weapons were never found or possibly witnessed, instead they may have just appeared to be in the video recording, as terminology like "appeared to be" suggests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,232 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

bugler wrote: »

While I agree that 2013's 'rising of the moon' approach is daft he does have some point. There is a danger here of the Kinihan mob setting up a situation similar to what you see in some eastern European countries like Bulgaria and Latvia where the local mafia control whole areas and inflict misery and fear throughout the community. Also the attempts by some TD's and journalists to undermine our police force and limit what they can and cannot do plays right into the hands of these mafia types.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

While I agree that 2013's 'rising of the moon' approach is daft he does have some point. There is a danger here of the Kinihan mob setting up a situation similar to what you see in some eastern European countries like Bulgaria and Latvia where the local mafia control whole areas and inflict misery and fear throughout the community. Also the attempts by some TD's and journalists to undermine our police force and limit what they can and cannot do plays right into the hands of these mafia types.

There are two Mafias in Ireland then, the Gangs and the Politicians.
    I don't know which one I fear most.

Cazale wrote: »
    In the court at the minute.

On another note it appears the Sunset House is closed down for good now? Hasnt reopened and been painted over

Eamonn Cumberton, from Mountjoy Street in Dublin, was charged with the murder of Michael Barr who was shot dead at the Sunset House Pub on 25 April.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0529/791749-michael-barr/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

I'm very suprised we haven't seen an attempts on lives in Europe on the heavies on both gangs as of yet

Surely there's less police around the place on the Costa and other places lads are staying then there is in dublin at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Eamonn Cumberton, from Mountjoy Street in Dublin, was charged with the murder of Michael Barr who was shot dead at the Sunset House Pub on 25 April.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0529/791749-michael-barr/

is that a name that was expected?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

He has previous,stabbed a man to death in mount joy park years ago,also had been running a gym teaching kids martial arts in phibsboro lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Perhaps not even breathing. ??

Oh god, how embarrassing :p

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    is that a name that was expected?

He would of been known around the inner city but I dont think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Not expected at all.

Cumberton has form, of course, but not exactly some kind of well-known gun for hire.

• Advertisement

scopper wrote: »
    Not expected at all.

Cumberton has form, of course, but not exactly some kind of well-known gun for hire.

I'd say he's just a fall guy, either that or the fella who handed himself in a few days ago is given up quite a few names and has the inside track on a lot of hits.

tomofson wrote: »
    I'd say he's just a fall guy, either that or the fella who handed himself in a few days ago is given up quite a few names and has the inside track on a lot of hits.

He has killed before. I would not be surprised that he could be paid a few grand to do it again. I doubt he is a fall guy. Just not an experienced hand meaning they are just putting it out there for anyone to have a go.

He has killed before. I would not be surprised that he could be paid a few grand to do it again. I doubt he is a fall guy. Just not an experienced hand meaning they are just putting it out there for anyone to have a go.

He killed before in a drunken fight when he was 15 nowhere near a pro killer nor was that killing premeditated.

tomofson wrote: »
    He killed before in a drunken fight when he was 15 nowhere near a pro killer nor was that killing premeditated.

Yeah, and every hitman would have a first hit so in a sense he was ahead of some. I mean more I can see him not being the top to feel too much guilt over such things.

Yeah, and every hitman would have a first hit so in a sense he was ahead of some. I mean more I can see him not being the top to feel too much guilt over such things.

Your imagination is pretty far fetched if you think that drunken killing was a "hit" I dont believe he is a hitman.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement