Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

The owner of the gym he was involved with is in with the crumlin crew,no surprise he got involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

tomofson wrote: »
    Your imagination is pretty far fetched if you think that drunken killing was a "hit" I dont believe he is a hitman.

I don't think it was a hit! I said he has form for killing. He's the sort if you get me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

Four years is all he got for stabbing that man to death ,what a joke.
    If all these boyo s have been got proper sentencing years ago for their 50 to 200 convictions we wouldn't have this problem.
    As far as I am concerned the blame lies with the past governments and the Judiciary.
    They are to blame with their revolving door policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Gamebred wrote: »
    The owner of the gym he was involved with is in with the crumlin crew,no surprise he got involved.

Offer legal aid because he has no source of income. Must have been working for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

bigroad wrote: »
    Four years is all he got for stabbing that man to death ,what a joke.
    If all these boyo s have been got proper sentencing years ago for their 50 to 200 convictions we wouldn't have this problem.
    As far as I am concerned the blame lies with the past governments and the Judiciary.
    They are to blame with their revolving door policy.

To be fair it would of being pretty harsh to throw away the key given the circumstances of that particular killing. Most people with that many convictions would be very petty criminals and not to good at what they do I can guarantee nobody has 50 serious convictions.

He was jailed at the age of 16 for "assault causing harm" to a man who was stabbed at a house party back in 2002, by the looks of things that person did not die despite being stabbed in the heart. So he was not a previous killer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

Eamonn Cumberton is mentioned in this post from 2008: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055300061

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

511 wrote: »
    Eamonn Cumberton is mentioned in this post from 2008: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055300061

Was Kickboxer and MMA fighter. Theres a pic of him with Conor McGregor there.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Innercityjoe

And so the plot thickens...... Cumberton who's best mates with the 2 main suspects for Gareth hutch murder(who handed himself in) shoots dissident republican Barr???? So now we go from the hutch/kinahan feud to inla taking out dissident republicans............

He was jailed at the age of 16 for "assault causing harm" to a man who was stabbed at a house party back in 2002, by the looks of things that person did not die despite being stabbed in the heart. So he was not a previous killer.
    Just being pedantic here but it was assault causing serious harm . Wouldnt get a section 3 for stabbing someone in the heart, 16 year old or not!

But I did see this mentioned on a recent article about an alleged hitman who got away with with stabbing someone to death while a teenager, which would indicate the man did indeed die. I would assume 99% of people would die getting stabbed in the heart!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

And so the plot thickens...... Cumberton who's best mates with the 2 main suspects for Gareth hutch murder(who handed himself in) shoots dissident republican Barr???? So now we go from the hutch/kinahan feud to inla taking out dissident republicans............

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here as you "might" be new, but don't speculate on peoples identities using initials, as per mod post at the start of the thread.

True, my bad, retracted.

Here he is in an MMA fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAnzag2yyOE

Another of the INLAs main men was arrested in relation to to the murder of Fat Andy Connors during the week Is still in custody it seems.
    Named in the Sunday World today. Seems to be alot of heat on them now, they are appear to be reckless and unorganised. If there is much of a grouping left now that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Another of the INLAs main men was arrested in relation to to the murder of Fat Andy Connors during the week Is still in custody it seems.
    Named in the Sunday World today. Seems to be alot of heat on them now, they are appear to be reckless and unorganised. If there is much of a grouping left now that is.

What do they even exist for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Guess which picture is going to appear in all of the rags during the week.. :(

Allyall wrote: »
    The one with McG !

JustTheOne wrote: »
    What do they even exist for?

I think they are just a bunch of rogue ex INLA's who for what ever reason cant or wont come back to society and work normal jobs, and just using this stuff as income. With most of their criminal and dissident histories wouldnt be too easy to go back to being an average Joe. And the INLA never got a retirement pension like alot of Provos did lol

Mostly just doing protection, security stuff, some extortion apparently but obviously that has escalated. I wouldnt even say they are much of anything probably a group of guys loosely associated with each other. 3-4 of them have been arrested this week alone and one on the run. Im sure some still do the IRSP pickets as they were ex Prisoners, but that doesn't put bread on the table !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

I think they are just a bunch of rogue ex INLA's who for what ever reason cant or wont come back to society and work normal jobs, and just using this stuff as income. With most of their criminal and dissident histories wouldnt be too easy to go back to being an average Joe. And the INLA never got a retirement pension like alot of Provos did lol

Mostly just doing protection, security stuff, some extortion apparently but obviously that has escalated. I wouldnt even say they are much of anything probably a group of guys loosely associated with each other. 3-4 of them have been arrested this week alone and one on the run. Im sure some still do the IRSP pickets as they were ex Prisoners, but that doesn't put bread on the table !

Was there a good few caught few years ago including a girl from trinity?

Or did I imagine that.

• Advertisement

Intent is just as bad!

Intent is just as bad!

I don't think their was any intent just a moment of drunken madness. And no intent isn't even nearly as bad as actual murder, morally yes but it doesn't cause nearly as much heartache.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

the mirror are reporting that flatcap stayed in the regency hotel the night before the shooting and that gardai are closing in on him

www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/regency-hotel-shooting-gardai-closing-8074249

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Who wanted Fat Andy dead?

JustTheOne wrote: »
    Was there a good few caught few years ago including a girl from trinity?

Or did I imagine that.

I think she was in Eirigi! Im not sure what group they were/are with but they were charged with IRA membership trying to buy guns. I think may be unalligned, but not INLA anyway. Bit ridiculous how many groups of these there are!

inla supposedly for not paying protection money

• Advertisement

but not the new inla a tallaght based inla group

Thought it was over something else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,283 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

scopper wrote: »
    Allyall wrote: »
    The one with McG !

This appears to be a video of them having a hugging match back in the day

Thought it was over something else

theres a few rumours flying around but they all centre on the tallaght based inla is the thing your talking about got to do with a cash dispute with a well known business mans family?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Just Googled him as well.

He was done for stabbing someone in the heart. Court case in 2003.

Also involved in rioting in St Patricks institution in 2006.

Hopefully he's locked up for a very very long time.

• Advertisement

theres a few rumours flying around but they all centre on the tallaght based inla is the thing your talking about got to do with a cash dispute with a well known business mans family?

That would be it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Augme

micar wrote: »

Might be best to find out if he's guilty or not first.

I don't think their was any intent just a moment of drunken madness. And no intent isn't even nearly as bad as actual murder, morally yes but it doesn't cause nearly as much heartache.

Ah yeah I suppose he was drunk, we've all tried stabbing people for the laugh without meaning to kill them!

That would be it

interestingly enough after duggan was killed the media ran a few stories claiming one of the hutches held a secret meeting in a pub with this tallaght based inla man in the hope of joining up against the cartel since his inla crew have clashed with fat freddies crew in crumlin a few times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I'm not in favour of wasting taxpayers' cash trying to resolve this type of rubbish.

yeah the rumours were some sort of debt or cash dispute, with a businessman under protection from INLA

Connors was millionaire apparently from traveller gang robbing houses in rural areas and scamming Old people. So probably had many enemies anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

micar wrote: »

Augme wrote: »
    Might be best to find out if he's guilty or not first.

You're right.

If he's found guilty, I hope he's locked up for a very very long time

interestingly enough after duggan was killed the media ran a few stories claiming one of the hutches held a secret meeting in a pub with this tallaght based inla man in the hope of joining up against the cartel since his inla crew have clashed with fat freddies crew in crumlin a few times

Heard that they must have opted to stay out of it. Whacker Duffy was in a feud with Freddie a few years back, not sure what happened there, Duffy has been in and out of jail and his old crew seems to have broken up mostly. Now they are in different leagues really compared to Crumlin guys

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

You can literally put the whole picture together if you visit the fb page of the bomber suspected of murdering gareth hutch,they are all there posing with the inla crew who are before the courts in limerick this week alongside cumberton who is accused of shooting barr,they are so brazen its hilarious,

Looks like the whole gang is getting a nice holiday behind bars,I didnt even know they arrested someone for the barr murder wonder what evidence they have.

yeah the rumours were some sort of debt or cash dispute, with a businessman under protection from INLA

Connors was millionaire apparently from traveller gang robbing houses in rural areas and scamming Old people. So probably had many enemies anyway

this happened after it then

www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/widow-of-murdered-criminal-fat-andy-connors-tells-of-strangle-threat-during-home-burglary-31417614.html

• Advertisement

You can literally put the whole picture together if you visit the fb page of the bomber suspected of murdering gareth hutch,they are all there posing with the inla crew who are before the courts in limerick this week alongside cumberton who is accused of shooting barr,they are so brazen its hilarious,

Looks like the whole gang is getting a nice holiday behind bars,I didnt even know they arrested someone for the barr murder wonder what evidence they have.

i may look for that facebook page is his fullname down or a shortened version? i suspect the man who handed himself in to the gardai after advice from his mother has done some talking could be wrong though

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Still FB "friends" with a couple of Hutch family members too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

In my opinion it was a certain business man who owed him a lot of money and who has known to associate with INLA in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'd be surprised if any of them are old enough to have been around when the INLA were still active. I remember someone pointing out that there was probably more lads in uniform at an INLA demo in Derry then they ever had back when the INLA were still active and ran the risk of being shot :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

He has previous,stabbed a man to death in mount joy park years ago,also had been running a gym teaching kids martial arts in phibsboro lately.

I was wondering was he the same guy who is involved in mma?
    You tube his name for MMA stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

One thing that hasnt changed across the generations is that the INLA were always particularly useful at internal feuding!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

And the INLA never got a retirement pension like alot of Provos did lol

Retirement pension :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

It's reassuring that these guys are stupid enough to discuss criminality on FB.
    Reminds me of this
    http://new3.fjcdn.com/pictures/Batman+and+robin+on+facebook_308366_4232069.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Reopened

Ok, have had to delete a load of posts as the thread was a libel case waiting to happen. Mods don't want to go around locking threads, but if any of the posts I have had to delete get reposted, we will have no other choice.

As a reminder, do not speculate the identities of suspects or relatives of suspects, either with initials, addresses or otherwise. No requesting info by PM either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

Be interesting to see if the other gang in the Crumlin drimnagh feud see this as an opportunity to take out a few of the fat ones gang, some heavy hitters due to be released soon aswell as their most senior henchman who's mother was attacked by the fat ones gang, I'd imagine he's hell bent on revenge

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement