Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gangland Shootings in Dublin MOD Warning in Post #1 (updated 29/05/16)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Simon2015 wrote: »
    How can someone be done for "withholding information" ? I thought suspects had the right to silence ?

she knew in advance that a murder would take place. she kept that information to herself presumably because she was getting paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A crime task force talking shop committee is to be set up the tackle the international crime gangs:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Bicky bicky

Second woman charged with withholding information in the last hour.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

2 men in their 50's arrested over Byrne's murder. 1 held in Clontarf station and the other in Ballymun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

humberklog wrote: »
    2 men in their 50's arrested over Byrne's murder. 1 held in Clontarf station and the other in Ballymun

50s... Clontarf... must... resist... urge... to speculate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

humberklog wrote: »
    That's quite the rock and a hard place situation for that woman. Inform against people involved in a Kinahan sanctioned murder or keep stum and anger the Hutch family.

Fúck her! She shouldnt have got involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Simon2015 wrote: »
    How can someone be done for "withholding information" ? I thought suspects had the right to silence ?

It is illegal to not disclose information about a murder if you know anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭gangstergossip

JustTheOne wrote: »
    It is illegal to not disclose information about a murder if you know anything.

unless you have a reasonable excuse like your life would be in danger but it looks like she didnt play that card, So this woman must not of done any ratting the two boys might get off scott free as the man who is in garda custody still has not been charged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

I've never heard of a charge of witholding brought against someone who simply overheard something and kept quiet about it. I'll be interested to hear what comes out at the trial as to the details of her charge.

I've never heard of a charge of witholding brought against someone who simply overheard something and kept quiet about it. I'll be interested to hear what comes out at the trial as to the details of her charge.

some media are saying she was suspected of providing logistical support to the killers which could be informing the killers of his movements or letting them use her home as a base to start from

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 256 ✭✭coniosumadre

some media are saying she was suspected of providing logistical support to the killers which could be informing the killers of his movements or letting them use her home as a base to start from
    There's certainly been a flurry of arrests and charges since the public outcry over last week's murder. I think that was the one that broke the camels back. Only one of the women has been charged. Media reports say the other is the girlfriend of the on the run suspect, she's not expected of any involvement but has still been in custody 7 days.

There's certainly been a flurry of arrests and charges since the public outcry over last week's murder. I think that was the one that broke the camels back. Only one of the women has been charged. Media reports say the other is the girlfriend of the on the run suspect, she's not expected of any involvement but has still been in custody 7 days.

Yea id say there has been a lot of political pressure put on the gardai to solve the murders since the gareth hutch murder enda kenny didnt come out looking to good after claiming he couldnt stop it. I suspected the girlfriend of the on the run suspect may be charged with with holding information not the woman who has been. I also wonder if the arrests in the gareth hutch murder had any effect on the charge in the mickey barr murder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

They appear to be taking their time with the Gareth Hutch funeral too, or, has he been quietly buried already?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Probably need a donation from the big man.
    They were broke! (Some say)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭Esel

50s... Clontarf... must... resist... urge... to speculate...
    Joe Duffy?

Not your ornery onager

Yea id say there has been a lot of political pressure put on the gardai to solve the murders since the gareth hutch murder enda kenny didnt come out looking to good after claiming he couldnt stop it. I suspected the girlfriend of the on the run suspect may be charged with with holding information not the woman who has been. I also wonder if the arrests in the gareth hutch murder had any effect on the charge in the mickey barr murder?

Gardaí don't need political pressure to solve a murder, they need political support in the form of manpower and resources, and I reckon in this case they got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

Gardaí don't need political pressure to solve a murder, they need political support in the form of manpower and resources, and I reckon in this case they got it.

They didn't need the above mentioned support pre this weekend according to Noirin and Francis.

Then again, there were no poor morale issues within the Force when Regina was talking to Sean O Rourke on Morning Ireland.

By midday the bould Regina did concede on Newstalk however, that morale could be better.

How could anyone have confidence in this farce?

Uncle Ben wrote: »
    They didn't need the above mentioned support pre this weekend according to Noirin and Francis.

Then again, there were no poor morale issues within the Force when Regina was talking to Sean O Rourke on Morning Ireland.

By midday the bould Regina did concede on Newstalk however, that morale could be better.

If you are referring to Garda management then I'm not sure anyone does have confidence in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

In case you weren't aware, today is Monday, the weekend is over.

Bank holiday is next weekend, or maybe you're confused? you live in the UK?

Long weekend with armchair shinners then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

That's not all they need, to be fair. They also need the co-operation from the judicial system which they seem to very rarely get in Ireland.

If this saga ended with the entire Kinahan gang leadership in front of the central criminal court and walking away with a few years of a suspended sentence, it would only slightly surprise me. None of them should have been free to get involved in these killings to begin with.

This sh!te will end when, and only when criminals don't get involved in tit for tat warfare because they're too terrified of the consequences in court if they get caught.

That's not all they need, to be fair. They also need the co-operation from the judicial system which they seem to very rarely get in Ireland.

If this saga ended with the entire Kinahan gang leadership in front of the central criminal court and walking away with a few years of a suspended sentence, it would only slightly surprise me. None of them should have been free to get involved in these killings to begin with.

This sh!te will end when, and only when criminals don't get involved in tit for tat warfare because they're too terrified of the consequences in court if they get caught.

Agreed.
    There's no fear for criminals in this country.
    Going to prison is seen as a badge of honour.
    There's not enough prison places, which is why the judges don't sentence criminals to any decent time in prison.
    I have no doubt they have been told to give lenient sentences because the places are not there .

We need to build more prisons & actually sentence criminals to proper jail time.
    With no TVs or PlayStations or Xbox in their cells.

Micheal o toole reporting that man for court in the morning on firearm charge in relation to Gareth Hutch murder.

Weird!!

Micheal o toole reporting that man for court in the morning on firearm charge in relation to Gareth Hutch murder.

Weird!!
    Yeah,it's the guy who handed himself in almost straight away afterwards. Bet he wishes he did a runner like the other guy now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Yeah,it's the guy who handed himself in almost straight away afterwards. Bet he wishes he did a runner like the other guy now!

Surely the charge is murder then?

• Advertisement

Doesn't sound like it. Firearm offences according to the independent.

Could have supplied the gun or could be like ex sinner dude anything that sticks! Weird one alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Doesn't sound like it. Firearm offences according to the independent.

sunday world "crime desk"
    says murder..

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/breaking-29-year-old-man-charged-with-murder-of-gareth-hutch

let the record state:
    Mothers don't know best.

Could have supplied the gun or could be like ex sinner dude anything that sticks! Weird one alright.
    I'd say at this stage anybody who's in there the full seven days ain't going home without some charge stuck on them. Actually, not going home for the forseeable future because I doubt any of them will get bail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

Uncle Ben wrote: »

or regia either, then again she had a biisness which ended up burst, with a few folk getting their fingers burned

• Advertisement

So both shooters are on the run? That's not what I've been reading all week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

arayess wrote: »
    says murder..

http://www.sundayworld.com/news/crimedesk/breaking-29-year-old-man-charged-with-murder-of-gareth-hutch

let the record state:
    Mothers don't know best.
    The headline does, the article says weapons charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

The headline does, the article says weapons charge

ah sure...
    I only posted for the gag about his mother...

Is there another man being questioned ? Article says "One man is still being questioned in connecton with the killing."

Thought it was 1 man and 2 women altogether, being questioned.

Is there another man being questioned ? Article says "One man is still being questioned in connecton with the killing."

Thought it was 1 man and 2 women altogether, being questioned.

According to the journal.ie, one woman and one man have been charged and another woman remains in custody with no charge

Suppose depends on writing style and snippets of accurate info what get me to believe some articles but there is alot of headline grabbing titles s**te out there.

Mick the hack is on the ball most time's.

When will gardai start moving on the crumlin crew all directed from that area.

Any truth to a lady from crumlin crew calling all the shots in this feud?

According to the journal.ie, one woman and one man have been charged and another woman remains in custody with no charge[/quote

Second woman suppose to be charged and for court tomorrow too withholding information I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Not connected to the thread really, but if this woman is related, that family is a bit off to say the least of it. But so are they all really when you think about it.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/donna-hutch-woman-with-313-previous-convictions-tried-to-stab-garda-with-syringe-34761507.html

Anyway, things are happening. All due I'd say to the man who handed himself in. Seems he is being brought before the courts tomorrow too now. I would have thought he would be State's witness or in protection or something. I wouldn't like to be him in Mountjoy/Wheatfield on remand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭Esel

arayess wrote: »
    says murder..

let the record state:
    Mothers don't know best.

Picture of victim in that article looks very different to previous published picture, to me anyway. Time difference maybe?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

That's 3 of the murders where someone has been charged now.

Gard's are making progress.

• Advertisement

It appears the so called "New INLA" are now on the Cartels side in the feud. Or to be more specific the side with the most cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Aloneagain

It appears the so called "New INLA" are now on the Cartels side in the feud. Or to be more specific the side with the most cash.

The `NW INLA` hitman / bombmaker has gone to ground... His FB fiends are still posting status updates..
    He was a worthless pawn, paid off and cut loose. A sptter in The Sunset for EC !
    The lad who handed himself in (**) has (unbeknowingly) implicated at least 7 individuals and this intel is invaluable...

Aloneagain wrote: »
    The `NW INLA` hitman / bombmaker has gone to ground... His FB fiends are still posting status updates..
    He was a worthless pawn, paid off and cut loose. A sptter in The Sunset for EC !
    The lad who handed himself in (**) has (unbeknowingly) implicated at least 7 individuals and this intel is invaluable...

Was Cumberton arrested because of what the man in custody let loose. Because its a bit of a coincidence otherwise

All the lads involved are well known and well known to each other aswell, drinking pals etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭tomofson

Was Cumberton arrested because of what the man in custody let loose. Because its a bit of a coincidence otherwise

All the lads involved are well known and well known to each other aswell, drinking pals etc

It was my initial guess is he is going supergrass and will help solve a few of the murders with hes inside knowledge.

tomofson wrote: »
    It was my initial guess is he is going supergrass and will help solve a few of the murders with hes inside knowledge.

Is he actually the 2nd shooter I wonder. Cos hes getting off lightly with a weapons charge if so. He is basically just a sidekick/associate of the INLA hitman

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Its funny how Cumberton appears in photos with the inla bomber suspected of the hutch murder,thats the link to the barr murder anyways.

Gamebred wrote: »
    Its funny how Cumberton appears in photos with the inla bomber suspected of the hutch murder,thats the link to the barr murder anyways.

I have`nt seen any of those photos, can you pm me a link GB please and thank you :)

Do the new inla Dublin answer to overlords in the north or are they just a criminal grouping?

Do the new inla Dublin answer to overlords in the north or are they just a criminal grouping?

Look at their structure Bicky and draw your own conclussions !

• Advertisement

Look at their structure Bicky and draw your own conclusions !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement