Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

Yes, it's good the thread hasn't been locked and great to see the mods allowing us to keep on despite multiple warnings.
    No more asking for info or posting initials lads, it would be a shame for the discussion to stop for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

HarryStuby wrote: »
    Be interesting to see if the other gang in the Crumlin drimnagh feud see this as an opportunity to take out a few of the fat ones gang, some heavy hitters due to be released soon aswell as their most senior henchman who's mother was attacked by the fat ones gang, I'd imagine he's hell bent on revenge

already happened a few weeks back a man whos 2 brothers were killed as part of the feud paid a hitman too take out the fat one but the hitman took the money and told the fat one and then a man was shot at in the mcdonalds carpark and an innocent child was nearly hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

already happened a few weeks back a man whos 2 brothers were killed as part of the feud paid a hitman too take out the fat one but the hitman took the money and told the fat one and then a man was shot at in the mcdonalds carpark and an innocent child was nearly hit

Wow

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

HarryStuby wrote: »
    Be interesting to see if the other gang in the Crumlin drimnagh feud see this as an opportunity to take out a few of the fat ones gang, some heavy hitters due to be released soon aswell as their most senior henchman who's mother was attacked by the fat ones gang, I'd imagine he's hell bent on revenge

Are you sure about that? I thought that was just a bit of house keeping whilst in town as the intended target was one half of a duo that attacked Freddie Thompson's brother and girlfriend outside a Camden St. pub. The other half of that duo met a grim end not long after the attack.

humberklog wrote: »
    Are you sure about that? I thought that was just a bit of house keeping whilst in town as the intended target was one half of a duo that attacked Freddie Thompson's brother and girlfriend outside a Camden St. pub. The other half of that duo met a grim end not long after the attack.

yea that man was part of that attack but after the main man involved was taking care of everything else was left to stop further trouble but that man had already lost 2 brothers in the feud. he supposedly got a large amount of money together and contacted a hitman with a view to getting rid of the fat one for a large price the hitman agreed but wanted a large amount upfront they guy paid and the hitman went and told the fat one what happened and thats when the attempt was made in the carpark hes gone into hiding since

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

There is a lot of ''Barstool Detectives'' on this thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭HarryStuby

yea that man was part of that attack but after the main man involved was taking care of everything else was left to stop further trouble but that man had already lost 2 brothers in the feud. he supposedly got a large amount of money together and contacted a hitman with a view to getting rid of the fat one for a large price the hitman agreed but wanted a large amount upfront they guy paid and the hitman went and told the fat one what happened and thats when the attempt was made in the carpark hes gone into hiding since

Heard that alright but doubted they had the resources, probably saw an opportunity to take the fat one out and pass it off as the hutch crew...his other brother is due to be released very soon along with a couple of other figures centrally involved in the Crumlin drimnagh feud...I'd imagine it could get very messy down there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

chillin117 wrote: »

:D Sure were else would you be posting here, the politics threads etc etc are gone to bits since Nodin absconded :pac::pac::pac:

Fair enough, however just this morning on Marianne Finnucane she said that through her understanding the Hutch family were not involved in drugs and that all the people shot so far were his own kids.
    Take your news from where you like but this is from the highest earner in RTE (for the hours) talking for 1hour and 17 in minutes on the subject with experts in the field.

And it's all balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Fair enough, however just this morning on Marianne Finnucane she said that through her understanding the Hutch family were not involved in drugs and that all the people shot so far were his own kids.
    Take your news from where you like but this is from the highest earner in RTE (for the hours) talking for 1hour and 17 in minutes on the subject with experts in the field.

His own kids?

We know that's not true?

• Advertisement

JustTheOne wrote: »

His own kids?

We know that's not true?
    I know, it's to highlight the piss poor performance from the journalists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

JustTheOne wrote: »
    His own kids?

We know that's not true?

I think that's his point.
    Everything she said, was spoken while she had a massive amount of horsecrap in her mouth, and some of that seems to have fallen out while she was talking.

To be honest, theories or not, our thread here is the most reliable source for what's really happening out there.
    With no bias from either sides!*

*disclaimer - the last part of this post is joke*

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Yes, it's good the thread hasn't been locked and great to see the mods allowing us to keep on despite multiple warnings.
    No more asking for info or posting initials lads, it would be a shame for the discussion to stop for good.

The Gardai will never let this thread die :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

The Gardai will never let this thread die :pac:[/QUOTE
    can some one arrange a poll, so we can vote on how many keystones are on this thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Sure the Garda are probably still looking for info on that ''5'' series bmw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

http://
    www.
    boevennieuws.nl/nieuws/
    hutch-dood-onthulling-vlinderscrime/

Just curious what is the thread view number now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

www.
    boevennieuws.nl/nieuws/

:confused:

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    :confused:

It's a link to Dutch site which predicted Garth's death i can't link so broke it up. Barstool detectives here had all that info correct.!

Threads views of this thread seems very popular with people with an interest and people who don't like this thread!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

www.
    boevennieuws.nl/nieuws/

674,949 as of 11.12pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Dont forget the cctv in the regency was hacked the day before the attack do you see the pattern here

I'd forgotten about that part of the operation. I wonder was the CCTV hacked from inside the Regency Hotel or done remotely. I'd imagine it is possible to do it remotely with the right software and technology but it would take some serious expertise. Which would certainly put this Dutch cyber criminal in the frame. But it also must be remembered that the hotel manager copped the CCTV had been knocked off and he switched it on again. I'd have thought this Dutch criminal would have checked it was off an hour before the raid if he was doing the job efficiently? Who knows really....
    Retirement pension :confused:

I presume he is referring to the IRA pension fund before they fully engaged with the peace process, otherwise known as the Northern Bank robbery. £27 million was stolen for the IRA to give active service members a sweetner to lay down their arms and follow the path Adams and McGuinness had chartered. Only one person has ever served time in connection with that robbery which still ranks as the largest bank robbery ever on UK soil. Ted Cunningham was his name, a Cork businessman who was tasked with laundering a couple of million of the used bank notes. iirc the IRA specifically carried out the Northern Bank robbery just a few weeks before the Cheltenham festival as they knew they could launder millions at it through the bookies at the race track. The robbery itself was carried out with military precision but the laundering too was pretty impressive given how quickly it was done with only one person ever caught doing it out of the many involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

This the biggest cash robbery in UK.

The Securitas depot robbery was the largest cash robbery in British history. It took place on the evening of 21 February 2006 from 18:30 GMT until the early hours of 22 February 2006. Several men abducted and threatened the family of the manager, tied up fourteen staff members and stole £53,116,760[2][3] in bank notes from a Securitas Cash Management Ltd depot in Vale Road, Tonbridge, Kent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securitas_depot_robbery

Just saying :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The Securitas depot robbery was the largest cash robbery in British history. It took place on the evening of 21 February 2006 from 18:30 GMT until the early hours of 22 February 2006. Several men abducted and threatened the family of the manager, tied up fourteen staff members and stole £53,116,760[2][3] in bank notes from a Securitas Cash Management Ltd depot in Vale Road, Tonbridge, Kent.

They made a balls of that

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Muahahaha wrote: »

I presume he is referring to the IRA pension fund before they fully engaged with the peace process, otherwise known as the Northern Bank robbery. £27 million was stolen for the IRA to give active service members a sweetner to lay down their arms and follow the path Adams and McGuinness had chartered. Only one person has ever served time in connection with that robbery which still ranks as the largest bank robbery ever on UK soil. Ted Cunningham was his name, a Cork businessman who was tasked with laundering a couple of million of the used bank notes. iirc the IRA specifically carried out the Northern Bank robbery just a few weeks before the Cheltenham festival as they knew they could launder millions at it through the bookies at the race track. The robbery itself was carried out with military precision but the laundering too was pretty impressive given how quickly it was done with only one person ever caught doing it out of the many involved.

I'm aware of the robbery.
    Is there any evidence that money was distributed to members for personal gain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭TheExile1878

I'm aware of the robbery.
    Is there any evidence that money was distributed to members for personal gain?

He weaves a good yarn, you have to say.

The suspect of the last murder was rushed to hospital after swallowing something.

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/gareth-hutch-murder-suspect-rushed-to-hospital

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

I was actually quite good mates with Eamon Cumberton when we were 13/14 - can't say I'm too surprised by all this. He was always a few atoms short of critical mass

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

According to the lefties, this is all the fault of the middle class and the inner city people are "abandoned".

The ordinary working people who pay mortgages are the ones being abandoned here. This drivel of people of inner city needing more facilities, more support etc is the sh*t of a bull. Those who claim to live in poverty live in city centre Dublin with jobs and third level colleges on their doorsteps, yet, many CHOOSE not to take up opportunities. That state has failed the inner city…by providing them with corpo houses and numerous social welfare payments, deis schools and other family supports making them being dependant with a sense of entitlement. There are many of us in inner city Dublin who work, pay mortgages and pay private childcare.

Devil makes work for idle hands.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Yep that overtook the Northern Bank in monetary value, the heist was ran by the the infamous MMA fighter Lee Murray who was quite a fearsome reputation and I believe a film is in development on his life. He is doing 25 years in Moroccan jail now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Yep that overtook the Northern Bank in monetary value, the heist was ran by the the infamous MMA fighter Lee Murray who was quite a fearsome reputation and I believe a film is in development on his life. He is doing 25 years in Moroccan jail now.
    Those MMA skills will prove very handy in a hell-hole like that I'd imagine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Those MMA skills will prove very handy in a hell-hole like that I'd imagine.
    Yeah definitely , also very big street fighting reputation. I believe he once KO'd Tito Ortiz in a street fight outside a nightclub. I think hes half Moroccan thats why hes doing his time there. Also he had a cushy number going there because of his rep/money but they took all his privileges away when he fathered a child with a prison visitor lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

A caged fighter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

This Eamon Cumberton fellow has a heartfelt tribute to his son on his twitter feed, it's amazing how humans can compartmentalize. I see the guy was also involved in the anti austerity movement in Dublin.

What's surprising for me is all these killers have so many friends on Facebook, some of them flaunting their killer attitude and lifestyle and all their friends must know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

What's surprising for me is all these killers have so many friends on Facebook, some of them flaunting their killer attitude and lifestyle and all their friends must know!

Their friends should know but they don't feel any pain or compassion until one of their own gets killed or injured. They are probably youngsters who were fans of Love/Hate.

• Advertisement

Their friends should know but they don't feel any pain or compassion until one of their own gets killed or injured. They are probably youngsters who were fans of Love/Hate.

Yeah they probably think it's great to have them as friends!
    I know handy Andy! He's a beast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

A woman in her forties has been charged in relation to the murder of Gareth Hutch. In court in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Daniel Kinahan not too worried..
    http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/gang-boss-daniel-kinahan-returns-8080672#rlabs=1%20rt$sitewide%20p$1

(Ignoring the incorrect information in the story)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Some of these fellas were on the scene long before love/hate was even thought of and they were probably friends long before they got their killer reputations

Cazale wrote: »
    A woman in her forties has been charged in relation to the murder of Gareth Hutch. In court in the morning.

If I was to hazard a guess I would say she is just the first of several that will be charged in connection to that killing, with charges in two other feud related murders and the charges in connection with another very grissly murder earlier this year I would say the the gaurds are doing fairly alright. I am also guessing more charges will come in connection to some of those murders to.

• Advertisement

Didn't writers of love/hate get all series plots from real life Irish gangsterism and feud's but obviously changed up a bit?

Has boxing's rep been damaged with all the connection to gangsters not just here abroad too.

Two people who murdered Mr Garth Hutch were they hiding in a house/apartment or did they come out from an alleyway on the video??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

Didn't writers of love/hate get all series plots from real life Irish gangsterism and feud's but obviously changed up a bit?

Has boxing's rep been damaged with all the connection to gangsters not just here abroad too.

Two people who murdered Mr Garth Hutch were they hiding in a house/apartment or did they come out from an alleyway on the video??

think i read that they were hiding in the house of the woman that was arrested

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

tomofson wrote: »
    Cazale wrote: »

If I was to hazard a guess I would say she is just the first of several that will be charged in connection to that killing, with charges in two other feud related murders and the charges in connection with another very grissly murder earlier this year I would say the the gaurds are doing fairly alright. I am also guessing more charges will come in connection to some of those murders to.
    Let's see if any of these charges stick in court first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Many of the characters could be compared to people in real life and many of the scenes are very reminiscent of real life incidents. They obviously mixed things up a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,846 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I would not imagine it will have any affect at all. I'm no great boxing aficionado but I take a general interest in crime and the history there of and you only have to look back to the likes of The Krays and a lot of those east end and south of the river London gangsters like the Richardson's etc who would have grown up around boxing and were often seen ringside at big boxing events and know a lot of the boxers.. Same goes for a lot of the US mafia guys also. Boxing has always attract a small element of that type of individual involved in the sport on some level or other. I'd say it will damage the whole image of MGM and some of the boxers involved perhaps as people might be wary of attending events at least in the short term..

Let's see if any of these charges stick in court first.

Well charging is the first step in the right direction. Your guaranteed at least some of the charges will stick lets hope its the more serious ones that do stick.

i wonder if the man that swallowed something and was brought to hospital who was arrrested in connection with the gareth hutch murder will be charged the media are saying he is still maintaining his innocence

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

i wonder if the man that swallowed something and was brought to hospital who was arrrested in connection with the gareth hutch murder will be charged the media are saying he is still maintaining his innocence

I'd bet good money the woman charged spilled the beans,the 2 gunmen will be doing life.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Contributor 2013

for the records (I know some of are keeping in your 'tiny' heads)

I'm not 'morto' by anything I put on here on Saturday night/early Sunday morning.

Fact is, this is seen an 'acceptable/normal' conversation topic in the society which is Dublin.

Honestly - I am sorry to be a part of it - this community (Dublin).

There are scumbags out there who would rather inject your children and children's children with drugs than ever give up their lifestyles and all you lot can seem to do? Sit around and post on an online forum about it. I'm so Fúcking sick of this shít.

This as a "conversation topic" is abnormal - are we in prohibition in america in the 1020's/1030's? Seems like as a society we are... Many would rather sit here behind their computers and phones and talk shít about rumors and hear-say than get out there on the streets and stop it, with people power.

It may not have directly effected your family, yet - however if we allow these scumbags to continue operating without putting more pressure on our government to crack down on them; how long do think it will be before your child or grandchild has a negative experience directly caused by these drug dealing no good animals you are so happy to sit here conversing and hyping up about?

Wake up folks. It's time for a change, and us as people asking the government to be accountable for this part of our culture is only the start.

Irish water can sit for 2 years, so can the rest of it, if these scumbags are not put in thier place in 2 years time you';ll be paying for water and for the health bills these sucmbags are creating by hooking the kids on drugs.

Stop sitting here talking shít about it, START sitting here talking shít about how we can find a resolution/solution, this boards community seems strong with many members, what you guys don't think you can create change!? Seriously? You all little midgets in tiny houses all 5,000 of you online now?

Wake up Eire, we all have our part to play, let us start here, Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

for the records (I know some of are keeping in your 'tiny' heads)

I'm not 'morto' by anything I put on here on Saturday night/early Sunday morning.

Fact is, this is seen an 'acceptable/normal' conversation topic in the society which is Dublin.

Honestly - I am sorry to be a part of it - this community (Dublin).

There are scumbags out there who would rather inject your children and children's children with drugs than ever give up their lifestyles and all you lot can seem to do? Sit around and post on an online forum about it. I'm so Fúcking sick of this shít.

This as a "conversation topic" is abnormal - are we in prohibition in america in the 1020's/1030's? Seems like as a society we are... Many would rather sit here behind their computers and phones and talk shít about rumors and hear-say than get out there on the streets and stop it, with people power.

It may not have directly effected your family, yet - however if we allow these scumbags to continue operating without putting more pressure on our government to crack down on them; how long do think it will be before your child or grandchild has a negative experience directly caused by these drug dealing no good animals you are so happy to sit here conversing and hyping up about?

Wake up folks. It's time for a change, and us as people asking the government to be accountable for this part of our culture is only the start.

Irish water can sit for 2 years, so can the rest of it, if these scumbags are not put in thier place in 2 years time you';ll be paying for water and for the health bills these sucmbags are creating by hooking the kids on drugs.

Stop sitting here talking shít about it, START sitting here talking shít about how we can find a resolution/solution, this boards community seems strong with many members, what you guys don't think you can create change!? Seriously? You all little midgets in tiny houses all 5,000 of you online now?

Wake up Eire, we all have our part to play, let us start here, Now.

Eire???? That's a pretty ironic post all in all

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement